Stephen Colbert in Hot Water Over "Homophobic" Donald Trump Joke

Ubiquitous

May 3, 2017, 7:13:32 AM5/3/17
“Late Show” host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash for a joke he
made about President Donald Trump on Monday night that many are
calling “homophobic.”

During his opening monologue, Colbert went off on Trump over the
President’s treatment of CBS News’ John Dickerson, who saw an
interview with Trump abruptly ended when he asked about the
President’s unproven claims that then-President Obama had wiretapped
Trump and members of his campaign. As Dickerson and Colbert are both
CBS employees, Colbert felt it his duty to say the things Dickerson
himself could not.

https://youtu.be/HaHwlSTqA7s

“Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,” Colbert said
near the end of the insult-laden rant. “You have more people
marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language
gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth
is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c–k holster.” The final remark
has drawn the internet’s ire, with viewers taking to social media to
declare Colbert is homophobic.The hashtag #FireColbert began
spreading around Twitter, along with calls for people to boycott
sponsors of the late-night show.

CBS did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment.

Of course, this is not the first time Colbert has been the subject
of a campaign to get him pulled off the air. Back in 2014 when he
was hosting “The Colbert Report” on Comedy Central, that show’s
official Twitter account posted a message saying, ““I am willing to
show Asian community I care by introducing the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong
Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever.” The tweet was
meant to satirize Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snider, who
started a charity to benefit Native Americans. Many perceived the
tweet as a racist assault on Asians and Asian-Americans, leading to
the creation of the hashtag #CancelColbert. Colbert reveled in the
controversy, however, even promoting it on future episodes of “The
Colbert Report.”

If and how he will respond to the current firestorm remains to be
seen. Read some of the reactions to Colbert’s joke below.

Waaaaaaay over the line. Needs to issue a formal apology &
go on several weeks of UNPAID leave. Else, #FireColbert.
https://t.co/CcD09EHtvn
— skjult (@skjultster) May 2, 2017

Unfunny show has now become a disgusting show.
Turning off CBS. #FireColbert
— Daniel Doran (@danielktdoran) May 2, 2017

#FireColbert Anti-American. Homophobic. Bigot.
— TheyLIVE (@zsazsagogrl) May 2, 2017

You know, it's time to #FireColbert cos if this was Rush
saying this about Obama his head would roll. It's time to
level the playing field https://t.co/SwXHHFFb3c
— Jake Taylor (@Number7Catches) May 2, 2017

On one hand, @JimmyKimmelLive tugging at the heartstrings
with genuine feels. On the other, homophobic
@colbertlateshow. #FireColbert
— REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (@muhfeefees) May 2, 2017

#FIRECOLBERT His remarks about our president were
disgusting even for him.
— Claricia Quinn (@ClariciaQ) May 2, 2017

@JackPosobiec @d_seaman That's really out of line. Won't
watch Colbert again. Don't like his show anyway. So
politically correct until it comes 2 this? #FireColbert
— Candy (@Candlest) May 2, 2017

@StephenAtHome
You're a scumbag.
#firecolbert
— Ise Malaka (@ise_malaka) May 2, 2017

@StephenAtHome Totally unacceptable and shameful to speak
of our Commander In Chief that way #FIRECOLBERT
— Dantrell Dawson III (@blkamerican1) May 2, 2017

#BeamMeUpScotty

May 3, 2017, 9:59:43 AM5/3/17
On 05/02/2017 08:10 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> “Late Show” host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash for a joke he
> made about President Donald Trump on Monday night that many are
> calling “homophobic.”
>
> During his opening monologue, Colbert went off on Trump over the
> President’s treatment of CBS News’ John Dickerson, who saw an
> interview with Trump abruptly ended when he asked about the
> President’s unproven claims that then-President Obama had wiretapped
> Trump and members of his campaign.

And yet the wiretap was shown to have happened when Flynn and other
TRUMP associates were tapped in one way or another, perhaps the words
"illegally spied on Trump" and then they proved it by unmasking and
leaking the classified and apparently illegally exposed the privacy of
Americans and a Illegally spied on Trump is a better description but
it's just semantics, we all know that what ever you call it it was illegal.

--
That's Karma

Bast

May 3, 2017, 10:28:51 AM5/3/17
Colbert is a jackass. who never was funny, even with a room full of joke
writers
It was only a matter of time until he proved it to the world.

But I'm sure he appeals to the same group that embraces feminist poetry

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=feminist+singing

RichA

May 3, 2017, 10:45:05 AM5/3/17
On Wednesday, 3 May 2017 07:13:32 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> “Late Show” host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash for a joke he
> made about President Donald Trump on Monday night that many are
> calling “homophobic.”
>
> During his opening monologue, Colbert went off on Trump over the
> President’s treatment of CBS News’ John Dickerson, who saw an
> interview with Trump abruptly ended when he asked about the
> President’s unproven claims that then-President Obama had wiretapped
> Trump and members of his campaign. As Dickerson and Colbert are both
> CBS employees, Colbert felt it his duty to say the things Dickerson
> himself could not.
>
> https://youtu.be/HaHwlSTqA7s
>
> “Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,” Colbert said
> near the end of the insult-laden rant. “You have more people
> marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language
> gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth
> is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c–k holster.” The final remark
> has drawn the internet’s ire, with viewers taking to social media to
> declare Colbert is homophobic.

But there are leftists here who outwardly appearing to defend every "downtrodden" minority resort to anti-gay slurs whenever a conservative says something they don't like. It's called being a HYPOCRITE.

trotsky

May 3, 2017, 2:13:02 PM5/3/17
Did Sarah Palin help you write that?

FPP

May 3, 2017, 5:57:20 PM5/3/17
On 5/2/17 8:10 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Late Show” host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash

What "backlash"? The campaign on Fox News?

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

--
"Mike Pence will lead Trump's transition team. Which is weird, because
normally when people transition, Pence sends them to conversion

FPP

May 3, 2017, 6:01:11 PM5/3/17
Is that why Flynn is begging for immunity? Because he's the aggrieved
party?
It's not illegal when they get a warrant, Scotty.

And, moron... the "unmasking" was also a normal legal operation.

You know who can put this to rest in 10 seconds, right? The President
of the United States. He can declassify anything he wants, and release
it to the public.

You know why he doesn't do it, Scotty? Because some of his people would
be going to jail, that's why.

Hass

May 3, 2017, 7:09:34 PM5/3/17
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 4:57:20 PM UTC-5, FPP wrote:
> On 5/2/17 8:10 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> > Late Show” host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash
>
> What "backlash"? The campaign on Fox News?

Btw, with O'Reilly ousted and humiliated, who will be the main fighter for this year's War on Christmas?

BTR1701

May 3, 2017, 8:49:41 PM5/3/17
In article <oedjhq$c2m$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/2/17 8:10 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> > Late Show² host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash
>
> What "backlash"? The campaign on Fox News?

I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.

Imagine if Colbert had attempted to insult Trump by saying he's such an
asshole it's almost like he's a black person.

Yet 'sensitive and diverse' progs think nothing of using homophobic
slurs to denigrate their opponents. We have one in this very newsgroup:
Trotsky the Hutt can't go 24 hours without accusing someone he hates
with being gay. Yet he's a self-proclaimed leftist-- a supposedly
'sensitive and diverse' one, one assumes.

Josh Rosenbluth

May 3, 2017, 10:00:02 PM5/3/17
On 5/3/2017 5:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oedjhq$c2m$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/2/17 8:10 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>>> Late Show² host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash
>>
>> What "backlash"? The campaign on Fox News?
>
> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.

"The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock
holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay, nor is it a slur at
gays. It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.

Boy, do I miss George Carlin who taught us context means everything.

BTR1701

May 3, 2017, 11:31:44 PM5/3/17
In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On 5/3/2017 5:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <oedjhq$c2m$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> What "backlash"? The campaign on Fox News?
> >
> > I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
> > the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
> > is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
> > nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>
> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin零 cock
> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay

Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
is a homosexual act.

> It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.

So a guy sucking another guy's dick is a metaphor for being a sycophant?
How the hell is that not denigrating to gays?

If Colbert tried to make a metaphor that being black was the equivalent
of being a sycophant, the pearl-clutching would be stupendous to behold.
Yet it's okay to draw that allusion to being gay? [Unless you're trying
to suggest that when females suck dick they're also being sycophants, in
which case (1) I don't believe you, and (2) that doesn't make any sense.]

Josh Rosenbluth

May 4, 2017, 12:13:13 AM5/4/17
On 5/3/2017 8:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2017 5:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
>>> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
>>> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
>>> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>>
>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin¹s cock
>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay
>
> Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
> is a homosexual act.
>
>> It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
>
> So a guy sucking another guy's dick is a metaphor for being a sycophant?

In this context, yes (Please come back, George Carlin).

> How the hell is that not denigrating to gays?

It has nothing to do with Trump or Putin's sexuality. It's only about
who is the master and who is slave.

> If Colbert tried to make a metaphor that being black was the equivalent
> of being a sycophant, the pearl-clutching would be stupendous to behold.

Colbert didn't say that *being* gay was the equivalent of being a sycophant.

> Yet it's okay to draw that allusion to being gay? [Unless you're trying
> to suggest that when females suck dick they're also being sycophants, in
> which case (1) I don't believe you, and (2) that doesn't make any sense.]

If Merkel was the sycophant, then the same joke would apply to her
(context, context, context).

FPP

May 4, 2017, 12:20:14 AM5/4/17
On 5/3/17 11:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2017 5:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
>>> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
>>> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
>>> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>>
>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin¹s cock
>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay
>
> Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
> is a homosexual act.

So when you call another man a cocksucker, your'e admitting your'e a
homosexual?

How many time's have you admitted that, grandma?

--
Trump: If I win, you go to jail, if I lose, I will not accept the
results of the election.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 12:21:42 AM5/4/17
On 5/3/17 11:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2017 5:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
>>> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
>>> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
>>> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>>
>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin¹s cock
>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay
>
> Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
> is a homosexual act.
>
>> It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
>
> So a guy sucking another guy's dick is a metaphor for being a sycophant?
> How the hell is that not denigrating to gays?
>
> If Colbert tried to make a metaphor that being black was the equivalent
> of being a sycophant, the pearl-clutching would be stupendous to behold.
> Yet it's okay to draw that allusion to being gay? [Unless you're trying
> to suggest that when females suck dick they're also being sycophants, in
> which case (1) I don't believe you, and (2) that doesn't make any sense.]

So when you call someone a motherfucker, yore charging them with incest?

How many times' have you done that, grandma?

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 1:16:08 AM5/4/17
In article <oee9ik$tr6$1...@dont-email.me>,
Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On 5/3/2017 8:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin1s cock
> >> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay
> >
> > Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
> > is a homosexual act.
> >
> >> It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
> >
> > So a guy sucking another guy's dick is a metaphor for being a sycophant?
>
> In this context, yes (Please come back, George Carlin).
>
> > How the hell is that not denigrating to gays?
>
> It has nothing to do with Trump or Putin's sexuality. It's only about
> who is the master and who is slave.
>
> > If Colbert tried to make a metaphor that being black was the equivalent
> > of being a sycophant, the pearl-clutching would be stupendous to behold.
>
> Colbert didn't say that *being* gay was the equivalent of being a sycophant.
>
> > Yet it's okay to draw that allusion to being gay? [Unless you're trying
> > to suggest that when females suck dick they're also being sycophants, in
> > which case (1) I don't believe you, and (2) that doesn't make any sense.]
>
> If Merkel was the sycophant, then the same joke would apply to her
> (context, context, context).

Make excuses all you like, but the gay community seems to be lining up
with my argument in this instance, and if there's one thing that progs
have lectured us all about for the last decade or so, when it comes to
offense, the opinion of the offended controls. The intent of the
offender matters not.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 2:21:55 AM5/4/17
Ever heard of The Advocate? Lots of gay people have...

You know what The Advocate is saying about it? No? Of course you don't
- because it doesn't fit your Jenda!

> It's Trump Supporters Who Are Calling Stephen Colbert Homophobic

> LGBT people, for the most part, are not upset by his oral sex joke about Trump and Putin — they have other things to worry about.
> No, Stephen Colbert is not homophobic. And LGBT people, for the most part, are not outraged over his oral sex joke about Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.
>
> The Late Show host is a longtime and reliable LGBT ally. But some viewers, especially Trump supporters, are calling him and the joke homophobic, and lambasting him on Twitter using the hashtag #FireColbert.

But, hey...if *YOU* say it, I can't tell you how much I trust your
analysis. (Note: nothing anal being referenced there, unless *YOU*
think there is...)

> But most LGBT people are reserving their outrage for the real outrages. Trump has yet to respond to the violence against gay and bisexual men in Chechnya, a semiautonomous republic within Russia, and Putin’s government is in denial about it. Army secretary nominee Mark Green is the latest of many anti-LGBT picks put forward by Trump. And the president reportedly will issue an anti-LGBT “religious freedom” executive order Thursday — which will give individuals, businesses, nonprofits, and even government employees a broad exemption from antidiscrimination laws, as long as they claim their discrimination against LGBT people or anyone else is rooted in religious beliefs.

So, no... "the gay's" by and large don't give two shits about what
Colbert said. (Note: nothing anal being referenced there, unless *YOU*
think there is...)

Nice try, though...

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 2:33:30 AM5/4/17
In article <oeeh3u$fdv$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> > Trump and Putin ã they have other things to worry about.

Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
hell no.

**Just like the feminists went crickets over Bill Clinton when he was
turning White House interns into his personal humidor.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 4:31:50 AM5/4/17
>>> Trump and Putin ‹ they have other things to worry about.
>
> Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
> boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
> Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
> are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
> heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
> here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
> called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
> conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
> Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
> the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
> hell no.

Yes... a publication like The Advocate vs a Bunch of Assclowns on Twitter.
And YOU pick anonymous douchebags on Twitter. That about sums up your
entire argument.

Who need's to know any more about your priorities? Sorry... prioritie's.
Not to mention your judgement.

Twitter! Fucking TWITTER!

YOU. ARE. A. CLOWN.

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 8:13:33 AM5/4/17
On 5/3/17 7:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oedjhq$c2m$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/2/17 8:10 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>>> Late Show² host Stephen Colbert is facing backlash
>>
>> What "backlash"? The campaign on Fox News?
>
> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.

Does Trump have to be "gay" to service Putin in the manner Colbert
suggested? I'm not a homophobe, so I'm not sure what you're trying to
say here.

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 8:22:08 AM5/4/17
On 5/3/17 10:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2017 5:48 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
>>> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
>>> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
>>> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>>
>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin¹s cock
>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay
>
> Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
> is a homosexual act.
>
>> It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
>
> So a guy sucking another guy's dick is a metaphor for being a sycophant?
> How the hell is that not denigrating to gays?

I don't know, is the GOP sucking at the teats of the oligarchs in this
country denigrating to cows? Because it's supposed to denigrate the GOP.

Trump being a heterosexual forced to "service" Putin is denigrating to
Trump. I don't see how it's making an editorial comment on the act itself.

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 8:23:12 AM5/4/17
Thanny comes up with logical fallacies and false equivalencies all the
time. He has a head full of bad wiring.

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 8:28:33 AM5/4/17
On 5/4/17 1:32 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oeeh3u$fdv$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/17 1:15 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> In article <oee9ik$tr6$1...@dont-email.me>,
>>> Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>> It's Trump Supporters Who Are Calling Stephen Colbert Homophobic
>>
>>> LGBT people, for the most part, are not upset by his oral sex joke about
>>> Trump and Putin ‹ they have other things to worry about.
>
> Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
> boards) are pissed en masse.

Here's an interesting tidbit:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331864-stephen-colbert-reacts-to-online-backlash-over-trump-jokes

> According to USA Today, Colbert will welcome ‘The Big Bang Theory’ actor Jim Parsons to his show and discuss the “controversy.”

I would think if the "gays" were so mad at his comment Parsons would've
cancelled his appearance and made a stink about it. But Thanny is free
to invent whatever version of reality he chooses. It's a Libertarian thing.

moviePig

May 4, 2017, 10:19:01 AM5/4/17
>>> Trump and Putin ‹ they have other things to worry about.
>
> Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
> boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
> Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
> are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
> heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
> here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
> called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
> conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
> Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
> the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
> hell no.

That difference would be because offense is a matter of intent. A
liberal -- and Colbert, in particular -- isn't historically presumed to
be a gay-basher, while a conservative is. If you're going to tell a
dicey joke, you'd better know who you are.

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Josh Rosenbluth

May 4, 2017, 10:34:31 AM5/4/17
Citation?

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 11:25:05 AM5/4/17
In article <LVEOA.4609$se....@fx38.iad>, trotsky <gms...@email.com>
wrote:

> I'm not a homophobe

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 11:30:03 AM5/4/17
In article <590b3851$0$8091$b1db1813$2411...@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 5/4/2017 2:32 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
> > boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
> > Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
> > are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
> > heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
> > here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
> > called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
> > conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
> > Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
> > the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
> > hell no.
>
> That difference would be because offense is a matter of intent.

No, it's most assuredly not. Over and over and over the High Lords of PC
Orthodoxy have decreed that the intent of the offendor is irrelevant.
All that matters are the feelings of the offendee.

This is such a foundational principle of PC dogma that it's no longer
just a matter of social mores. It's been codified into law in areas like
workplace harassment. Doesn't matter what you're intent was in telling
that joke. Doesn't matter if there is a perfectly innocent and
non-offensive interpretation of what you said. It's how the other person
felt about your comment that counts. If you offended them, you
transgressed, regardless of your intent.

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 11:31:21 AM5/4/17
Intellectual bankruptcy, as expected.

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 11:31:58 AM5/4/17
In article <590b3851$0$8091$b1db1813$2411...@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> A liberal -- and Colbert, in particular -- isn't historically presumed to
> be a gay-basher, while a conservative is. If you're going to tell a
> dicey joke, you'd better know who you are.

Well, it's nice to see one of you folks be up front and honest about
your double standards for once. Points for that at least.

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 11:50:08 AM5/4/17
On 5/3/17 11:20 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 5/3/17 11:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <oee1ot$bon$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Josh Rosenbluth <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin¹s cock
>>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay
>>
>> Yeah, it is. It's purports that Trump performs oral sex on Putin, which
>> is a homosexual act.
>
> So when you call another man a cocksucker, your'e admitting your'e a
> homosexual?
>
> How many time's have you admitted that, grandma?

Oh no, did Thanny fall down the rabbit hole *again*?

moviePig

May 4, 2017, 12:47:02 PM5/4/17
('You folks'?) This isn't the double standard you're looking for -- at
least not within what I presume is your connotation of hypocrisy.
Colbert's background allows him to mention gay sex without being seen as
intending a gay slur. It's really not possible to take offense at that
unless, say, you think gay sex should *never* be mentioned.

moviePig

May 4, 2017, 12:56:18 PM5/4/17
On 5/4/2017 11:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <590b3851$0$8091$b1db1813$2411...@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/2017 2:32 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
>>> boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
>>> Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
>>> are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
>>> heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
>>> here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
>>> called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
>>> conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
>>> Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
>>> the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
>>> hell no.
>>
>> That difference would be because offense is a matter of intent.
>
> No, it's most assuredly not. Over and over and over the High Lords of PC
> Orthodoxy have decreed that the intent of the offendor is irrelevant.
> All that matters are the feelings of the offendee.
>
> This is such a foundational principle of PC dogma that it's no longer
> just a matter of social mores. It's been codified into law in areas like
> workplace harassment. Doesn't matter what you're intent was in telling
> that joke. Doesn't matter if there is a perfectly innocent and
> non-offensive interpretation of what you said. It's how the other person
> felt about your comment that counts. If you offended them, you
> transgressed, regardless of your intent.

That's a silly position, which I doubt many "High Lords" actually hold
(depending on your meaning of 'high'). The worst that such an offender
could be accused of is deliberate indifference/ignorance surrounding the
*potential* for offense -- which carries a heavy burden of proof.

EGK

May 4, 2017, 2:59:53 PM5/4/17
What Colbert did is no differnet than someone calling a person a faggot as
a pejorative. They might not think the person is actually involved in gay
sex but it's using the idea of homosexual sex as an insult. That's
insulting to both the target and to homosexuals in general.

You defending this is the same as idiots who defend Trump's "grab them by
the pussy" .

mog...@hotmail.com

May 4, 2017, 3:19:34 PM5/4/17
Those are your own feelings. Nobody else feels that way.

moviePig

May 4, 2017, 3:35:56 PM5/4/17
What I'm "defending" Colbert against is the artificial resentment by
avowed homophobes that their vocabulary is, in this area, more limited
than his. Functionally, his metaphor was no more offensive than, say,
"brown-noser". (And neither is remotely like "grab them by the pussy",
which, you may recall, recounted -- and recommended -- actual behavior.)

EGK

May 4, 2017, 3:54:21 PM5/4/17
You sound exactly like Trump supporters who claimed Trump was just using
locker room talk and that he was a womanizer but didn't actually grab anyone
like that.

Colbert was throwing out a homosexual pejorative no different than calling
someone a faggot. You routinely show off what a hypocrite you are in
defending this kind of thing when it's a leftist who does it.

moviePig

May 4, 2017, 5:24:56 PM5/4/17
I suppose I (and most anyone here) *could* explain how and why calling
someone a 'cocksucker' is different from calling them a 'faggot'. But
I'm pretty sure the reason you don't already understand it is because
you choose not to. Thus, I withdraw from this corner of the debate...

Barry Worthington

May 4, 2017, 5:35:05 PM5/4/17
On Wednesday, 3 May 2017 12:13:32 UTC+1, Ubiquitous wrote:

The usual crap...

"Epitaph for
Lord Castlereagh"
(1816)

"Posterity will ne'er survey
A nobler scene than this.
Here lie the bones of Castlereagh.
Stop traveller, and piss."

Lord Byron

Dr. Barry Worthington

EGK

May 4, 2017, 5:46:50 PM5/4/17
They're no different at all. You're the one who doesn't get it. If Colbert
didn't think men sucking cock was a dirty insult, he wouldn't have used it.
Ergo, he's not only throwing out an insult at his target but at anyone who
takes part in such behavior.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 6:52:40 PM5/4/17
I think it was pretty clear that the target of the joke wasn't gays...
just the cock-gargler with the orange toop.
--
"Mike Pence will lead Trump's transition team. Which is weird, because
normally when people transition, Pence sends them to conversion
therapy." -Colin Jost

FPP

May 4, 2017, 6:53:39 PM5/4/17
On 5/4/17 11:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <590b3851$0$8091$b1db1813$2411...@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/2017 2:32 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
>>> boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
>>> Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
>>> are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
>>> heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
>>> here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
>>> called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
>>> conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
>>> Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
>>> the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
>>> hell no.
>>
>> That difference would be because offense is a matter of intent.
>
> No, it's most assuredly not. Over and over and over the High Lords of PC
> Orthodoxy have decreed that the intent of the offendor is irrelevant.
> All that matters are the feelings of the offendee.
>
> This is such a foundational principle of PC dogma that it's no longer
> just a matter of social mores. It's been codified into law in areas like
> workplace harassment. Doesn't matter what you're intent was in telling
> that joke. Doesn't matter if there is a perfectly innocent and
> non-offensive interpretation of what you said. It's how the other person
> felt about your comment that counts. If you offended them, you
> transgressed, regardless of your intent.

Poor creampuff... if you work real hard, you'll get over it one day.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 6:54:13 PM5/4/17
Give Thanny a break... he's just retreating to his "safe space".

FPP

May 4, 2017, 6:57:46 PM5/4/17
You know who the joke was aimed at, and it wasn't gays.

They don't hold him responsible for the slur because the slur wasn't
directed at them. It was directed at the guy who is working his ass off
to deny them their civil rights.

You should be smart enough to grasp that... so I can only surmise that
you don't really care about the comment being a homophobic slur.

All you care is that you get to bash someone you disagree with. That
couldn't be more hypocritical... but, then, the day isn't over for you,
yet. There's still time...

FPP

May 4, 2017, 7:02:33 PM5/4/17
You will let us know when Colbert pays settlements to his multiple
accusers, right?

The rest of your argument is your own opinion. We know who the target
of his ridicule was... and it wasn't gays.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 7:04:01 PM5/4/17
I asked that exact thing upstream. As well as "motherfucker" in regards
to incest.

Thanny has declined to expound on the differences. And he'll continue
to flee from the obvious logical fallacy in his argument.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 7:07:32 PM5/4/17
Pay attention. I gave one earlier, by The Advocate. You HAVE heard of
them, right? They're not exactly raving homophobes.

> It's Trump Supporters Who Are Calling Stephen Colbert Homophobic
>
> LGBT people, for the most part, are not upset by his oral sex joke about Trump and Putin — they have other things to worry about.
>
> BY TRUDY RING
> MAY 03 2017 1:53 PM EDT
>
> No, Stephen Colbert is not homophobic. And LGBT people, for the most part, are not outraged over his oral sex joke about Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.
>
> The Late Show host is a longtime and reliable LGBT ally. But some viewers, especially Trump supporters, are calling him and the joke homophobic, and lambasting him on Twitter using the hashtag #FireColbert.
>
> The joke came in Colbert’s Monday night monologue, in which he denounced the lack of respect Trump showed to a fellow CBS employee, journalist John Dickerson, in an interview broadcast Sunday on Face the Nation. Trump called the program “Deface the Nation,” claimed that Dickerson reports “fake news,” refused to answer certain questions, and ended the interview prematurely, walking away to shuffle papers on his desk.
>
> Colbert said Dickerson was too dignified to insult Trump in kind, but he wasn’t, so he let loose with a string of insults, including “You talk like a sign language gorilla who got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.” The word “cock” was bleeped on television.
>
> Many have joked about the cozy relationship between Trump and the Russian president, whose government is under investigation for possible interference in the U.S. presidential election. But Colbert’s joke set off a Twitter storm, mostly from Trump supporters, including conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich, although an occasional prominent LGBT person joined in.

Pretty clear there isn't any hue and cry from the LGBTQ community.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 7:09:21 PM5/4/17

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

May 4, 2017, 7:21:18 PM5/4/17
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 8:49:41 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:

> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.

Except, where is this _widespread_ outrage by progressives about
Colbert's comment?

trotsky

May 4, 2017, 7:39:02 PM5/4/17
I can see how gays might see it as a slur. I can also see that they
would be happy to endure such a slur if Trump is being put in his place
this way.

EGK

May 4, 2017, 7:57:22 PM5/4/17
If there isn't, it just proves again the hypocrisy of the left. Just like
when women flocked to support Bill Clinton. Sexual harassment laws were
only good as long as they were aimed at white, conservatives.

The advocate certainly confirms it.
http://www.advocate.com/media/2017/5/03/its-trump-supporters-who-are-calling-stephen-colbert-homophobic

One of the comments nails them to the wall perfectly for it

David Baka · San Diego, California
"I am a very proud gay man, and we should all be disgusted that the most
offensive thing Stephen Colbert (like Alec Baldwin before him) could think
to say about another human being was to insulate he is gay...and the
Advocate is supporting him for it! Take off your partisan glasses and call
out bigotry wherever it is."

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

May 4, 2017, 8:05:35 PM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 7:57:22 PM UTC-4, EGK wrote:

> If there isn't, it just proves again the hypocrisy of the left. Just like
> when women flocked to support Bill Clinton. Sexual harassment laws were
> only good as long as they were aimed at white, conservatives.

The Republicans have long stood for Federal deficit reduction. Yet
their cheerleader, Trump, is calling for massive spending increases
and massive tax cuts, all of which will greatly increase the deficit.

silvia...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 10:22:24 PM5/4/17
to FPP

Hallå

Letar du efter ett lån snabbt? antingen:

• att starta om finansiell verksamhet?

• Att renovera insidan av din lägenhet, hus, byggnad?

• Rental?

• bilköp?

• Kredit för bröllopet?

• Reglering av skuld?

• För ett projekt?

• eller av andra skäl etc ...

Jag sätter dig med ett lån från 5000 till 8.600.000 euro med mycket enkla
ordalag i en takt på 3%.

Jag gör också investeringar och lån mellan särskilt alla slag. Jag
erbjuder kort, medellång och lång sikt lån.

För mer information kontakta mig direkt till min e-postadress:
silvia...@gmail.com

PS: Jag bara låna ut till ärliga människor och benägna att betala mig
mina pengar.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 11:38:24 PM5/4/17
It's spread around pretty widely. And thinly.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 11:39:29 PM5/4/17
So? You can find a handful of people that will e outraged by anything.

He didn't direct the slur at gays, so gays aren't offended.
Pretty simple to understand.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 11:40:43 PM5/4/17
Me too... and a few do. The great majority do not.

Ditto Putin lovers.

FPP

May 4, 2017, 11:52:34 PM5/4/17
How quickly they forget!

I seem to remember a certain conservatives in the Tea Party saying
people should "teabag" their opponents.

> Moreover, as Jay Nordlinger at National Review admits, the term "teabagger" was introduced to the political lexicon by Tea Party movement leaders:
>
> The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.

Everybody knew what they meant. Presumably that applied to men, by men,
as well as women. Nobody was offended, especially not the gays.

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 11:54:14 PM5/4/17
In article <oegbf4$tbd$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/4/17 11:31 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <590b3851$0$8091$b1db1813$2411...@news.astraweb.com>,
> > moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> A liberal -- and Colbert, in particular -- isn't historically presumed to
> >> be a gay-basher, while a conservative is. If you're going to tell a
> >> dicey joke, you'd better know who you are.
> >
> > Well, it's nice to see one of you folks be up front and honest about
> > your double standards for once. Points for that at least.
>
> You know who the joke was aimed at, and it wasn't gays.

Doesn't matter. Just like Trotsky the Hutt isn't aiming his slurs at
gays when he uses homophobic attacks on anyone he hates in this
newsgroup.

Why would it be an effective insult for *anybody* if the premise isn't
that gay = bad?

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 11:57:24 PM5/4/17
In article <oYOOA.14351$jO6....@fx41.iad>, trotsky <gms...@email.com>
wrote:
So this is your current excuse for your rampant homophobia, you
Skittle-dick cumfart? The gays are happy to endure the shit people like
you fling for the "greater good"?

BTR1701

May 4, 2017, 11:59:09 PM5/4/17
In article <590b5d2f$0$53487$c3e8da3$b135...@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 5/4/2017 11:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <590b3851$0$8091$b1db1813$2411...@news.astraweb.com>,
> > moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> That difference would be because offense is a matter of intent.
> >
> > No, it's most assuredly not. Over and over and over the High Lords of PC
> > Orthodoxy have decreed that the intent of the offendor is irrelevant.
> > All that matters are the feelings of the offendee.
> >
> > This is such a foundational principle of PC dogma that it's no longer
> > just a matter of social mores. It's been codified into law in areas like
> > workplace harassment. Doesn't matter what your intent was in telling
> > that joke. Doesn't matter if there is a perfectly innocent and
> > non-offensive interpretation of what you said. It's how the other person
> > felt about your comment that counts. If you offended them, you
> > transgressed, regardless of your intent.
>
> That's a silly position, which I doubt many "High Lords" actually hold

Enough of them hold it for it to be enforceable EEOC employment law.

BTR1701

May 5, 2017, 12:01:56 AM5/5/17
In article <86b96b01-a17e-4378...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes, Trump is massive douchenozzle. We all know that. Now stop trying to
change the subject so that you can squirm away from the leftist
hypocrisy here.

BTR1701

May 5, 2017, 12:05:05 AM5/5/17
In article <954b876a-dc9a-42ae...@googlegroups.com>,
There once was a man from Nantucket,
Whose cock was so long he could suck it.
He said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear were a cunt I would fuck it!"

--Tennyson

FPP

May 5, 2017, 1:36:32 AM5/5/17
"Skittle-dick cumfart..." Bet Colbert wishe's he'd said THAT!
--
Trump: If I win, you go to jail, if I lose, I will not accept the
results of the election.
Make America Great Again? -Warren Leight

FPP

May 5, 2017, 1:38:12 AM5/5/17
But thats why it's a lie to say gay's are up in arm's about it.
They're not offended. No matter how much you WANT them to be.

FPP

May 5, 2017, 1:40:13 AM5/5/17
No hypocrisy. Gay's aren't offended. Conservative's are pretending
they are.

And it isn't working. There is no backlash because Colbert didn't
intend to insult anybody except President Cockholster.

And everybody know's it.

Arc Michael

May 5, 2017, 2:15:41 AM5/5/17
It fsggot sissy daddy shyte made up by yellow kikes! #colbert needs baseball bat to cranium! 7

Barry Worthington

May 5, 2017, 5:12:08 AM5/5/17
We know that you are a moron with a mental age of fourteen. There's no need to prove it......

Michael OConnor

May 5, 2017, 5:45:40 AM5/5/17

> > I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
> > the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
> > is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
> > nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>
> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock
> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay, nor is it a slur at
> gays. It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.

I'm sure if a late night host had said that President Obama's mouth was George Soros' cock holster, the gay groups would certainly not be picketing and protesting and starting up dozens of hashtag campaigns until said host was fired and would never work in show business again. In addition, I'm sure the media would not run any stories whatsoever about how such hateful rhetoric is what we've come to expect from the right. Everybody would see it was just a slap at Obama for being a Soros sycophant.

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 7:31:53 AM5/5/17
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>> On 5/4/2017 2:32 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>> > Not according to the Twitters. Gays (as opposed to magazine editorial
>> > boards) are pissed en masse. But hey, if the Gay High Council at the
>> > Advocate decrees the community is not offended, then I guess the gays
>> > are not allowed to be offended and the ones that say they are must be
>> > heretics. Have to protect Colbert, after all. He may have fucked up
>> > here, but he's still a reliable fellow traveler, so he can't be publicly
>> > called out over it.** The true test would be if a well-known
>> > conservative had said the same thing in the same context, would the
>> > Advocate give the same "nothing to see here" response? If you're even
>> > the slightest bit honest, you know the answer to that is a resounding
>> > hell no.
>>
>> That difference would be because offense is a matter of intent.
>
>No, it's most assuredly not. Over and over and over the High Lords of PC
>Orthodoxy have decreed that the intent of the offendor is irrelevant.
>All that matters are the feelings of the offendee.
>
>This is such a foundational principle of PC dogma that it's no longer
>just a matter of social mores. It's been codified into law in areas like
>workplace harassment. Doesn't matter what you're intent was in telling
>that joke. Doesn't matter if there is a perfectly innocent and
>non-offensive interpretation of what you said. It's how the other person
>felt about your comment that counts. If you offended them, you
>transgressed, regardless of your intent.

Funny you should mention that...

Local NBC reporter "resigns" after using N-word in exchange with black Twitter
user

Valerie Hoff, a reporter at Atlanta’s WXIA-TV, resigned Saturday following a
dustup over her use of the N-word in a private message to a black man while
requesting permission to use the man’s Twitter video in a feature story.

“I was quoting something the gentleman said in a public tweet back to him in a
private message but that doesn’t make it any less offensive,” Hoff told Rodney
Ho of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after her resignation.

“It was incredibly stupid and reckless,” she said. “I was in the middle of a
pressure-filled day trying to chase down the video of a man being beaten and
kicked by two Gwinnett police officers, which this particular gentleman had
posted on Twitter. I repeatedly apologized and continue to do so. I also
offered to resign immediately.”

Hoff told Ho that she’s looking forward to time off to tend to her needs at
home, and revealed that her plans include working on her food and travel blog,
ValerieHoff.com.

Though Hoff was initially suspended from the network for two weeks, she ended
up resigning after the April 13 incident went viral.

Hoff’s boss Josh Deushane confirmed the news to the AJC in a statement:

11Alive does not tolerate any form of racial insensitivity and
aggressively enforces our standard policies. We acted promptly
to address this situation. Valerie Hoff has chosen to resign and
apologizes for her actions. 11Alive is committed to treating the
communities we serve with dignity and respect.

Hoff voiced her disappointment at being forced to resign on Monday in a tweet
targeting the media.

Suspension for “violating company policy” Yes. Forced to resign
after news media leaks on day of return to work? Not right. Thanks!
https://t.co/oEDnpeCXi6
— Valerie Hoff DeCarlo (@Valerie_Hoff) May 1, 2017

Hoff came under fire for using the N-word during an exchange with a man,
identified as Curtis Rivers, whom she had reached out to for permission to use
video footage featuring a white police officer punching a black motorist.
Before Hoff’s contact, Rivers tweeted that a lot of “news niggas” were asking
for permission to use the video.

Hoff also reached out to Rivers and referred to herself as one of the “news
niggas” asking for the video. Though Rivers initially laughed off the comment,
he changed his tune when he realized that he was speaking with a white woman.
In the exchange, Rivers asked Hoff if she was referring to him as a “nigga.”

She explained that she was referring to herself and apologized for offending
him, but Rivers asked who he could contact in order to reach her manager or
lawyer.

Rivers told the Journal-Constitution, “I just think it wasn’t right for her to
use that word in regards to a person who is African American on herself or use
the word period for that matter.”

“If she is bold enough to say it to me being an African American then I’m
pretty sure this isn’t the first time she has used that word,” he said.

The story went viral after Rivers published their private messages on Twitter.

trotsky

May 5, 2017, 8:12:38 AM5/5/17
On 5/5/17 12:40 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 5/5/17 12:01 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <86b96b01-a17e-4378...@googlegroups.com>,
>> hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

>>> The Republicans have long stood for Federal deficit reduction. Yet
>>> their cheerleader, Trump, is calling for massive spending increases
>>> and massive tax cuts, all of which will greatly increase the deficit.
>>
>> Yes, Trump is massive douchenozzle. We all know that. Now stop trying to
>> change the subject so that you can squirm away from the leftist
>> hypocrisy here.
>>

> No hypocrisy. Gay's aren't offended. Conservative's are pretending
> they are.

Apostrophe abuse. Zappa wouldn't be pleased.

trotsky

May 5, 2017, 8:47:29 AM5/5/17
I invite comparison to Colbert? That's the nicest thing you've ever
said about me!

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 9:58:16 AM5/5/17
Got a cite? Or a phrase I can Google?

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 10:07:44 AM5/5/17
The premise isn't that gay = bad. That's the premise of 'faggot'.

The premise is that sexually submissive = politically submissive. E.g.,
the metaphor would also work if Trump were female.

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 10:14:33 AM5/5/17
Here's where *my* prejudice comes in. I run for the hills when someone
says, "I am a proud *anything*", where 'anything' is some aspect over
which they have no control whatsoever. For me, that guy is a walking
chip on his own shoulder.

EGK

May 5, 2017, 11:06:49 AM5/5/17
LOL The lengths you guys will go to to defend stuff like this. Just like
you defended Joss Whedon last week. It's only bad when someone on the
other side of the political aisle does it.

I bet you were up in arms over Trump's "grab them by the pussy" but never
let out a peep when Bill Clinton did it? One of his gropes is even on
video. Of course you never saw it on CNN, The Clinton News Network. You'll
likely say he was just kindly patting her inner thigh and it was all
consensual anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loRkVW0fys

trotsky

May 5, 2017, 11:27:46 AM5/5/17
None of the above. See Breitbart.

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 12:09:43 PM5/5/17
Fascinating. And now, back to what we were talking about...

BTR1701

May 5, 2017, 12:28:42 PM5/5/17
In article <28adb387-3d0d-45d1...@googlegroups.com>,
MOVIEPIG: But double standard is okay because Democrat!

EGK

May 5, 2017, 12:52:37 PM5/5/17
We're talking about your hypocrisy. You just don't want to address it. You
will castigate a conservative for the same behavior you defend when a
liberal does it.

I have no doubt at all you'd have been up in arms at the homophobic
allusions if a conservative commentator called Obama's mouth a cock holster
for someone.

I don't personally give a shit about PC speech. I just find it hilarious
watching the same people criticize words when it suits them then defend them
when it doesn't.

Personally, I think all politicians mouths are cock-holsters for someone.

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 1:12:07 PM5/5/17
barrywort...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]

>> level the playing field https://t.co/SwXHHFFb3c
>> — Jake Taylor (@Number7Catches) May 2, 2017
>>
>> On one hand, @JimmyKimmelLive tugging at the heartstrings
>> with genuine feels. On the other, homophobic
>> @colbertlateshow. #FireColbert
>> — REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (@muhfeefees) May 2, 2017
>>
>> #FIRECOLBERT His remarks about our president were
>> disgusting even for him.
>> — Claricia Quinn (@ClariciaQ) May 2, 2017
>>
>> @JackPosobiec @d_seaman That's really out of line. Won't
>> watch Colbert again. Don't like his show anyway. So
>> politically correct until it comes 2 this? #FireColbert
>> — Candy (@Candlest) May 2, 2017
>>
>> @StephenAtHome
>> You're a scumbag.
>> #firecolbert
>> — Ise Malaka (@ise_malaka) May 2, 2017
>>
>> @StephenAtHome Totally unacceptable and shameful to speak
>> of our Commander In Chief that way #FIRECOLBERT

Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 2:00:42 PM5/5/17
The things you "have no doubt at all" about we call 'alternative truth'.

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 2:03:16 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/2017 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock
>>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay, nor is it a slur at
>>> gays. It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
>>>

>> I'm sure if a late night host had said that President Obama's mouth was
>> George Soros' cock holster, the gay groups would certainly not be picketing
>> and protesting and starting up dozens of hashtag campaigns until said host
>> was fired and would never work in show business again. In addition, I'm sure
>> the media would not run any stories whatsoever about how such hateful
>> rhetoric is what we've come to expect from the right. Everybody would see it
>> was just a slap at Obama for being a Soros sycophant.
>
> MOVIEPIG: But double standard is okay because Democrat!

When an acknowledged homophobe orders coffee, it's likely a gay slur...

EGK

May 5, 2017, 2:08:34 PM5/5/17
You give plenty of evidence of your hypocrisy every time you enter one of
these threads.

EGK

May 5, 2017, 2:13:44 PM5/5/17
On Fri, 5 May 2017 14:03:12 -0400, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

>On 5/5/2017 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I'm sure if a late night host had said that President Obama's mouth was
>>> George Soros' cock holster, the gay groups would certainly not be picketing
>>> and protesting and starting up dozens of hashtag campaigns until said host
>>> was fired and would never work in show business again. In addition, I'm sure
>>> the media would not run any stories whatsoever about how such hateful
>>> rhetoric is what we've come to expect from the right. Everybody would see it
>>> was just a slap at Obama for being a Soros sycophant.
>>
>> MOVIEPIG: But double standard is okay because Democrat!
>
>When an acknowledged homophobe orders coffee, it's likely a gay slur...

Do you keep track of your stories or what you write? You honestly are so
blind you don't even notice your own double standards? You just got
through replying me to that my take on things is alternate truth. Meanwhile,
you think your take on things is spot on.

Almost everytime you type something in here you out yourself as a hypocrite.

Barry Worthington

May 5, 2017, 2:58:51 PM5/5/17
That was my (implied) argument...here's another.....

The Mask of Anarchy

I met Murder on the way--
He had a mask like Castlereagh--
Very smooth he looked, yet grim;
Seven blood-hounds followed him:

3
All were fat; and well they might
Be in admirable plight, 10
For one by one, and two by two,
He tossed them human hearts to chew

4
Which from his wide cloak he drew.
Next came Fraud, and he had on,
Like Eldon, an ermined gown;
His big tears, for he wept well,
Turned to mill-stones as they fell.

5
And the little children, who
Round his feet played to and fro,
Thinking every tear a gem, 20
Had their brains knocked out by them.

6
Clothed with the Bible, as with light,
And the shadows of the night,
Like Sidmouth, next, Hypocrisy
On a crocodile rode by.

7
And many more Destructions played
In this ghastly masquerade,
All disguised, even to the eyes,
Like Bishops, lawyers, peers, or spies.

8
Last came Anarchy: he rode 30
On a white horse, splashed with blood;
He was pale even to the lips,
Like Death in the Apocalypse.

Shelley

He could be describing the Trump White House.

Do I really have to spoon feed you? Are you so bloody ignorant and stupid?

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 4:57:55 PM5/5/17
Really? Then, present that "evidence", albeit free of your suppositions
and certainties. (Hint: this will require two materially opposed quotes
of mine. But that's easy when you have 'plenty'...)

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 5:05:06 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/2017 2:13 PM, EGK wrote:
> On Fri, 5 May 2017 14:03:12 -0400, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/5/2017 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> MOVIEPIG: But double standard is okay because Democrat!
>>
>> When an acknowledged homophobe orders coffee, it's likely a gay slur...
>
> Do you keep track of your stories or what you write? You honestly are so
> blind you don't even notice your own double standards? You just got
> through replying me to that my take on things is alternate truth. Meanwhile,
> you think your take on things is spot on.
>
> Almost everytime you type something in here you out yourself as a hypocrite.

You're right, I should've constructed a thorough refutation of what some
unspecified gay group would've done if some mythical TV host had made
some supposed remark. Who knew Usenet was so hard?...

EGK

May 5, 2017, 5:33:23 PM5/5/17
On Fri, 5 May 2017 17:05:01 -0400, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

>On 5/5/2017 2:13 PM, EGK wrote:

>>> When an acknowledged homophobe orders coffee, it's likely a gay slur...
>>
>> Do you keep track of your stories or what you write? You honestly are so
>> blind you don't even notice your own double standards? You just got
>> through replying me to that my take on things is alternate truth. Meanwhile,
>> you think your take on things is spot on.
>>
>> Almost everytime you type something in here you out yourself as a hypocrite.
>
>You're right, I should've constructed a thorough refutation of what some
>unspecified gay group would've done if some mythical TV host had made
>some supposed remark. Who knew Usenet was so hard?...

If you just accept you're a hypocrite and it'll be a lot easier. Everyone
is at times. I don't exclude myself.

You're just a perfect example of what I've said for years. Politics is
like a sports event. You will criticize your team's opponent but are
willing to make even the most lame excuses for the same things if it's
someone on your own team. Your double-standard is palpable.

I don't excuse things Trump does. I've said since before the election I
thought he was a buffoon. It doesn't change the fact that Colbert used a
gay slur because it was the biggest insult he could think of.

moviePig

May 5, 2017, 6:15:52 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/2017 5:33 PM, EGK wrote:
> On Fri, 5 May 2017 17:05:01 -0400, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

No, oddly, I *don't* accept that I'm a hypocrite ...at least not for any
longer than it takes me to become aware of such instances (which is
usually when *I* notice them). And, btw, the 'double-standard' referred
to above -- and which I explicitly acknowledge -- is exactly that: a
double-standard. One for reading homphobes and another for reading
non-homophobes. That's not hypocrisy, that's paying attention.

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:20:35 PM5/5/17
Then he'd never make it out of the bathroom in the morning...
--
"Mike Pence will lead Trump's transition team. Which is weird, because
normally when people transition, Pence sends them to conversion
therapy." -Colin Jost

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:22:01 PM5/5/17
So defend the use of the Tea Party and the word "teabagging"? They
started using the phrase, in reference to the Dems.

Same act, different phrase.

Were you outraged, then?

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:23:51 PM5/5/17
So give us your outrage when the Tea Party started using the word
"teabagging"?

Love to see what you said then... and I'm sure you can prove your point
easily by showing us what you thought about it.

Fat chance.

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:24:28 PM5/5/17
Radio silence coming up...

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:25:52 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/17 5:45 AM, Michael OConnor wrote:

>>> I don't care what Colbert says on his show, but it is quite telling that
>>> the first thing that 'sensitive and diverse' progs turn to as an insult
>>> is to accuse someone of being gay, all the while telling us that there's
>>> nothing wrong with being gay and we're bigoted if we think otherwise.
>>
>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock
>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay, nor is it a slur at
>> gays. It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
>>

> I'm sure if a late night host had said that President Obama's mouth was George Soros' cock holster, the gay groups would certainly not be picketing and protesting and starting up dozens of hashtag campaigns until said host was fired and would never work in show business again. In addition, I'm sure the media would not run any stories whatsoever about how such hateful rhetoric is what we've come to expect from the right. Everybody would see it was just a slap at Obama for being a Soros sycophant.

Jeeze... that would have been one of the nicest things they said about him.

Right after calling him a traitorous foreigner muslim terrorist who
conned his way into the White House.

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:26:22 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/17 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> "The only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock
>>> holster" isn't an accusation of anyone being gay, nor is it a slur at
>>> gays. It's a slap at Trump for being a Putin sycophant.
>>>

>> I'm sure if a late night host had said that President Obama's mouth was
>> George Soros' cock holster, the gay groups would certainly not be picketing
>> and protesting and starting up dozens of hashtag campaigns until said host
>> was fired and would never work in show business again. In addition, I'm sure
>> the media would not run any stories whatsoever about how such hateful
>> rhetoric is what we've come to expect from the right. Everybody would see it
>> was just a slap at Obama for being a Soros sycophant.
>
> MOVIEPIG: But double standard is okay because Democrat!

Great insight coming from one of the original Teabagger's.

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:27:08 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/17 2:13 PM, EGK wrote:
> On Fri, 5 May 2017 14:03:12 -0400, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/5/2017 12:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> MOVIEPIG: But double standard is okay because Democrat!
>>
>> When an acknowledged homophobe orders coffee, it's likely a gay slur...
>
> Do you keep track of your stories or what you write? You honestly are so
> blind you don't even notice your own double standards? You just got
> through replying me to that my take on things is alternate truth. Meanwhile,
> you think your take on things is spot on.
>
> Almost everytime you type something in here you out yourself as a hypocrite.

We keep waiting for you to show some proof. Any idea when that might be?

FPP

May 5, 2017, 7:29:22 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/17 8:12 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 5/5/17 12:40 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 5/5/17 12:01 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Yes, Trump is massive douchenozzle. We all know that. Now stop trying to
>>> change the subject so that you can squirm away from the leftist
>>> hypocrisy here.
>>>

>> No hypocrisy. Gay's aren't offended. Conservative's are pretending
>> they are.
>

> Apostrophe abuse. Zappa wouldn't be pleased.

If I'm replying to BTR, you aren't going to see ANY proper
punctuation... not if I can help it.

Correcting me gives him reason to live... and I want him to live long
enough to act as ridiculous as I know he can.

trotsky

May 5, 2017, 7:41:53 PM5/5/17
I get it, you're trolling Thanny. I should've guessed that already.

trotsky

May 5, 2017, 7:42:57 PM5/5/17
Your right; I shouldve guessed that allalong.

FPP

May 6, 2017, 1:26:28 AM5/6/17
Sometime's yes, sometimes n'o.
--
Trump: If I win, you go to jail, if I lose, I will not accept the
results of the election.
Make America Great Again? -Warren Leight

trotsky

May 6, 2017, 7:37:38 AM5/6/17
He's so fucking stupid he wont figoure it out:

moviePig

May 6, 2017, 10:06:57 AM5/6/17
Sure he could. He could open the door with the *non*-grabbing hand...
It is loading more messages.