Armageddon mud

JD...@ricevm1.rice.edu

Mar 18, 1994, 10:38:49 AM3/18/94
I've tried telnet studsys.mscs.mu.edu 4444 for the past *3 weeks* and haven't
been able to connect once...is it a local problem, or is everyone else not
getting on to Armageddon???

Jim
JD...@RiceVM1.Rice.Edu

Dave Williams

Apr 1, 1994, 9:44:50 PM4/1/94
In <16F7D87...@ricevm1.rice.edu> JD...@ricevm1.rice.edu writes:

> I've tried telnet studsys.mscs.mu.edu 4444 for the past *3 weeks* and haven't
> been able to connect once...is it a local problem, or is everyone else not
> getting on to Armageddon???

Everyone else as well.

> Jim
> JD...@RiceVM1.Rice.Edu

-Dave

--

Dave Williams - uro...@mcl.mcl.ucsb.edu

jsc...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu

Apr 2, 1994, 7:51:14 PM4/2/94
uro...@mcl.ucsb.edu (Dave Williams) writes:

>In <16F7D87...@ricevm1.rice.edu> JD...@ricevm1.rice.edu writes:

>> I've tried telnet studsys.mscs.mu.edu 4444 for the past *3 weeks* and haven't
>> been able to connect once...is it a local problem, or is everyone else not
>> getting on to Armageddon???
>>
>Everyone else as well.

However, one most intruiging fact is that, for the last _2_ weeks or more,
I have been able to (finger @studsys.mscs.mu.edu) and get a connection, but
no users logged in, and (telnet studsys.mscs.mu.edu) and get a login: prompt
(not I was trying anything but to see if it (the machine) WAS up.)

So, what's going on? Do the admins not know the machine is up or is the
sysadmin doing something VERY WIERD?

"What a puzzle!" Blackstaff

Dave Williams

Apr 6, 1994, 2:37:16 AM4/6/94
In <2nl3u2$g...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu] jsc...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu () writes:

]uro...@mcl.ucsb.edu (Dave Williams) writes:

]]In <16F7D87...@ricevm1.rice.edu] JD...@ricevm1.rice.edu writes:

I tried mailing the original imp, Jhalavar (Dan Brumleve), asking what was up,
but, like every other message I send to the imps there, it was not replied
to. So, does anyone out there have any info on what's up?

JJOKeefe

Apr 7, 1994, 8:51:02 AM4/7/94
In article <2ntlas$f...@ucsbuxb.ucsb.edu>, uro...@mcl.ucsb.edu (Dave Williams)
writes:

Well, I haven't been able to get in, either. I'm glad it's not just me (or my
site). Too bad, since it looked like a really interesting implementation.
*sigh*

John

F. Rodgers

Apr 7, 1994, 11:43:26 PM4/7/94

Not long ago, (1 week) Ur posted that there were major problems on the
new studsys, that were being SLOWLY worked out by the opr's there.
He also said not to expect much till after Aril 15.

Powermonger