More happy creation code (oh joy, oh joy)

Danny Brumleve

Aug 26, 1992, 6:59:49 PM8/26/92

I've done a major rewrite of all my object creation code (which was
in a rather sorry state before). I've smurged everything into do_oset(),
and it allows you to oset different things depending on item type, and
it's also complete with docs contained in the command.

Examples:
oset weapon damage
(a little blurb about 5 lines long describing weapon damage)

oset armor points
(another blurb)

oset object
(a list of everything you can set on the object. there is a list of generic
fields (non type-dependant) and a struct of up to 4 other things you can
set depending on the item type)

oset weapon damage 5d5
oset container capacity 100
oset object type dart
oset blurb aff1 mana 20

It also shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to port it to standard diku
code. I would do it, but I'm lazy.... and incredibly tired since I've
gotten myself into a happy little nocturnal cycle due to staying up all
night writing the code which I'm describing.

I'll zorch this sucker into /pub/games/dikumud/uploads on berkeley.edu.
If you have any questions about it, mail me at brum...@atropa.stat.uiuc.edu,
and if I'm concious enough to respond I probably will. Otherwise it
will most likely wind up in the bottomless depths of my year-old mbox
file, and I might come across it some day. ;-)

(btw, this code won't do much good for online creation unless you have a
save_object() routine. mine right now is slow, but mostly due to the
way diku code was set up. i'm going to change lots of things soon,
and make it virtually instantaneous. ;) )