Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Armageddon

9 просмотров

Johannes Herrmann

не прочитано,
15 апр. 1997 г., 03:00:0015.04.1997

Does anyone know whether Armageddon is up? I've been unable to
connect to it for over a week now, but I think it might be a probelm
with the 'net in Cansas, rather than the MUD itself.

Thanks,
Hannes

Lisa

не прочитано,
16 апр. 1997 г., 03:00:0016.04.1997

Nope, it's not you, it's them :-(
Haven't heard anything but questions so far, dunno what's up with it.

/Lisa

--
"Half humankind cannot be free,
as long as the other half is living in slavery"

http://www.mkv.mh.se/J95/Lisa

Robert L. Peckham

In article <elisabet.bjerre-...@d182.mkv.mh.se> elisabe...@mkv.mh.se (Lisa) writes:

>In article <3352fbcb...@news.uwa.edu.au>, han...@cs.uwa.edu.au wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know whether Armageddon is up? I've been unable to
>> connect to it for over a week now, but I think it might be a probelm
>> with the 'net in Cansas, rather than the MUD itself.
>
>Nope, it's not you, it's them :-(
>Haven't heard anything but questions so far, dunno what's up with it.

Armageddon was hacked. the machine is down for a couple weeks
while the OLs reinstall the operating system, with extra
security this time. They said there will be no player file purge, and
all currently active plots will continue when the game returns.

Since the machine is down, obviously the web page isn't up - the
announcement they made saying the above was on the isca bbs:
telnet bbs.isca.uiowa.edu (23, port is optional. TELNET, not tintin.),
in the Mudding> forum.

Robert L. Peckham
dae...@netcom.com/pec...@seas.ucla.edu
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~peckham