M Chess Pro 7.1

afriend

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

ICD is offering M Chess Pro 7.1 for $49.95. Anyone know why?
How good is it and what kind of copy protection (how many installs?)

Komputer Korner

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

It is a real bargain for that price. Unlimited installs. It asks you
to refuel with CDROM every once in a while.

Komputer Korner
The inkompetent komputer

To send email take the 1 out of my address. My email address is
kor...@netcom.ca but take the 1 out before sending the email.

Sean Evans

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98
to afriend

Hello afriend,

Mchess 7.1 has been on sale now for a few weeks. Marty's sales are down
and he has started a real job working for some firm. It is also priced
the same through out the World. There are no catches less loads etc..
it is the same program. There is a rumour it may become a new engine
for Fritz 6 when it comes out

Take care,

Sean

Enrique Irazoqui

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

afriend escribió en mensaje <6h6ddc$h...@atlas.lcc.net>...

>ICD is offering M Chess Pro 7.1 for $49.95. Anyone know why?
>How good is it and what kind of copy protection (how many installs?)

I think Mchess 7.1 is one of the very best programs. Real fun to play with.
Every now and then you will be asked to insert the CD. Aside from this, it
has unlimited installs.

Enrique

john quill taylor

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

"Enrique Irazoqui" <en...@mx3.redestb.es> wrote:

Every two weeks it needs the CD to "recharge" according to the
book. I just bought it last week. Now I'm not sure if I have
version 7.0 or 7.1 (what's the difference, and if I just bought
it this month from ICD, did I get the latest version?)

- jqt -

Steven Schwartz

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

Hi John,
It is a bit confusing because Marty never changed the graphic
printing on the CD when he went from 7.0 to 7.1. To definitively
tell the difference, just load the CD into the computer and the
title screen will tell you what version you have. Our records
and your invoice both read "7.1".

When Marty notified us of 7.1 and the price decrease, we had
none of the older 7.0 in stock. My guess is that you have
7.1. Let me know.
- Steve (ICD/Your Move Chess & Games)
http://www.icdchess.com
1-800-645-4710

john quill taylor

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

i...@icdchess.com (Steven Schwartz) wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 19:13:19 GMT, john-qui...@hp.com (john quill
>taylor) wrote:

>>(what's the difference, and if I just bought it this month from ICD,
>>did I get the latest version?)

>Hi John,

>It is a bit confusing because Marty never changed the graphic
>printing on the CD when he went from 7.0 to 7.1. To definitively
>tell the difference, just load the CD into the computer and the
>title screen will tell you what version you have. Our records
>and your invoice both read "7.1".

>When Marty notified us of 7.1 and the price decrease, we had
>none of the older 7.0 in stock. My guess is that you have
>7.1. Let me know.
>- Steve (ICD/Your Move Chess & Games)
> http://www.icdchess.com
> 1-800-645-4710

The root directory of my M-Chess CD drive (E:) has a file
called M_chess7.pro 1KB dated 10/24/97 2:56 AM.
Is this version 7.0 or 7.1?

When I actually RUN the program, the title screen says
version 7.1 in the right-hand corner. So I guess I must
have version 7.1 (anyway, you can't have it back! ;-)

- jqt -

afriend

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

Thanks to Sean for the insight on M Chess Pro 7.1.
Recent purchases of CM 5500( looks good ) near $40 at Best Buy
and Grandmaster Ultra ( looks good at $10 from Sam's(WalMart))
but will crash alot.
Of course I stll get creamed by Rebel 9 ...... love the data base
features.
Because of live chess sites I am still adjusting the strength of these
programs so I can practice aginst a computer before I play on the web. Those
guys are tough . Looks like it's going to be a long haul for me to compete
at 10 to 15 min chess on the web..

Steven Schwartz

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 22:05:31 GMT, john-qui...@hp.com (john quill
taylor) wrote:

O.K., you twisted my arm. We won't take it back:-}
It is definitely 7.1.
Don't lose too much!
Regards, Steve