Pumpkin pie - take 2

Gary

Nov 19, 2019, 12:43:33 PM11/19/19
Bought and cooked another this morning.
Nailed it!

tert in seattle

Nov 19, 2019, 1:30:07 PM11/19/19
g.ma...@att.net writes:
>Bought and cooked another this morning.
>Nailed it!

fn gary nailin it

Bruce

Nov 19, 2019, 2:33:10 PM11/19/19
On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:44:07 -0500, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>Bought and cooked another this morning.
>Nailed it!

Dave Smith with an essay about his fridge light. Gary telling us he
did NOT drop a pumpkin pie.

I don't know if I can handle all the excitement in rfc today.

Cindy Hamilton

Nov 19, 2019, 3:06:41 PM11/19/19
We're having flank steak for dinner. I'll let you know if I drop
it on the way to or from the grill. It's a balmy 4 C here today;
I'm taking advantage of the mild weather to cook outdoors.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Nov 19, 2019, 3:24:28 PM11/19/19
Please also let us know if you don't drop it. Good news is also news.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Nov 19, 2019, 4:40:15 PM11/19/19
Well, this will make your skirt fly up.

I washed some dishes awhile ago while I was cooking macaroni, beef,
and tomato for supper.

Bruce

Nov 19, 2019, 5:12:52 PM11/19/19
Ok, this is getting out of hand now.

Ed Pawlowski

Nov 19, 2019, 5:40:36 PM11/19/19
20C here now as the sun is going down. I'm going to close the door soon.
I'm having leftovers so just reheating in the MW.

Ed Pawlowski

Nov 19, 2019, 5:42:53 PM11/19/19
You washed dishes and cooked at the same time? Impressive, you must be
ambidextrous or something.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Nov 19, 2019, 6:09:05 PM11/19/19
I beg your pardon!!! Do not use that language around me. [Sorry, I just
couldn't resist. :o)]

But truthfully, no Sudafed's were harmed.

Still Bud

Nov 19, 2019, 6:23:19 PM11/19/19
On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:06:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I cooked a deep dish pumpkin pie last night,
and DIDN'T drop it, either removing it from the oven,
OR serving it up from the fridge for lunch today.

Ned Ryerson

Nov 20, 2019, 5:19:43 AM11/20/19
How do you NOT nail it if you just put it in the oven for 50
minutes? Other than not dropping it on the floor.

Gary

Nov 20, 2019, 9:12:19 AM11/20/19
Ned Ryerson wrote:

> tert in seattle wrote:
>
> > g.ma...@att.net writes:
> >>Bought and cooked another this morning.
> >>Nailed it!
> >
> > fn gary nailin it
>
> How do you NOT nail it if you just put it in the oven for 50
> minutes? Other than not dropping it on the floor.

You nail it by cooking it for 70-75 minutes.
50 minutes will result in a pie shell full of pumpkin soup.

Cindy Hamilton

Nov 20, 2019, 9:28:36 AM11/20/19
I take it you put it in the oven still frozen. The pumpkin pie recipe
that I use takes more like 50 minutes to cook.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Nov 20, 2019, 9:45:43 AM11/20/19
On 2019-11-20 9:12 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Ned Ryerson wrote:

>> How do you NOT nail it if you just put it in the oven for 50
>> minutes? Other than not dropping it on the floor.
>
> You nail it by cooking it for 70-75 minutes.
> 50 minutes will result in a pie shell full of pumpkin soup.

???? 40-50 minutes is more than enough time to cook a pumpkin pie.

Dave Smith

Nov 20, 2019, 9:48:00 AM11/20/19
Mine too, I used canned pumpkin, milk, cream, sugar, a couple eggs and
spices. The custard sets up and the crust cooks in 40-50 minutes.

Gary

Nov 20, 2019, 12:34:49 PM11/20/19
This is a frozen pie and yes... Put into a 375 oven while
still frozen and cook for 65-75 minutes.

My homemade pies cook for less time, like you are thinking.

This frozen pie was ok but had a bit of an off-taste,
like the oil used had gone rancid. Won't buy those again.

Might make a sweet potato pie next time soon.
I use the old Betty Crocker recipe then add
50% more spice. I like a spicy pie.

Gary

Nov 20, 2019, 12:36:23 PM11/20/19
This was a frozen pie, dumbass. Pay attention.

Ned Ryerson

Nov 20, 2019, 12:43:29 PM11/20/19
Still better than pumpkin poop - on the kitchen floor.

Gary

Nov 21, 2019, 9:08:37 AM11/21/19
That's a fact, Jack.
Because of my screw up, this $3.99 pie ended up costing me
$7.98. And it wasn't even 'all that'. Had a slight "off"
taste like oil gone bad (used in the crust)