MChess

R Rozin

Mar 14, 1991, 11:01:04 AM3/14/91

I have several questions about MChess:
1. How strong is it?
2. Does it run on a PC?
3. Does it have a good graphical interface?
4. Where does one get it (and for how much)?

Thanks,

Roman Rozin

Benjamin Sloss

Mar 16, 1991, 1:45:50 PM3/16/91
In article <103...@unix.cis.pitt.edu> ro...@unix.cis.pitt.edu (R Rozin) writes:

>I have several questions about MChess:
> 1. How strong is it?
> 2. Does it run on a PC?
> 3. Does it have a good graphical interface?
> 4. Where does one get it (and for how much)?

Well, in my testing it is currently 5.5 - 2.5 against the Mach III at action
chess speeds, running on a cache 386/20. ICD puts it at ~2400 on a 386/33
against computers, although its results thus far against humans have not
been quite as good (low-mid 2300s).
It currently runs only on PCs.
The graphical interface is passable - EGA, your choice of colors. Not
as good as, say, CM 2100.
The program is available from ICD for $99 + shipping. (800) 645 4710.

>Thanks,
>
>Roman Rozin

Benjamin Sloss