KnightStalker Demo

Benjamin Lin

Dec 28, 1992, 7:53:36 PM12/28/92
I ftp'd the KnightStalker Demo from valkyries.andrew.cmu.edu
and it works well. In the chess base demo, you cannot change
databases, but apparently you can in knightstalker. Does that
mean that I can get .cbf files from Chess Base and use KSdemo to
play over the games w/o having to actually buy KS? Perhaps the
demo is only able to load the demo databases and will not be
compatible with actual databases used for Chess Base??? Also,
is there a way to convert ascii games into .cbf format w/o
using Chess Base?

-benoni

Jeff Lesser

Dec 28, 1992, 9:23:37 PM12/28/92
li...@ucs.orst.edu (Benjamin Lin) writes:

>-benoni

Is this the demo for the old KnightStalker or the new Fritz II, which
replaces it?

John Pope

Dec 29, 1992, 1:02:34 PM12/29/92
(Benjamin Lin) writes:
> Also, is there a way to convert ascii games into .cbf format w/o
> using Chess Base?

Yes - in fact the Chessbase program itself does not do this
conversion. John Nunn's ASCII ChessReader utility does, but
costs $60 (it's available from the Chessbase people).

--
John Pope
po...@kpc.com