Sam Harris VS Russel Brand

Seymore4Head

Feb 8, 2018, 2:15:12 AM2/8/18

Dutch

Feb 8, 2018, 3:23:03 AM2/8/18
On 2/7/2018 11:11 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXA23oyqgQ

Quite fascinating. I balked when I saw it was 2 hours long, but it's
hard to stop watching.

fffurken

Feb 9, 2018, 9:51:08 PM2/9/18
On Thursday, 8 February 2018 07:15:12 UTC, Seymore4Head wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXA23oyqgQ

Well, I went to have a gawk at this and I see that it's no longer available.

I'm not much of a Harris fan (for criticisms I've outlined) but it's kind of bizarre to think of him and Brand having a discussion, as I know Brand's beginnings. I suppose a sort of pop culture TV person/comedian who's become a (multi-millionaire) professional SJW and someone who would make Billb look halfway sane.

I presume he thought Harris was an 'Islamophobe' (if that came up).

Dutch

Feb 9, 2018, 10:41:56 PM2/9/18
I watched the whole two hours. It was good for the first hour or so but
then it trailed off and became repetitious. A lot of it centered around
spirituality vs religion. You're right, Brand was more focused on the
deadly consequences of power, while Harris was more focused on the
deadly consequences of bad motivations (like killing to get to heaven)

fffurken

Feb 10, 2018, 12:03:21 AM2/10/18
On Saturday, 10 February 2018 03:41:56 UTC, Dutch wrote:

> I watched the whole two hours. It was good for the first hour or so but
> then it trailed off and became repetitious. A lot of it centered around
> spirituality vs religion. You're right, Brand was more focused on the
> deadly consequences of power

Yes, he's an anti-capitalist multi-millionaire SJW commie, or that's his schtick.

I found it on his channel (I can't believe he has over a million subscribers), so I'll watch some of it.

fffurken

Feb 10, 2018, 2:33:59 PM2/10/18
On Saturday, 10 February 2018 03:41:56 UTC, Dutch wrote:

> I watched the whole two hours.

Not sure how you got through two hours of that.

RB: The koran is full of peace and love..
SH: Have you read the koran?
RB: Of course I bloody well haven't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwiJlQUrwdA&t=18m8s

They just don't want to know, or understand, it's all about muh feels (and everyone else is wrong).

fffurken

Feb 13, 2018, 12:44:12 AM2/13/18
AiU just did a video on it.

Like I said, they really shouldn't be in the same room together (having a conversation).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=061QkY1lzoU

One's a regressive manchild (who makes Billb look halfway sane) and the other is Sam Harris.

Dutch

Feb 13, 2018, 4:38:51 AM2/13/18
Yeah, I wish I'd just have watched this instead of the whole "debate".

fffurken

Feb 13, 2018, 12:21:35 PM2/13/18
Worth it for the outro.