Zarkov vs GrandMaster Chess

Roger Uzun

Oct 15, 1992, 7:36:17 PM10/15/92
I understand that GrandMaster Chess is the mass market version
of Zarkov, but is it the latest Zarkov? On similar machines
would they perform about the same? Any features removed
from GM CHess that are in Zarkov?

-Roger
bix: ruzun
NET: uz...@crash.cts.com

John Stanback

Oct 18, 1992, 12:33:33 PM10/18/92

The chess-engine in Grandmaster is similar to that used in
Zarkov 2.6, although it was completed several months before
that used in Z2.6 and is probably slightly weaker.
Grandmaster has pull-down menus and fancier graphics (2d and 3d
board), but is missing some of Zarkov's features such as
generating multiple candidate moves when analyzing games,
annotations, generating PCX or WPG chess diagrams, interfacing
to Bookup7 etc... Also, I think it's easier to add/modify
book moves in Zarkov.

John Stanback

Michele Cayley

Oct 19, 1992, 9:53:48 PM10/19/92

and is it available for the mac? is any decent program available on the
mac? (please don't include any sargons or cm2100) is checkmate by interplay
any good?

je