Corel Chess

ED

Jul 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/10/96

Corel Chess is now shipping... I've ordered it, but it will be a week
before it comes in. It runs on all Windows versions.... 3.1, 95, NT.
Patiently waiting.

--
The BEST is good enough !

Ira A. Satinover

Jul 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/10/96

Ed,

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have never heard of Corel Chess.
Would you please describe it.
Thanks.

Ira

HOME

Jul 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/11/96

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:31:03 -0400, "ED" <e...@mnsi.net> wrote:

>Corel Chess is now shipping... I've ordered it, but it will be a week
>before it comes in. It runs on all Windows versions.... 3.1, 95, NT.
>Patiently waiting.
>
>--
>The BEST is good enough !

How much?

Tom Kerrigan

Jul 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/11/96

Hey, that's pretty cool. Where did you find out about this? Do you have any other
information (who wrote the search part, etc.)?

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Kerrigan kerr...@frii.com O-

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

ED

Jul 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/11/96

ED

Jul 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/11/96

Here is where you can find more info.

http://www.corel.com/products/entertainment&learning/entertainment/chess/i
ndex.htm

> kerr...@frii.com (Tom Kerrigan) wrote in article
<4s23p4$6...@europa.frii.com>...

ED

Jul 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/11/96

$49.95 Canadian.... Isn't that about $10 bucks US?

Moritz Berger

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

In article <01bb6f72.085eb540$0b7c...@MNSI.mnsi.net>, "ED" <e...@mnsi.net>
wrote:
On the web side it says that the chess engine is copyright 1995 by Don Dailey and Larry Kaufman.
These people also wrote the chess engine for Kasparovs Gambit and Socrates 3.
Their latest project was Star*Socrates on some kind of mainframe computer (I think
it consisted of a multiprocessor Pentium architecture). They participated on their
mainframe hardware in the 1995 World Micro Championship and lost the playoff for the
1st place to Fritz.

Tom Kerrigan

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

Hey, the screen shots at that web site really look terrific. Too bad it doesn't
have any information on the actual chess playing part. Looking forward to hearing
about it...

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Kerrigan kerr...@frii.com O-

Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic
route!

Moritz Berger

Jul 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/12/96

In article <4s4gem$k...@news.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, uzs...@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de
of course not the _Micro_ Championship but the event in Hongkong ...