Chess Genius

Ray Helie

Jun 7, 1993, 6:11:16 PM6/7/93
Does anyone know where I can order Chess Genius from (address or
telephone number would be great), and roughly how much it sells for?

Also, if anyone who already has the program would care to comment
(good or bad) on it, I'd like to hear what you think of it. I
take it CG is one of the current best chess-playing software
packages for IBM compatables that you can /buy/ .. is that correct?
Or is there a better one out there for sale?

Thanks in advance for any info! 8-)

Ray
Ray Helie 8-) University Of Delaware
[he...@bach.udel.edu] Newark, DE

Roy Eassa

Jun 8, 1993, 9:25:36 AM6/8/93
he...@bach.udel.edu (Ray Helie) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can order Chess Genius from (address or
>telephone number would be great), and roughly how much it sells for?

>Also, if anyone who already has the program would care to comment
>(good or bad) on it, I'd like to hear what you think of it. I
>take it CG is one of the current best chess-playing software
>packages for IBM compatables that you can /buy/ .. is that correct?
>Or is there a better one out there for sale?

One source is ICD at 800-645-4710.

I have Chess Genius. On my 486-66DX2, it is simply the strongest chess
program, by a wide margin, at the faster clock rates (e.g., 10 or 15
seconds per move averate). Its VGA display is reasonably attractive, and
except for its file save/open (you have to memorize cryptic filenames),
its user interface is quite serviceable.

In fast games against all the other top programs, Chess Genius has totally
dominated. It has the best combination of tactical mastery and positional
grasp I've ever encountered in a chess computer (with Fritz2 a close
second tactically and MChess Pro a strong positional contender).

Good luck,
Roy Eassa