OT It is impossible for an Alexa NOT to impinge negatively on everyone in a house!

John Kuthe

Jan 25, 2020, 7:31:31 PM1/25/20
I have never lived under surveillance no matter HOW prettily named!

John Kuthe...

Hank Rogers

Jan 25, 2020, 10:07:20 PM1/25/20
John Kuthe wrote:
> I have never lived under surveillance no matter HOW prettily named!
>
> John Kuthe...

No shit?

Anyway, in other news, earlier I took a shit ... Then I went to the
mailbox. After I came back inside, I farted.

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 26, 2020, 6:29:52 AM1/26/20
On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 7:31:31 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> I have never lived under surveillance no matter HOW prettily named!
>
> John Kuthe...

Does anybody here even have an Alexa? Your posts are irrelevant.

Cindy Hamilton

John Kuthe

Jan 26, 2020, 8:51:10 AM1/26/20
No, MANY have Smart Devices, Echo Dots, Apple Watches, etc. Shoshana Zuboff thinks it's all VERY RELEVANT and I agree!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/opinion/sunday/surveillance-capitalism.html

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and No Smartphone!

Ophelia

Jan 26, 2020, 9:14:20 AM1/26/20
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
===

I had an Alexa type thing on my Kindle Fire. I soon disabled it!

Thomas

Jan 26, 2020, 9:33:28 AM1/26/20
I use it daily.

Janet

Jan 26, 2020, 10:01:27 AM1/26/20
In article <986b0d97-3bfc-4666...@googlegroups.com>,
cano...@gmail.com says...

> I use it daily.

Q.E.D

Janet UK

Terry Coombs

Jan 26, 2020, 10:16:19 AM1/26/20
  Now that's funny , I don't care who you are .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

John Kuthe

Jan 26, 2020, 7:34:23 PM1/26/20
On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:33:28 AM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
> I use it daily.

You mean IT USES YOU!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe

Jan 26, 2020, 7:35:04 PM1/26/20
We hope!

John Kuthe...

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 27, 2020, 5:50:39 AM1/27/20
On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:51:10 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 5:29:52 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 7:31:31 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > I have never lived under surveillance no matter HOW prettily named!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...
> >
> > Does anybody here even have an Alexa? Your posts are irrelevant.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
>
> No, MANY have Smart Devices, Echo Dots, Apple Watches, etc. Shoshana Zuboff thinks it's all VERY RELEVANT and I agree!

How many on RFC? I see only one person has reported regular use of one.

Cindy Hamilton

John Kuthe

Jan 27, 2020, 8:17:25 AM1/27/20
On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 4:50:39 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:51:10 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > No, MANY have Smart Devices, Echo Dots, Apple Watches, etc. Shoshana Zuboff thinks it's all VERY RELEVANT and I agree!
>
> How many on RFC? I see only one person has reported regular use of one.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Everyone else has been LULLED into COMPLACENCY!!! And is BEING SPIED ON 24x7!! LISTENED TO!! It's ON 24x7 and LISTENING TO EVERYTHING IN YOUR HOUSE!! Spying on everyone in it too!

Bastards!! Eat SHIT and DIE GOOGLE!! :-(

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and NOT Being Spied On

Gary

Jan 27, 2020, 8:37:00 AM1/27/20
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> How many on RFC? I see only one person has reported regular use of one.

Well, I dated (an) Alexa for a few months back in the mid 70's.
Nice enough girl but neither of us knew anything about computers
back then. :)