Me and My Carrot

Sqwertz

Sep 29, 2020, 10:41:33 PM9/29/20
My mother took me out to her Father's garden to pick a carrot.
There were probably 40-50 to choose from, but I insisted, "There's
no carrots here!" She said they're under those plants - pick one!

So I did.

https://i.postimg.cc/WbgMCnY4/My-Carrot.jpg

Grandmother saw me come in with that and panicked and went out and
pulled up probably 15 more. None of them were even 1/4 that size.

I was the strong, silent type:

https://i.postimg.cc/6pKdXvFf/Ann-Ross-and-Steve-Wertz.jpg

-sw

GM

Sep 29, 2020, 10:49:36 PM9/29/20
On Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 9:41:33 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> My mother took me out to her Father's garden to pick a carrot.
> There were probably 40-50 to choose from, but I insisted, "There's
> no carrots here!" She said they're under those plants - pick one!
>
> So I did.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/WbgMCnY4/My-Carrot.jpg
>
> Grandmother saw me come in with that and panicked and went out and
> pulled up probably 15 more. None of them were even 1/4 that size.

Steve wishes it were a penis, lol...

--
Best
Greg

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 29, 2020, 11:14:11 PM9/29/20
So, did you eat it or tuck it in your pants?

%

Sep 29, 2020, 11:17:26 PM9/29/20
where did you keep your carrot stub

Sqwertz

Sep 30, 2020, 12:03:43 AM9/30/20
On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 21:41:27 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> My mother took me out to her Father's garden to pick a carrot.
> There were probably 40-50 to choose from, but I insisted, "There's
> no carrots here!" She said they're under those plants - pick one!
>
> So I did.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/WbgMCnY4/My-Carrot.jpg

Oh - it weighed 17 pounds!

-sw

%

Sep 30, 2020, 12:05:31 AM9/30/20
On 2020-09-29 9:03 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
mine still does

Gary

Sep 30, 2020, 6:09:49 AM9/30/20
LOL! I know where you aimed that arrow. Right at
Sheldon's 30lb cabbage. ;)

Taxed and Spent

Sep 30, 2020, 8:56:13 AM9/30/20
Which changed first?

Dave Smith

Sep 30, 2020, 10:31:51 AM9/30/20
On 2020-09-29 10:41 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
> My mother took me out to her Father's garden to pick a carrot.
> There were probably 40-50 to choose from, but I insisted, "There's
> no carrots here!" She said they're under those plants - pick one!

What?? You never watched Bugs Bunny when you were a kid?

%

Sep 30, 2020, 1:06:37 PM9/30/20
he was shredding his carrot

prairieevaluate

Sep 30, 2020, 4:21:33 PM9/30/20

> Sqwertz wrote:
> My mother took me out to her Father's garden to pick a carrot.
> There were probably 40-50 to choose from, but I insisted,
"There's
> no carrots here!" She said they're under those plants - pick
one!

> So I did.
>

> Grandmother saw me come in with that and panicked and went out and
> pulled up probably 15 more. None of them were even 1/4 that size.
>
> I was the strong, silent type:
>

> -sw

That could be the carrot on the top of the cupcake.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=570636166#570636166

marik...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2020, 6:18:54 PM9/30/20
funnier still is the troll that so far has resulted in this thread

mk5000

ot so long ago in a valley not too far away, a young boy goes into the woods to play with his friends. Bored with the usual games his friends play, he wanders off and meets a new friend, Timmy The Friendly Troll. Timmy shows the young boy a whole new world of wonder and adventure.--TERRENCE BOWLES

Sqwertz

Sep 30, 2020, 8:24:57 PM9/30/20
Everything else in the garden was on TOP of the dirt.

-sw

Taxed and Spent

Sep 30, 2020, 9:20:09 PM9/30/20

Leo

Sep 30, 2020, 10:02:03 PM9/30/20
On 2020 Sep 29, , Sqwertz wrote
(in article <1v9saoh1q5usp$.d...@sqwertz.com>):
Big carrot! I enjoy old photos from this group of intimate strangers.
I would post a current photo of myself, but last night, while chomping on a
homemade fat cheeseburger, I broke off a three tooth bridge at the gum line
that started with my left front tooth and ended by consuming the canine as
well.
I expect it to cost thousands to fix, but my wife insists. She doesn’t want
me to look like Bruce’s idea of a Trump supporter, but I am. I took a
picture, but it isn’t appropriate for a food group.

leo

Bruce

Sep 30, 2020, 10:11:34 PM9/30/20
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:01:55 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
There are two types of Trump supporters: the retarded and the
misguided. I think you're the latter, so you might well have lots of
teeth.

cshenk

Sep 30, 2020, 10:25:10 PM9/30/20
Smile it happens. Don lost his front teeth age 50 roughly. He's now
full on dentures age 70. To me he's my love, teeth or not.

His teeth mostly reside in the carrier because franckly, no one really
cares if he has them in or not, unless it messes with his ability to
eat something.

marik...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2020, 10:57:44 PM9/30/20
your wife is right/ the party of trump is all get rid of welfare,social security, medicare
except not their own welfare. you should see how much HUD subsidies Alfalfa Hannity gets on the real estate he owns, how many government subsidies Mnuchin gets on the banks he owns, and so on

your taxes have made them rich

mk5000

They thought I left, I'm thinkin', I ain't going anywhere
She had a grudge, smash the box, I was getting square
What we doin' with the game, where I take it now?
Steer 'em off a cliff if they try to take the crown--
"Exceptional". Kerser

Bruce

Sep 30, 2020, 11:02:41 PM9/30/20
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 21:24:59 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

>Leo wrote:
>
>> Big carrot! I enjoy old photos from this group of intimate strangers.
>> I would post a current photo of myself, but last night, while
>> chomping on a homemade fat cheeseburger, I broke off a three tooth
>> bridge at the gum line that started with my left front tooth and
>> ended by consuming the canine as well.
>> I expect it to cost thousands to fix, but my wife insists. She
>> doesn’t want me to look like Bruce’s idea of a Trump supporter, but I
>> am. I took a picture, but it isn’t appropriate for a food group.
>>
>> leo
>
>Smile it happens. Don lost his front teeth age 50 roughly. He's now
>full on dentures age 70. To me he's my love, teeth or not.
>
>His teeth mostly reside in the carrier because franckly, no one really
>cares if he has them in or not, unless it messes with his ability to
>eat something.

When he goes outside without his teeth in, do people sometimes give
him a coin?

marik...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2020, 11:03:24 PM9/30/20
God these Hannities and Mnuchins they sound so entitled

how about the company not the government paying all these benefits

they get more than vets
And like as if it was some public service job comparable to being a vet

mk5000

Experiment for the government, I hear they're paying well
I needed the money, all I have is my courage to sell
Innoculations for the benefit of all mankind
A human guinea pig, I've laid my life on the line

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/f/flotsamjetsamlyrics/emteklyrics.html

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/f/flotsamjetsamlyrics/emteklyrics.html

Bruce

Sep 30, 2020, 11:06:59 PM9/30/20
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 20:03:19 -0700 (PDT), marik...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 9:11:34 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:01:55 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Big carrot! I enjoy old photos from this group of intimate strangers.
>> >I would post a current photo of myself, but last night, while chomping on a
>> >homemade fat cheeseburger, I broke off a three tooth bridge at the gum line
>> >that started with my left front tooth and ended by consuming the canine as
>> >well.
>> >I expect it to cost thousands to fix, but my wife insists. She doesn’t want
>> >me to look like Bruce’s idea of a Trump supporter, but I am.
>>
>> There are two types of Trump supporters: the retarded and the
>> misguided. I think you're the latter, so you might well have lots of
>> teeth.
>
>God these Hannities and Mnuchins they sound so entitled
>
>how about the company not the government paying all these benefits
>
> they get more than vets
>And like as if it was some public service job comparable to being a vet

One day you'll post something that I understand.

Leo

Sep 30, 2020, 11:19:06 PM9/30/20
On 2020 Sep 30, , cshenk wrote
(in article<nK2dndkyVv9moOjC...@giganews.com>):

> Smile it happens. Don lost his front teeth age 50 roughly. He's now
> full on dentures age 70. To me he's my love, teeth or not.

My SIL has full dentures. I had garlic triscuits last night! I just had to
break them in half and eat on the right. I hate dentistry and have avoided it
as best I could throughout my life. I’ve lost the three teeth I posted
about and one other. What’s left ain’t pretty and many are chipped all to
hell. Were I vain and enjoyed pain, I’d have a Mercedes worth of work in my
mouth.

Leo

Oct 1, 2020, 12:54:20 AM10/1/20
On 2020 Sep 30, , marik...@gmail.com wrote
(in article<0625c712-cc4c-4bab...@googlegroups.com>):

> God these Hannities and Mnuchins they sound so entitled

Sweetie, or whatever the hell you are, I have never taken one penny of
federal assistance. I have never taken unemployment, ever. I never failed a
course in school, and I’ve never been fired.How about you?

> how about the company not the government paying all these benefits

Social Security is not a benefit or an entitlement unless one cheats to get
it, and many do. It's a federal requirement that I was forced to pay into
with every penny I ever made, until the annuity that I was forced to pay
into, became due.
Think for yourself, be yourself, work toward the future, invest for yourself
and don’t grub for justice in the evil pool of envy.

Gary

Oct 1, 2020, 8:09:06 AM10/1/20
Taxed and Spent wrote:
> What?? You never watched Bugs Bunny when you were a kid?

I sure do miss all those old Saturday morning cartoons.

Even as an adult, I would turn them on each saturday. I didn't
sit and watch but just background sound and occasionally
glance at them as I did chores.

Each Saturday morning, I'd do laundry. While it was washing,
I cleaned much of the house*. Then switch to dryer and
finish cleaning. Finally hang and fold laundry. Everything
all clean in less that 2 hours.
Bonus: no yard work necessary - screw that.

*Apartment but I refer to it as my house. It's my home.

Ed Pawlowski

Oct 1, 2020, 11:06:03 AM10/1/20
You can certainly do better investing on your own. How many will
though? Tell me how many low to middle income workers with a couple of
kids, rent payment and broke down car will put that SS equivalent into
an investment account? Not happening and at 65 they will be broke. Bad
as it is, the masses need it to survive.

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 1, 2020, 12:34:12 PM10/1/20
I'm not vain and I don't mind pain. I have a Mercedes worth of work in my mouth.
(When they were handing out the genes for good teeth, I was standing in the line
for curly hair.)

Actually, there wasn't that much pain. Any time they drilled holes in my jaw I
asked for sedation.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Oct 1, 2020, 1:41:40 PM10/1/20
On 2020-10-01 12:34 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:19:06 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:

> I'm not vain and I don't mind pain. I have a Mercedes worth of work in my mouth.
> (When they were handing out the genes for good teeth, I was standing in the line
> for curly hair.)

I paid for my dentist's two daughters horse back riding lessons and
probably their post secondary education.

> Actually, there wasn't that much pain. Any time they drilled holes in my jaw I
> asked for sedation.

I just get freezing. I have learned to relax. I once went through hell
getting a root canal, sitting back with a dental dam in my mouth,
coughing and choking, jaw getting sore from holding it open, only to
have the endontist find that the tooth was cracked. Instead of him
ripping it out while I was still frozen I had to make arrangements to go
to a dental surgeon. The next time I went for serious root canal I got
sedated. It cost me a little extra. The entontist came in and got
started. Party way through I felt some pain but didn't care. Then she
said she was almost done. I felt like I had been there for ten minutes.
My wife said it was more than two hours. There was no freezing, so we
were able to stop for a coffee on the way home.

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 1, 2020, 2:37:02 PM10/1/20
I've had several root canals and a number of crowns. When it came time
to drill right into my jawbone for implants, I said, "I don't want to remember that."

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Oct 1, 2020, 3:54:48 PM10/1/20
On Thu, 01 Oct 2020 08:09:33 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>Taxed and Spent wrote:
>> What?? You never watched Bugs Bunny when you were a kid?
>
>I sure do miss all those old Saturday morning cartoons.
>
>Even as an adult, I would turn them on each saturday. I didn't
>sit and watch but just background sound and occasionally
>glance at them as I did chores.
>
>Each Saturday morning, I'd do laundry. While it was washing,
>I cleaned much of the house*. Then switch to dryer and
>finish cleaning. Finally hang and fold laundry.

You fold laundry? I always threw it on a pile. I also often forgot to
take it out of the washing machine. It would be funky after a few
days, so I'd have to run it a second time. Sometimes I'd forget again.
Complicated stuff.

songbird

Oct 1, 2020, 4:43:01 PM10/1/20
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I've had several root canals and a number of crowns. When it came time
> to drill right into my jawbone for implants, I said, "I don't want to remember that."

the pain that wanted me to get a root canal was much
worse than the root canal itself.

at the same time i managed to break a finger and
didn't notice it until later that week, oh and i also
got dumped by my gf of the time so it was a stellar
post holiday season that year...

songbird

Taxed and Spent

Oct 1, 2020, 4:59:34 PM10/1/20
She punched you in the nose, leading to the broken finger and her
leaving. I get that. But what caused the need for the root canal?

I agree about the pain leading to the root canal! Way baaad!

%

Oct 1, 2020, 5:05:50 PM10/1/20
bad drugs cause tooth decay

songbird

Oct 2, 2020, 7:17:40 AM10/2/20
% wrote:
> bad drugs cause tooth decay

nah, i've not been into drinking and drugs since high
school or before. a bit of the reason for being dumped
as we weren't all that compatible really.

songbird

cshenk

Oct 3, 2020, 7:41:52 PM10/3/20
Thats what happens. Eventually, you have to chose between eating and
not eating.

What the dentist wants at that stage is as much as he can make to 'keep
the teeth that aren't worth keeping'.

What happens is slowly your food intake becomes what is easy but that
may not be a healthy balance. Don finally said 'bye bye' to his last
4-5 that were not useful and went dentures.

He hadn't had a steak in 4 years. Now he does have them. He was
shying off on a cheeseburger, now he has them again.

Leo

Oct 4, 2020, 3:08:18 AM10/4/20
On 2020 Oct 3, , cshenk wrote
(in article<8NGdnTwXzsSokeTC...@giganews.com>):

> Thats what happens. Eventually, you have to chose between eating and
> not eating.
>
> What the dentist wants at that stage is as much as he can make to 'keep
> the teeth that aren't worth keeping'.
>
> What happens is slowly your food intake becomes what is easy but that
> may not be a healthy balance. Don finally said 'bye bye' to his last
> 4-5 that were not useful and went dentures.
>
> He hadn't had a steak in 4 years. Now he does have them. He was
> shying off on a cheeseburger, now he has them again.

I have all but four original teeth in my mouth. I still have my wisdoms. This
three tooth gap would be hideous if I had a toothy smile. I went to the
dentist. She shuddered, charged me for looking at them, and referred me to a
prosthodontist. I didn’t even know prosthodontists existed. Her other
option was to pull all the other teeth in my upper jaw and give me full upper
dentures. Nope!
I haven’t called the prosthodontist yet. Maybe my wife will get used to it.
Fast food with a knife and fork might be in my future. I can still eat steak
and even corn nuts. My problem is that I can only do a half chomp, and full
chomps are important. What to do? What to do?

Gary

Oct 4, 2020, 6:58:15 AM10/4/20
Leo wrote:

> I haven't called the prosthodontist yet. Maybe my wife will get used to it.

At least, for now, a mask in public will hide it.
Every Covid virus has a silver lining?

> Fast food with a knife and fork might be in my future. I can still eat steak
> and even corn nuts. My problem is that I can only do a half chomp, and full
> chomps are important. What to do? What to do?

Well, you can bite on one side but still have the more
important back teeth to chew. That's a big plus.

A few times, I had to chew on one side only until I got
to the dentist and *that's* somewhat unsatisfying.

I do agree with you - to pull all of the rest of upper teeth
is ridiculous. Screw that.

You do have a few options. Take your time to consider all.

PS - go easy on the corn nuts. They are notorious for breaking
teeth. Also unpopped popcorn kernals. (and chewing ice)

Sheldon Martin

Oct 4, 2020, 7:30:09 AM10/4/20
On Sun, 04 Oct 2020 00:08:10 -0700, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Bite the bullet, so to speak... Implants... pricey but well worth it.
My wife has two implants, just like real teeth, never a problem.
You need to have a great dentist do them. My wife goes to Dr. Sobel
in Manhattan... the Picasso of teeth. He does his own lab work, did
the bone graft too. Stay far away from those discount joints that
advertize that they do the entire job in one visit.

Leo

Oct 4, 2020, 8:00:43 AM10/4/20
On 2020 Oct 4, , Gary wrote
(in article <5F79AAE3...@att.net>):

> PS - go easy on the corn nuts. They are notorious for breaking
> teeth. Also unpopped popcorn kernals. (and chewing ice)

And steel shot. That’s significant to what got me here. Oh...and horsing
around in 1962. Son of a...! If I could only turn back time.

Gary

Oct 4, 2020, 8:33:59 AM10/4/20
Leo wrote:

> On 2020 Oct 4, , Gary wrote
> (in article <5F79AAE3...@att.net>):
>
> > PS - go easy on the corn nuts. They are notorious for breaking
> > teeth. Also unpopped popcorn kernals. (and chewing ice)
>
> And steel shot. That's significant to what got me here.

Yeah. If you hunt each season with a shotgun, a cheap metal
detector might be a good purchase. Do a final scan before
your meat goes into the fridge or freezer.

I had a cheap one 30-some years ago. Bought it used
for only $6. It wasn't selective about different kinds
of metal. It detected *all* metal.

I used it a few times but all I ever found was old .22 shell
casings and mostly bottle caps and can tabs. It would be
perfect for you. I'd send it to you if I still had it.

Leo

Oct 4, 2020, 9:11:05 AM10/4/20
On 2020 Oct 4, , Sheldon Martin wrote
(in article<6gbjnf55tbnaop2f0...@4ax.com>):

> Bite the bullet, so to speak... Implants... pricey but well worth it.
> My wife has two implants, just like real teeth, never a problem.
> You need to have a great dentist do them. My wife goes to Dr. Sobel
> in Manhattan... the Picasso of teeth. He does his own lab work, did
> the bone graft too. Stay far away from those discount joints that
> advertize that they do the entire job in one visit.

That’s the way to go. I think the prosthodontist that I’ve been referred
to does all that. I would prefer them to drill out the old tooth fragments
from my bridge, yank my teeth roots, screw in some posts and, somehow, glue
the old bridge back in.
The prosthodontist will have way better ideas. All I have to do is make a
phone call, and I don’t want to. Heavy dentistry is pure hell to me.

jmcquown

Oct 4, 2020, 9:48:28 AM10/4/20
On 9/29/2020 10:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> My mother took me out to her Father's garden to pick a carrot.
> There were probably 40-50 to choose from, but I insisted, "There's
> no carrots here!" She said they're under those plants - pick one!
>
> So I did.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/WbgMCnY4/My-Carrot.jpg
>
> Grandmother saw me come in with that and panicked and went out and
> pulled up probably 15 more. None of them were even 1/4 that size.
>
> I was the strong, silent type:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/6pKdXvFf/Ann-Ross-and-Steve-Wertz.jpg
>
> -sw

Wow!! There's nothing that gets my juices flowing like the thought of me
and my carrot on a Saturday night. This is a family newsgroup so I won't
go into details, but I'm perspiring just thinking about it.

jmcquown

Oct 4, 2020, 9:55:58 AM10/4/20
I've mentioned this before. My middle brother always had bad teeth. I
don't know if it was because he didn't take good care of them or a
genetic luck of the draw. I do know he got tired of constantly going to
the dentist, periodontists, endodontists, whatever. So, he had ALL of
his teeth pulled and replaced with implants. He had to borrow against
his 401K and, IIRC our Dad gifted him $5000 to help out. The entire
process took well over a year. He had to have bone grafts (taken from
cadavers, a delightful thought but hey, donors). It cost him $33,000.
(She gave him a slight discount because he re-designed her web page.)
Her office was near where I worked. He scheduled appointments late in
the afternoon so I could leave work and drive him home from some of
those appointments. The anesthesia was heavy-duty. (I also had to go
to his house and help him figure out what he could eat that was "soft".)

Don't let anyone tell you those implants can't break. They're ceramic
and are screwed into the jaw on posts and yes, they can break just like
real teeth.

I'm very fortunate. I still have all but one of my natural teeth and
only a couple of crowns on molars. I brush, I floss, I use flouride
toothpaste and ACT flouride rinse. Anything I can do to keep me out of
the dental chair is a plus. :)

Jill

Sheldon Martin

Oct 4, 2020, 11:22:47 AM10/4/20
On Sun, 04 Oct 2020 Leo wrote:
They numb you up and you won't feel a thing... and now dentists shoot
the novacaine in with a gun, no more needle. About a month ago I
needed an old filling replaced, needed to grind it out of the tooth, I
felt nothing. The only pain was from the $180 it cost for 10 minutes
work, I sat there doing nothing for 15 minutes waiting until the
novacaine took affect.
I spoke to my wife this morning about your post, she advised not to
have dentures, and nothing that hooks on to your adjacent teeth or
those will soon decay. She said implants are best and a separate
implant for each tooth, NOT to join the implants like a bridge...
sometimes implants need to be readjusted as just like with all other
body parts gums tend to change with age. Her dentist gave her a
special tool that's used for him to make adjustments. Her implants
screw in and sometimes need to be made higher or lower and have the
angle altered... she's had a lot of expensive dentistry. She said
that if you go cheap it will cost a lot more later.
I've been lucky, I've never needed any serious dentistry, never even a
root canal. Cleanings are important, I get a cleaning three times a
year. Each time after the hygenist does the cleaning the dentist does
an examination, and x-rays yearly. I have all my own teeth except for
two wisdoms, and I have two crowns and not many fillings. I always
brush and floss after eating and keep away from sugars. My dentist
told me horror stories about people who indulge in cough drops and
soda, breath mints will rot your teeth too... he said Tic Tacs are the
worst, they contain sugar but are low in calories so people suck them
all day.

Dave Smith

Oct 4, 2020, 1:03:01 PM10/4/20
On 2020-10-04 6:58 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Leo wrote:
>>
>> I haven't called the prosthodontist yet. Maybe my wife will get used to it.
>
> At least, for now, a mask in public will hide it.
> Every Covid virus has a silver lining?
>
>> Fast food with a knife and fork might be in my future. I can still eat steak
>> and even corn nuts. My problem is that I can only do a half chomp, and full
>> chomps are important. What to do? What to do?
>
> Well, you can bite on one side but still have the more
> important back teeth to chew. That's a big plus.
>
> A few times, I had to chew on one side only until I got
> to the dentist and *that's* somewhat unsatisfying.

It's all good until you end up having to chew only on one side and then
develop a problem that makes that difficult, like an abcess.

cshenk

Oct 4, 2020, 9:24:45 PM10/4/20
4 teeth? Thats a bridge need. No removal of the rest.

Ophelia

Oct 5, 2020, 9:58:16 AM10/5/20

"cshenk" wrote in message

Leo wrote:

> On 2020 Sep 30, , cshenk wrote
> (in article<nK2dndkyVv9moOjC...@giganews.com>):
>
> > Smile it happens. Don lost his front teeth age 50 roughly. He's now
> > full on dentures age 70. To me he's my love, teeth or not.
>
> My SIL has full dentures. I had garlic triscuits last night! I just
> had to break them in half and eat on the right. I hate dentistry and
> have avoided it as best I could throughout my life. I’ve lost the
> three teeth I posted about and one other. What’s left ain’t pretty
> and many are chipped all to hell. Were I vain and enjoyed pain, I’d
> have a Mercedes worth of work in my mouth.

Thats what happens. Eventually, you have to chose between eating and
not eating.

What the dentist wants at that stage is as much as he can make to 'keep
the teeth that aren't worth keeping'.

What happens is slowly your food intake becomes what is easy but that
may not be a healthy balance. Don finally said 'bye bye' to his last
4-5 that were not useful and went dentures.

He hadn't had a steak in 4 years. Now he does have them. He was
shying off on a cheeseburger, now he has them again.

====

Lovely:) Very pleased to hear that. Teeth has nothing to do with
whether one loves someone or not:))

Sheldon Martin

Oct 5, 2020, 3:53:14 PM10/5/20
On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 21:02:03 +0100, "Ophelia" <oph...@elsinore.me.uk>
wrote:

>"cshenk" wrote in message
>
>Leo wrote:
>
>> On 2020 Sep 30, , cshenk wrote
>> (in article<nK2dndkyVv9moOjC...@giganews.com>):
>>
>> > Smile it happens. Don lost his front teeth age 50 roughly. He's now
>> > full on dentures age 70. To me he's my love, teeth or not.
>>
>> My SIL has full dentures. I had garlic triscuits last night! I just
>> had to break them in half and eat on the right. I hate dentistry and
>> have avoided it as best I could throughout my life. I’ve lost the
>> three teeth I posted about and one other. What’s left ain’t pretty
>> and many are chipped all to hell. Were I vain and enjoyed pain, I’d
>> have a Mercedes worth of work in my mouth.
>
>Thats what happens. Eventually, you have to chose between eating and
>not eating.
>
>What the dentist wants at that stage is as much as he can make to 'keep
>the teeth that aren't worth keeping'.
>
>What happens is slowly your food intake becomes what is easy but that
>may not be a healthy balance. Don finally said 'bye bye' to his last
>4-5 that were not useful and went dentures.
>
>He hadn't had a steak in 4 years. Now he does have them. He was
>shying off on a cheeseburger, now he has them again.
>
>====
>
>Lovely:) Very pleased to hear that. Teeth has nothing to do with
>whether one loves someone or not:))

People who don't have dental work done when needed
are one of just three things, a WUSS, have a lousy dentist, or both.
Most likely they are a SUPER WUSS.

I have my teeth cleaned every 4 months and at that time my dentist
does an exam. Whatever work needs to be done I schedual it
immediately. If I have a small cavity that's usually about it so I
make an appointment at that time for as soon as possible. Putting
dental work off it'll only get worse, and cost a lot more. I like my
dentist, I trust him not to make a mountain out of a mole hill. He's
fast so for a filling I'm in and out in 15 minutes. I always feel
good about a dentist visit, the dental hygienist, Dolores, Dee, has
lovely large heavy mammaries that she apparently likes to rest on my
chest while she works on my teeth. Dee can clean my teeth whenever she
wants for as long as she wants.

Hank Rogers

Oct 5, 2020, 4:43:09 PM10/5/20
Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 21:02:03 +0100, "Ophelia" <oph...@elsinore.me.uk>
> wrote:
>

>> "cshenk" wrote in message
>>
>> Leo wrote:
>>
>>> On 2020 Sep 30, , cshenk wrote
>>> (in article<nK2dndkyVv9moOjC...@giganews.com>):

>>> My SIL has full dentures. I had garlic triscuits last night! I just
>>> had to break them in half and eat on the right. I hate dentistry and
>>> have avoided it as best I could throughout my life. I’ve lost the
>>> three teeth I posted about and one other. What’s left ain’t pretty
>>> and many are chipped all to hell. Were I vain and enjoyed pain, I’d
Does Dee give yoose a drink of her milk while she cleans yoose old
teeth?

cshenk

Oct 5, 2020, 9:51:57 PM10/5/20
Agreed. I don't care that Don has no teeth (well, I'd care *if he
cared* but he doesn't).

I am happy to see him eating healthy again. That to me is far more
important. It was a good change in our case. Zero regrets.

cshenk

Oct 5, 2020, 9:59:14 PM10/5/20
Rest of your drivel deleted. You failed to follow the thread properly.
You are also an idiot if you think it was delayed dental work.

Many people just have 'weak teeth' that do not last as well as others.
I have strong teeth. At 60, I have more teeth (all of them) than Don
at 35. The dentists have done what they could but at 70, we lost the
battle. It was affecting his nutrition too much and that is not good
when 70.