Where is GL v.98 ??

1 view

Marc B.

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the "Zoom In / Sniper" function working in GL Quake. I
was told that the FOV command that's needed only works in version .98
but I'm running .97

I've scoured the internet for a couple of hours trying to find GL v.98
but can't find it, does it even exist??

If someone could post the link for this download I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Marc B.

Shaggy

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 18:42:07 -0800, "Marc B." <Marc...@Pacifier.com>
wrote:

try asking in 3dfx.games.glquake

Marc B.

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

Shaggy wrote:

> try asking in 3dfx.games.glquake

I was on that group till a couple of weeks ago, 3dFx shut it down.

Marc b.

Marc B.

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
OOPPS, Guess I was wrong......it's still up.

Marc B.

Shaggy

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:08:30 -0800, "Marc B." <Marc...@Pacifier.com>
wrote:

>Shaggy wrote:
>
>> try asking in 3dfx.games.glquake
>
>I was on that group till a couple of weeks ago, 3dFx shut it down.
>
> Marc b.

err i don't think they can
3dfx can only remove it from there own servers

Marc B.

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
That's what I meant. They will remove it from there server on Feb 15th.
Won't that end the News Group too??

Marc B.

LBianch586

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

Marc B.

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,

Marc B.

Shaggy

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 02:54:21 -0800, "Marc B." <Marc...@Pacifier.com>
wrote:

>That's what I meant. They will remove it from there server on Feb 15th.

>Won't that end the News Group too??
>
> Marc B.
>====================================================================================

it depends where your getting 3dfx.games.glquake from
if your going to 3dfx to read it will not be there
if your getting your news feed from your ISP it'll still be there
unless your ISP also chooses to delete it from their news sever
and every other ISP also chooses to delete it will still exist.
so all 3dfx are doing is removing themselves from the loop

3dfx can't remove it from all the news servers all around the world
only there own sever

feb 15th today USA time and posts are still arriving on my ISPs new
server