Armeggedon MUD

James J Nutaro

Aug 8, 1993, 4:56:48 PM8/8/93
I have been trying to connect to Armeggedon for about a week now.
If anyone has a clue as to when, if, or where it is coming back up, I would
appreciate any related information.
Thanks.

SCRIVEN ADAM

Aug 9, 1993, 9:40:49 AM8/9/93
As would I...Is it still down for hardware changes?

F. Rodgers

Aug 9, 1993, 9:37:52 PM8/9/93

While I am not 100% certain, I belive that the immplementor is out of town
and therefore can not reboot the mud. Also there maybe a new site soon and
it may not be worth putting up until the new site is ready (unless you miss the
lag).

Powermonger - but don't quote me on that. :-)

G. Eric Morgan

Aug 13, 1993, 5:24:38 PM8/13/93
I can connect very sporadically... However I can get no one there to return email.
They approved a friend of mine but I have not heard from them My friend and I applied
the same day. That was about a week ago. I connected twice this afternoon and tried
four other times and got connection refused. I HOPE to get mail from them explaining
the problem (limited use hours etc) and get my char approved. Later

:^) Eric

David Wren-Hardin

Aug 13, 1993, 6:31:56 PM8/13/93

I also applied over a week ago and haven't heard a thing.
I can get the login screen, so it seems to be up, but can't log in.

David Wren-Hardin bd...@quads.uchicago.edu University of Chicago
Thousands of years ago the Egyptians worshipped cats as gods.
Cats have never forgotten this.

F. Rodgers

Aug 14, 1993, 2:47:09 AM8/14/93

Do to abuses, only the implementor can approve new characters. This is do to
the nature of the mud (players have sdesc and ldesc rather then vis names) and
therefore a proper desc is a MUST. Since what people think is a proper desc
varries, Jhalavar processes all applications. He has been rather bussy rl
and has'nt been on much as of late. All of these problems should be cleared up
in a few weeks.

Powermonger

Don't blame me, I voted for Bush.
mack...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

G. Eric Morgan

Aug 14, 1993, 4:04:25 PM8/14/93
Just to set the record straight, I have now been approved for Armageddon. It was
a simple mix where my character name had a typo in it. No one seems to answer email
so I created a new character called message and in the description wrote to the
character approval guy. Seemed to work great because within a few hours the problem
was fixed. I'm not sure if the person who approves characters is one of the
names listed to email to or not be HE/SHE has his act together.

-Eric

Mode

Aug 16, 1993, 1:52:27 PM8/16/93

when i lasted talked to jhalavar (fri i think) he had @ 60 applications he
was going thru, and he got thru a fair ammt of them. also, armageddon
will be moving shortly (thru the grapevine) so hes working on some porting
systems. yeah! finally to a sun4 and off the old sun350... RISC here we come
;).

so, those of you who applied, your apps should be processed soon if they are
not already. a note to people who are considering applying: READ THRU THE
documentation. application is a rather lengthy process, and reading thru
the docs can help get your application thru quicker and with less changes.
believe me, its well worth the extra time.

- jeremy , Sareth Jenbulle on Armageddon

--
"You, sir, have a very weak grasp of reality" | Jeremy Hinton
-- Rgt. Ordin. Horatio Jackson | hin...@stolaf.edu