JUST HEARD ON CNN, IBM WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ze...@magicnet.net

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

Just heard on CNN, IBM wins the match!!!!!!!!!!! A glorious day indeed!!!!!!!!!

Eric van Riet Paap

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

ze...@magicnet.net wrote:

Just heard on CNN, IBM wins the match!!!!!!!!!!! A glorious day
indeed!!!!!!!!!

The beast has won, let's not forget this day, and CRY!

Herbert Groot Jebbink

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

On Sun, 11 May 1997 16:07:20 -0500, ze...@magicnet.net wrote:

>Just heard on CNN, IBM wins the match!!!!!!!!!!! A glorious day indeed!!!!!!!!!

fuck off

---
The Trans-Siberian Railroad Page, http://www.xs4all.nl/~hgj/

Enrique Irazoqui

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

ze...@magicnet.net escribió en artículo
<zeno-11059...@pm59-05.magicnet.net>...

> Just heard on CNN, IBM wins the match!!!!!!!!!!! A glorious day
indeed!!!!!!!!!

Which means many things. Some minor ones:

1- Anybody, including myself, suspecting the match was faked has been
ridiculed.
2- DB is not all that bad after all, to put it mildly.

Enrique

Edward D. Collins

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

Herbert Groot Jebbink <h...@xs4all.nl> wrote in article
<3379393a...@news.xs4all.nl>...

> On Sun, 11 May 1997 16:07:20 -0500, ze...@magicnet.net wrote:
>
> >Just heard on CNN, IBM wins the match!!!!!!!!!!! A glorious day
indeed!!!!!!!!!

> fuck off

Hey, watch your language Herbert. We already have enough bad losers around
here (i.e. Garry himself.)

This is a glorious day. It'll go down in history. This shows what man can
accomplish, since he built Deep Blue in the first place. Beating Garry
was the best thing that could've happened towards technology, computers,
artificial intelligence, etc.

mclane

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

"Enrique Irazoqui" <en...@lix.intercom.es> wrote:

>Which means many things. Some minor ones:

>1- Anybody, including myself, suspecting the match was faked has been
>ridiculed.

Why - because he lost ? I told you that his PRIDE is not so much the
motivation than the money he would get.
But many people in the newsgroup mentioned: he would never give up any
point because he is too pride and could not allow a machine to win
against him.
For me this was not true.
His big words that he wil defend the human-mankind against the machine
were not made to show his motivation, but to put himself in a
historical position. No he is really a historical person, the first
world-champion who LOST. Nobody can steal him this title.
And I guess the others will let him this title. The others will not
try to get the same title. And if Karpov fights against Deep Blue, he
will win. And others could also win.

Bob mentioned they should allow Deep Blue to play in Fide tournaments.
I would say: NO - this should be forbidden.
Let Deep Blue play in PCA tournaments.

>2- DB is not all that bad after all, to put it mildly.

We cannot say much about this until we see the evaluations and data
from the games to study.

>Enrique

GreyOpaque

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

>Just heard on CNN, IBM wins the match!!!!!!!!!!! A glorious day
>indeed!!!!!!!!!

Just wait until next time.

Enrique Irazoqui

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

> "Enrique Irazoqui" <en...@lix.intercom.es> wrote:
>
> >Which means many things. Some minor ones:
>
> >1- Anybody, including myself, suspecting the match was faked has been
> >ridiculed.
>
> Why - because he lost ? I told you that his PRIDE is not so much the
> motivation than the money he would get.

Nonsense. You are only guessing based on nothing. Kasparov lost, probably
to Kasparov himself, but he lost. Did you see his press conference? Is he
also a great actor? Besides, if the match would have been faked they
wouldn't have done such a lousy job: book trap in game 6, resigning a drawn
position in game 2. Everyone was going to notice. Come on!

> >2- DB is not all that bad after all, to put it mildly.
>
> We cannot say much about this until we see the evaluations and data
> from the games to study.

In the meantime you can say that DB is not all that bad.

Enrique

Enrique Irazoqui

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

mclane <mcl...@prima.ruhr.de> escribió en artículo