How do you make exploding chests?

1 view

clabaugh

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

I figure you need to start with a tinker character but do you need purple
potions to trap them, erc, etc. Thanks in advance!

Spatch

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Use plastique instead of silicone.

Spatch

Houston Dragon

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Spatch wrote:

> Use plastique instead of silicone.
>
> Spatch

LOL

Um.... somehow, I don't think that was quite what
he meant...

--
1st Lt. John 'FireBird' Hosie - TCS Midway,
Wolfpack squadron leader

<Start UDIC Code>
d++++ e N++ T-- Om+++ U4!5!6!7'!L!S'!8! u++ uC++++
uF uG++++ uLB uA++ nC++++ nR- nH+++
nP++ nI++ nPT++++ nS++++ nT++++ wM+++ wC++ wS+++
wI wN++ x++? a22
<End UDIC Code>

Joe Kennedy

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

You need to be a tinker, and have purple potion and 1 ingot in your
backpack.

You can also play around with the dart trap to see how it works.

Joe Kennedy

Darren McDonald

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

You must have a fair tinkering skill. Use carpentry on logs or boards
(15 per chest), select the miscellaneous group (chest) and then the
chest.
"Create where", click on a blank space of ground. If your tinkering
skill is adequate, you receive the message "..to make the chest
lockable." The key is inside the chest. TAKE THE KEY OUT!

To trap you must have one ingot, tinkering tools and the item specific
to the trap: purple potion (explosion), green potion (poison gas) or
crossbow bolt (dart trap).
Tinker on the ingot, select the trap and select the chest. "You
carefully place a trap on the chest." DO NOT OPEN IT! Use the key on the
chest to lock it. Use the key on it again to unlock it AND temporarily
disarm the chest. Now it is safe to open, use or give to someone.

From Darius, the experienced-at-killing-himself tinker.

clabaugh wrote:

> I figure you need to start with a tinker character but do you need purple
> potions to trap them, erc, etc. Thanks in advance!

--
Darren McDonald
Lord Darius the tinker/carpenter of Minoc, Baja
<Hobbit Dragon> http://www.dhc.net/~avatar