OT Gambling on presidential election

Why are people so cruel

Aug 26, 2012, 7:03:25 PM8/26/12
Anyone know of an online gambling site that is
offering odds on the outcome of the presidential
election?

Stormin Mormon

Aug 26, 2012, 8:22:10 PM8/26/12
I figure about 4:1 that Romney will get the votes he needs. Both from the
voters, and the electoral college.

About 6:1 that Obama will rig the election and serve a second term.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Why are people so cruel" <noon...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gunner

Aug 26, 2012, 10:49:24 PM8/26/12
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:22:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61***spam...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I figure about 4:1 that Romney will get the votes he needs. Both from the
>voters, and the electoral college.
>
>About 6:1 that Obama will rig the election and serve a second term.

At which point the Great Cull is guaranteed to occur and the US will
wind up with about 35% of its population dead and bulldozed into mass
graves.

Gunner

>Christopher A. Young
>Learn more about Jesus
> www.lds.org
>.
>
>"Why are people so cruel" <noon...@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>Anyone know of an online gambling site that is
>offering odds on the outcome of the presidential
>election?

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Richard

Aug 27, 2012, 9:23:13 AM8/27/12
On 8/26/2012 9:49 PM, Gunner wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:22:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
> <cayoung61***spam...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I figure about 4:1 that Romney will get the votes he needs. Both from the
>> voters, and the electoral college.
>>
>> About 6:1 that Obama will rig the election and serve a second term.
>
> At which point the Great Cull is guaranteed to occur and the US will
> wind up with about 35% of its population dead and bulldozed into mass
> graves.
>
> Gunner

Gunner,
What is with you and the Great Pumpkin???

Karl Townsend

Aug 27, 2012, 3:26:42 PM8/27/12

the two events are possible, but not probable. Exactly what will
happen when the moron in chief gets back in is hard to predict, but it
won't be pretty.

I asked an investment banker type, "What's the difference between
Greece and the USA?"

answer."About six years."

That great sucking sound you're hearing is our country going down the
toilet. IMHO, it won't make much difference which idiot we put in
power this Novemeber.

Karl

Larry Jaques

Aug 27, 2012, 5:36:30 PM8/27/12
On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:26:42 -0500, Karl Townsend
<karltown...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

>the two events are possible, but not probable. Exactly what will
>happen when the moron in chief gets back in is hard to predict, but it
>won't be pretty.
>
>I asked an investment banker type, "What's the difference between
>Greece and the USA?"
>

>answer."About six years."

That long, huh?

>That great sucking sound you're hearing is our country going down the
>toilet. IMHO, it won't make much difference which idiot we put in
>power this Novemeber.

Oh, but it will. If reelected, Obama is sure to let loose his worst
liberal mindset immediately which will set off that long-awaited
critical mass and the revolution (Gunner's Great Cull) will be off to
a much quicker start. Romney may delay that, causing even more damage
in the interim.

Is your house stocked up? Food, water, gasoline, candles, firewood,
clothes, ammo, knives, and other things you may need to defend
yourself from those who did not stock up? If not, stock up now and
get prepared.

P.S: I'd only be curmudgeonly if I were wrong. <sigh>

--
The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which
it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold.

Gunner

Aug 27, 2012, 6:35:58 PM8/27/12
On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:23:13 -0500, Richard <cave...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
Great Pumpkin? When did Charlie Brown come into the thread?

Gunner

Richard

Aug 27, 2012, 8:38:54 PM8/27/12
On 8/27/2012 4:36 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:26:42 -0500, Karl Townsend
> <karltown...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>

>> the two events are possible, but not probable. Exactly what will
>> happen when the moron in chief gets back in is hard to predict, but it
>> won't be pretty.
>>
>> I asked an investment banker type, "What's the difference between
>> Greece and the USA?"
>>

>> answer."About six years."
>
> That long, huh?

No, not even that long.

watch it and weep...

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Gunner

Aug 27, 2012, 10:22:00 PM8/27/12
On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:36:30 -0700, Larry Jaques
<lja...@invalid.diversifycomm.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:26:42 -0500, Karl Townsend
><karltown...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>

>>the two events are possible, but not probable. Exactly what will
>>happen when the moron in chief gets back in is hard to predict, but it
>>won't be pretty.
>>
>>I asked an investment banker type, "What's the difference between
>>Greece and the USA?"
>>

>>answer."About six years."
>
>That long, huh?
>

>>That great sucking sound you're hearing is our country going down the
>>toilet. IMHO, it won't make much difference which idiot we put in
>>power this Novemeber.
>
>Oh, but it will. If reelected, Obama is sure to let loose his worst
>liberal mindset immediately which will set off that long-awaited
>critical mass and the revolution (Gunner's Great Cull) will be off to
>a much quicker start. Romney may delay that, causing even more damage
>in the interim.
>
>Is your house stocked up? Food, water, gasoline, candles, firewood,
>clothes, ammo, knives, and other things you may need to defend
>yourself from those who did not stock up? If not, stock up now and
>get prepared.
>
>P.S: I'd only be curmudgeonly if I were wrong. <sigh>

Excellent advise.

Its going to be a VERY bumpy road ahead.

Be glad you live in rural climes. The cites will become
slaughterhouses

Gunner

Richard

Aug 27, 2012, 11:02:35 PM8/27/12
On 8/27/2012 9:22 PM, Gunner wrote:

> Excellent advise.
>
> Its going to be a VERY bumpy road ahead.

There is no road ahead.

Did you check the video?

This link still works... for now.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

> Be glad you live in rural climes. The cites will become
> slaughterhouses

They will come for you too...

> Gunner

Gunner

Aug 28, 2012, 5:54:22 AM8/28/12
On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:02:35 -0500, Richard <cave...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
Let them come. Its a small town..filled with hard core conservatives
with LOTS of guns.

They may take it..but the casualties will be memorable.

There are at least 4 militia groups..5 if you count the 10 guys who
belong to the white supremists..but they will get wiped out by the
other 4 very early on. We dont much care for those sorts of people.

The county itself...is very very red.

Gunner

Richard

Aug 28, 2012, 11:37:03 AM8/28/12
On 8/28/2012 4:54 AM, Gunner wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:02:35 -0500, Richard<cave...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 8/27/2012 9:22 PM, Gunner wrote:
>>>

>>> Excellent advise.
>>>
>>> Its going to be a VERY bumpy road ahead.
>>>

>> There is no road ahead.
>>
>> Did you check the video?
>>
>> This link still works... for now.
>>
>> http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0
>>
>>> Be glad you live in rural climes. The cites will become
>>> slaughterhouses
>>
>> They will come for you too...
>
> Let them come. Its a small town..filled with hard core conservatives
> with LOTS of guns.
>
> They may take it..but the casualties will be memorable.
>
> There are at least 4 militia groups..5 if you count the 10 guys who
> belong to the white supremists..but they will get wiped out by the
> other 4 very early on. We dont much care for those sorts of people.
>

> The county itself...is very very red.
>
> Gunner

Gunner, we see this happening from very different perspectives.
You seem to think it will be the looters coming for you.
maybe so, maybe no.
But that's small potatoes.

But what I foresee is the federal government moving to put down
any kind of resistance and take control of all available resources.

Taft has oil.
They will take it.

You can't defend against an army.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 28, 2012, 1:38:36 PM8/28/12
Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com> on Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:54:22 -0700 typed

>>> Be glad you live in rural climes. The cites will become
>>> slaughterhouses
>>
>>They will come for you too...
>
>Let them come. Its a small town..filled with hard core conservatives
>with LOTS of guns.
>
>They may take it..but the casualties will be memorable.
>
>There are at least 4 militia groups..5 if you count the 10 guys who
>belong to the white supremists..but they will get wiped out by the
>other 4 very early on. We dont much care for those sorts of people.

Put them on point, or the blocking force, the "forlorn hope". Let
them be useful idiots.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the

Gunner

Aug 28, 2012, 4:59:09 PM8/28/12
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:37:03 -0500, Richard <cave...@earthlink.net>
/
Actually...no. Thats why I live where I live. Far from the looters and
scooters and in the middle of a national resource..PROTECTED by the
Government

>But what I foresee is the federal government moving to put down
>any kind of resistance and take control of all available resources.

What resistance? They treat us right..we keep giving them the oil.
They step on us..we shut down the oil.

It pretty much depends on the attitude of the government and its
enforcers.

About 2000 lbs of energetic exothermic compounds and the oil fields
get shut down for a very very long time. Shrug... Practical
Engineering is a fun thing.

>Taft has oil.
>They will take it.
>
>You can't defend against an army.

But when the army is there to defend us?

Gunner

--
The essential differences between liberals and conservtives
is that liberals could not exist without conservtives to defend

Conservatives on the other hand, can exist and
live quite well without liberals."

Gunner

Aug 28, 2012, 5:03:29 PM8/28/12
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:38:36 -0700, pyotr filipivich
<ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com> on Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:54:22 -0700 typed
>in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

>>>They will come for you too...
>>
>>Let them come. Its a small town..filled with hard core conservatives
>>with LOTS of guns.
>>
>>They may take it..but the casualties will be memorable.
>>
>>There are at least 4 militia groups..5 if you count the 10 guys who
>>belong to the white supremists..but they will get wiped out by the
>>other 4 very early on. We dont much care for those sorts of people.
>
> Put them on point, or the blocking force, the "forlorn hope". Let
>them be useful idiots.

Thats a pretty good idea actually. Put them on the top of the
Grapevine and let them be the Greeters for the hordes coming north
from the LA Basin.

They either learn to deal with the minorities..or be driven into the
mud as a greasy smear.

Works for me.

Im gonna submit your name to the Emperor as a top Generalismo in his
Council! Great! benefits and lots of slave girls to do your laundry.

Gunner

>--
>pyotr
>Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And
>you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
>question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
>does it take to change a lightbulb.

Richard

Aug 28, 2012, 8:17:56 PM8/28/12
You won't last a day.

> It pretty much depends on the attitude of the government and its
> enforcers.
>
> About 2000 lbs of energetic exothermic compounds and the oil fields
> get shut down for a very very long time. Shrug... Practical
> Engineering is a fun thing.

No way.
You'll never have a chance to play.

Just because such a thing is possible, it WILL be guarded against.

>> Taft has oil.
>> They will take it.
>>
>> You can't defend against an army.
>
> But when the army is there to defend us?
>
> Gunner

You are missing the point, bud.

If you aren't under orders (ie under discipline) they will sweep you
away without a second thought.

All this time I think you have believed that the "Great Cull" would
remove all the people you despise.
But that's not how I think it will play out.

I think the Great Cull will be to eleminate all (ALL) of the litle
people. Thoes people not under direct discipline.

Like you.
And me.

The aim will be to protect and preserve the federal government -
at any cost.

You are not part of them.

Neither am I.

Gunner

Aug 29, 2012, 1:20:15 AM8/29/12
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:17:56 -0500, Richard <cave...@earthlink.net>
Then they wont pump any oil. Its a very very big oil field. 125 miles
long..25 miles deep. Lots of major pipelines and steam generation
units..all gas or oil fired.

A day...<G>...a monty..<BG>...a year....<VBG>

The choice is entirely theirs.

>> It pretty much depends on the attitude of the government and its
>> enforcers.
>>
>> About 2000 lbs of energetic exothermic compounds and the oil fields
>> get shut down for a very very long time. Shrug... Practical
>> Engineering is a fun thing.
>>

>No way.
>You'll never have a chance to play.

Moi? Ill be doing paperwork in an office somewhere. On my off
time..Ill be sitting on the front porch, feet up on the rail...playing
happy riffs with each report of a stopage, leakage or burning lease on
a lease somewhere.

>Just because such a thing is possible, it WILL be guarded against.
>

>>> Taft has oil.
>>> They will take it.
>>>
>>> You can't defend against an army.
>>
>> But when the army is there to defend us?
>>
>> Gunner
>>

>You are missing the point, bud.
>
>If you aren't under orders (ie under discipline) they will sweep you
>away without a second thought.

Got to be folks to operate the equipment..the wells, the pipelines,
the electrical, the water wells, the steam genrators and so on and so
forth.

Its rather specialized work. Think a kid in the Army from Demoines is
gonna know how to rebuild a Worthington 14-35 transfer pump the size
of a tractor trailer?

>All this time I think you have believed that the "Great Cull" would
>remove all the people you despise.
>But that's not how I think it will play out.

Time will tell. Shrug. There are so few people here in my area who
will be Culled...its not an issue.

>I think the Great Cull will be to eleminate all (ALL) of the litle
>people. Thoes people not under direct discipline.

Shrug..then they really have to get the Chinese to come in, learn the
equipment, fix all the stuff thats been sabotaged to blow when they
start it..and then run the 125mile x 25 mile collection of leases,
wells, pumps, pipelines and so forth. Which isnt an option.

They are smart..they will simply give vouchers for payment..New
Dollars or some such to the workers who can buy at local store..and
nothing changes at the local level. A few more green motorvehicles..a
few more armed soldiers..but nothing much unusual.

If they are smart. If not...Americans can be real..assholes.

>Like you.
>And me.
>
>The aim will be to protect and preserve the federal government -
>at any cost.
>
>You are not part of them.
>
>Neither am I.

So where are they gonna get the troop tos run the oil fields? And the
experience and knowlege?

Piss off enough people..and they wont have any oil fields to run.
Shrug

We live in interesting times..and they are about to get even more
interesting.

Got food?

Richard

Aug 29, 2012, 8:28:26 AM8/29/12
On 8/29/2012 12:20 AM, Gunner wrote:

> So where are they gonna get the troop tos run the oil fields? And the
> experience and knowlege?
>
> Piss off enough people..and they wont have any oil fields to run.
> Shrug
>
> We live in interesting times..and they are about to get even more
> interesting.
>
> Got food?
>
> Gunner

There, at the very end, you actually got real close to figuring it out.

Feed a man's family when there is nothing else to eat, he will do
anything you tell him to do.

Like it or not.

Think feudal times...

They were interesting times too.

John B.

Aug 29, 2012, 8:43:33 AM8/29/12
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:20:15 -0700, Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com>
You are being very insular. When the Kuwait fields needed fixing they
put the word out and Bechtel had 100% manning in about a month. Oil
field hands are all over the world. I know a guy been working in Tibet
for a few years. He tells me that the usual rig crew is nearly 100%
Tebitians these days. Certainly every country in Asia has trained
people.

As for housing and food, just do the same thing that they do now in
remote areas - fly in the porta-camps and the refrigerated containers
right along with the people.

Gunner

Aug 29, 2012, 11:06:42 AM8/29/12
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 07:28:26 -0500, Richard <cave...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
Ayup. But tossing out all the oil workers is not in the cards. They
are the skilled ones you are not going to replace with troops. Seebees
or not...there simply arent enough of them. Shrug

It would be far easier to replace production line guys at GM than it
would oilfield workers

Gunner

Aug 29, 2012, 12:14:11 PM8/29/12
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:43:33 +0700, John B. <johnbs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>We live in interesting times..and they are about to get even more
>>interesting.
>>
>>Got food?
>>
>>Gunner
>
>You are being very insular. When the Kuwait fields needed fixing they
>put the word out and Bechtel had 100% manning in about a month. Oil
>field hands are all over the world. I know a guy been working in Tibet
>for a few years. He tells me that the usual rig crew is nearly 100%
>Tebitians these days. Certainly every country in Asia has trained
>people.
>
>As for housing and food, just do the same thing that they do now in
>remote areas - fly in the porta-camps and the refrigerated containers
>right along with the people.

Ayup. So the government ..for the sake of security..is going to get
rid of the existing workers and bring in workers from around the
world?

That in itself is an interesting comment. Think a bit deeper next time
the subject comes up.

And yes..rig crews can be trained in a week. Thats only a tiny tip of
the iceberg

http://www.oiljobs411.com/types-of-oil-jobs.html

Check on the Left side of the screen for a partial listing of job
divisions..then read the text.

Once a well is planned...it takes dozer operators, rathole drillers
and plumbing crews to simply set up the site. Then the truckdrivers,
rig movers and engineers come in and set up the rig. The drilling crew
comes in, and drills. Drilling requires many many tanker drivers,
drilling engineers, geologists and so forth. When the well is
drilled..the crew has to then take the rig down and move it off
location. Then the fun starts. Well has to be fractured, pipe has to
be perforated, while the pipe is run to a storage tank (which has to
be concrete base poured, tank constructed..or plumbed into an existing
lease plumbing system. Then the oil has to be pumped to a central tank
farm, then pumped or trucked to a refinery. The myrid bits and pieces
in an average oilfield, particularly like ours..second generation
recovery...using steam flood...means all the easy to get out oil is
gone..and now the sticky nasty tar like oil is left. So they have to
run steam lines to the wells..for example...4 wells in a square, are
fed highpressure steam..which migrates through the formation..which
thins out the oil..and it pushes the thin oil to the well in the
center of the other 4. That means steam generators (which here are
Co-Gen..they generate electricity with it..long lines of steam
pipes..miles long and insulated under sheetmetal wrapped around the
pipe..and long lines of insulated lines leading back to recovery
tanks. If the oil cools...it becomes very very thick again. Think
molasses. So the recovery tanks must be kept hot..the oil is then
pumped into tanker trucks (insulated) and then driven to refineries
many miles away. Bakersfield, Long Beach and so on.

Every well has to have electricity just for the pump, every well has
telemetry, usually radio/microwave. Every pipeline has to have
telemetry, gate valves, some manual, some remote control, diverter
tanks, water tanks, water treatment plants to supply soft water to the
steam generators and on an on and on. Every morning..about 10,000
motor vehicles, crew trucks, tankers and so forth leave Bakersfield
and drive the 40 or so miles to my area. At 2:30 pm the afternoon crew
passes the morning crew going home. Lots and lots of people, vehicles
and so forth travel back and forth.

Now the engineering is well established so the oil is not high
maintenence. Once they set up a well or field...much of it runs by
itself. Steam generators, co gen plants, water treatment plants...all
are run by highly skilled guys in pickup trucks. Problems that crop
up..require crews of up to 10 or more people. Transfer pumps push oil
from Taft to Bakersfield and down to So. Cal. Fleets of double tanker
trucks...8000 or more make daily runs to So. Cal to carry oil..raw oil
to Long Beach and so forth. Each trucking company has huge service
shops and bays to keep those trucks running, all require mechanics,
welders and so forth. Machine shops make parts and replacement items
for the thousands of different valves, headers, manifolds, pumping
units, etc etc

Its like a huge watch with literally millions of parts. When all is
good..it all runs nicely. When something bad happens, things kick
into high gear. When Multiple bad things happen...things start slowing
down..not enough people to cover all the problems that can crop up.
When multiple really bad things happen...that watch simply..stops.

Everything is fixable. Most things are designed to last decades or
more. Pumps that were made in the 1930s are still used everyday.
Gunner

This is simply (1) lease..out of many many hundreds of leases

http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/atrc/files/2012/04/KernRiverx1024.png

Save it..zoom in..and in and in....<VBG>

Steam generators on (1) lease

http://edwardburtynsky.com/WORKS/Oil/Oil_Book/EXTRACTION_and_REFINEMENT/009-OLF_17_02_Oil.jpg

Here are a few decent photos of small parts of the oilfields here

http://tomclarkblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/edward-burtynsky-oil-extraction-and.html

25 Hill, above my home

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44931381@N05/6670132201/

4 miles from my home

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raphaelmazor/3398863863/

"
Midway-Sunset Oil Field

As viewed from Mocal Road.

"The Midway-Sunset Oil Field is the third largest oil field in the US,
and includes much of southwestern Kern County. It is managed by Plains
Exploration and Production Company, and produces petroleum for
Chevron.

The nearby towns of Taft and Mocal pride themselves on the profits and
industry provided by the oil companies. A drive through downtown Taft
had me question those benefits.

I wish I had a wide-angle lens.
The entire region covers maybe 100 square miles, all of it covered
with derricks of multiple sizes, and other accoutrements of oil
production. This land clearly dwarfs my previous reference for
industrial apcocalypse (i.e., the harbor area of LA)."

And she was simply talking about the Mocal lease....just one of many.

More photos.

http://www.bloomberg.com/image/icYKnLAbBaQM.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000DRBXodYLH7Q/s/750/750/20080514-Oildale-0015.jpg

http://www.photopilot.com/blog/media/blogs/photo/Oil-Fields.jpg

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/62553/62553,1144240307,3/stock-photo-oilfields-kern-county-california-1166725.jpg

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/07/15/35/1890127/12/628x471.jpg

http://www.airphotona.com/stockimg/images/11525.jpg

http://d3vs4613l1445x.cloudfront.net/archive/x321828772/robin-ah-2-JPG/g320258000000000000650d877473e1bf6bbf4c96f20a2cefcb540be52d.jpg

Some photos of a very small vignetts of my town.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/rA6bHKAFtWb/Surging+Oil+Industry+Brings+Opportunity+Rural/

Btw...there is Taft, South Taft, Taft Heights and Ford City..all in
one lump...so the population is about 14,000-19,000. The City itself
is 6,500. I live in South Taft. The poor section <G>

Down from 90.000 during the good years.

They have been punching wells and producing oil here since 1907 or
before.

Some bad years...a lot of good ones for this little place

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/petroleum/map_california_oil_fields.html

I moved here in 1983..moved down from the Coalinga Oilfields when the
earthquake took Coalinga out.

http://www.yuprocks.com/earthquake_pictures/coalinga_earthquake_1.shtml

Then in 1985..the price of oil went down to $8 a barrel. The town
virtually died. Hell..the oil industry in the US died. No wells were
drilled. Equipment, vac trucks, drilling rigs, literal mountains of
pipe was scrapped or sold out of the US. Its only been in the past 3
yrs that the price of oil, particuarly secondary recovery oil...has
risen above the cost to produce it.

Its been a very interesting and very rough ride for the industry, my
town..and me.

Michael A. Terrell

Aug 29, 2012, 3:17:06 PM8/29/12

Gunner wrote:

> Ayup. But tossing out all the oil workers is not in the cards. They
> are the skilled ones you are not going to replace with troops. Seebees
> or not...there simply arent enough of them. Shrug
>
> It would be far easier to replace production line guys at GM than it
> would oilfield workers

That's like the crap they tried to feed us at Greely. Every time any
US military installation went on alert, they would tell us the Russians
were coming across the Bering Straits to capture the small base. I had
to have my M16 with me at the Radio & TV station, to 'keep the ruskies
from capturing it'. I would laugh and asked what the hell they would
want with two stations that could barely get on the air, and had over
80% of the equipment waiting for repairs. They tried to convince me they
would have a team of engineers & all the parts they would need to fix
everything, which was interesting since most of the needed parts were
NLA.

I could see the military driving trucks, or even driving some
locomotives but the grunt is an outdated concept. Too many are so
specialized that they might as well be union members.