Wolfpack Hvy Spring Fever 2015 is over

Wolfpack

Apr 4, 2015, 10:36:17 AM4/4/15
The Wolfpack Common Winter Fever is over, Sleeping won.
Congratulations!

- = [ Empire Power Report ] = -
as of Tue Mar 31 00:00:26 2015

sects eff civ mil shell gun pet iron dust oil pln ship unit money
Sleeping 526 99% 365K 19K 4.9K 607 4.5K 10K 105 4.2K 203 242 92 274K
24308.58
Ugly 365 98% 293K 24K 4.6K 728 8.2K 18K 2.5K 4.2K 202 131 54 112K
18036.55
Pretty 0 0% 0 515 489 70 0 0 0 0 0 17 0 78K
327.40
WhatsUp 0 0% 0 55 67 14 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 14K
71.65
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
worldwide 891 98% 659K 43K 10K 1.4K 13K 28K 2.6K 8.4K 405 395 146 478K

Wed Apr 1 00:01:01 2015
# name tech research education happiness capital
1 Pretty 149.40 0.00 9.62 0.00 -23,19
3 WhatsUp 173.45 0.00 4.34 0.00 14,2
4 Ugly 188.34 0.00 10.04 0.00 34,28
6 Sleeping 208.66 0.00 10.08 0.00 -8,-24

Already up: Common Spring Fever 2015!

> Announcement from Ugly, (#4) dated Thu Mar 12 17:18:00 2015
I know it hard for some to believe that there is life outside
of the game. But, once in a while there is.
I was on for a little time yesterday then the outside world took over
I just logged in an saw that I had 50 messages waiting. I thought "it has begun. I have been cought unawares
again" but is was only WhatsUp and Sleeping navugating ships all over the place.

I remain ALIVE but Ugly

> Announcement from Sleeping, (#6) dated Thu Mar 12 19:50:00 2015

Actually it was more WhatsUp than me.
He kicked me off another island!

> Announcement from WhatsUp, (#3) dated Fri Mar 13 18:45:13 2015
Don't know about you two that are concerned about
your looks, but Sleeping and myself are having fun.

> Announcement from WhatsUp, (#3) dated Fri Mar 13 23:42:25 2015
Anyone else a connosieur of single malt whiskey?
My overall favorite....Highland park 30yr. The very best.

Enjoying some BenRiach Marsala 16 yr 56% proof tonight.

> Announcement from Ugly, (#4) dated Sat Mar 14 00:23:02 2015
Never acquired a taste for scotsch.
Canadian Crow Royal is another story

> Announcement from Sleeping, (#6) dated Sat Mar 14 01:35:35 2015
Well, at least, this time WhatsUp
attempt to remove me from another island
didn't work.

Won the batle, losing the war?

> Announcement from WhatsUp, (#3) dated Sat Mar 14 01:45:03 2015
No...You win the war this time. Unless i get some help.
hint....

> Announcement from WhatsUp, (#3) dated Sat Mar 28 00:18:47 2015
Good Job Sleeping for the top spot and Ugly for
your 2nd alive spot. Maybe next game.

Anyway, good fun defending against the onslaught.

WhatsUp aka Thistle

> Announcement from Ugly, (#4) dated Mon Mar 30 00:18:20 2015

I would put forward Sleeping as the winner of this game.

I have been against him several times
and he always dispatched me rather easily.

I as curious to see how hle would do agaik s

aginst WhatsUp a well respected player from the past (Thistle)
Sleeping won again.
I finally attacked Pretty
he had 8 forts and two airfields on his homeland with about 100 planes

On an adjacent 10 sector island he had another airfield and fort.
Had he been actively defending his home, It would have been a real challenge.
As it was once his 'w' was take, his defenders did not get resupplied.

Thank you all for plalying.

I remain Ugly

> Announcement from Sleeping, (#6) dated Mon Mar 30 07:31:55 2015

I think if WhatsUp had broken sanctuary with us, instead of an
update late the outcome would've been entirely different.

He caught me in the beginning with a surprise attack on 3 of
my islands. I was busy with some real-life engagements in the
beginning so was not on at the updates. Plus he had begun
producing guns/shells/land units an update before I did.
So in beginning, I did as best I could to just keep him at bay.
Attacking his southern island was actually a means of diverting
his focus to the south. He was surprised by the attack, and
I really was no way near his southern islands, but I wanted him
to shift his focus there. Of course as soon as he did, he
kicked me off the island quite easily. But by that time, I had
more guns/shells so was more comfortable. Plus it allowed me
to continue exploring, which, at the end helped with the finances.
We had a few more clashes on a couple of my newly-explored
islands, but luckily I was able to keep those islands.

After that, I think my additional civs started paying dividends.
Once I was able to bring in the bigger planes and jets into our
skirmishes, I was able to breach his islands and WhatsUp
capitulated.

Still great game by WhatsUp!

Ugly did a great job in exploring. He took a big lead
early on grabbing a lot of sectors. I think in the beginning,
at one point, he was 25 sectors out in front. He seemed to
go slow for a short period there which allowed me to catch up
with him and then overtake him.

Pretty is still trying to get adjusted to the new version
of Empire. I'm sure he will catch on quickly and these games
will only help him as part of the process.

I like the Heavy concept where the advantage you gain by exploring
is limited largely to civs only. The additional oil on the islands
is pretty much negligible in the beginning. This meant that each
country has essentially the same amount of resources each turn,
which, for me, means a more level playing field. Resource

> Announcement from Sleeping, (#6) dated Mon Mar 30 07:32:03 2015
utilization becomes more important. And, of course, a greater
impetus to take another country over to demonstrate superiority.

Hanuman:
Great job with the world setup!

Having a few small and a some "relatively" large islands
is much better than having just a bunch of small islands.
Made for some interesting battles. Though I ended up losing
most of the islands where we battled, I think the concept
is better. Earlier, with smaller islands, you take one sector,
bring in a couple of CS with infantry and the entire island
was yours.

Maybe consider making heavy 45 days and the common series 45 days?

> Announcement from WhatsUp, (#3) dated Mon Mar 30 19:36:50 2015
Sleeping, you played a great game. Will be fun
any future games we may meet. Congrats on your win.