Features added to Scid

pascal

Jan 2, 2007, 10:02:23 AM1/2/07

I added some features, which I find useful to Scid :

- play against an opponent with an estimated ELO strength;
- analysis of a game in order to find blunders

this can be found at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/
(with a link to a manual explaining the use of these functions)
or downloaded directly at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/download/

Be sure to pick the latest version (currently scid-3.6.1-pg.2).

Notes :
- the naming "-pg" is temporary
- For windows users :
- the installation will not collide with a previous installation of
the genuine Scid, because I use scid-pg as directory name;
- the Phalanx and Crafty engines are pre-configured (thanks to R.
Hyatt authorisation to do this) if you don't change the default
installation setup.

Pascal Georges

pascal

Jan 3, 2007, 8:23:25 AM1/3/07

I uploaded a new version at http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/ where it is
possible to add markers (colored squares and arrows) without going
through the "comment editor" window, directly on the board (a bit like
chessbase products work).

- colored squares : hold down SHIFT and click
* left mouse button for green,
* middle mouse button for yellow,
* right mouse button for red.

- draw arrows : hold down CONTROL and click on start and end squares
* left mouse button for green,
* middle mouse button for yellow,
* right mouse button for red.

that way I find it quicker to annotate a game with visual markers (note
that NAG signs like !, ?! can also be entered directly).

I also removed the binding of the right button of the mouse which was
used to remove the last move at the end of a line : I thought it was too
dangerous (the other bindings for the same action remain the same :
Control-BackSpace and Control-Delete, which I find safer).

Pascal Georges