Look for English Descriptive Notation Examples...

Hugh S. Myers

Feb 15, 2003, 2:07:52 PM2/15/03
I need as many text files in English Descriptive Notation as I can
find! Leads, tips and pointers all gratefully accepted! Thanks!

--hsm

gordon.houlsby

Feb 15, 2003, 4:09:22 PM2/15/03

Hugh S. Myers <hsm...@sdragons.com> wrote in message news:7ba79b91.03021...@posting.google.com...

> I need as many text files in English Descriptive Notation as I can
> find! Leads, tips and pointers all gratefully accepted! Thanks!
>
> --hsm

I'm not sure if this would work, but, if you have access to a printer and scanner, you could try it:

I think that ChessBase Light http://www.chessbase.com/download/index.asp
has an option to display games in descriptive.

If so, there are countless pgn databases to download. Load such a db into CBL

Load and print desired game(s). Scan them back into your machine, and save as
a text file.

hth

Hugh S. Myers

Feb 16, 2003, 1:12:03 PM2/16/03
I'll take a look...might be something better than scanning, we'll see! Thanks!

--hsm