Leftovers

Terry Coombs

Jan 25, 2020, 7:28:46 PM1/25/20
  About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
hoping I warmed enough ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2020, 7:30:49 PM1/25/20
On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:28:46 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

>   About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
> tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
> go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
> hoping I warmed enough ...

I think soup is always better the next day or two. Flavors meld together
after a thorough chilling. Enjoy!

ImStillMags

Jan 25, 2020, 8:35:34 PM1/25/20
I agree. I love leftover soups and stews. Always better with age.

Nemo

Jan 25, 2020, 9:11:09 PM1/25/20
Same for potato salad

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2020, 10:04:32 PM1/25/20
On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 8:11:09 PM UTC-6, Nemo wrote:

> > I think soup is always better the next day or two. Flavors meld
> > together after a thorough chilling. Enjoy!
>
> Same for potato salad

And coleslaw!

dsi1

Jan 26, 2020, 2:59:55 AM1/26/20
Tonight I had a variation of a loco moco: a hamburger patty with some rice, bean, corn, with spicy chipotle seasonings mixed in. This was placed on top of cauliflower rice and then topped with a fried egg and some Sriracha mayo.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/dMuMenN8RbGh5AaS2zj_rw.VZTm_0txmdvYb6x_3P-xpS

Janet

Jan 26, 2020, 4:51:38 AM1/26/20
In article <b979e9ad-4d8b-4569...@googlegroups.com>,
itsjoan...@webtv.net says...
I agree.

Janet UK

Julie Bove

Jan 27, 2020, 12:46:26 AM1/27/20

"Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
> About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better tonight
> . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to go with ,
> and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure hoping I warmed
> enough ...

Nice! I'm having the hominy casserole for a 2nd time along with a really
nice salad. Love the casserole but it's so right. If J doesn't eat any, I
think I'll freeze the rest.

dsi1

Jan 27, 2020, 3:16:43 AM1/27/20
I had a chipotle type burger with eggs. I couldn't decide whether to make scrambled eggs or an over easy egg so I just made both. :)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/ZYFwPUeCSpizmrComVZAaw.9rkg65gha3rAwET52LTVyR