Blinky's Funeral

Aingon Atelia

Mar 16, 2009, 3:05:36 AM3/16/09
We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
ground.

After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.

Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
--

Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber
IAingo...@sbcglobal.net

bill van

Mar 16, 2009, 3:14:03 AM3/16/09
In article <iTmvl.21337$c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com>,
Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.

--
bill
remove my country for e-mail

Christine Dabney

Mar 16, 2009, 3:16:12 AM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:14:03 -0700, bill van <bil...@shawcanada.ca>
wrote:

Ditto.

Christine
--
http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

Aingon Atelia

Mar 16, 2009, 3:24:44 AM3/16/09

That was my plan.

Scraggy

Mar 16, 2009, 4:07:44 AM3/16/09
Aingon Atelia wrote:
> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few
> words, and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to
> the grave site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was
> placed in the ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate
> Blinky's life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts,
> and was pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have
> approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

Thanks.
members. Groucho Marx

jmcquown

Mar 16, 2009, 4:09:50 AM3/16/09
"Aingon Atelia" <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Thank you for keeping us informed. We all loved Lee (Blinky) and miss him.

Jill

WeReo_ScoTTy

Mar 16, 2009, 7:16:02 AM3/16/09
"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
RIP Blinky the Shark

dadiOH

Mar 16, 2009, 7:41:47 AM3/16/09
Aingon Atelia wrote:
> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few
> words, and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to
> the grave site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was
> placed in the ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate
> Blinky's life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts,
> and was pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have
> approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

He was lucky to have a friend like you.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Whiskers

Mar 16, 2009, 8:55:51 AM3/16/09

Good plan. Thanks

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Message has been deleted

Charles Bishop

Mar 16, 2009, 10:39:47 AM3/16/09
iaingo...@sbcglobal.net wrote:

>We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
>Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
>of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
>of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
>and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
>site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
>ground.
>
>After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
>life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
>pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
>Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

Thanks for letting us know, Walt. Beer, pizza and darts sounds like a fine
tribute.

--
charles

..PL..

Mar 16, 2009, 10:58:02 AM3/16/09
Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:iTmvl.21337
$c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:

> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts.

3 things that are magically destined to be together forever!!

> He did love to shoot darts, and was
> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.

I'm sure he would have. It would have hinged on what pizza though :-)

I'd never have thought of dart boards at my wake, so thanks for the idea.

The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :-)

> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

You've done him proud with your posts, keeping the rest of us updated.

You are the epitome of a best friend.

Blinky was very lucky.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

Veronique

Mar 16, 2009, 11:23:17 AM3/16/09
On Mar 16, 12:24 am, Aingon Atelia <aingonate...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > In article <iTmvl.21337$c45.11...@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com>,

> >  Aingon Atelia <aingonate...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> >> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> >> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> >> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> >> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> >> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> >> ground.
>
> >> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> >> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
> >> pretty good at it most days.  I believe he would have approved.
>
> >> Bye, you big friggin' doof.  I miss you a hundred times a day.
>
> > Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
> > Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
> > able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.
>
> That was my plan.

And much appreciated. Thanks.

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

Dimitri

Mar 16, 2009, 12:27:26 PM3/16/09

"Aingon Atelia" <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Nice of you to keep us up to date.

Dimitri

Sky

Mar 16, 2009, 1:54:54 PM3/16/09

You did good. Blinky would be proud I think, and he was blessed to have
you for a dear friend. I miss (chatting with) him and his humor, too.
Pizza, beer, and darts is a good send-off. I did not know he was a
darts fan - steel or plastic tip I wonder <G>. Knowing Blinky the short
time I did, I'd guess steel tips ;)

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Gene E. Bloch

Mar 16, 2009, 1:58:16 PM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:05:36 -0700, Aingon Atelia wrote:

> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

(Wiping tear) Thanks, Aingon...Bye, Blinky :-(

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

Adam Funk

Mar 16, 2009, 5:10:54 PM3/16/09
On 2009-03-16, Aingon Atelia wrote:

>> In article <iTmvl.21337$c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com>,
>> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
>>> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
>>> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
>>> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
>>> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
>>> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
>>> ground.
>>>
>>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
>>> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
>>> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>>>
>>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

>> Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
>> Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
>> able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.
>>

> That was my plan.

Good plan.

--
In Karhide king and kyorremy have a good deal of control over what
people do, but very little over what they hear, and none over what

Jeff Wisnia

Mar 16, 2009, 5:23:22 PM3/16/09
Aingon Atelia wrote:
> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

You're the kind of friend I hope I have...

Thanks,

Bye Bye Blinky

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

chuckcar

Mar 16, 2009, 8:05:25 PM3/16/09
Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

Thanks for the news. I trust there were enough good eulogies. I only knew
him (on usenet only) for a short time, but he *did* stand out among the
one I "met". That is without doubt.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

James Morrow

Mar 16, 2009, 11:03:33 PM3/16/09
In article <c9nvl.14527$W06....@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com>,
aingon...@sbcglobal.net says...

Your efforts are deeply appreciated. Each of these newsgroups is a
little on-line community. We value these connections. With Blinky in
mind I noted this item.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090316/ap_on_hi_te/tec_death_online

--
James E. Morrow
Email to: jamese...@email.com

..PeterL..

Mar 16, 2009, 11:46:04 PM3/16/09
James Morrow <jamese...@email.com> wrote in

> http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090316/ap_on_hi_te/tec_death_online

Thanks for that James.

There's some excellent suggestions in there.

sf

Mar 17, 2009, 12:09:53 AM3/17/09
<aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
>Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
>of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
>of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
>and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
>site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
>ground.
>
>After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
>life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
>pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
>Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

From RFC to you: Thanks for everything! We loved Blinky, even when
he was being Mr. Cranky Pants.

Mae West

Lisa Ann

Mar 17, 2009, 9:51:57 AM3/17/09
"James Morrow" <jamese...@email.com> wrote in message
> [...]

I think we've talked about this kind of service here before. Of course, if
you go missing in AFCA for too long (and are known to have health problems),
Dana just calls SWAT on you. :)

My sister knows how to get to this group...and if Scott just opens up Agent
at home, my groups pop up (no password protection), so he could let people
know if anything happened to me. I'm just not sure that he *would*.
Remember, he thinks you're all imaginary. Or something like that.

Lisa Ann

Aingon Atelia

Mar 18, 2009, 9:20:19 PM3/18/09

>> > Thanks for keeping us in the loop throughout. You're the reason that
>> > Blinky didn't just disappear without a trace, and that many of us were
>> > able to say goodbye, even if we couldn't do so in person.
>> >

>> That was my plan.
>>

> Your efforts are deeply appreciated. Each of these newsgroups is a
> little on-line community. We value these connections. With Blinky in
> mind I noted this item.
>
> http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090316/ap_on_hi_te/tec_death_online

Interesting idea, and a sign of the times. It took 6 weeks before I had
access to Blinky's computer so that I could look through and notify
anyone I hadn't heard of. It took almost a week to get in touch with
his daughter, because the coroner had sealed the apartment, and I didn't
have any of her info, other than the city that she lived near.

I think I'll start compiling my lists for a thumb drive in case
something happens to me, and I copy it and send it to my sisters.

Christine Dabney

Mar 18, 2009, 9:28:08 PM3/18/09
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:20:19 -0700, Aingon Atelia
<aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I think I'll start compiling my lists for a thumb drive in case
>something happens to me, and I copy it and send it to my sisters.

I just found a site which will help with this. I just got an account
there. Many of my real life friends have no idea of what groups I
belong to online... And, as I live alone as well, something could
happen to me, and it might be months before someone found out what
happened to me.

https://www.slightlymorbid.com/

Christine
--
http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

Aingon Atelia

Mar 18, 2009, 9:38:34 PM3/18/09

> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:iTmvl.21337
> $c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:
>

>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
>> life over beer, pizza and darts.
>

> 3 things that are magically destined to be together forever!!
>

>> He did love to shoot darts, and was
>> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>

> I'm sure he would have. It would have hinged on what pizza though :-)

I don't remember him ever meeting a pizza he didn't like.

> I'd never have thought of dart boards at my wake, so thanks for the idea.
>
> The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :-)

Most people just stay near the toe line. :)

>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
>

> You've done him proud with your posts, keeping the rest of us updated.
>
> You are the epitome of a best friend.
>
> Blinky was very lucky.

Thank you.

This has been a tough quarter for me. In mid-December my mother was
diagnosed with leukemia. Being too weak for aggressive chemo, she was
put on a maintenance treatment. She was already transfusion dependent
from other bone marrow issues brought on by chemo for breast cancer 10
years ago.

On Feb 27th, the night before Blinky's memorial, I was finalizing the
eulogy when my sister called, saying that my mother had fallen and hit
her head badly enough to be hospitalized. She had a huge subdural
hematoma, and she was too frail for them to operate on. She was
paralyzed on her right side, and was declining. As there was no
prospect for her to not be dependent on machines to keep her alive, with
minimal quality of life, my sisters and I had to decide to observe what
we knew to be her wishes and stop all of her treatments and let the
leukemia take her. We brought her home on March 4th, and she died
peacefully in her sleep early on the morning of the 6th. Her funeral
was yesterday, her interment today.

Helluva couple of months. I've also been made Blinky's daughter's
agent, so that the apartment can get cleared out. The coroner unsealed
it on the 10th, and I've been given until the 24th to get it emptied.
Basically that means finding room for a 1 bedroom apartment inside my
small 3 bedroom house, until everything can be gone through.

And the hits just keep on coming - When I got home from my mom's
interment today, my next door neighbor's house was packed with people.
Turns out *he'd* died a couple of days ago from a massive coronary and
multiple organ failure.

It may not be safe to be around me.

AA/MZ

Aingon Atelia

Mar 18, 2009, 9:41:04 PM3/18/09

>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
>> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
>> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>>
>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

> You did good. Blinky would be proud I think, and he was blessed to have

> you for a dear friend. I miss (chatting with) him and his humor, too.
> Pizza, beer, and darts is a good send-off. I did not know he was a
> darts fan - steel or plastic tip I wonder <G>. Knowing Blinky the short
> time I did, I'd guess steel tips ;)

Definitely steel, unless whatever bar he was at had an electronic
machine. He kept them in his glove box, though, because I have a board
in my den.

Aingon Atelia

Mar 18, 2009, 9:43:19 PM3/18/09

> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:05:36 -0700, Aingon Atelia
> <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
>>Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
>>of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
>>of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
>>and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
>>site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
>>ground.
>>
>>After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
>>life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was
>>pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>>
>>Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
>
> From RFC to you: Thanks for everything! We loved Blinky, even when
> he was being Mr. Cranky Pants.

Oh, c'mon - sharks don't wear pants. Unfortunately. ;)

Sky

Mar 18, 2009, 10:21:15 PM3/18/09
Aingon Atelia wrote:

(snip)

Many condolences for the loss of your mother and neighbor. You truly
have had a rough time of it lately. I just hope this 'trend' doesn't
keep up.

Sky, from RFC

QueBarbara

Mar 18, 2009, 10:34:11 PM3/18/09
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:21:15 -0500, Sky <skyh...@NOsbcglobal.SnPeAtM>
wrote:

>Many condolences for the loss of your mother and neighbor.

And for the loss of your good friend Blinky. You are a champ to be
dealing with all of that, and to be charged with clearing out Blinky's
apartment, too.

>You truly
>have had a rough time of it lately. I just hope this 'trend' doesn't
>keep up.
>
>Sky, from RFC

Ditto from me. I hope that you know by now you can use our collective
shoulders to cry on and lean on.

--
QueBarbara

Sky

Mar 18, 2009, 11:01:49 PM3/18/09
Aingon Atelia wrote:
(snip)

> Oh, c'mon - sharks don't wear pants. Unfortunately. ;)

ROFLMAO!!!!! That's just exactly what Blinky would say --- I can hear
(er, read!) him saying that, too!!!! Thanks for the giggle ;>

Sky, who misses that 'shark'

Bill Turlock

Mar 19, 2009, 12:12:11 AM3/19/09

::sorrow::

> Helluva couple of months. I've also been made Blinky's daughter's
> agent, so that the apartment can get cleared out. The coroner unsealed
> it on the 10th, and I've been given until the 24th to get it emptied.
> Basically that means finding room for a 1 bedroom apartment inside my
> small 3 bedroom house, until everything can be gone through.
>
> And the hits just keep on coming - When I got home from my mom's
> interment today, my next door neighbor's house was packed with people.
> Turns out *he'd* died a couple of days ago from a massive coronary and
> multiple organ failure.
>
> It may not be safe to be around me.
>
> AA/MZ

Au contraire.

Hang in there.

Bill

..PeterL..

Mar 19, 2009, 2:09:09 AM3/19/09
Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:Omhwl.14680
$W06...@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:

>> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:iTmvl.21337
>> $c45....@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:
>>

>>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate
Blinky's
>>> life over beer, pizza and darts.
>>

>> 3 things that are magically destined to be together forever!!
>>

>>> He did love to shoot darts, and was
>>> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>>

>> I'm sure he would have. It would have hinged on what pizza though :-)
>
> I don't remember him ever meeting a pizza he didn't like.

LOL!!! If it hasn't got pineapple on it, I love it :-)

>> I'd never have thought of dart boards at my wake, so thanks for the
idea.

>> The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :-)
>
> Most people just stay near the toe line. :)

ROFL!!!

Smartass :-)

>>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
>>

>> You've done him proud with your posts, keeping the rest of us updated.
>>
>> You are the epitome of a best friend.
>>
>> Blinky was very lucky.
>
> Thank you.
>
> This has been a tough quarter for me.

(Snip)

*Bloody* hell!!! :-(

> It may not be safe to be around me.

Hang tuff dude, things can *only* get better from here on in!!

..PeterL..

Mar 19, 2009, 2:11:52 AM3/19/09
Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:H5hwl.20786
$YU2....@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com:

Yep, it's certainly made us think over here. I'll be doing much the same
thing.

Aingon Atelia

Mar 19, 2009, 3:49:17 AM3/19/09

> Blinky's
>>>

>>> 3 things that are magically destined to be together forever!!

>>> I'm sure he would have. It would have hinged on what pizza though :-)
>>
>> I don't remember him ever meeting a pizza he didn't like.
>

> LOL!!! If it hasn't got pineapple on it, I love it :-)
>

>>> I'd never have thought of dart boards at my wake, so thanks for the
> idea.
>>>
>>> The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :-)
>>
>> Most people just stay near the toe line. :)
>

> ROFL!!!
>
> Smartass :-)

You expect less from Blinky's best friend? :)

>>> You've done him proud with your posts, keeping the rest of us updated.
>>>
>>> You are the epitome of a best friend.
>>>
>>> Blinky was very lucky.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> This has been a tough quarter for me.
>

> (Snip)
>

> *Bloody* hell!!! :-(
>

>> It may not be safe to be around me.
>>

> Hang tuff dude, things can *only* get better from here on in!!

Unless people keep dyin'.

Y'know, I don't *remember* changing into a black robe and carrying a scythe.

--

Aingon Aliblong Arownme

Bob Ward

Mar 19, 2009, 4:50:48 AM3/19/09

You know any lawyers you could hang with until you find out for sure?
Nobody would miss them...

Whiskers

Mar 19, 2009, 7:43:49 AM3/19/09
On 2009-03-19, Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[...]

>> The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back :-)
>
> Most people just stay near the toe line. :)

<http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-och1.htm>

[...]

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

OldGringo

Mar 19, 2009, 8:56:47 AM3/19/09
Two Cents To The Aingon Atelia Post:

> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was

> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
Thank You, and Good Luck.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Aardvark

Mar 19, 2009, 9:22:47 AM3/19/09
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:38:34 -0700, Aingon Atelia wrote:

>> The SO and I are dart throwers from way-back
>

> Most people just stay near the toe line.

The correct name of which is the 'oche' (pronounced 'okee' to rhyme with
'hockey'). :-)

FYI

Lisa Ann

Mar 19, 2009, 4:40:42 PM3/19/09
"Aingon Atelia" <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Good God, Walt, you don't happen to wear a huge black cloak and carry a
scythe around with you, do you?

Remind me to tell you about the 90s (for me) sometime. It was an entire
*decade* of shit, shit and more shit. And yet, I'm still not in prison, and
they only kept me in the psych ward for 10 days. And I swear I had nothing
to do with the deaths, honest.

Lisa Ann

Message has been deleted

Whiskers

Mar 20, 2009, 8:07:12 AM3/20/09
On 2009-03-19, Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[...]

> It may not be safe to be around me.
>
> AA/MZ

Quite the opposite, I'd say. You certainly seem to be getting a rough
time - for which you have my sincere sympathy (I'm still coming to terms
with my sister's death, a year ago). While others lean on you - make sure
you lean back.

Gord McFee

Mar 21, 2009, 10:48:09 AM3/21/09
On 3/16/2009 7:41 AM, dadiOH wrote:

> Aingon Atelia wrote:
>> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
>> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
>> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
>> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few
>> words, and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to
>> the grave site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was
>> placed in the ground.
>>

>> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate

>> Blinky's life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts,

>> and was pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have
>> approved.
>>

>> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.
>

> He was lucky to have a friend like you.

He was indeed.

Fare thee well, Blinky.

--
Best regards
Gord McFee

Aingon Atelia

Mar 21, 2009, 8:54:26 PM3/21/09

Actually, yeah...

--

Aingon Atelia aka Minkie Zeeber

Aingon Atelia

Mar 21, 2009, 8:58:06 PM3/21/09

> It may not be safe to be around me.

And now I'm sick! Wheeee!! <hack><sniffle>

Bob Ward

Mar 21, 2009, 9:06:09 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:58:06 -0700, Aingon Atelia
<aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> It may not be safe to be around me.
>
>And now I'm sick! Wheeee!! <hack><sniffle>

Don't you DARE tell us "Minkie was up on the roof..."

PeterL

Mar 21, 2009, 9:09:37 PM3/21/09
Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:X2gxl.16429
$as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

>> It may not be safe to be around me.
>
> And now I'm sick! Wheeee!! <hack><sniffle>

Go and sit your arse in a bloody hospital waiting room!!!!

Bill Turlock

Mar 22, 2009, 4:35:41 AM3/22/09
PeterL wrote:

> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:X2gxl.16429
> $as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:
>

> >> It may not be safe to be around me.
> >
> > And now I'm sick! Wheeee!! <hack><sniffle>
> >

> Go and sit your arse in a bloody hospital waiting room!!!!

Fer sher!

Aingon Atelia

Mar 22, 2009, 10:02:02 PM3/22/09

> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:X2gxl.16429
> $as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:
>

>>> It may not be safe to be around me.
>>
>> And now I'm sick! Wheeee!! <hack><sniffle>
>>

> Go and sit your arse in a bloody hospital waiting room!!!!

This one's just a cold, and is mostly passed already. Advil Cold &
Sinus rocks.

Mike Yetto

Mar 23, 2009, 7:50:21 AM3/23/09
Bada bing Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> bada bang:

>> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:X2gxl.16429
>> $as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

>>> And now I'm sick! Wheeee!! <hack><sniffle>
>>>

>> Go and sit your arse in a bloody hospital waiting room!!!!
>>

> This one's just a cold, and is mostly passed already. Advil Cold &
> Sinus rocks.

You *are* going to re-visit that analysis on a regular basis,
aren't you?

Mike "no famous last words needed" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
- William of Ockham

Frank Slootweg

Mar 25, 2009, 12:36:26 PM3/25/09
A tale of computers doing what you *tell* them to, not what you *want:

Apparently I missed quite a lot from this thread and two others
("Blinky's Memorial Tomorrow" and "Blinky The Shark"). I happened to
stumble on the rest when I browsed the log of my killfile. Most of the
(where in this (news.software.readers) case, N was 3).

I'm sure Blinky would have loved the irony!

Whiskers

Mar 25, 2009, 2:30:17 PM3/25/09

Blame your newsreader ;))

Frank Slootweg

Mar 25, 2009, 4:17:37 PM3/25/09

Nah, I could only blame my *rodent*! :-)

Whiskers

Mar 25, 2009, 4:49:43 PM3/25/09

But rodents have teeth ...

Adam Funk

Mar 26, 2009, 8:12:03 AM3/26/09

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

> I'm sure Blinky would have loved the irony!

Indeed.

--
Usenet is a cesspool, a dung heap. [Patrick A. Townson]

Aingon Atelia

Mar 29, 2009, 7:08:36 PM3/29/09

> Bada bing Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> bada bang:
>>

>>> Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:X2gxl.16429
>>> $as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

>>> Go and sit your arse in a bloody hospital waiting room!!!!
>>>

>> This one's just a cold, and is mostly passed already. Advil Cold &
>> Sinus rocks.
>>

> You *are* going to re-visit that analysis on a regular basis,
> aren't you?
>
> Mike "no famous last words needed" Yetto

I still think that Advil Cold & Sinus rocks. :)

Two weeks in, and I'm still here. Just the dregs of the sinus and chest
breakup crap. No low energy issues (beyond perpetual jet lag from my
shift rotation), appetite is good (had a huge Mexican breakfast thing
this morning- Yum!) no digestive issues (maybe from breakfast).
Post-nasal drip is a pain in the arse.

Bill Turlock

Mar 29, 2009, 7:18:01 PM3/29/09

too... many... targets...

Aingon Atelia

Mar 29, 2009, 7:22:34 PM3/29/09

Bill Turlock wrote:

Oop.

Mike Yetto

Mar 29, 2009, 9:14:35 PM3/29/09
Bada bing Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> bada bang:
> Post-nasal drip is a pain in the arse.

Check the bottle. I think it's _Nasal_ spray.

Mike "keep your pants on during use" Yetto

Aingon Atelia

Mar 30, 2009, 2:37:27 AM3/30/09

> Bada bing Aingon Atelia <aingon...@sbcglobal.net> bada bang:
>> Post-nasal drip is a pain in the arse.
>>

> Check the bottle. I think it's _Nasal_ spray.
>
> Mike "keep your pants on during use" Yetto

Harf.

John Hosking

Mar 30, 2009, 5:24:27 PM3/30/09
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:08:36 -0700, Aingon Atelia wrote:

> I still think that Advil Cold & Sinus rocks. :)
>
> Two weeks in, and I'm still here. Just the dregs of the sinus and chest
> breakup crap. No low energy issues (beyond perpetual jet lag from my
> shift rotation), appetite is good (had a huge Mexican breakfast thing
> this morning- Yum!) no digestive issues (maybe from breakfast).
> Post-nasal drip is a pain in the arse.

It's now more obvious than ever why Blinky liked you so much. You're a
straight man sent from heaven.

--
John
Watch out for oncoming sharks.

Aingon Atelia

Mar 30, 2009, 10:31:09 PM3/30/09

Dammit! :)

dilbert firestorm

Apr 8, 2009, 1:21:30 AM4/8/09
Aingon Atelia wrote:
> We laid Blinky to rest on Saturday. The service was nice, but short.
> Besides Lee's daughter Sara, his ex-wife Dee and her brother, a couple
> of older online friends were there, as well as a surprise guest of one
> of the AFC-A fellows. Sara read a short poem and then said a few words,
> and then there was some general discussion. Then we went to the grave
> site and watched as the box containing Blinky's ashes was placed in the
> ground.
>
> After the cemetery, the online friends and I went to celebrate Blinky's
> life over beer, pizza and darts. He did love to shoot darts, and was

> pretty good at it most days. I believe he would have approved.
>
> Bye, you big friggin' doof. I miss you a hundred times a day.

I've just been out of action for awhile, catching up whats going on in
cecil adams lala land.

Blinky passed away? When?

Aingon Atelia

Apr 8, 2009, 2:07:39 AM4/8/09

Blinky died unexpectedly from an as yet undetermined illness on Feb 1st.
He was cremated and buried in his family plot in Battle Creek, MI.

dilbert firestorm

Apr 8, 2009, 4:33:18 AM4/8/09
I'm sorry for your loss.

His death was certainly unexpected and he was an interesting guy for sure!

He is obviously missed by all those who knew him very well.

take care