Computerchess Misc (10)

1 view

Rolf Tueschen

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
As promised I want to present a position out of one of my games (I had
White) where Crafty 16.5 seems to have a better grip with a passed pawn
than Fritz. Please, the here given analysis is only part of the truth.
Would you mind to check if your Crafty / Fritz do the same?

Kg1 Qd2 Bf7 Pe5 g2 h2
Kc6 Ra8 Rd8 Bc8 Pa5 b7 d3
WTM

1.e6 Rd6 -1.44 (6/23) the value is from an older Fritz

[1...Bxe6 was the game; I think it's typical that a human player prefers
to get rid of that terrible threat; I won that game]

2.e7 Crafty and Junior4.6 a tempo

[2.Qc1+ Fritz5.32 needs 48'' to see e7]

2...Bd7 3.Qc3+

[3.Qc1+ fr4 8.1 3...Kb6 4.Qb2+ Ka6 5.Qa3 Rf6 6.Qc3 Rh6 7.Qxd3+ Bb5 8.Qe3
Rhh8±]

3...Kb6 4.Qe5 Kc7

[Crafty 16.5: 4...Rc6 5.e8Q Bxe8 6.Bxe8 Rc1+ 7.Kf2 Rc2+ 8.Kf3 d2 9.Qd6+
Ka7 10.Ba4 Rf8+ 11.Ke4 1.11/9]

5.e8Q Bxe8 6.Bxe8 soweit die alte Var; Crafty sees immediately the draw

6...Rxe8 7.Qxe8 d2 Crafty = (Also here Crafty seems to know how sreong
such a free pawn can be.)

° What do you think. Is Rd6 a draw or more?

° What do you think. Is e7 the best move for White?

Friendly disclaimer. Robert Hyatt is invited to stay away from this
thread as long as other people have something to say. Perhaps he can
later show what he thinks about Crafty in this position. IF however, if,
he's able to write without insults, off-topics about gasolining or
euthanasia and stuff like that. Thanks.