This player killing "problem"

Danny Brumleve

Jun 12, 1992, 7:46:35 PM6/12/92

In my 11 months or so of playing DikuMUDs, I've never encountered
a true "problem" with player killing. Every once in a while, some moron
kills a couple players, and it's dragged way out of proportion... As
an immortal on Adversary (which seems to be down at the moment, if
anyone knows why, please post a msg), I've witnessed groups kill
2 or 3 people, and a few minutes afterwards, someone completely
uninvolved writes a board message stating how "they killed at least
20 people! It was a massacre!". Nothing should be done to stop
player killing; it's part of the game, and it encourages players
to bind together and trust each other more than any player killing
"system" does.

-Jhalavar