UK DEATHMATCH 95 - FINAL RESULTS

David Mccandless P

Oct 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/23/95
Well, what an unbelievable showcase of Doom talents today was and a
surprise winner.

Here's a quick breakdown - buy December PC ZONE for the full write-up

The eight finalists:

Andre Sverre Kvernmo (Cranium)
Andrew Bell (Cenobite) KEYBOARD PLAYER!!!!
John Ripley (Piano)
Brian Dawe (Loki)
Danny Lancashire (DLancs)
Greg Hine (Acoma)
Andrew Pang (Mulder)
Tristan Hanlon (Woof)

and your referee...David McCandless (Macca)

FORMAT
CIXen doomers will be pleased to know we utilised SEMFINAL.WAD as a
replacement for the popular Doom 2, level 1, and SEATTLE.WAD (an adapted
Doom1, level 1 by Zebulon). Each round consisted of two games on each
wad, plus an 'adjuster' game on various unseen wads chosen by the referee.

ROUND ONE
All four player games: SEMFINAL.WAD to 50 frags, SEATTLE.WAD to 30
frags,. and a wad called DM2NIN.WAD to 20 as the adjuster.

1st/50 2nd/30 Adjuster/20 Result
Brian 50 30 17 97/100
Andrew P 43 30 20 93/100
Danny 50 27 14 91/100
Andre 37 28 20 85/100
Greg 37 28 16 81/100
Tristan 39 28 14 81/100
John 39 25 10 74/100
Andrew B 37 18 15 70/100

Sadly John and Andrew B were knocked out after the first round.

ROUND TWO
All three player games: SEMFINAL to 50, SEATTLE.WAD to 30, and IDMAP01 to
10 and Heretic Level 1 to 10 as adjusters.

1st/50 2nd/30 Adjuster/20 Result
Andrew P 50 29 17 96/100
Brian 50 29 15 94/100
Andre 47 30 14 91/100
Tristan 46 30 7 83/100
Danny 42 24 11 77/100
Greg 32 23 16 71/100

Again sadly we lost Danny and Greg in this round.

ROUND THREE
A round of 6 two players games on SEMFINAL.WAD to 20 frags plus a four
player adjuster on Doom2, level 7 (the most unbelievable match you have
ever seen - sadly unrecorded).

Andre v Andrew P 20-09
Brian v Tristan 20-16
Brian v Andre 20-19
Tristan v Andrew P 20-15
Andrew P v Brian 20-18
Andre v Tristan 20-19

As you can see, absolutely no pattern whatsoever.

1st 2nd 3rd Adjuster/50 Result
Brian 20 20 18 45 103/110
Andre 20 19 20 43 102/110
Tristan 16 20 19 42 97/110
Andrew P 09 15 20 50 94/110

Tristan and Andrew P exit stage left.

ROUND FOUR
And then in basically an very horrible sudden death final the two
finalists played SEMFINAL.WAD to 30 frags, and SEATTLE.WAD to 20.

RESULTS
GAME 1: Andre 30 Brian 24
GAME 2: Andre 20 Brian 19

Andre wins 50 to 43 and is declared official ID UK DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
1995

No-one, but no-one, really expected the dark horse Andre to win the
championship. Most bets were on Brian although sterling performances from
Andrew Pang (Mulder) and Tristan (Woof) meant no one could predict the
results right until the end.

Andre, ironically enough, is also the only European WAD maker to have
four of his levels featured on the forthcoming DOOM II: MASTERS LEVELS ID
release next month (November).

Andre will accompany Macca to the finals in Seattle next week.

Thanks to everyone who took part in Deathmatch 95. The quality of play
was absolutely stunning. Unfortunately THERE ARE NO LMPS of the final
because we were rushed and all the players were being real premadonnas
about their mouse setup (understandably) so we ran out of time.

Cheers
David McCandless
22nd October 1995