Sojourn is splitting up?

Shawn R Granger

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
John Orlando (sup...@romulus.rutgers.edu) wrote:
: Logged onto Sojourn this evening to find this..

: Happy mudding everyone.
Yeah right! All I want to know is when ONE of them is going to be back
up. I just my AC up last night FINALLY and now this!! Plus the fact
that I am close to 20th which changes the game in a wonderful way. I
feel bad for all those who never got to experience Sojourn in it's splender.

Grunwald-Half-Elf.
gran...@crl.com

John Orlando

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Logged onto Sojourn this evening to find this..

To all things, there is a time.
For Sojourn DikuMUD, that time has come and finally gone..

For many reasons that are not important anymore, the Forgers have gone
their separate ways, and the mud known as Sojourn Diku has past into history
forever. In their place, using the SAME areas, code, and Player files, there
will be one, two, or three offspring from this separation. They will be listed
here on this message as they come into existence, and may you play the one
that suits you the most. They are listed as such:

mud.sojourn.com 9999 -or- (199.177.127.88 9999)
duris.sojourn.com 6666 -or- (199.177.127.66 6666)

Some of the gods will goto one or another, to which will be decided later
on, by each god/goddess individually. Was this bloody? No, we decided that we
did not agree on mud direction and wanted to do other things, so we split on
good terms and with a heart-felt beer and hug. In time, each offspring will
grow in their own direction and become different. We ask only that you remember
the good things about Sojourn. Yeah there was bad, but it no longer matters.
We give a big hug and thanks to everyone who helped make Sojourn great!

-= Sojourn DikuMUD -=- Where the Journey has Finally Ended =-

I'm not going to say much except that it seems like Lloth will be running mud.sojourn.com 9999 and Labelas will be possibly putting up a mud at duris.sojourn.com 6666. This doent seem as serious as it first implies, and maybe we will all benefit if the gods on each work hard to outdo eachother :)

Happy mudding everyone.

one...@utc.campus.mci.net

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

>Grunwald-Half-Elf.
>gran...@crl.com

Try 199.177.127.88 9999 its up and running with all the old
player-files intact. This seems to be the one most people are going
to.

--
one...@utc.campus.mci.net

Jared Leisner

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
one...@utc.campus.mci.net wrote:

: >Grunwald-Half-Elf.
: >gran...@crl.com

Duris pwiped to get a clean start. And "Sojourn" IS up, and adding more
code. Duris is planning on adding a bunch of stuff Soj won't <I heard
Kobolds as a PC race>. The rest of the evil races to. Duris - The Land of
Bloodlust will rock! It's got a cast of killer gods <Gruumsh, Malar,
Brandobaris and Labelas> and killer players <Me :)>. See it when they get
it back up, they will be shifting away from FR, so it will take a while
to phase it out.

Jared Leisner
a.k.a. Lasus Tyrn - Dawning Monk of Lathander, Sensei Eye Aeternum

Josh Buschbacher

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In <4jckji$3...@daily-planet.execpc.com> ja...@earth.execpc.com (Jared Leisner) writes:

>Duris pwiped to get a clean start. And "Sojourn" IS up, and adding more
>code. Duris is planning on adding a bunch of stuff Soj won't <I heard
>Kobolds as a PC race>. The rest of the evil races to. Duris - The Land of
>Bloodlust will rock! It's got a cast of killer gods <Gruumsh, Malar,
>Brandobaris and Labelas> and killer players <Me :)>. See it when they get
>it back up, they will be shifting away from FR, so it will take a while
>to phase it out.

Thats nice to hear, but "Sojourn" is waiting on homwtown to be finnish to
put some evil races in. So the reason "sojourn" doesnt have some evil
races and pkill is that the gods makeing the zone have "real lifes".

Dugmaren Brightmantle, Admin God of Toril (ex-sojourn)

Tim Devlin

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
Josh Buschbacher (jo...@efn.org) wrote:

Lets not get into a tit for tat duris vs toril crap shall we?

Who has real lives or not, has nothing to do with this.

In fact the top gods of both muds, have more or less the exact
same kind of life.

And it is always up to personal preferance as to which mud
"rocks" or not.

Kindly keep all comments like these to yourselves...both of you.

Both Kris and I will delete anyone who post crap in this news group
again if they are gods or players on our muds.

Duris and Toril are taking two different paths, and trying to compair
the two is pointless.

Tim

Scott Au

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
ja...@earth.execpc.com (Jared Leisner) wrote:

>one...@utc.campus.mci.net wrote:
>: gran...@crl.com (Shawn R Granger) wrote:

>: >John Orlando (sup...@romulus.rutgers.edu) wrote:
>: >: Logged onto Sojourn this evening to find this..

>: >: Happy mudding everyone.
>: >Yeah right! All I want to know is when ONE of them is going to be back
>: >up. I just my AC up last night FINALLY and now this!! Plus the fact
>: >that I am close to 20th which changes the game in a wonderful way. I
>: >feel bad for all those who never got to experience Sojourn in it's splender.

>: >Grunwald-Half-Elf.
>: >gran...@crl.com

>: Try 199.177.127.88 9999 its up and running with all the old
>: player-files intact. This seems to be the one most people are going
>: to.

>Duris pwiped to get a clean start. And "Sojourn" IS up, and adding more

>code. Duris is planning on adding a bunch of stuff Soj won't <I heard
>Kobolds as a PC race>. The rest of the evil races to. Duris - The Land of
>Bloodlust will rock! It's got a cast of killer gods <Gruumsh, Malar,
>Brandobaris and Labelas> and killer players <Me :)>. See it when they get
>it back up, they will be shifting away from FR, so it will take a while
>to phase it out.

>Jared Leisner
>a.k.a. Lasus Tyrn - Dawning Monk of Lathander, Sensei Eye Aeternum

Duris will rock??
It's SOOOOOO exciting when my 1st level NAKED necromancer was killed
by an invisible 40th level troll! WOW! What's your idea of
excitement?? Duris SUCKS

Tim Devlin

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Scott Au (s...@ucla.edu) wrote:
: ja...@earth.execpc.com (Jared Leisner) wrote:

: Duris will rock??

: It's SOOOOOO exciting when my 1st level NAKED necromancer was killed
: by an invisible 40th level troll! WOW! What's your idea of
: excitement?? Duris SUCKS

Are you REALLY that retarded? Duris is not even OPEN yet which it
CLEARLY stated all over the MOTD, try reading it for a change.

We let players on while Toril was down so they would have someplace to
go. The p-kill system is totally RAW there and is NOTHING like it will
be AFTER WE OPEN ---- moron.

I just love people who cant read.,

The only thing that SUCKS is you.

Gordon Brooks

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
cyt...@sojourn1.sojourn.com (Tim Devlin) wrote:

Hmm... You both have valid points, Duris isn't really UP yet, it's
just playtesting. But regardless, it isn't that fun to play because of
the pkill system on right now.
When Duris DOES open up, is there going to be a pfile wipe or
something? IF not, it seems that the fact that they are playtesting
wont matter, because the PKILL system isn't that great.. Both of you
guys need to calm down BTW. =)

cle...@mgl.ca

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
s...@ucla.edu (Scott Au) wrote:

>Duris will rock??
>It's SOOOOOO exciting when my 1st level NAKED necromancer was killed
>by an invisible 40th level troll! WOW! What's your idea of
>excitement?? Duris SUCKS

Read the MOTD there: Duris is in extreme beta, and isn't open for new
players. Pfiles are being restored there from the time of the split on
a semi-constant basis, so your first level char will be deleted
occasionaly anyways.

Duris might be a great mud in the future when it actually opens to the
public 6 months from now, but at the moment, it's a pkill mud that's
only playable by existing high-level chars, and only to slaughter each
other.

Having a first level char there is akin to taking a mid-afternoon
stroll through Bosnia, Lebanon, or South-Central LA :) You better be
prepared to walk into someone much higher level then you that will
kill you for the hell of it, or getting caught by a meteor swarm, or
other area effect spells.

Tavon: The Blackened Hand of -=Crimson Sigil=-

Tim Devlin

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
Gordon Brooks (go...@ucla.edu) wrote:

: Hmm... You both have valid points, Duris isn't really UP yet, it's

: just playtesting. But regardless, it isn't that fun to play because of
: the pkill system on right now.
: When Duris DOES open up, is there going to be a pfile wipe or
: something? IF not, it seems that the fact that they are playtesting
: wont matter, because the PKILL system isn't that great.. Both of you
: guys need to calm down BTW. =)

There is nothing to wipe...let me try to explain this again.

Duris is totally starting over there will be very little left that
looks like Sojourn in it when we are done.

We restored the p-files OF sojourn so that the Toril players would
have someplace to go to get information until their mud went back up.

Now that their mud IS back up, there once again are NO p-files on Duris
other then the god files, and some hand picked people (read 10 or so)

When we open everyone WILL start from level 1.

There will be no beta test that is open to the public. When we open
we will be all done with testing and will be fully open.

Toril players were a bit confused becuase a good many of them could not
or would not read the MOTD or board, both of which explained that p-kill
on Duris, is NOTHING like it will be when we are open.

Trying to judge it but the p-kill system that is there now, is pointless
as that WONT be the system in place when it DOES open.

All clear now?

Matthew Brown

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
In article <4k1q38$m...@saba.info.ucla.edu> s...@ucla.edu (Scott Au) writes:
>From: s...@ucla.edu (Scott Au)
>Subject: Re: Sojourn is splitting up?
>Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 00:43:01 GMT

>ja...@earth.execpc.com (Jared Leisner) wrote:

>>one...@utc.campus.mci.net wrote:
>>: gran...@crl.com (Shawn R Granger) wrote:

>>: >John Orlando (sup...@romulus.rutgers.edu) wrote:
>>: >: Logged onto Sojourn this evening to find this..

>>: >: Happy mudding everyone.
>>: >Yeah right! All I want to know is when ONE of them is going to be back
>>: >up. I just my AC up last night FINALLY and now this!! Plus the fact
>>: >that I am close to 20th which changes the game in a wonderful way. I
>>: >feel bad for all those who never got to experience Sojourn in it's splender.

>>: >Grunwald-Half-Elf.
>>: >gran...@crl.com

>>: Try 199.177.127.88 9999 its up and running with all the old
>>: player-files intact. This seems to be the one most people are going
>>: to.

>>Duris pwiped to get a clean start. And "Sojourn" IS up, and adding more
>>code. Duris is planning on adding a bunch of stuff Soj won't <I heard
>>Kobolds as a PC race>. The rest of the evil races to. Duris - The Land of
>>Bloodlust will rock! It's got a cast of killer gods <Gruumsh, Malar,
>>Brandobaris and Labelas> and killer players <Me :)>. See it when they get
>>it back up, they will be shifting away from FR, so it will take a while
>>to phase it out.

>>Jared Leisner
>>a.k.a. Lasus Tyrn - Dawning Monk of Lathander, Sensei Eye Aeternum

>Duris will rock??

>It's SOOOOOO exciting when my 1st level NAKED necromancer was killed
>by an invisible 40th level troll! WOW! What's your idea of
>excitement?? Duris SUCKS

Indeeed. As a matter of fact, I will be one of the main gods on the MUD Torum,
implementing most of the new areas on the MUD. And by the way, Lasus, I seem
to remember you killing my newbie character some time ago...maybe I can make
sure that won't happen again, eh?

Sin

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
Tim Devlin (cyt...@sojourn1.sojourn.com) wrote:

: Trying to judge it but the p-kill system that is there now, is pointless

: as that WONT be the system in place when it DOES open.

: All clear now?

Duhhh... could ya run that by me one more time please, i don't get it.

:P

Sulty

Sin.. the Sultress of Medievia s...@netcom.com
medievia.com 4000 http://www.medievia.com:8080