xboard/winboard interface documentation

Jan Eric Larsson

Nov 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/27/98

Hi!

I want to run my chess program against other programs via
WinBoard, but the documentation of xboard/winboard seems
a bit unclear. I have seen the CHESSTOOL file, which has
almost no information in it, and the engine-intf.txt that
comes with WinBoard.

Is there such a thing as a good description of this
interface, with a list of all commands that you program
must be able to handle, etc.?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion for code to look at,
or whatever, to make this little project as quick and
pain-free as possible?

--
Jan Eric Larsson
Department of Information Technology, Lund Institute of Technology,

Robert Hyatt

Nov 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/27/98
Jan Eric Larsson <jan...@dit.lth.se> wrote:

: Hi!

: I want to run my chess program against other programs via
: WinBoard, but the documentation of xboard/winboard seems
: a bit unclear. I have seen the CHESSTOOL file, which has
: almost no information in it, and the engine-intf.txt that
: comes with WinBoard.

: Is there such a thing as a good description of this
: interface, with a list of all commands that you program
: must be able to handle, etc.?

This file has all the commands clearly laid out. Do you have
4.0.0 winboard? Feel free to ask here about questions, but
the -intf file should explain everything if it is current.

: --

: Jan Eric Larsson
: Department of Information Technology, Lund Institute of Technology,
: Box 118, 221 00 Lund, Sweden, E-mail: Jan...@IT.LTH.Se
: Phone: +46 46 222 7523, Secr: +46 46 222 7520, Fax: +46 46 222 4714

--
Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hy...@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham