Experimenting with Celery Root

Daniel

Jan 25, 2020, 5:36:06 PM1/25/20
Typically, when purchasing celery root, i steam it with a head of garlic
and do a mash as a potato mash alternative.

Last night, I experimented a bit by shaving a slice of the root with a
vegetable peeler and, after chopping it down to pieces added it to my
dinner salad. The mild celery flavor really added a pleasurable
dimension to the salad.

Has anyone tried experimenting with celery root?
--
Daniel

Visit me at: gopher://gcpp.world

Daniel

Jan 25, 2020, 5:39:00 PM1/25/20
Daniel <m...@scifidan.com> Wrote in message:r
Sorry accidental doublepost ignore this
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Bruce

Jan 25, 2020, 5:57:38 PM1/25/20
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 14:36:03 -0800, Daniel <m...@scifidan.com> wrote:

>Typically, when purchasing celery root, i steam it with a head of garlic
>and do a mash as a potato mash alternative.
>
>Last night, I experimented a bit by shaving a slice of the root with a
>vegetable peeler and, after chopping it down to pieces added it to my
>dinner salad. The mild celery flavor really added a pleasurable
>dimension to the salad.
>
>Has anyone tried experimenting with celery root?

I heard that celery root messes with one's memory.

Daniel

Jan 25, 2020, 6:00:49 PM1/25/20
LOL

My newsgroup reader incidently filtered my original post so i thought i
may have cancelled the original or something. Then I realized what
happened and now i see my original post.

Sorry for the double posting.

Fixed the stupid filter.

Bruce

Jan 25, 2020, 6:18:32 PM1/25/20
Happens, no worries.

Julie Bove

Jan 26, 2020, 7:34:43 PM1/26/20

> Typically, when purchasing celery root, i steam it with a head of garlic
> and do a mash as a potato mash alternative.
>
> Last night, I experimented a bit by shaving a slice of the root with a
> vegetable peeler and, after chopping it down to pieces added it to my
> dinner salad. The mild celery flavor really added a pleasurable dimension
> to the salad.
>
> Has anyone tried experimenting with celery root?

I've never eaten it. I've been told it tastes like potatoes when mashed.
Does it?

Daniel

Jan 28, 2020, 3:55:44 AM1/28/20
No it doesn't, but the consistency certainly can.

It has a unique flavor which i find delicious. It's not for everyone
though. My wife doesn't really dig it but will eat it when I serve it.
Our dinner guests in the past have enjoyed it.

I do find that it is really wet when mashed, and then return it to the
heat to dry it out a bit. I have another thread discussing it. this one
was created by mistake.