Supreme Court Nominee - bike commuter

Siddarth Subramanian

May 14, 1994, 1:19:24 PM5/14/94
I just caught something that I thought others in this group would be
interested to hear: according to this morning's paper, Stephen
Breyer's Volvo sits rusting in his yard with its hubcaps missing; he
rides his bicycle to work.

--
Siddarth Subramanian
sidd...@cs.utexas.edu

jaco...@delphi.com

May 14, 1994, 8:41:34 PM5/14/94
Siddarth Subramanian <sidd...@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

>I just caught something that I thought others in this group would be
>interested to hear: according to this morning's paper, Stephen
>Breyer's Volvo sits rusting in his yard with its hubcaps missing; he
>rides his bicycle to work.

His bike might annoy techy types--it's a 3 speed!

Me, I'm glad there is one less V***o on the road.
Peter Jacobsen
Jaco...@Delphi.com
Orange, CA, USA

Ilana Stern

May 16, 1994, 3:43:55 PM5/16/94
Just about every newspaper article I've seen about Breyer mentions
he's an avid bicycle commuter. I think it's a shame that this is so
uncommon that the fact needs mentioning.

--
/\ "McMurdo has interesting properties, sort | dod#0009 cliff swallow
\_][ of like polyethylene oxide." -- E. Miya | il...@ncar.ucar.edu

Gordon D. Renkes

May 16, 1994, 5:15:21 PM5/16/94
One colleague, Stanford Law Professor Kathleen Sullivan said of him,
"He may ride a bicycle to work, but his mind works at top speed."

I guess she hasn't made the connection like he has.

Gordon Renkes renk...@osu.edu
THE Ohio State University
120 West 18th Avenue
Columbus Ohio 43210
USA "Just the FAQ's, Ma'am"

jaco...@delphi.com

May 17, 1994, 12:11:24 AM5/17/94
Does anyone know more details about his riding. I heard second-hand that
he was in a car collision when the last Supreme Court vacancy opened, and
therefore was not considered then. Does anyone know about this collision?