pinto sport horse breeders

Shelley Fraser

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Hi!
Sorry for the previous post that was empty but I am new.
I am a coloured sport horse breeder for the past 18 years and am
just now getting on the wonderful world of the internet and am looking
for others out there.
I have a black bay/tobiano stallion by the name of Tah Wack Wi II who is registered with
APHA, PtHA and the first coloured stallion to pass the inspection for the
Canadaian sport horse registry.
Hoping to hear from those out there who love this kind of horse.

Shelley

c.b. timney

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Hi Shelley! Welcome Aboard.

Actually I'm into appies but I saw your stud's picture and thought to
myself that I would sure breed to this guy if I had a suitable mare.
He's gorgeous and it looks like he could do just about any discipline...
he's Canadian Sport Horse registered as well isn't he?

Carol B.

Sylvana Smith

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Shelley Fraser wrote:

> Hi!
> Sorry for the previous post that was empty but I am new.
> I am a coloured sport horse breeder for the past 18 years and am
> just now getting on the wonderful world of the internet and am looking
> for others out there.
> I have a black bay/tobiano stallion by the name of Tah Wack Wi II who is registered with
> APHA, PtHA and the first coloured stallion to pass the inspection for the
> Canadaian sport horse registry.
> Hoping to hear from those out there who love this kind of horse.

Shelley, I'm supposed to be helping my sister shop for exactly what you
are breeding, I presume: an attractive, athletic tobiano (the darker
the better) that would be suitable for dressage and eventing. So tell
me more! Any foals or young stock (3-5 yrs) on the ground?

--Sylvana

Jane H. Kilberg

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

In article <358EE6...@nt.com>, sylvan...@nt.com wrote:

> Shelley, I'm supposed to be helping my sister shop for exactly what you
> are breeding, I presume: an attractive, athletic tobiano (the darker
> the better) that would be suitable for dressage and eventing. So tell
> me more! Any foals or young stock (3-5 yrs) on the ground?

I doubt you'll go to Canada for a paint.

down the tejas trails....
jane kilberg & her GOS (Gang of Spots) in the great nation of tejas

WVK13

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

>Shelley, I'm supposed to be helping my sister shop for exactly what you
>are breeding, I presume: an attractive, athletic tobiano (the darker
>the better) that would be suitable for dressage and eventing. So tell
>me more! Any foals or young stock (3-5 yrs) on the ground?
>
>--Sylvana

After you've looked at what Shelly has, please contact me about mine. I have a
yearling Dwb/Tb filly by "Fine Art" he isdoing Grand Prix has been in the
Chronicle several times for his accomplishments and was on the cover of Equess
several years ago a 1/2 brother to "Art Deco" This filly is huge, Dk/Bay with
lots of white. She will mature to at least 17h. she is 15.3 now as a yearling
(in May) Big boned huge knees and hocks. Very flashy and she jumped over her
dam at one hour old!. Poor mom was exausted after giving birth to this thing,
so she was down for a while and the baby was up and running around the stall
jumping over mom when she came to her. She has a wonderful attitude. A friend
of mine came to see her Sunday and she was lying down in the pasture . She sat
on her right there and then. The filly looked at her and took a bite of some
grass. When she got off, she just laid there munching. That's the kind of
disposition she has. So please if you don't find what you want at Shellys save
my e-mail address. I am in Maryland.
Vk.

Petra

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

Jane H. Kilberg wrote

>I doubt you'll go to Canada for a paint.

Oh I don't know - I went to Poland :-) - not for a paint - for a tobiano
Warmblood though.

Petra

Margo Hepner-Hart

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

hey is this Shelley Fraser in British Columbia???

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:19:31 -0400, "c.b. timney"
<cbi...@julian.uwo.ca> wrote:

>On 22 Jun 1998, Shelley Fraser wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> Sorry for the previous post that was empty but I am new.
>> I am a coloured sport horse breeder for the past 18 years and am
>> just now getting on the wonderful world of the internet and am looking
>> for others out there.
>> I have a black bay/tobiano stallion by the name of Tah Wack Wi II who is registered with
>> APHA, PtHA and the first coloured stallion to pass the inspection for the
>> Canadaian sport horse registry.
>> Hoping to hear from those out there who love this kind of horse.
>

>Hi Shelley! Welcome Aboard.
>
>Actually I'm into appies but I saw your stud's picture and thought to
>myself that I would sure breed to this guy if I had a suitable mare.
>He's gorgeous and it looks like he could do just about any discipline...
>he's Canadian Sport Horse registered as well isn't he?
>
>Carol B.

http://www.teleport.com/~mhhorses/mhhorses.html

John R. Fisher

Jun 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/23/98

Jane H. Kilberg wrote:

> I doubt you'll go to Canada for a paint.

don't know about that... I got my TB stallion from Canada sight unseen. Also
an Irish Wolfhound!
Could be a new expression, like "I'd walk a mile for a Camel"
"I'd go to Canada for a Paint!"

John Fisher
with a decidedly un-painted Paint foal in Indiana

Sylvana Smith

Jun 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/25/98

Jane H. Kilberg wrote:

> In article <358EE6...@nt.com>, sylvan...@nt.com wrote:
>
> > Shelley, I'm supposed to be helping my sister shop for exactly what you
> > are breeding, I presume: an attractive, athletic tobiano (the darker
> > the better) that would be suitable for dressage and eventing. So tell
> > me more! Any foals or young stock (3-5 yrs) on the ground?
>
> I doubt you'll go to Canada for a paint.

Why wouldn't I, for the right individual? So far, 3,000 miles has been
the upper limit of my shopping range (Prima). Isn't Canada within 3,000
miles of the Eastern Seaboard!

--Sylvana

Sylvana Smith

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

WVK13 wrote:

sylvana smith wrote:
> >Shelley, I'm supposed to be helping my sister shop for exactly what you
> >are breeding, I presume: an attractive, athletic tobiano (the darker
> >the better) that would be suitable for dressage and eventing. So tell
> >me more! Any foals or young stock (3-5 yrs) on the ground?
> >

> After you've looked at what Shelly has, please contact me about mine. I have a
> yearling Dwb/Tb filly by "Fine Art" he isdoing Grand Prix has been in the
> Chronicle several times for his accomplishments and was on the cover of Equess
> several years ago a 1/2 brother to "Art Deco" This filly is huge, Dk/Bay with
> lots of white. She will mature to at least 17h. she is 15.3 now as a yearling
> (in May) Big boned huge knees and hocks. Very flashy and she jumped over her
> dam at one hour old!. Poor mom was exausted after giving birth to this thing,
> so she was down for a while and the baby was up and running around the stall
> jumping over mom when she came to her. She has a wonderful attitude. A friend
> of mine came to see her Sunday and she was lying down in the pasture . She sat
> on her right there and then. The filly looked at her and took a bite of some
> grass. When she got off, she just laid there munching. That's the kind of
> disposition she has. So please if you don't find what you want at Shellys save
> my e-mail address. I am in Maryland.

VK--Thanks so much for the information. She sounds lovely!

I am very familiar with Fine Art; he's in the stall next to my pony!
Yes, I keep two of my horses at Jim Koford's barn in Southern Pines, and
I see Fine Art ("Fred") every day that I'm there. The "Equus" cover
that you describe is framed and hangs above the barn aisle!

From the very first time Fine Art met Roadie, he decided Roadie was his
best friend, and has been extremely personable with him. With people,
he's always been the perfect gentleman, from what I've seen, and very
tractable around the barn and under saddle. In fact, he is handled most
frequently by a young woman no bigger than I am, who seems to have
absolutely no trouble with him, and he stands like an angel for the
farrier.

So, for his daughter to be sensible and personable... this does not
surprise me a bit!

I would certainly be interested in pics and more information. If you
have scanned photos, I can forward them to my sister. In addition, I'd
like to print them out, and with your permission, show them to Jim as
well. I'm sure he would like to see your filly, if you haven't already
sent updated pics to him!

--Sylvana

WVK13

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

>VK--Thanks so much for the information. She sounds lovely!
>
>I am very familiar with Fine Art; he's in the stall next to my pony!
>Yes, I keep two of my horses at Jim Koford's barn in Southern Pines, and
>I see Fine Art ("Fred") every day that I'm there. The "Equus" cover
>that you describe is framed and hangs above the barn aisle!
>
>From the very first time Fine Art met Roadie, he decided Roadie was his
>best friend, and has been extremely personable with him. With people,
>he's always been the perfect gentleman, from what I've seen, and very
>tractable around the barn and under saddle. In fact, he is handled most
>frequently by a young woman no bigger than I am, who seems to have
>absolutely no trouble with him, and he stands like an angel for the
>farrier.
>
>So, for his daughter to be sensible and personable... this does not
>surprise me a bit!
>
>I would certainly be interested in pics and more information. If you
>have scanned photos, I can forward them to my sister. In addition, I'd
>like to print them out, and with your permission, show them to Jim as
>well. I'm sure he would like to see your filly, if you haven't already
>sent updated pics to him!
>
>--Sylvana

Sylvana,
I can't believe it. The horse community certainly is small. He is a wonderful
horse. I saw him at Silverwood Farm in Va. and that's when I bred my mare. If
you see Jim he has a video of her when she was 4mos. Her name is Mocha Latte.
I am going to make a new one when this heat wave ends.
Also nugde him for me and find out when he's going to send my paperwork. I will
contact you via e-mail when I have something to send you. Hopefully soon.
Vicki

JScabin

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

I have a three year old by Hall of Fame (Art Deco's son) that I bred to a tb
mare that I had. He is a big splashy black and white paint and is a total pet,
loves people and is curious and very bright. I've just started him under
saddle. I'm also thinking of breeding another mare that I have to Gold Card,
who is a half brother to my paint gelding, and is a buckskin paint competing in
dressage here in Virginia.

julie

bodyb...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2013, 7:36:48 PM10/21/13
I'm looking for my first riding teacher Sylvana Smith, she taught me to love riding and I have been trying to find her for years. My name is Anna Bloodworth I still live in Bahama and have horses and children who are starting to ride.
Just wondering if this is the same Sylvana Smith, thanks, Anna

mdhob...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2016, 10:07:34 AM9/4/16
Hi Shelly, I know this post is from almost 20 years ago, but I thought I would they this link. I have a mare who is now 15 and is a granddaughter of your past stud Tah wack wi two. She has a wonderful disposition and a very lovely girl. She is my first horse at the age of 50 and a wonderful girl to learn on. She hasn't done much with her previous owners other than trail riding. I have had her for 3 yrs now and we are trying dressage. She will never be a show horse, but all I need is a calm horse.

I just thougt I would try this link and let you know there are still offspring out there from your amazing stallion. I was looking for video of him, but since he would be over 35 now I don't think think I will find any videos on line. Just thought I would drop a note.

Cheers
Monica