Is Sargon IV System 7 compatible?

Bertrand Limoges

Oct 27, 1992, 1:42:49 PM10/27/92
The subject says it all. I'd like to find a decent chess program that
will run under System 7 (in 32 bit mode preferably) on the Mac.

Thanks, Bertrand Limoges

Jeff Lesser

Oct 27, 1992, 9:45:27 PM10/27/92
blim...@sobeco.com (Bertrand Limoges) writes:

>Thanks, Bertrand Limoges

Sargon IV is System 7 compatible, but it won't run on Macs that have
built-in video support (e.g., IIci or IIsi), even if you install and
use a Nubus-based video card and bypass the built-in video.

It's a real shame that all of the best chess programs are on the PC
rather than the Mac. (E.g., MChess, Rex Chess, Zarkov, KnightStalker,
ChessMaster 3000, Socrates, the Chess Machine, etc.) By "best", I mean
strongest; many of these programs have abysmal human interfaces.

Warren Apel

Oct 28, 1992, 11:33:16 AM10/28/92
Which Mac-based chess programs are compatible with Powerbook 170 running
System 7?
Thanks in advance.