Small House on Europa

1 view

Vintage Computers

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99

Eric A. Hall

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=204273497

I hope you get sued when the house gets deleted. Really.

Richard Cortese

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
IceLady <Ice...@BellSouth.net> wrote in message
> Ya, in an ILIGAL location. Just one MORE example of an exploiter
> that OSI is not doing anything about.
Kind of a pisser ain't it?

Kind of not surprising that a cheater in UO is trying to cheat people in
real life?

Most of the PKs in the group should bookmark that page for when they say the
real scum in the game are all high karma. This guy is "The Illustrious",
kind of proves their point.

Quaestor

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
IceLady wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:16:59 -0000, "Vintage Computers"
> <vintage....@virgin.net> wrote:
>
> >For sale on eBay

> Ya, in an ILIGAL location. Just one MORE example of an exploiter

> that OSI is not doing anything about.

What's illegal? ebay or europa?

Quaestor

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
Richard Cortese wrote:

> Kind of a pisser ain't it?
>
> Kind of not surprising that a cheater in UO is trying to cheat people in
> real life?

At least if he sells something like this it May open the door (well it might) to
criminal action for fraud.

> Most of the PKs in the group should bookmark that page for when they say the
> real scum in the game are all high karma. This guy is "The Illustrious",
> kind of proves their point.

Like I've said before, it seems just possible to get to Famed (my Corvus on
chessy did) by fighting monsters. Anything beyond that is indicative of a fame
whore.

Richard Cortese

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae> wrote in message

> Richard Cortese wrote:
>
> > Kind of a pisser ain't it?
> >
> > Kind of not surprising that a cheater in UO is trying to cheat people in
> > real life?
>
> At least if he sells something like this it May open the door (well it
might) to
> criminal action for fraud.
Just my op, but because of the negative publicity it would create, I look
for OSI to do something that would really compromise their integrity<cough!>
in order to skirt the situation.

They will put in some half assed "These houses can not be transferred, but
get first choice of spot in the new housing area" or some other pansy assed
equivocation.

I mean the "We will give you 20,000 gold for your tents, but you are losing
your tent" days seem to be over with since the MMPOG market expanded to two.

> > Most of the PKs in the group should bookmark that page for when they say
the
> > real scum in the game are all high karma. This guy is "The Illustrious",
> > kind of proves their point.
>
> Like I've said before, it seems just possible to get to Famed (my Corvus
on
> chessy did) by fighting monsters. Anything beyond that is indicative of a
fame
> whore.

I think you can make Illustrious two ways. Deamons and Dragons in Wind, and
out and out exploiting monster AI in the lich pit. I have been all over t2a,
but I have never really paid attention to the messages so I have no idea
which ones are fame mines. I do like them stone harpies for loot though.

I have made Illustrious in Wind several times, but I always lose it to a
combination of lost connections and lost fights.

Usually I look at the title and skill. If I see Illustrious/Adept Mage =>
lich pit for sure, and merely question everything else.

Eric A. Hall

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99

> I think you can make Illustrious two ways. Deamons and Dragons in
> Wind, and out and out exploiting monster AI in the lich pit. I have
> been all over t2a, but I have never really paid attention to the
> messages so I have no idea which ones are fame mines.

Titans, Terathon Matriarchs and Avengers, Ophidian Matriarchs and Knight
Errants, Silver Serpents and a couple of other things will take you into
the Lord territory.

Quaestor

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
Richard Cortese wrote:

> They will put in some half assed "These houses can not be transferred, but
> get first choice of spot in the new housing area" or some other pansy assed
> equivocation.

In other words, we need to all place as many houses as we can, by any means.
It's the smart play. And people still wonder where does all the cheating come
from. It comes from OSI.

Quaestor

Nov 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/21/99
"Eric A. Hall" wrote:

So can dragons, drakes, wyrms, etc. And you can FireField them, Poison them,
Provoke them, fight them with dragons, even BS them, but you cannot BS me,
these critters cannot be meleed, and the best archer would take hundreds of
arrows to bring one down.

Jeroen

Nov 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/22/99
Heh, i've seen faaaaaaar more illigally placed ones on europa..
Large swamp area in the west near a dungeon (dunno exactly)

Towers, 2 story's, houses placed half in swamps..
A whole row.., all almost empty..

--

Greetings,

Jeroen (The MAG, Europa)

Also visit my guild page at:
http://here.at/fod

Wes

Nov 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/22/99
>Like I've said before, it seems just possible to get to Famed (my Corvus on
>chessy did) by fighting monsters. Anything beyond that is indicative of a
>fame
>whore.

WTF are you talking about? What is the difference if I poison/combo a
lich lord for fame or if you melee an ettin. Why is your melee classified
as "fighting", but my magery isn't? There are 2 different play styles and
one is just as valid as the other. Take Diablo for instance, a warrior
has to walk up and whack a monster to kill it, but a wizard character
only has to cast a spell. Wizard/Mage characters are always more
powerful then a warrior type. That holds true for every game almost.
Stop whining and deal.
.../Baja

Wes

Nov 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/22/99
>So you dont exploit the AI to do this then - like casting behind a
>barrier, or anything like that?

A#1: What's the difference if you can just cast para?

A#2: Using the geography to your advantage is not exploiting.
Using the same Diablo example half of the walls were made out
of bars SPECIFICALLY for rogues to be able to shoot arrows
through and mages to cast though without having to worry about
being attacked. This isn't exploiting, the MANUAL if told you
to do so under the hints section.

>In Diablo, warriors could kill any monster in the game.

Yes, but Mages were more powerful as they could clear out a
whole room in a fraction of the time. Also, a Warrior needed at
least enough magery to cast stone curse on tougher mosters
or they would have no chance of beating them.

.../Baja

Wes

Nov 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/22/99
>This is UO - here it's considered to be an exploit, albeit an
>extremely common one. You may also have noticed Diablo deliberately
>_didnt_ have these 'helpers' in later levels.

They had them on every level. Early on was the bars, Caves had the
wooden gates, Hell even had them via barrels that blocked whole
hallways and rooms off. Musta been a while since you played. Also,
who is to say "Oh, it's not an exploit on levels 1-5, but at level 6-10
it is an exploit!" Gimmie a damn break.

>Didnt need it myself, at normal level anyway. And of course, the
>warrior in UO can use the same spells as you to kill monsters in that
>way as well, because many of them are quite low level - but it would
>still simply be exploiting monster AI.

Exploiting monster AI IS casting EV on a ledge while a lich lord cannot
fight back. Exploiting monster AI is NOT casting EV on a hill where
the lich lord can easily fight the EV and dispell it if he chooses to.

If what you are saying was exploiting then ANYONE with ANY high
skill in archery would be an exploiter since they only to gain is from
hitting high HP targets from a hill or other safe location.

"Attacking monsters from a boat is exploiting!!!"

OMG, gimmie a break!!!

.../Baja

Otara

Otara

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
On 22 Nov 1999 21:19:14 GMT, wes...@aol.comNOSPAM (Wes) wrote:

>>So you dont exploit the AI to do this then - like casting behind a
>>barrier, or anything like that?
>>

>A#1: What's the difference if you can just cast para?

Money, time, danger. Lag is a much more serious risk for instance.

>A#2: Using the geography to your advantage is not exploiting.
>Using the same Diablo example half of the walls were made out
>of bars SPECIFICALLY for rogues to be able to shoot arrows
>through and mages to cast though without having to worry about
>being attacked. This isn't exploiting, the MANUAL if told you
>to do so under the hints section.

This is UO - here it's considered to be an exploit, albeit an

extremely common one. You may also have noticed Diablo deliberately
_didnt_ have these 'helpers' in later levels.

>>In Diablo, warriors could kill any monster in the game.
>

>Yes, but Mages were more powerful as they could clear out a
>whole room in a fraction of the time. Also, a Warrior needed at
>least enough magery to cast stone curse on tougher mosters
>or they would have no chance of beating them.

Didnt need it myself, at normal level anyway. And of course, the

warrior in UO can use the same spells as you to kill monsters in that
way as well, because many of them are quite low level - but it would
still simply be exploiting monster AI.

Otara

Otara

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
On 22 Nov 1999 22:16:01 GMT, wes...@aol.comNOSPAM (Wes) wrote:

>>This is UO - here it's considered to be an exploit, albeit an
>>extremely common one. You may also have noticed Diablo deliberately
>>_didnt_ have these 'helpers' in later levels.
>

>They had them on every level. Early on was the bars, Caves had the
>wooden gates, Hell even had them via barrels that blocked whole
>hallways and rooms off. Musta been a while since you played. Also,
>who is to say "Oh, it's not an exploit on levels 1-5, but at level 6-10
>it is an exploit!" Gimmie a damn break.

I might have the details wrong, but from memory it had more and more
open spaces with lots of monsters in it as the game went on, offering
less easy ways to use obstacles than on earlier levels. The monsters
also had more and more powerful missile attacks as the game went on as
well. UO needs more groups of missile firing creatures IMO.

And of course, as I said, this is UO, not Diablo.

>>Didnt need it myself, at normal level anyway. And of course, the
>>warrior in UO can use the same spells as you to kill monsters in that
>>way as well, because many of them are quite low level - but it would
>>still simply be exploiting monster AI.
>

>Exploiting monster AI IS casting EV on a ledge while a lich lord cannot
>fight back. Exploiting monster AI is NOT casting EV on a hill where
>the lich lord can easily fight the EV and dispell it if he chooses to.

If you're hiding behind a wall or obstacle, its just a variation on a
theme AFAIAC.

>If what you are saying was exploiting then ANYONE with ANY high
>skill in archery would be an exploiter since they only to gain is from
>hitting high HP targets from a hill or other safe location.

Actually its not. Its just the easy way.

>"Attacking monsters from a boat is exploiting!!!"
>
>OMG, gimmie a break!!!

A powerful argument, but I am nonetheless unswayed.

Otara

Meldur

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:32:31 -0800, Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae>
wrote:

Me and my guildmates MELEE terathan matriarchs,terathan avengers and
ophidian matriarchs nearly every day.With high anatomy and healing
skill there is no problem,when healing each other.
Oh, and you can melee lichlords in Deceit too!

Meldur,CD,Dfels,Skara

Eric A. Hall

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99

> Me and my guildmates MELEE terathan matriarchs,terathan avengers and
> ophidian matriarchs nearly every day.

Melee with the matriarchs is pretty easy once you've drained their
magery. Even my battle mage has done it, wearing only studded leather.
There's no way I'd melee a terathon avenger with him tho... he'd be dead
fast.