Searching for [RP] Games featuring permanent death

Stephen Kenny

Aug 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/24/95

Though I would never endeavor to pursue entertainment from MUDs and such
other internet games, AS THE UNIVERSITY WHICH GIVES ME THE PRIVILEGE OF
USING THIS ACCOUNT DOES NOT CONSIDER MUDDING A WORTHWHILE EXPENDITURE OF
SYSTEM REESOURCES, I am quite interested in any games accessible for play
on the internet that are VERY hard-core Roleplaying ones, most
particularly with the characteristic of having permanent death in their
game (i.e. Your character gets killed, you have to make a new character
instead of doing that ridiculous thing of running to find your body)

If anyone knows of any games of this nature at all, I would be interested.
Of course, this would be for information purposes ONLY ;)

~
Stephen Kenny 43wicklow stjohnsnewfoundlandcanada..eh? (709)7540433
-=-=-=-ske...@garfield.cs.mun.ca=-=ske...@plato.ucs.mun.ca=-=-=-=-=-
"The heart has its reasons which reason does not know." - Pascal

--
~
Stephen Kenny 43wicklow stjohnsnewfoundlandcanada..eh? (709)7540433
-=-=-=-ske...@garfield.cs.mun.ca=-=ske...@plato.ucs.mun.ca=-=-=-=-=-
"The heart has its reasons which reason does not know." - Pascal

Harold M. Roberts

Aug 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/26/95
Armageddon MUD is a diku derivative with a MUSH-like emphasis on roleplay.
We have permanent death, no repopping unique mobs, no global channels,
a completely skill-based advancement system, and, most importantly, a strict
policy of enforcing roleplaying. To play, you'll have to email the account
to get on the invite list (anyone who mails will be put on the list) and
apply for a character. Telnet to thrash.isca.uiowa.edu 4444 to get
more specific instructions on how to get invited and the port on which
the game is currently running. Once invited, log onto the game and
apply for a character from the main screen.

In the meanwhile, you can take learn more about our world from the web page at
"http://armag.cs.princeton.edu/". There are also some helpful tips about
applying for a character in the roleplaying section of the page.

-Hal Roberts
aka Bram on Armageddon