public aplogoy/warning

James and Amy Long

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98

I would like to publicly aplogize to Jon Dart (author of Arasan) and
Chris Moreton (author of Rival) for posting skewed match results
on my web page.

It seems Tristram takes more than its share of CPU time during
single machine matches. The cause is not pondering or hashing,
but the input thread. This is not a bug, but does mean that ANY
single machine match involving Tristram is meaningless.

Again, my apologies to these gentlemen for this oversight. The match
games and results have been removed.

---
James
http://home.fda.net/~wzrdking

Robert Hyatt

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
James and Amy Long <wzrd...@fda.net> wrote:

: I would like to publicly aplogize to Jon Dart (author of Arasan) and

: ---
: James
: http://home.fda.net/~wzrdking

this happens with other programs too... and is the reason why many of
us say "do not play a match on one computer, regardless of how you set
it up." Things like you found happen often and skew the results...

--
Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hy...@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham