Fast create/save routines

1 view

Danny Brumleve

Aug 3, 1992, 11:36:04 PM8/3/92

Now that Armageddon has managed to accumulate 5000 rooms, 1000 objects,
and another 1000 or so npcs, there's quite a large delay when creating/saving
an object. This is no doubt partially due to the fact that we're currently
running on a slow machine (we'll be moving soon), but I'd like to optimize
the speed a bit more anyway. Right now I'm saving things by reading all the
data in, from whatever file, modifying it in whatever way, and frooding
it all back in. This is a rather tedious way of doing it, but I haven't
managed to think of a better one. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love
to hear it. ;-)

-Jhalavar-
(brum...@hermes.stat.uiuc.edu)