What Did You Watch? 2017-07-09 (Sunday)

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 8:56:12 AM7/10/17
I watched:

CANDY CRUSH: I watched a little bit of this, noticing that the
contestants were people from SURVIVOR. The premise for the show looked
like a huge, vertical, phone screen with CANDYCRUSH squares on it as
touchable tiles. Players dangled from rock climbing equipment (ropes)
and tried to touch the tiles that would make matches. It seemed as
though the player dangling from the ropes was so close to the screen
that they couldn't actually see what they were doing, so another player
down on the ground had to scream up to them and tell them what they were
supposed to touch. The player down on the ground also had some control
over moving the player dangling from the rope. The whole thing looked
like an incredible ill-thought-out mess of a game show.

What did you watch?

tenworld

Jul 10, 2017, 9:03:38 AM7/10/17
On Monday, July 10, 2017

> What did you watch?

I watched NG Earth Live. it was billed as live camera action of animals
around the globe. It was mostly the hosts talking about the great
technology, and all the wonderful people who film wildlife. I recorded for my grandson but I could condense the parts he will watch into about 10 minutes.
4 thumbs down.

shawn

Jul 10, 2017, 9:47:07 AM7/10/17
I watched BIG BROTHER where things went much as expected. Clearly
there was more drama going on then we saw, and we saw quite a bit. As
soon as the show was over I was quick to turn off the TV so as to miss
the CC show that followed.

Ian J. Ball

Jul 10, 2017, 9:58:40 AM7/10/17
On 2017-07-10 12:56:07 +0000, Obveeus said:

> What did you watch?

I mostly took a break from internet streaming yesterday, and took it easy...:

Mako Mermaids (Netflix) - I actually watched the first two episodes of
"season #2" (Netflix inexplicably breaks the real season #2 into two
seasons...) of this on Saturday but forgot to mention it yesterday.
I loved how they disposed of Nixie and Lucy Fry's character in one
bit of throwaway dialogue, and then did a sh***y job at justifying
their "replacements". And Isabel Durant plays such a b*tch here! -
she's like Lucy Fry's character by x100!
Anyway, this immediately took a turn in season #2 that I did not
appreciate, so I'm not sure I'm very likely to come back and finish
this out (or maybe I'll just skip to the end, and then sample the
*real* season #3 (the one Netflix calls (season #4!?!) after).

The Mist (recorded) - "Withdrawal", ep. #2. OK, this was much better.
It's as I figured - they should simply have *skipped* almost the entire
pilot episode, with its tedious "character-background set ups" and just
started here. Anyway, in this one, we get hints about Arrowhead, and
determine that their soldiers are generally bad guys when one of them
tries to kill <s>Aslaug</s> Eve whom she has to dispatch with
prejudice! and then lies to everybody about it (and then two more of
them later commit suicide, as in the film). Meanwhile, Kevin tries to
get to the mall to meet up with his wife Eve and daughter, but thanks
to the idiot junkie only get as far as the church (where we further
establish that his brother, the town sheriff, is a total ponce...).
This episode again reinfornces that The Mist actually has
supernatural powers, a change from the flick that I do not like, and do
not think is necessary.
Still, this episode was enough of an improvement on the pilot that
I'll be sticking with this...

golf - As expected, the noob, Sebastian Munoz, who dominated the first
3 days of The Greenbrier couldn't maintain on the final day of play (he
ended up tied for third), allowing Xander Schauffele to swoop in for
the win.
Sidenote: This was the tournament that had to be cancelled last
year, after floods devistated this part of Wedt Virginia.

Dark Matter (recorded) - "One Last Card To Play". A pretty good episode
in which the "doppleganger" characters from last season's parallel
universe execute a plan that disrupts our heroes. However, I was hugely
disappointed when it was revealed that One's doppleganger wasn't among
them - it looks like this show and Marc Bendavid really are done with
each other which is a huge disappointment... Aside from that, this
episode was pretty good, though, and I'm glad they figured out a way to
bring Jessica Sipos back, and keep her around.
Next episode: We return to pick up Six's storyline.

Prime Suspect 1973/Tennison (PBS) - So, the storylines in this one
finally converge, and are wrapped up. This was actually a pretty decent
ending, good enough that I would liked to have seen more of this one
(too bad it sounds like it won't be happening...). P.S. Did we know
that the guy that Young Tennison was schtupping was married before this?

Recorded for later: Fear the Walking Dead (why, I do not know... :| ).

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

suzeeq

Jul 10, 2017, 10:22:49 AM7/10/17
I don't think so. Apparently Jane didn't know.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jul 10, 2017, 11:18:02 AM7/10/17
I also watched Big Brother AKA Candy Crush commercial. Yeah, there
seems to be a lot going on that we aren't being shown.

Ladybug, Ladybug (TCM) 1963 movie about a rural school that receives a
civil alert warning that they have 1 hour before nuclear bombs began to
fall. The administration can't confirm the alert and not knowing what
to do sends the kids home. The movie follows various groups of kids and
teachers as they prepare for nuclear annihilation. Some of the kids
have nuclear fall out shelters, some don't. None of them handle it
particular well but under the circumstances that's understandable. Some
tell their parents and the parents believe them, some parents don't.
One of the more interesting groups we follow involved a group of kids
who went into a classmate's fallout shelter as they start to come up
with "rules" and try with mixed results from becoming Lord of the Flies.
It's a pretty good movie.

Bad Company (TMC) 1995 movie staring Laurence Fishburne as former CIA
agent who goes to work for a shady company full of Ex CIA agents run by
Ellen Barkin and Frank Langella. They employ their agents unique set of
espionage skills for the private sector. I don't think I've seen this
since it was first released. I *thought* it was going to be pretty good
but it turned out to be mostly tedious with a horrible ending.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (3D blu-ray) - Sequel to the Apes reboot
which finds most of humanity wiped out due to a virus. A group of
humans lead by Gary Oldman are struggling to survive in what's left of
San Francisco. Meanwhile Caesar (Andy Serkis) is leading his apes on
the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. The two group eventually run
into each other and it's downhill from there. This is sort of a lose
remake of "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" except it's actually good.

Despicable Me 3 (theatrical) - Gru teams up with his twin brother Dru to
stop an 80s themed former child star (Trey Parker) who wants to be a
supervillain. MEH!!!!!

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 11:28:48 AM7/10/17
In article <ojvta0$4qi$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> What did you watch?

I watched THE TWO STUPIDEST AND MOST ANNOYING WOMEN THAT EVER LIVED
DON'T DIE THE FIERY DEATH THEY SO RICHLY DESERVE aka WRECKER and I blame
Ian.

Set in California but hacked out in Canada, Wrecker stars the
yummilicious Anna Hutchinson and the backs of her thighs, which the
cameraman takes every chance he gets to showcase, so often from below in
a short skirt that it feels like live action pervy anime. And ...
that's the *only* good news there is about this wretched mess.

Anna plays an annoying unlikable ex girlfriend who's mad at her ex
because he works hard and tells her he loves her, so she's anxious to
cheat on him. Aiding and abetting her is her cute but loudmouthed
slutty girlfriend Leslie, perhaps best known from THE ROMEO SECTION
which I rather liked. They have a beautiful red Mustang and are driving
... somewhere, in as blatant a rip off of DUEL as I've ever seen.

Basically these women are at Def-Con 6 by default, so they're wildly
over-reactionary when the trouble with the truck driver starts at level
1, do everything to exacerbate the situation (why is she tailgating this
truck and complaining about the diesel fumes? Try hanging back more
than 10 feet.) They manage to pump up the threat level to 11, but still
remain at Def-Con 6, so now they're wildly UNDER-reactionary. Which
gets people killed, including Leslie, who finishes the movie stuffed in
the trunk of the red mustang, and lots of beat up vehicles totaled. The
movie ends rather inexplicably when last time we saw her she was dead
Leslie pulling in to a lot with all the cars that were wrecked during
the last 90 minutes, all in fine shape, looking for a repairman. Huh?

There was pretty much not a moment that didn't elicit a "Wait! What -
Why (or How)?" from me. For instance, the second to last shot has Anna
and her thighs getting into the Mustang and driving off into the
distance, ignoring the fact that just one scene before she's thrashed
the engine by driving without oil (despite multiple chances to get some)
and rendering the car inoperable.

Excerpts from reviews on IMDb:

A good alternative for valium.

Don't rent this wreck

if you haven't (seen Duel this) will only puzzle and irritate you
because it's so poorly made. Whitburn (Leslie) supposedly quit the film
mid-shoot (gee, I wonder why?) and it was probably a good decision.

Essentially plagiarism

among the worst movies
The production of this movie is horrible... The girls go crazy before
anything really scary is close to happen. The mustang is V8 5.0 and has
trouble outrunning an old truck.. even the European 4cylinder bad
version would outrun that truck.and after the truck hits the car there
are no damages on it.

Worst and unrealistic movie ever made

What a waste of movie time !!!
This IS the worst movie I have ever watched !!! What a waste of time,
could have been jerking off and had more of it than watching this piece
of Sh*** movie. The script writer should be shot in the head and the
director should be shot and fed to the dogs for producing such a piece
of crap!!!!!! FORD should be suing the producer for such a bad advert of
the Mustang.

This movie is a offense and affront and a insult for all those who see it
First, sorry for my English, is bad-bad :) sorry,please! I have not ever
seen a movie worse than this, how to do such a film... I can not believe
how much trash there is in this world to do a film like such a
caricature, a really coarse...

Is there something worse than awful........
I wasn't expecting much when I watched this movie. I had low
expectations but then I realized 10 min in I needed to lower my
expectations even more. This was so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! The way it was
filmed , the writing , the acting. these people didn't get paid to do
this did they? Yes, Ana looks great but she shouldn't act. Because she
can't!!!!!!!!!!!

Should of been called "Garbage"

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

icebreaker

Jul 10, 2017, 11:50:38 AM7/10/17
I messed around in Netflix sampling here and there and finding little
new of interest to me. I watched this train wreck titled Country Crush
because it listed Jana Kramer as a lead. It was a country musical
drama with Munro Chambers from Degrassi. It wasn't good and should be
avoided even if you like country music. I ended up watching some old
episodes of The Finder. I did watch the Irish Open conclusion in the
AM via Golf Channel/

---
http://www.avg.com

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2017, 12:12:37 PM7/10/17
On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 8:56:12 AM UTC-4, Obveeus wrote:
> I watched:
>
> CANDY CRUSH:

I didn't watch diddlyshit, spent part of the day helping a neighbor entrepreneur rebuild 2 computers he picked up cheap at auction, expecting nothing in return.

Later as a thank you he gave me a small 16 megapix Nikon camera, which will be used for business photographs.

He then called me late in the evening, offering to give a medium sized big screen TV for free. I accepted, and will spend part of today repairing, photographing (with the Nikon) and selling the TV eventually to a nine-to-fiver who hates their job and lives to return home at 5 to mindlessly veg out on big screen programming.

Naturally I will profit.

Did I mention, I didn't watch TV yesterday?

Carry on Assholes!

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:14:40 PM7/10/17
In article <ok05jt$ur1$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 7/10/2017 6:46 AM, shawn wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:56:07 -0400, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I watched:
> >>

> >> What did you watch?
> >

> Despicable Me 3 (theatrical) - Gru teams up with his twin brother Dru to
> stop an 80s themed former child star (Trey Parker) who wants to be a
> supervillain. MEH!!!!!

Until you mentioned that, I had completely forgotten that I saw
SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING (theatrical) which is not a good sign.

I tried desperately to like this. They did all sorts of stuff that
Obveeus would give them a pass for but made me crazy. Harkening back to
the 'they never get anything right' thread, first they made all Peter's
blonde friends dark. Then realizing he was the only white person left,
they made all the friends that are dark in the comics white, so they
accomplished, well, nothing. Then they made the athlete a pudgy
mathlete, it turns out Mary Jane has been there all along except she
just goes (secretly) by MJ now and it doesn't stand for Mary Jane, and
started switching around anything they could willy nilly. Michael
Keaton was excellent, but his character had nothing to do with The
Vulture, and was more like Norman Osborn. He actually has a white The
Shocker henchman and he kills him immediately so they can bring in a
black replacement. Come to think of it, those three were really Andy
Griffith and assistants from SALVAGE! They make Ned Leeds into Pieface
from The Green Lantern and toss him in as Peter's sidekick. Happy Hogan
is now an incompetent asswipe. They swipe the cover moment from ASM 33
which involved The Master Planner (who was Doctor Octopus). I kept
thinking 'why' because *none* of this made it any better, just more
confusing. I realize they were advancing the "all romances must be
interracial" as they made Peter's two white squeezes dark, and made his
dark squeeze white but removed her squeeziness. The Spider-Suit has an
AI like Jarvis, played by Jennifer Connelly. The end ... is as
inexplicable as that of WRECKER. The Vulture has figured out Peter is
Spider-Man (through the miracle of interracial marriage), and shared
that information with his henchman The Shocker (and no doubt with his
other henchmen including The Tinkerer), who promise that if Peter does
*anything* to interfere with their plans, they'll kill him and everyone
he loves (such as the oh-so-hot Aunt May, and they conveniently forget
that Peter loves The Vulture's daughter), meaning the bad guys clearly
all have to die. Peter of course ignores the warning and ... nobody
dies except innocent bystanders that get killed because Peter shouldn't
have done what he did. The bad guys live and go to trial and nobody
kills the Parker family or even outs the guy. Why? Because they
grafted The Green Goblin's actions onto The Vulture without bringing
along his motivations. And who thought a quick Pepper Potts cameo was
worth paying for?

What was good? Robert Downey Jr. of course. Marisa Tomei, even though
she didn't have much to do but drop the F-bomb. Tom Holland (even
though his character was miswritten as overconfident rather than under).
Stan Lee, because, Stan Lee. The high school girls were all amazingly
pretty. Hey, one of the dozen credited writers was Sweets from Bones!
Wait, the writing should *not* be in the 'good' column.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 12:15:48 PM7/10/17

On 7/10/2017 11:28 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ojvta0$4qi$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I watched THE TWO STUPIDEST AND MOST ANNOYING WOMEN THAT EVER LIVED
> DON'T DIE THE FIERY DEATH THEY SO RICHLY DESERVE aka WRECKER and I blame
> Ian.

Snip of summary of a film that is rated 3.5 on IMDB. Moral of the
story: do not watch shows that are rated that low as there is a reason
for it. ...and yes, if you watch something because Ian gave it a thumbs
up, you are asking for this result.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 12:22:30 PM7/10/17

On 7/10/2017 12:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Until you mentioned that, I had completely forgotten that I saw
> SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING (theatrical) which is not a good sign.
>
> I tried desperately to like this. They did all sorts of stuff that
> Obveeus would give them a pass for but made me crazy.

I have no plans to watch SPIDERMAN in the theater. Every single
iteration of that story has been mediocre to bad...so much so that it
should probably be a DC comic. ;-P

> And who thought a quick Pepper Potts cameo was
> worth paying for?

They did that just for you.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:29:09 PM7/10/17
In article <ok09cp$c0s$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 7/10/2017 12:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
> > Until you mentioned that, I had completely forgotten that I saw
> > SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING (theatrical) which is not a good sign.
> >
> > I tried desperately to like this. They did all sorts of stuff that
> > Obveeus would give them a pass for but made me crazy.
>
> I have no plans to watch SPIDERMAN in the theater. Every single
> iteration of that story has been mediocre to bad...so much so that it
> should probably be a DC comic. ;-P

Yeah, I guess I should rate this on a Spider-Man movie scale. It might
be the best of them, because Stark is in it. But the Spider-Man movies
have been as bad as you said - I didn't even watch the last one that
they put the first reel online hoping to suck people in.

> > And who thought a quick Pepper Potts cameo was
> > worth paying for?
>
> They did that just for you.

LOL, Pepper is the only character Paltry has been any good as, but did
they sell a single extra ticket by giving her a walk on?

David Johnston

Jul 10, 2017, 12:29:29 PM7/10/17
On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 6:56:12 AM UTC-6, Obveeus wrote:

> What did you watch?

Fortier a made in QWebec series about a police shrink who hides her intensity and her own psychological scars under a fumbling disorganized facade.

Ever After High Spring Unsprung: Huhn, the Netflix series leaked out. Turns out Wonderland isn't so bad except for the gigantic cloud of doom hovering over it waiting to destroy them all. But a riddle book from Wonderland gets out and reverses the personality of everyone who reads it so that Apple who is selfishly good becomes unselfishly evil and destroys the world...kinda.

K the Series: Our protagonist has a bounty put on his head because of a murder he apparently committed and must convince the superpowered sword-swinging maniac who comes after to not execute him out of hand. Then they have supper.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:29:41 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0907$ai7$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I watched it because he said Anna Hutchinson was in it.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jul 10, 2017, 12:31:00 PM7/10/17
Yes Happy is portrayed horribly. And Vulture knowing the secret
identity could have been handled a *lot* better. As for the rest of it,
I don't care what race the actor is. So that doesn't bother me in the
slightest. if I'm watching a movie set in New York 2017 and 99% of the
cast is White just because that's how the characters were portrayed in a
1960s comic, that's going to stick out a *lot* more than interracial
casting that reflects today's reality.

I forgot to mention I also finished off Degrassi. It featured one of
the most contrived falls down a hill ever put to screen that you could
see coming a mile away.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:33:26 PM7/10/17
In article <ok09sm$dmg$1...@dont-email.me>,
So what would you think if RIVERDALE swapped the Betty and Veronica
actresses?

Ian J. Ball

Jul 10, 2017, 12:46:10 PM7/10/17
On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 9:14:40 AM UTC-7, anim8rfsk wrote:

> In article <ok05jt$ur1$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> > Despicable Me 3 (theatrical) - Gru teams up with his twin brother Dru to
> > stop an 80s themed former child star (Trey Parker) who wants to be a
> > supervillain. MEH!!!!!
>
> Until you mentioned that, I had completely forgotten that I saw
> SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING (theatrical) which is not a good sign.
>
> I tried desperately to like this. They did all sorts of stuff that
> Obveeus would give them a pass for but made me crazy. Harkening back to
> the 'they never get anything right' thread, first they made all Peter's
> blonde friends dark. Then realizing he was the only white person left,
> they made all the friends that are dark in the comics white, so they
> accomplished, well, nothing. Then they made the athlete a pudgy
> mathlete, it turns out Mary Jane has been there all along except she
> just goes (secretly) by MJ now and it doesn't stand for Mary Jane, and
> started switching around anything they could willy nilly.

I've been despising this one, just based on the advertising and press, for months. I still don't understand why they dropped Andrew Garfield, who seemed like he should be perfect at playing the kind of "funny" Spiderman the character should be, rather than the brooding milquetoast we got from Tobey Maguire. I don't see Tom Holland bringing anything to the role.

In short, everything about this has screamed "THIS IS THE WORST REBOOT, THIS SIDE OF ABRAMS-TREK!!!1!!1!" I'm hoping it badly bombs.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 12:48:49 PM7/10/17

On 7/10/2017 12:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ok0907$ai7$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/2017 11:28 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I watched THE TWO STUPIDEST AND MOST ANNOYING WOMEN THAT EVER LIVED
>>> DON'T DIE THE FIERY DEATH THEY SO RICHLY DESERVE aka WRECKER and I blame
>>> Ian.
>>
>> Snip of summary of a film that is rated 3.5 on IMDB. Moral of the
>> story: do not watch shows that are rated that low as there is a reason
>> for it. ...and yes, if you watch something because Ian gave it a thumbs
>> up, you are asking for this result.
>
> I watched it because he said Anna Hutchinson was in it.

It was a high price to pay.
You should have watched THE CABIN IN THE WOODS instead.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 12:51:49 PM7/10/17

On 7/10/2017 12:46 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

Re latest SPIDERMAN...

> In short, everything about this has screamed "THIS IS THE WORST REBOOT, THIS SIDE OF ABRAMS-TREK!!!1!!1!" I'm hoping it badly bombs.

Bomb? I hate to disappoint you, but...

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:52:11 PM7/10/17
In article <3913f9fc-a6b8-455b...@googlegroups.com>,
Against a $175m budget, it opened with $117m domestic, $257m worldwide.

Think what it would have done had it actually been good.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:54:18 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0au5$gcl$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
I've seen that, before she was on my radar though.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 12:55:13 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0b3p$gcl$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Jinx! You owe me $250m worth of Amazon Drone ice cream.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 10, 2017, 1:25:32 PM7/10/17
So its the perfect movie for you to leave on a loop overnight racking up
data overage charges. :)

instinct are running screaming.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jul 10, 2017, 1:42:03 PM7/10/17
Honestly, if next season started and they did swap the two actresses, I
probably wouldn't even notice. I'm serious, I wouldn't. I'd notice if
they swapped Sam and Dean on Supernatural or Snow White and the Evil
Queen on OUAP. But Riverdale is out of luck if expects me to tell that
interchangeable cast apart.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 1:43:11 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0d2v$mto$3...@dont-email.me>,
Netflix won't let you do that. :(

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 2:05:40 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0e1u$rq6$1...@dont-email.me>,

Ian J. Ball

Jul 10, 2017, 2:30:10 PM7/10/17
On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 9:55:13 AM UTC-7, anim8rfsk wrote:

> In article <ok0b3p$gcl$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 7/10/2017 12:46 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> >
> > Re latest SPIDERMAN...
> >
> > > In short, everything about this has screamed "THIS IS THE WORST REBOOT,
> > > THIS SIDE OF ABRAMS-TREK!!!1!!1!" I'm hoping it badly bombs.
> >
> > Bomb? I hate to disappoint you, but...
>
> Jinx! You owe me $250m worth of Amazon Drone ice cream.

I said "hoping" - but as per usual, the public is lapping up crap, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ian (There's a reason I don't go to the movies anymore... :/ )

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 2:42:46 PM7/10/17
I don't think that a film's quality reflects much in first weekend box
office. Films that people enjoy do tend to last longer at the box
office, though...witness WONDER WOMAN. SPIDERMAN is getting good
reviews from both professionals and from people exiting the theater, but
reboots/sequels/whatnot tend to be front loaded so it remains to be seen
if the good reviews can get people beyond that core fan base to go...or
keep the fan base going multiple times. In any case, the first weekend
box office shows that the film is a hit and will make money...and
probably sell lots of toys.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 2:44:18 PM7/10/17

On 7/10/2017 12:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ok0b3p$gcl$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/2017 12:46 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> Re latest SPIDERMAN...
>>
>>> In short, everything about this has screamed "THIS IS THE WORST REBOOT,
>>> THIS SIDE OF ABRAMS-TREK!!!1!!1!" I'm hoping it badly bombs.
>>
>> Bomb? I hate to disappoint you, but...
>
> Jinx! You owe me $250m worth of Amazon Drone ice cream.

Will you settle for peanut butter ice cream? That's all I've been
eating lately.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 2:46:00 PM7/10/17

On 7/10/2017 1:42 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ok0d2v$mto$3...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/2017 8:28 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I watched THE TWO STUPIDEST AND MOST ANNOYING WOMEN THAT EVER LIVED
>>> DON'T DIE THE FIERY DEATH THEY SO RICHLY DESERVE aka WRECKER and I blame
>>> Ian.

>>> Should of been called "Garbage"
>>>
>> So its the perfect movie for you to leave on a loop overnight racking up
>> data overage charges. :)
>
> Netflix won't let you do that. :(

In the era of cable company data caps and auto charging for overage,
Netflix not letting you put anything on a loop seems like a good thing.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 2:46:46 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0hmm$88j$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 7/10/2017 12:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <ok0b3p$gcl$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On 7/10/2017 12:46 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> >>
> >> Re latest SPIDERMAN...

> >> Bomb? I hate to disappoint you, but...
> >
> > Jinx! You owe me $250m worth of Amazon Drone ice cream.
>
> Will you settle for peanut butter ice cream? That's all I've been
> eating lately.

:(

I thought I had Haggn Daz coffee ice cream a couple weeks ago. Turns
out their peanut butter is a dead ringer, and it doesn't start to kill
you until it melts, so you don't even know ...

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 2:50:00 PM7/10/17
Sounds like a great plot for a crime procedural episode.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 2:56:23 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0hjq$88j$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
When we walked out of JURASSIC PARK, a viewing accomplice said that
Spielberg wasn't trying to make a good movie, he was trying to make a
blockbuster. He's firmly of the opinion that the two are mutually
exclusive.

> reboots/sequels/whatnot tend to be front loaded so it remains to be seen
> if the good reviews can get people beyond that core fan base to go...or
> keep the fan base going multiple times. In any case, the first weekend
> box office shows that the film is a hit and will make money...and
> probably sell lots of toys.

Agreed on the box office, but ... the toy potential seems minimal. Two
standard issue Spider-Man suits, one standard issue Iron Man, and one
Vulture with enormous wings like Condorman.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 3:06:59 PM7/10/17
Apparently, Sony gets the Box office money while Disney gets the toy
sales money:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/07/09/spider-man-homecoming-tops-box-office.html

...and Hasbro is in on the toy sales money:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/07/07/why-hasbro-inc-stock-has-climbed-439-so-far-in-201.aspx

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 3:31:22 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0j17$d4d$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Figurines:
https://www.disneystore.com/figure-sets-play-sets-toys-spiderman-homecomi
ng-figurine-set/mp/1436091/1000262/?CMP=KNC-DSSGoogle&s_kwcid=AL!5079!3!9
5242946784!!!!58505125000!&ef_id=VfhEKgAABQYPuQ6i:20170710192350:s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pomVtLX3oWc

Huge guns and Spider-Mobiles and lots of stuff that's not in the movie.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 3:32:35 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0i1c$88j$4...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
yeah, put me in mind of ice bullets, and people eating the frozen haunch
after beating somebody to death with it ...

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 3:34:07 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0hps$88j$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Sounds better today than it did yesterday.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 10, 2017, 3:46:59 PM7/10/17
They probably count Netflix streaming at triple rate anyways.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 4:11:47 PM7/10/17
...and after the first weekend's box office, SPIDERMAN is letting it go
to his head:
https://www.disneystore.com/vinyl-figures-collectibles-spiderman-pop-vinyl-bobblehead-figure-by-funko-spiderman-homecoming/mp/1432458/1000284/

Back when I was a kid, all we had to play with were sticks and rocks and
whatever real spiders we could catch.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 4:13:42 PM7/10/17
I think all the streaming platforms know that the cable deliverers are
going to fight back with bandwidth caps. After all, what else can they
do to avoid losing their cable customers to streaming?

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 5:01:01 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0mqo$q13$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
We weren't allowed to play with sticks or rocks.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 5:01:57 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0mub$q13$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
So you think the end game is to force me to watch ALF instead of FULLER
HOUSE?

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 5:14:55 PM7/10/17
Just spiders?

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 5:17:33 PM7/10/17
Honestly, I think the cable companies would prefer if everyone went
streaming. Then, they could make the same amount of money (via Internet
charges and data overages and such) without having to do any negotiation
for subscriber fees with the various cable channels. The cable
companies cannot get to that sweet spot overnight, though, so they have
to make the transition slowly so people don't flip out over being
charged for bandwidth and for the product (a streaming service) they use
that bandwidth on.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 10, 2017, 5:19:46 PM7/10/17
This is part of why Net Neutrality is so important.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 5:22:06 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0qh3$5t9$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Can't pretend a spider is a gun.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 5:23:20 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0qq6$73e$1...@dont-email.me>,
What else are net caps trying to block?

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 5:30:07 PM7/10/17
Is? Don't you mean *was*? Trump's administration already sold us down
that river. All that is left is the formalities.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 5:33:47 PM7/10/17
Porn? You can be sure that some cable company owners would like to be
able to control what content could reach you.

The other company's streaming service? You can be sure that a company
like Comcast would love for you to choose Hulu over Amazon or Netflix
since they have a corporate pyramid hand in Hulu's pocket.

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 5:34:15 PM7/10/17
Back to SPIDERMAN...spider shoot web.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 10, 2017, 6:34:17 PM7/10/17
Whatever your ISP doesn't want you to see.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 10, 2017, 6:35:26 PM7/10/17
Still in the "Public Commentary" stage, so a small chance of changing
the FCC's mind. (Ya, I know, very small chance.)

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 9:39:59 PM7/10/17
In article <ok0rkg$9gg$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Cox is on record as limiting upload speed to 10% of download speed in
order to stop the literal decimation of porn; apparently only outgoing
porn bothers them, not incoming.

> The other company's streaming service? You can be sure that a company
> like Comcast would love for you to choose Hulu over Amazon or Netflix
> since they have a corporate pyramid hand in Hulu's pocket.

No wonder they say Comcast is evil.

David Barnett

Jul 10, 2017, 11:04:12 PM7/10/17
In article <ojvta0$4qi$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com
says...

> I watched:
> What did you watch?

Answering your question, as like others, I have only seen
one Ubi post today.

On Sun Jul 9 I had a Netflix binge on:

VIKINGS: Boneless; The Choice
Ivor the Boneless, a Ragnar baby.
Gaia Weiss, as Porunn, was briefly nude was briefly nude
(bathing).

OUTLANDER: Prestonpans; Vengeance Is Mine
These last few episodes bored me, but only 2 more to go.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

Jul 10, 2017, 11:07:54 PM7/10/17
In article <5717mc94cujucrksi...@4ax.com>,
nanof...@notformailgmail.com says...

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:56:07 -0400, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >I watched:
> >
> >CANDY CRUSH: I watched a little bit of this, noticing that the
> >contestants were people from SURVIVOR. The premise for the show looked
> >like a huge, vertical, phone screen with CANDYCRUSH squares on it as
> >touchable tiles. Players dangled from rock climbing equipment (ropes)
> >and tried to touch the tiles that would make matches. It seemed as
> >though the player dangling from the ropes was so close to the screen
> >that they couldn't actually see what they were doing, so another player
> >down on the ground had to scream up to them and tell them what they were
> >supposed to touch. The player down on the ground also had some control
> >over moving the player dangling from the rope. The whole thing looked
> >like an incredible ill-thought-out mess of a game show.

I play the Candy Crush Saga & Candy Crush Soda games on my
Tablet.

--
David Barnett

Obveeus

Jul 10, 2017, 11:13:08 PM7/10/17
many people do, which is why CBS Network was hoping to use the name
recognition to get people to watch a TV version as well. The premiere
results were disappointing as the show barely beat out STEVE HARVEY'S
FUNDERDOME and a rerun of AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR.

maybe they should have tried a gameshow version of Fruit Ninja instead?
Let the audience throw food at the contestants and see how many times
they can slice it out of the air with a sword.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 11:31:06 PM7/10/17
In article <MPG.33ceeb0...@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> In article <ojvta0$4qi$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com
> says...
> >
> > I watched:
> > What did you watch?
>
> Answering your question, as like others, I have only seen
> one Ubi post today.

He was on the Facebook Messenger 3 hours ago, so I guess he's okay.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 11:31:26 PM7/10/17
In article <MPG.33ceec1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
As does The Peach.

anim8rfsk

Jul 10, 2017, 11:36:33 PM7/10/17
In article <ok1fgo$rhm$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
With George Takei?

Obveeus

Jul 11, 2017, 8:39:19 AM7/11/17
That works. I would have suggested Barry Becher, but he appears to have
died a few years back.

Obveeus

Jul 11, 2017, 9:58:17 AM7/11/17

On 7/10/2017 5:19 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
Tomorrow, Wednesday July 12th, is Net Neutrality awareness day:
http://news.wabe.org/post/internet-companies-plan-online-campaign-keep-net-neutrality-rules

Ubiquitous

Jul 12, 2017, 10:26:21 AM7/12/17
ijb...@mac.com wrote:
>On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 9:14:40 AM UTC-7, anim8rfsk wrote:

>> Until you mentioned that, I had completely forgotten that I saw
>> SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING (theatrical) which is not a good sign.
>>
>> I tried desperately to like this. They did all sorts of stuff that
>> Obveeus would give them a pass for but made me crazy. Harkening back to
>> the 'they never get anything right' thread, first they made all Peter's
>> blonde friends dark. Then realizing he was the only white person left,
>> they made all the friends that are dark in the comics white, so they
>> accomplished, well, nothing. Then they made the athlete a pudgy
>> mathlete, it turns out Mary Jane has been there all along except she
>> just goes (secretly) by MJ now and it doesn't stand for Mary Jane, and
>> started switching around anything they could willy nilly.
>
>I've been despising this one, just based on the advertising and press,
>for months.

A FB friend described it better than how I could, that it's more about the
suit Tony gave him than his abilities.

>I still don't understand why they dropped Andrew Garfield, who seemed like
>he should be perfect at playing the kind of "funny" Spiderman.

Oh, I think he was the worst of the actors who played Spiderman. I liked how
he was closer to the smart-ass who taunted his opponants, but it just fell
flat to me.

anim8rfsk

Jul 12, 2017, 11:31:36 AM7/12/17
In article <ok5bb0$2tu$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> ijb...@mac.com wrote:
> >On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 9:14:40 AM UTC-7, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
> >> Until you mentioned that, I had completely forgotten that I saw
> >> SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING (theatrical) which is not a good sign.
> >>
> >> I tried desperately to like this. They did all sorts of stuff that
> >> Obveeus would give them a pass for but made me crazy. Harkening back to
> >> the 'they never get anything right' thread, first they made all Peter's
> >> blonde friends dark. Then realizing he was the only white person left,
> >> they made all the friends that are dark in the comics white, so they
> >> accomplished, well, nothing. Then they made the athlete a pudgy
> >> mathlete, it turns out Mary Jane has been there all along except she
> >> just goes (secretly) by MJ now and it doesn't stand for Mary Jane, and
> >> started switching around anything they could willy nilly.
> >
> >I've been despising this one, just based on the advertising and press,
> >for months.
>
> A FB friend described it better than how I could, that it's more about the
> suit Tony gave him than his abilities.

Yes. And the message of the movie they pound in is that 'if he can't do
it without the suit he shouldn't be doing it at all' and you know what?
He shouldn't be doing it. At all.

Ubiquitous

Jul 14, 2017, 1:28:41 PM7/14/17
In article <ojvta0$4qi$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com wrote:

>What did you watch?

TMC UNDERGROUND:
"Gymkata". Jonathan Cabot, the son of a Special Intelligence Agency operative,
is approaced by the agency about going to the Middle Eastern country of
Parmistan where all foreigners are forced to compete in the high-stakes
contest known as "the Game." The Game consists of an endurance race in which
the foreigners are chased by local warriors. Cabot's father participated in
the Game and never returned. Whoever wins is granted one wish, and Cabot
agrees to help the agency and use his wish to intall a United States early
warning device to prevent nuclear attacks.

LE TOUR DE FRANCE:
Stage nine.

THE WISDOM OF THE LOVE BOAT:
It's a Carnival Cruise! Literally!
• "Long Time No See". A friend of Stubing's who owns the carnival gets mixed
messages from Jan Smithers. It turns out she's his long-lost daughter and
bitter about him being a deadbeat dad and was planning some sort of revenge,
whatever that may be. It could have been "You just had SEX with your
DAUGHTER!", for all I know.
• "The Bear Essence". Two men with a "funny" bear act fall in love with a
"bear whisperer" and predictibly sabotage each other's efforts to woo her.
Coincidentally, their bear got away so they had a buy a replacement bear from
a street corner outside the boat dock and were too scared to perform with it
so the one guy put on a bear costume for the act and no one noticed! Anyhow,
to make up for the humiliation, the other wore the bear suit so his friend
could pretend to rescue her from the "escaped bear". Of course, the real bear
escaped and no one noticed the difference. Ugh.
• "Kisses and Makeup". A newlywed palm reader is reluctant to contraceive
their marriage because he's never seen her naked before. Really? You never saw
her without her gypsy bimbo costume?

THE WISDOM OF THE LOVE BOAT:
• "Julie and the Bachelor". Engelbert Humperdinck allows Julie to
shamelessly flirt and fraternize with him in front of his secret wife.
• "Intensive Care". His nurse and the crew are suspicious about a
wheelchair-bound Mister C.
• "Set-up for Romance". A guy who's accompanying his boss on what is a
business trip sees a woman who he has thing for and works at the company is
on the same cruise. He hopes that they can get together but she's with someone
already. That person turns out to be his boss, who told her he's going to
leave his wife for her.

RHoOC preview:
Gah!

SHAWS OF SUNSET preview:
GAH!

CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD:
This one featured a bunch of jocks. Why is there a three foot tall man on
the NBA team?

CANDY CRUSH:
Wasn't this game popular about ten years ago? Way to miss the boat, CBS! I
only watched this b/c nothing better was on and I don't think I ever watched a
game show in which I hoped ALL the contestants lost! Sheesh, what a bunch of
douchebag reality show fame whores! I don't think they ever explained how the
game is played, for that matter.

Ubiquitous

Jul 14, 2017, 2:22:38 PM7/14/17
t...@world.std.com wrote:

>I watched NG Earth Live. it was billed as live camera action of
>animals around the globe. It was mostly the hosts talking about
>the great technology, and all the wonderful people who film
>wildlife. I recorded for my grandson but I could condense the
>parts he will watch into about 10 minutes.
>4 thumbs down.

I am glad I forgot to watch it!

Ubiquitous

Jul 14, 2017, 2:25:36 PM7/14/17
In article <anim8rfsk-43D0D...@news.easynews.com>,
I see what you did there!

anim8rfsk

Jul 14, 2017, 4:37:53 PM7/14/17
In article <okauop$jhv$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <ojvta0$4qi$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com wrote:
>
> >What did you watch?
>

> THE WISDOM OF THE LOVE BOAT:
> It's a Carnival Cruise! Literally!
> • "Long Time No See". A friend of Stubing's who owns the carnival gets mixed
> messages from Jan Smithers. It turns out she's his long-lost daughter and
> bitter about him being a deadbeat dad and was planning some sort of revenge,
> whatever that may be. It could have been "You just had SEX with your
> DAUGHTER!", for all I know.

Yeah, at the very least he has perverted Jimmy Carter lust in his heart
for her, and that's exactly how she wanted it.

> • "The Bear Essence". Two men with a "funny" bear act fall in love with a
> "bear whisperer" and predictibly sabotage each other's efforts to woo her.
> Coincidentally, their bear got away so they had a buy a replacement bear from
> a street corner outside the boat dock and were too scared to perform with it
> so the one guy put on a bear costume for the act and no one noticed! Anyhow,
> to make up for the humiliation, the other wore the bear suit so his friend
> could pretend to rescue her from the "escaped bear". Of course, the real bear
> escaped and no one noticed the difference. Ugh.

And the end seems to imply and/or infer (Robin?) that the two trainers
are going to share the girl, or maybe have fourways with the bear, or
fiveways with both bears, or maybe one of the guys will wear the bear
suit in bed.

> • "Kisses and Makeup". A newlywed palm reader is reluctant to contraceive
> their marriage because he's never seen her naked before. Really? You never
> saw
> her without her gypsy bimbo costume?

It's worse than that - he's never touched her. Every inch of her is
padding, including her breasts and bum, and the hair is a wig, etc. etc.
etc.

> THE WISDOM OF THE LOVE BOAT:
> • "Julie and the Bachelor". Engelbert Humperdinck allows Julie to
> shamelessly flirt and fraternize with him in front of his secret wife.

His unattractive and unpleasant wife. So they get Julie's hopes up.

> • "Intensive Care". His nurse and the crew are suspicious about a
> wheelchair-bound Mister C.

Who's pretending to need a wheelchair to keep the nurse handy.

> • "Set-up for Romance". A guy who's accompanying his boss on what is a
> business trip sees a woman who he has thing for and works at the company is
> on the same cruise. He hopes that they can get together but she's with
> someone
> already. That person turns out to be his boss, who told her he's going to
> leave his wife for her.

And when she changes her mind, she goes literally from one guy's bed to
the other, without even stopping to douche.

Ubiquitous

Jul 16, 2017, 1:46:53 AM7/16/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
Heh. It sounded like they never did petting of any kind before getting
married. Whoever heard of puritanical carnies?

>> THE WISDOM OF THE LOVE BOAT:
>> • "Julie and the Bachelor". Engelbert Humperdinck allows Julie to
>> shamelessly flirt and fraternize with him in front of his secret wife.
>
>His unattractive and unpleasant wife. So they get Julie's hopes up.
>
>> • "Intensive Care". His nurse and the crew are suspicious about a
>> wheelchair-bound Mister C.
>
>Who's pretending to need a wheelchair to keep the nurse handy.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to date her?

>> • "Set-up for Romance". A guy who's accompanying his boss on what is a
>> business trip sees a woman who he has thing for and works at the company
>> is on the same cruise. He hopes that they can get together but she's with
>> someone already. That person turns out to be his boss, who told her he's
>> going to leave his wife for her.
>
>And when she changes her mind, she goes literally from one guy's bed to
>the other, without even stopping to douche.

What a slut!

anim8rfsk

Jul 16, 2017, 2:03:49 AM7/16/17
In article <Q8ednca6e4ZZYPfE...@giganews.com>,
LOL, yeah. I know people like that, but as you say, carnies?

> >> THE WISDOM OF THE LOVE BOAT:
> >> • "Julie and the Bachelor". Engelbert Humperdinck allows Julie to
> >> shamelessly flirt and fraternize with him in front of his secret wife.
> >
> >His unattractive and unpleasant wife. So they get Julie's hopes up.
> >
> >> • "Intensive Care". His nurse and the crew are suspicious about a
> >> wheelchair-bound Mister C.
> >
> >Who's pretending to need a wheelchair to keep the nurse handy.
>
> Wouldn't it have been cheaper to date her?

You'd think.

> >> • "Set-up for Romance". A guy who's accompanying his boss on what is a
> >> business trip sees a woman who he has thing for and works at the company
> >> is on the same cruise. He hopes that they can get together but she's with
> >> someone already. That person turns out to be his boss, who told her he's
> >> going to leave his wife for her.
> >
> >And when she changes her mind, she goes literally from one guy's bed to
> >the other, without even stopping to douche.
>
> What a slut!

Yeah, that was just creepy. All 6 of these stories were creepy and mean
spirited and unfunny.