anyone miss me ?

Ted Peterson

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?

Ernie Dunbar

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
Ted Peterson (mer...@accessorl.net) wrote:
: Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?

Oh! Hi merlock! We were just talking about you!

---
Defeating a computer in battle has *no* honour.

Rob Sanheim

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
On 7 Nov 1995 00:55:48 GMT, mer...@accessorl.net (Ted Peterson)
wrote:

>Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?

Heh, at least your not an AOLer anymore 'Ted' (that sounds weird). :)
Now we can respect you more. Did you realize being able to create
mulitple aliases was AOL's only advantage? :)
Rob
aka Berserker

Stephen Heaslip

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
mer...@accessorl.net (Ted Peterson) apparently wrote:

>Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?

hehehehe this merlock guy sucks at pong...i just spanked him
102-39...am uploading lmp to cd.rom.com...any of you fuckers wanna get
his dick slapped at pong just email me fuckers...hehehe.

--
blue (Steve Heaslip)

"He who does not bellow the truth when he knows the truth
makes himself the accomplice of liars and forgers."
-Charles Peguy

Ted Peterson

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
In article <47s3uv$8...@daily-planet.execpc.com>,

rob...@execpc.com (Rob Sanheim) wrote:
>On 7 Nov 1995 00:55:48 GMT, mer...@accessorl.net (Ted Peterson)
>wrote:
>
>>Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?
>
>Heh, at least your not an AOLer anymore 'Ted' (that sounds weird). :)
>Now we can respect you more. Did you realize being able to create
>mulitple aliases was AOL's only advantage? :)
>Rob
>aka Berserker

Heheheheh....you got that right..but it's no real advantage if you want to get
anywhere on irc, etc. :)
Yea, the internet is so awesome...so many things to do on here...although I'll
miss those guides :)

hahaha

ted

S. Widlake

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
In article <47t7hv$a...@news1.panix.com>
shea...@panix.com (Stephen Heaslip) writes:

>mer...@accessorl.net (Ted Peterson) apparently wrote:

>>Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?

>hehehehe this merlock guy sucks at pong...i just spanked him

>102-39...am uploading lmp to cd.rom.com...any of you fuckers wanna get
>his dick slapped at pong just email me fuckers...hehehe.

>blue (Steve Heaslip)

I think you're getting "them" mixed up here.

Anyway, read what Macca has to say about that merlock guy ;-)

S.

Bill McClendon

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
In <47t7hv$a...@news1.panix.com> shea...@panix.com (Stephen Heaslip)
writes:

>hehehehe this merlock guy sucks at pong...i just spanked him

>102-39...am uploading lmp to cd.rom.com...any of you fuckers wanna get
>his dick slapped at pong just email me fuckers...hehehe.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahaahhahaaha :')

Uhhh, that's "bitch slapped", Steve. And thanks for giving
me a great laugh on an otherwise-drab Thursday. :D

-- Bill
SDAPOI

<godDAMN that was funny>

The Dweller in the Cellar

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
> mer...@accessorl.net (Merlock --T. Peterson) writes:
> In article <47t7hv$a...@news1.panix.com>,

> shea...@panix.com (Stephen Heaslip) wrote:
> >mer...@accessorl.net (Ted Peterson) apparently wrote:
> >
> >>Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?
> >
> >hehehehe this merlock guy sucks at pong...i just spanked him
> >102-39...am uploading lmp to cd.rom.com...any of you fuckers wanna get
> >his dick slapped at pong just email me fuckers...hehehe.
> >
> Hey man...next time I'm gonna use my right hand too...no more handicaps !
>
> Merlock :)

Give up, Merly! I whomped on you 50 to -2 that last time we played, and
next time I'm not gonna have my hands tied behind my back!!!!!! No mercy
to the only guy in the world that can frag himself twice at Pong!!!!!!!!!

-The Dweller, THE... _P O N G _ G O D _

S. Widlake

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95
In article <48154d$9...@news.accessorl.net>
mer...@accessorl.net (Merlock --T. Peterson) writes:

>s.wi...@rl.ac.uk (S. Widlake) wrote:

>>shea...@panix.com (Stephen Heaslip) writes:

>>>hehehehe this merlock guy sucks at pong...i just spanked him
>>>102-39...am uploading lmp to cd.rom.com...any of you fuckers wanna get
>>>his dick slapped at pong just email me fuckers...hehehe.
>>

>>I think you're getting "them" mixed up here.
>>Anyway, read what Macca has to say about that merlock guy ;-)

>And what was that ?
>merlock

David McCandless
aka Macca,

wrote :-

N.B. I was one of the UK players.

... A guy called Thresh won, and a nob called Merlock
didn't (despite two byes into the semifinals).

p.p.s All the competitors I talked to were cool and friendly. Bar Merlock
who was an arrogant dickhead. Great moment: Merlock looses semi-final and
kicks his Windows-compatible chair over.

This is me now...

- Well you asked for it.

Anyway the .UK champ was an arsehole too and Macca did such a terrific
job of "organising" the .UK part of the tourney (and giving himself an
automatic bye to Seattle and then lost in the first round) he's hardly
qualified to comment.

And he doesn't answer his email even though he asked "us" to email him

And he lies... "Full review in the next issue" - Nope, not there

It looks like being (or at least claiming to be) REALLY good at DooM
is a HUGE character flaw...
;-)

S.;-) "I can do E1M8 on NightMare! and you lot CAN'T !!"

Joe Wilcox

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95
mer...@accessorl.net (Ted Peterson) wrote:

>Hey guys...what's up...anyone for some pong ?

No... but maybe some C&C...

I GOT A PRESENT FOR YA...

Adam Williamson

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95
In article <s.widlake.1...@rl.ac.uk>
s.wi...@rl.ac.uk "S. Widlake" writes:

> Anyway the .UK champ was an arsehole too and Macca did such a terrific
> job of "organising" the .UK part of the tourney (and giving himself an
> automatic bye to Seattle and then lost in the first round) he's hardly
> qualified to comment.

That would be Loki. Yeah, he's an arrogant bastard.
--
Adam Williamson

David Mccandless P

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95

> Anyway the .UK champ was an arsehole too

Er, hello? Ever met him?

> and Macca did such a terrific
> job of "organising" the .UK part of the tourney (and giving himself an
> automatic bye to Seattle and then lost in the first round) he's hardly
> qualified to comment.

Mr Widlake, you really are a sorry pain in the arse. I did a fine job of
organising the UK part of the tourney, as anyone who attended the heats
will testify (bar Oxford, which was a bit messy due to reason I have
explained to you). And I did not give myself a bye to Seattle. GT
Interactive did, as they recognised my 'talent'.

> And he doesn't answer his email even though he asked "us" to email him

And I'm deeply sorry that I didn't get the chance to reply to you.

> And he lies... "Full review in the next issue" - Nope, not there

Again, I apologise. I am deeply sorry.

> It looks like being (or at least claiming to be) REALLY good at DooM
> is a HUGE character flaw...

You really are just being picky now aren't you?

;-)

> S.;-) "I can do E1M8 on NightMare! and you lot CAN'T !!"

Gosh. Can you?

Stuart Cotterrell

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95

> That would be Loki. Yeah, he's an arrogant bastard.
> --
> Adam Williamson

Hey Adam you are obviously way behind on the UK deathmatch scene m8,cos Cranium was the UK
champ (he beat LOKI in the final)
And as you know i`m a good friend of LOKI and to say hes an arrogant bastard is well off the
mark :(
I mean people could call you an oppinionated twat but as i know your not a bad guy at all.
Anyway when you gonna play me next,maybe you could try and get more than half my frags for a
change ;))))

Jestfully....OSIRIS!

Stuart Cotterrell---"OSIRIS"
osiris1.demon.co.uk
Sysop of Pharaohs Curse BBS
(+44)01432 271638 (UK no.)

Adam Williamson

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
Ah, Cranium, sorry. I thought it was Loki.
--
Adam Williamson

Adam Williamson

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
Don't like Loki. God knows why. He always rubs it in when he beats me <sniffle>
--
Adam Williamson

Merlock {Ted Peterson}

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
In article <486622$5...@news1.netzone.com>,
hahahah I LOVE THAT GAME !! THANKS FOR THE HINTS !! *grin*

Merly

HAHHAH THAT WAS LEFT HANDED !!

Merlock {Ted Peterson}

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
In article <DI0CL...@cix.compulink.co.uk>,

Dude...you need to chill out if you want to.....awww screw it...you want to be
a dork to these people...then have fun with your rep :)

Merly

S. Widlake

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
In article <48bbnj$k...@news.accessorl.net> mer...@accessorl.net (Merlock {Ted Peterson}) writes:
>From: mer...@accessorl.net (Merlock {Ted Peterson})
>Subject: Re: anyone miss me ?
>Date: 15 Nov 1995 00:20:03 GMT

[ Chomp! ]

>Dude...you need to chill out if you want to.....awww screw it...you want to be
>a dork to these people...then have fun with your rep :)

>Merly

Huh, can somebody provide a translation please...

- Now I'm getting "them" mixed up ;-)

S.

Adam Williamson

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
The thing about the 1.666 is that a lot of the people in the UK have that
version. It's the standard on *every* multiplay BBS over here.
--
Adam Williamson

Doug Bora

Nov 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/17/95
Adam Williamson (Ad...@scss.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: The thing about the 1.666 is that a lot of the people in the UK have that

: version. It's the standard on *every* multiplay BBS over here.

Why would the version that allows cheating be the standard? You guys
gotta catch up to progress. I mean, how long has 1.9 been out? All the
game servers in my area have been using 1.9 for quite some time. All it
takes is a message from the SysOp or whatever asking everyone to switch,
and providing the necessary path files. Most people will, and the rest
will follow when they get tired of playing the same couple of people who
haven't. :-)

--

Doug Bora
stig...@interaccess.com

Adam Williamson

Nov 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/18/95
In article <48iq2h$j...@nntp.interaccess.com>
stig...@interaccess.com "Doug Bora" writes:

> Adam Williamson (Ad...@scss.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> : The thing about the 1.666 is that a lot of the people in the UK have that
> : version. It's the standard on *every* multiplay BBS over here.
>
> Why would the version that allows cheating be the standard? You guys

I don't really know, to be honest - the servers have the patch and
everything, but everyone plays 1.666. And Map 1 is played in 99% of the
games, so it can't really be because of the cheat. The reason _I_ use 1.666
is 'cos I don't have the HD space to upgrade :(

--
---

Adam Williamson, D1M - ad...@scss.demon.co.uk
Terminal Velocity and Wolfenstein 3D FAQ writer
for more details on either FAQ, e-mail me
"There's nothing left for you to say,
soon you'll be dead anyway" - Green Day

Loki

Nov 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/19/95
The reason that everyone in the UK uses v1.666 is that 1.9 is slower,
also there was a problem originally upgrading from v1.666 to v1.7/1.7a so
no one bothered and since then no one can be bothered to goto v1.9. V1.9
might have a few extra bits but 1.666 still plays the best (btw I have
tried to get people to upgrade but no one wants too) Loki.....

Loki

Nov 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/19/95
Hey dude not everyone who's good at Doom has a major character flaw. Loki
8^)<--<

Merlock {Ted Peterson}

Nov 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/21/95
In article <48ltlr$m...@dub-news-svc-6.compuserve.com>,

Loki <100624,661> wrote:
>Hey dude not everyone who's good at Doom has a major character flaw. Loki
>8^)<--<

Really ?? So I guess you and I are lucky, huh ?

Ernie Dunbar

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
Adam Williamson (Ad...@scss.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: I don't really know, to be honest - the servers have the patch and

: everything, but everyone plays 1.666. And Map 1 is played in 99% of the
: games, so it can't really be because of the cheat. The reason _I_ use 1.666
: is 'cos I don't have the HD space to upgrade :(

WOT!?!? No hard drive space to upgrade? Blasphemy! You can always find
space for Doom! (windows? Who needs it! ;D )

Loki

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
Look like it then dude ;)

Loki

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
Looks like it then dude ;)

Lincoln Yeoh

Nov 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/23/95
gr...@vortex.netbistro.com (Ernie Dunbar) wrote:

>WOT!?!? No hard drive space to upgrade? Blasphemy! You can always find
>space for Doom! (windows? Who needs it! ;D )

Windows? What's that? I thought the best OS was DOS4GW?
Full 32bit support with excellent multitasking...

Okay maybe DOOM OS is better.

<grin>.