bobby fischer teaches chess

ron....@chessboard.com

Jun 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/24/95
I just purchased the BFTC cd rom. And it says I don't have enough video
memory. But I'm supposed to have 1 meg of video memory. When I try to run
the lessons from windows It says make sure I have the latest vesa driver.
Where would I find this driver. My vid card is Trident. ThankYou Ron Wolfe

Chuck Schulien

Jun 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/25/95

Hi Ron!

Getting the correct VESA driver loaded is just one of the details
that often "goes with the territory" of SVGA graphics and lots of memory.

For specific help with any questions in getting BFTC loaded, I
recommend calling the producers, Mission Studios. Their phone number is
on page 60 of your manual. They keep track of various video cards and
drivers.

Best Wishes,

chuck

Bookup

Jun 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/27/95
In article <REGAC...@chessboard.com>, <ron....@chessboard.com> wrote:
>I just purchased the BFTC cd rom. And it says I don't have enough video
>memory. But I'm supposed to have 1 meg of video memory. When I try to run
>the lessons from windows It says make sure I have the latest vesa driver.
>Where would I find this driver. My vid card is Trident. ThankYou Ron Wolfe

Hey Ron,

I wrote the program and I don't remember a message about
video memory (but that doesn't mean there isn't one!).

There are plenty of messages about not enough conventional
RAM and not everybody has a Windows system that is
optimized to run a big DOS program like BFTC.

Try...

...running from DOS rather than Windows
...using the VESA parameter as recommended in the
manual (with or without a separate VESA driver)
...contacting tech support (page 60 of the manual)
for the latest patch

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"