K vs K postings.

John Segers

Dec 7, 1990, 1:21:56 PM12/7/90
If anyone knows the current score or results of the K vs K match, would it
be too much trouble to post the result, even if you do not post the actual
game.
Also, would you be so kind to post the results on a regular basis?

The following is enough info to satisfy most until someone post the actual
moves and analysis :

[Kasparov trounces Karpov in game XXX on the Black side of a Kings Indian
defense. The score now stands at XX to XX.]

Paul Hsieh

Dec 10, 1990, 2:14:28 AM12/10/90

I don't know where you've been getting your news feed, but from what I
can tell (and that's just from reading this newsgroup) the score is
9.5-8.5 in Kasparovs favour. Before the match started a friend of mine
told me that Kasparov was just going to masacre Karpov and that Karpov
would not win a single game. I said that I thought it would be even and
that it could go either way. Over the course of the match he's been
sort of eating his words, however the result of game 18 is going to
give him some "I told you so" material.

Anyways, I have been impressed at the way Karpov has been keeping up
with Kasparov. If I am not mistaken, from the comments on the games, it
seems that he has had more winning chances than Kasparov. He just didn't
convert them. It seems he had the same sort of difficulty in his match
against Timman just prior. I'm still sort of routing for Karpov though.
Even if its just to spite my friend.

Paul Hsieh