Prijon Yukon Expedition for sale, Washington DC area

Antony DiGiovanni

Dec 29, 2010, 11:03:22 PM12/29/10

Lightly used 3 year old red Prijon Yukon Expedition Kayak with rudder.
I'm only selling this because I'm getting a tandem kayak and don't have
space to store 2 kayaks. Sells new for $1,600 (plus rudder) - I am
seeking
$1,000 obo. This boat is located in the Washington DC area.

The Prijon Yukon Expedition is the all-terrain vehicle of kayaks,
legendary for its versatility, and is the boat of choice for a
multi-day river adventure. Shorter and wider than most expedition
kayaks, the supremely stable and agile Yukon is ideal for river
touring, but performs more than respectably on lakes or oceans. Carve,
turn, and track with this versatile trihedral hull. Its features
include raised decks for more volume, sleek expedition lines, and
whitewater capabilities (rated for class IV). The flush-to-the-deck
hatches eliminate water & wind resistance and the possibility of
snags. Fixed internal foam bulkhead further enhance stability. The bow
& stern hatches, made with neoprene, hard plastic, and quick-release
webbing straps, hold all kinds of gear. Sit back and relax the roomy
cockpit. The only no-compromise, go-anywhere expedition kayak
available.

Hull Material: Plastic
Length: 14' 5" (441cm)
Width: 25" (63cm)
Weight: 59lb (27kg)
Cockpit: 36" x 18" (91cm x 45cm)
Storage Volume: 8700cu in (142L)
Maximum Load: 285lb + 200lb (220kg)
Hatch Type: Hard plastic, neoprene
Recommended Use: River expeditions, open-water travel
Paddler Skill: Beginner to advanced

Links to pictures of the kayak: (notice these are the kayak without
the rudder)
http://www.backcountrystore.com/stor...ml?id=vhiFTMc9
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...ref er=prijon

Reviews of the kayak:
http://www.epinions.com/content_82140958340
http://www.epinions.com/otdr-review-...38E01EAD-prod4
http://www.epinions.com/content_70885871236
http://www.brown-web.net/kayak/Revie...Expedition.htm

links to rudder ($200 add on):
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...refe r=prijon

--
Antony DiGiovanni

madison...@gmail.com

May 9, 2020, 11:40:07 AM5/9/20
Hi anthoney,

I was messaging to inquire about the kayak if by any stroke of luck it was still available. I would love some closure please get back to me.

Best,
Caden

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

May 13, 2020, 11:48:43 AM5/13/20
madison...@gmail.com wrote:
>Hi anthoney,

>I was messaging to inquire about the kayak if by any stroke of luck it was still available. I would love some closure please get back to me.

I have a Prijon Tornada if you are interested.

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

May 14, 2020, 1:13:03 AM5/14/20
Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
>madison...@gmail.com wrote:
>>Hi anthoney,

>>I was messaging to inquire about the kayak if by any stroke of luck it was still available. I would love some closure please get back to me.

>I have a Prijon Tornada if you are interested.

I should add it's lived much of its life in my crawl space so its not stored
in sunlight (no windows in crawl space). It has been on rivers and creeks
before.

I also have a Daggar Caption if someone is interested (also stored indoors
on a pully system in my garage).

The Caption is outfitted with twin removeable saddles that can be reconfigured
to solo with bags at both ends.

With grandkids we are holding onto the recreational boats and the whitewater
sit-on-tops but above 2 boats haven't been in the water for years.