What Did You Watch? 2012-06-13 (Wednesday)

Ubiquitous

Jun 14, 2012, 4:50:44 AM6/14/12
I watched:

THE HONEYMOONERS:
In a thinly-disguised opportunity to dance and perform, Ralph and Norton
and Alice and Trixy reherse for a lodge talent show.

THE MANY LOVES OF DOBIE GILLIS:
This was a popular TV show once? Gah. Dobie takes classes so he can be a
doctor and date a gold-digging bitch.

THE O'REILLY FACTOR
• Why Pres. Obama would lose if election were held tomorrow
• Is Obama's African American voter ad offensive? .
• Swearing in public... nudity... intoxication... what kind of conduct
should be illegal in front of children? John Stossel on that!

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY:
"Will He or Won't He". Alexis faces her biggest test yet: reporting
on-location for her final Fox 5 news segment, while Vicki pushes Brooks
to fix his teeth. Meanwhile, Gretchen accidentally uncovers Slade's plan
to propose, leading to a confrontation that puts them over the edge.
Then, Tamra gets a shock of her own when Eddie surprises her with a
romantic trip to Bora Bora, leaving her wondering what he's got up his
sleeve.

THE BOB NEWHART SHOW:
"What's It All About, Albert?". Bob, who is depressed about his job,
seeks advice from his college professor, who tells him pyschology is a
scam.

DALLAS:
"Pilot". Meh. I started watching partway into this ep, but I rememeber
Bobby Ewing was sppsd to be the "good guy" on the original show, so why
is he is an enviromentalist researching "green energy" now? Oh yeah, I
also found it too hard to swallow the nonsense that Miss Ellie (didn't
she die in the original series?) had willed Southfork be made into a
park/animal sanctuary and the guy who played Charity's gay boyfriend
on "Passions" and the lawnboy in the first season of "Desperate
Housewives" as John Ross.

What did you watch?

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2012, 6:54:19 AM6/14/12

"Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

A note from the world of TV music: Carlie Rea Jepsen reaches #1 (3rd place
on the fifth season of CANADIAN IDOL) on the Billboard Hot100 with 'CALL ME
MAYBE' for June 23rd, 2012

What I watched:

EPISODES: Episode #6 and #7 of this series. It is interesting how Matt
LeBlanc plays himself, yet plays an imaginary version of himself.

TOTAL DRAMA REVENGE OF THE ISLAND: the second episode...and the second
'pult' that I enjoyed.

OUTCASTS: the pilot for this 2011 UK series (via Netflix) about a group of
Earthlings settling on a new planet. Lots of stuff going on in this episode
and I am interested in seeing more.

CHARLIE JADE: the pilot episode for this 2005 Canadian series (via Netflix)
about a group of future Earthlings living in a multidimensional world.
Definitely interesting and I will be watching more episodes of this one.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 14, 2012, 6:55:59 AM6/14/12
Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>CHARLIE JADE: the pilot episode for this 2005 Canadian series (via Netflix)
>about a group of future Earthlings living in a multidimensional world.
>Definitely interesting and I will be watching more episodes of this one.

Uh, Canadian? Did you hear the accents? Did you hear what city it was
set in? Yes, it was actually filmed there and produced in that country.

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2012, 7:11:56 AM6/14/12

"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>CHARLIE JADE: the pilot episode for this 2005 Canadian series (via
>>Netflix)
>>about a group of future Earthlings living in a multidimensional world.
>>Definitely interesting and I will be watching more episodes of this one.
>
> Uh, Canadian?

Was it not originally made for SPACE Channel?

sctvguy

Jun 14, 2012, 8:29:52 AM6/14/12
The Glades(DVR'd). I just knew that Callie would take that job in Atlanta.
Living in SF myself, and around the fictional town of Palm Glade, Callie
should have no problem in finding a job as a nurse.

Royal Pains. So now Hank and Evan are competing for business? You know
that they are going to get back together. I think that Divya's mom is a
jackass, standing by the father(Mr. FiberOne) in an "old world" marriage
attitude.

Dogs in the City. My wife and I like this lite weight series. Of course,
the "city" is the star. Four dogs in a small beach house is asking for
trouble. Also, two bloodhounds in a tiny Brooklyn row house is cruel to the
dogs, they need to run around out in the country.

Dallas. DVR'd for watching later. Gotta' love Larry Hagman!

David Johnston

Jun 14, 2012, 9:31:25 AM6/14/12
It was a Canadian-South African joint production, but it was filmed in
South Africa and most of the actors were South African

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2012, 9:46:18 AM6/14/12
All of which really has no relevance at all to the fact that it is a
CANADIAN SERIES, just as I stated.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 14, 2012, 10:20:05 AM6/14/12
Assuming you were aware South Africa co-produced the show, referring to
it as a Canadian series with *no* mention of South Africa is at a
minimum misleading. Being South African, was the most memorable aspect
about the show IMO.

I watched:

Necessary Roughness (USA) - T.K., still traumatized from being shot
develops agoraphobia. Dani treats a roller derby player suffering from
a repressed memory; while her son argues he should be allowed to sleep
with his girlfriend at home. And he team's owner shows up and makes
himself the general manager but his decisions indicate he doesn't have
T.K.'s or the team's best interest at heart. This was much better than
last week and with the second case felt more like the first season.

Through the Wormhole (Science) - The decline of the series continues
with this week's topic, Is the universe alive.

Thorne: Sleepyhead (Encore) - This was ultimately disappointing. It
wasn't clear to me if the woman who wound up paralyzed was accidental or
intentional. I'm not sure if they ever stated a motivation for the
killer beyond traumatic childhood. And either I missed it or they drop
the idea that the killer had a medical background. The DVR said Sandra
Oh was supposed to be this series but it turns out she doesn't show up
until the next three episodes. Seeing her name in the description was
one of the main reasons I decided to sample this in the first place.

Duets - I watched the first third of this. It was OK. It's still an
inerior rip off of the Voice but it's watchable.

(Recorded for later: Dallas and Thorne: Scaredy Cat)

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 10:22:01 AM6/14/12
In article <jrc8q3$28k$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> DALLAS:
> "Pilot". Meh. I started watching partway into this ep, but I rememeber
> Bobby Ewing was sppsd to be the "good guy" on the original show, so why
> is he is an enviromentalist researching "green energy" now?

Same reason the women are smarter than the men but nobody knows it;
because the writer is an idiot. My favorite part is that nobody is able
to learn that Christopher's schemes are unleashing earthquakes (the
writer isn't smart enough to have heard of seaquakes) unless somebody
rats him out, when it's on freaking headlines in English written
newspapers.

Oh yeah, I
> also found it too hard to swallow the nonsense that Miss Ellie (didn't
> she die in the original series?) had willed Southfork be made into a
> park/animal sanctuary

I don't understand the terms of her trust at all, nor how JR's plan is
supposed to work. I don't believe the idiot writer does either.

and the guy who played Charity's gay boyfriend
> on "Passions" and the lawnboy in the first season of "Desperate
> Housewives" as John Ross.

I thought both actors were too young for the parts, but when I looked
them up, it seems they're both a couple years older than the originals.
Huh.

All it needed was for Christopher's wife to be frenching her brother and
it would have been complete. Trash.

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2012, 10:29:49 AM6/14/12

"Arthur Lipscomb" <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 6/14/2012 6:46 AM, Obveeus wrote:

>>> It was a Canadian-South African joint production, but it was filmed in
>>> South Africa and most of the actors were South African
>>
>> All of which really has no relevance at all to the fact that it is a
>> CANADIAN SERIES, just as I stated.
>>

> Assuming you were aware South Africa co-produced the show, referring to it
> as a Canadian series with *no* mention of South Africa is at a minimum
> misleading.

It wasn't misleading at all. Where it was filmed or the national origin of
cast members does not change the fact that it is a Canadian series. If
people want to add information, fine, but why the idiotic need to pretend
that the original information was not 100% correct?

> Being South African, was the most memorable aspect about the show IMO.

Since it is set in an imaginary universe(s), I certainly hope that isn't
true.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 14, 2012, 11:08:58 AM6/14/12
"This is a Canadian and South African co-production filmed in
conjunction with CHUM Television and the South African Industrial
Development Corporation (IDC)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Jade

Omitting South Africa makes your statement not 100% correct.

Lying by omission

Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs
when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception.
Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Lying_by_omission

Some of us are just trying to correct the record that this is not simply
a Canadian show.

I don't think you were trying to be deceitful but continuing to insist
omitting the fact South Africa co-financed the show would be like
insisting the Canadian space station is a 100% accurate description of
the international space station because Canada helped to finance it.
They *helped* but they did *not* do it alone and to omit the other
participants is not being 100% honest about the situation.

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2012, 11:10:51 AM6/14/12
In article <jrc8q3$28k$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Eureka (recorded) - "In Too Deep". This episode was trashed in other
threads, and I mostly agree with the trashing. I did like the Zane
development. And I was surprised they fired that one guy. But, mostly,
this episode was pretty bad, though Zoey was verbally referenced (she'd
better show up in the finale episode!...).

soaps: GH - Did they just write Sam out?! I hope not - that might
actually get me to quit this one... :/
DOOL - Gabi wasn't looking as good today as she does normally... :(
And Melanie With The Acting Ticks has apparently put on some weight.
P.S. Does anyone really believe Stefano is dead?! I'm sure he was just
listening as all of those people were spilling their secrets to his
"corpse".

H2O (recorded) - Eps 3.25 & 3.26, "A Date With Destiny" & "Graduation"
(series finale).
Season #3 ends decently, I guess (which makes the finale
significantly above average for the season). But, overall, rewatching
this season's reruns just confirmed my original impression - that season
#3 was this show's weakest, by far.
In the end, the Moon Pool is basically destroyed (is that so the
girls can go elsewhere for college?). Zane blows his last $10k on
Sophie's foolish scheme to destroy the Moon Pool, so I guess Rikki's
cafe will close its doors the next day (this unpleasant plot point is
totally ignored at the end of the finale, however). Oh, and Zane's
father is back to being a d*ck (off-screen), I guess, despite his dad's
rehabilitation at the end of season #1?!
Let me just reiterate again how annoyed I am by Chloe's "This is why
the three of us were chosen as mermaids" line - Uh, Chloe, the "three of
you" that were chosen as mermaids for this mission were you, Rikki, AND
*EMMA*, not you, Rikki, and Bella! So where's Emma?!?!!
But I very much like that they got Angus McLaren back to play Lewis
for the finale - that's a really great touch.
However, the graduation scene is pretty bungled: we only see Chloe's
family (but NOT Chloe's season #1 RealMom) - Rikki's season #2 dad is
nowhere to be seen; and Bella's parents/family (whom we never meet in
the entirety of season #3!) are also absent!! And, of course, no Emma.
ALIEN SURF GIRLS ALERT!! - In the graduation scene, right before
Bella gets her diploma, a "Lucy Fry" is called up to get hers. You only
catch a glimpse of her, but it is indeed the same Lucy Fry (though not
as a blonde here) who plays Zoey on "Alien Surf Girls"! (Was this some
really subtle attempt a 'cross-promotion' between the shows?! Or is Lucy
Fry related to someone, and that's how she got the ASG gig?!!)
Call me a dreamer, but I would love it if someone would do a
follow-up theatrical movie to this series, with *all four* leads. That
could be fun, and three of the four leads are now known (or soon will
be!) to American audiences, so... ;)

Alien Surf Girls (recorded) - Eps 1.9 & 1.10, "The Cane Field" & "Circle
of Friends".
Adam complained because "The Cane Field" wasn't a "funny" episode.
Nonetheless I liked it as an 'arc' episode. It also excelled as an
episode for, IIRC, featuring *all* of the show's leads in important
capacities.
Of course, "Circle of Friends" was even better, as this was an
episode with some "funny" moments. I liked the bit where Kiki shows up
to the party dressed in white, and Zoey in black: that was a nice touch
- I'm sure they were trying to say something with that, though I'm not
sure what yet... The scene where Zoey tries to "dance" (and then
embarrasses herself in front of the crowd) was a hoot - this was the
first evidence I've seen that Lucy Fry is at least somewhat capable as
an actress (though maybe only as a comedic one?). I also loved the way
Zoey shut Brandon down! - heh. Meanwhile, Kiki finally gets some 'funk'
down with Luka, and manages to figure out how to suppress her little
"glowing" problem.
In the end, Amber concludes that there are already aliens on Earth,
Brandon is convinced aliens may exist, and CopMom is starting to get
suspicious...

Franklin & Bash (recorded) - "Viper". This was a decent episode that was
more a 'return to form' of season #1 F&B. For one thing, Janie reappears
(I was convinced she was going to be entirely absent in season #2). For
another, F&B are back to doing "quirky" cases - this time, it was Sean
Astin that they defended.

Hollywood Heights (series premiere) (NICK (at Nite)) - Look, I've never
really watched a real telenovela before. But I've got to think most of
them have more going on in their 'pilot' episodes than this show did.
This pilot was all 'establishment', but almost nothing happened.
I'll watch a few more of these, because it has a decent cast: OLTL's
Brittany Underwood, Grayson McCouch, and Meredith Salenger (who looks
like she's a million years old now - if I went to school with her, does
that mean I'm a million years old too??!!). But this pilot was *not* a
good start... :/

Recorded for later: Melissa & Joey (x1), Dallas (x2), and The Soup.

--
"Surf-crazed aliens... Of course." - Amber, "Alien Surf Girls",
Episode #1.1, "Wipeout".

BTR1701

Jun 14, 2012, 11:34:26 AM6/14/12
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-653...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <jrc8q3$28k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > What did you watch?
>
> Eureka (recorded) - "In Too Deep". This episode was trashed in other
> threads, and I mostly agree with the trashing. I did like the Zane
> development. And I was surprised they fired that one guy. But, mostly,
> this episode was pretty bad, though Zoey was verbally referenced (she'd
> better show up in the finale episode!...).

When Alison was fretting about merging their families, and said "your
kids and my kids", it took me a minute to remember that Jack actually
has a kid.

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2012, 11:33:49 AM6/14/12
What has 'co production' got to do with where the show aired?

> Some of us are just trying to correct the record that this is not simply a
> Canadian show.
>
> I don't think you were trying to be deceitful but continuing to insist
> omitting the fact South Africa co-financed the show would be like
> insisting the Canadian space station is a 100% accurate description of the
> international space station because Canada helped to finance it.

No, it would be similar to my claiming that the International Space Station
was located in space...followed by some posters trying to correct me by
explaining that it was financed by earth based entities.

shawn

Jun 14, 2012, 11:51:00 AM6/14/12
LOL. She's another person that was cut from this season to save money
(like Henry's wife.)

chicagofan

Jun 14, 2012, 11:53:53 AM6/14/12
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> soaps: GH - Did they just write Sam out?! I hope not - that might
> actually get me to quit this one... :/

Don't think so... but according to online rumors they are writing out 3 or 4 other characters. I'm wondering if Sonny
and Luke will be all that's left at the end. ;)
bj

Mason Barge

Jun 14, 2012, 12:05:39 PM6/14/12

>Dogs in the City. My wife and I like this lite weight series. Of course,
>the "city" is the star. Four dogs in a small beach house is asking for
>trouble. Also, two bloodhounds in a tiny Brooklyn row house is cruel to the
>dogs, they need to run around out in the country.

Not to mention cruelty to animals. Could you imagine walking around NYC
with a super sense of smell? They can't even pinch their noses.

Mason Barge

Jun 14, 2012, 12:21:57 PM6/14/12

STRICTLY IRISH DANCING

I didn't mean to watch it, it just came on at 10 and I got hooked.

This was an hour about the world Irish Dancing Championships, and it
followed four kids, a 12-year-old-boy (who won first place), two girls in
the "under 19" category (one from Atlanta, one from Ireland) and the
previous year's world champion (from England) in the "under 21".

They did a good job, mostly because they didn't have studio execs
explaining to them why they couldn't show the actual dancing.

They had plenty of back story and it got a little confused sometimes, but
they definitely showed long shots of the routines as well as 10-20 second
shots of unfeatured dancers. Top body, legs and feet, full body, full
stage: really, Breaking Pointe needs to take some lessons from these guys
in how to film dancers.

I'm not a fan at all of "Irish Dancing" but a) the skill level and
difficulty was really high and 2) lots of shapely legs doing pretty
things!!!

The boy and the 20-yr-old girl both won the overall world championship.
The girls in the "under 19" came in 3d and 8th and were both thrilled. And
the little boy got mobbed by cute 12-year-old girls after he won, LOL! If
I'd known then what I know now,sigh.

Notably, the Irish called all the competitors "children", even the
20-year-old.

Grade: A

I tried two shows On Demand and turned them off after 5 minutes, but I
can't even remember what they were. There is a LOT of bad tv out there.

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 12:26:06 PM6/14/12
In article <atropos-C023CF...@news-europe.giganews.com>,
Hee hee, yeah, except, an adult kid off at college, unlikely to live
with them again. And Alison's older kid is about to be the same. Her
family blending issues seemed pretty baseless.

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 12:26:26 PM6/14/12
In article <512kt7lvu0q4jc5q9...@4ax.com>,
At least it makes sense for Zoe not to be there.

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2012, 12:50:33 PM6/14/12
So, I'm guessing they're unloading those 3-4 to keep the OLTL hangers-
on hanging around?! They got rid of John (finally!), I guess (if they
bring him back, they'd better bring Melissa Archer over the next time
too!!). And I guess Tea and Blair are gone. But I get the distinct
impression that Todd and Starr are going to be hanging around
*permanently*.

I'll guess that they're going to write out Johnny, Kate, and possibly
Steven Weber and Olivia...

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 1:45:04 PM6/14/12
In article <8PkCr.374800$%Q3.1...@en-nntp-15.dc1.easynews.com>,
sctvguy <sctv...@invalid.net> wrote:

> Royal Pains. So now Hank and Evan are competing for business? You know
> that they are going to get back together. I think that Divya's mom is a
> jackass, standing by the father(Mr. FiberOne) in an "old world" marriage
> attitude.

Okay, I chattered at the Peachinator while this was on. Here's what we
said:

Watching last night's Royal Pains
I forgot that it started with the happy happy faking out that Evan
had been immolated.
2 minutes in and I hate this show
hank runs in and says "I'm a doctor" and the fireman orders
another guy to give him his jacket and lets hank in. nobody asks for any
ID or anything
or, you know, what KIND of doctor
and none of the firefighters or paramedics have ever met Hank
before (how big IS the Hamptons?) but all take his orders without him
identifying himself
5 minutes in and I now hate Divya's mom as much as I hate her
father
Ooooh, evan got hurt
damn
not bad enough

so these new doctors that even hired ... he imported them???
and they MOVED there?

in a DAY!?!?!?

How can Evan make schedules for Dr Annoying?

Bascially he's available when he's NOT at the hospital

and how can it take a 16 page manifesto to say "profit is more important
than the patient"?

Peachzilla: except that Dr. Annoying was only willing to give what.. 10
hours a week? So that's not even close to all the time he isn't at the
hospital

yeah, none of it makes sense
still better than Dallas
wtf?
they're dividing up the clients????
as if the clients don't have anything to say about it?
as if anybody is going to go with Evan
and now it gets worse
Divya is wearing pants
and we have our first "punch evan in the face" moment

OMG
hank opens his medical bag and starts handling instruments and
examining a patient after petting half a dozen strange dogs and not so
much as washing his hands or gloving up

Peacharella: normal Hank

In what possible alternate universe would Divya possibly consider
going with Evan?
Evan and Doctor Annoying, who's been sexually harassing her?
The first time new patient calls she gets Hank, and an hour later
she gets Evan? And the weasly rat bastard is patient snatching already???
They ... brought a full body CT to somebody's garage?

Please please please send Evan and Doctor Annoying to prison.

Evan tricks Divya into coming to work with a phony emergency
hit him in the face with a pointy stick

I can't imagine what a take home CT would cost. $50k?
100?

Hmm. Do they take it out of service from Hamptons? Add a zero to
that. Maybe they helicopter it up from the manufacturer?
either way it should arrive with a tech and probably an operator

NO
NO NO NO NO NO
JILLS JOB FELL THROUGH
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LEAVE
LEAVE
LEAVE
PLEASE LEAVE
LEAVE THE COUNTRY
LEAVE THE CONTINENT
LEAVE THE HEMISPHERE
LEAVE THE PLANET
OMG she's going to stay and move in with Hank, isn't she?

Divya's finally wearing a skirt
and it's knee length
I am offended
I'm also on the thin edge of telling the DVR to not record this
again

what I worry about is that she was injured enough to have serious
symptoms and yet the CT said she was okay
Now, if they'd had a tech running it, or showed a readout.. Or,
if, you know, it had actually found the problem, and not just returned
the incorrect diagnosis they were already trying to push on her.

Peachinski: well, the specialist issue is one they have with virtually
every patient they treat

and that's a problem with this entire new format

and always has been with Evan's idiotic 'franchise hankmed' schemes
Hank is magic one of a kind superdoctor
and divya is magic one of a kind dear god look at her equipment
superPA

Evan's business plan is that 'any schmuck like me can make this
work with anybody with a degree doing what I say
and that somehow he can get rich by selling the idea outside of
the Hamptons with his brand on it, when in this episode, most of the
people in the Hamptons, including rescue folk, had never heard of them

and that girl doctor from last year should have the market sewn up by
now anyway

divya deciding to divya herself between them (har har) might be
the deal breaker for me
especially after Evan did nothing but lie to her and try to trick
her, again

I don't know what criteria Divya's using
other than "the one guy is a great doctor and person, and the
other guy is a skeevy lying crook who doesn't care about anything but
cheating people and his crummy doctor who's been harassing me"
oh, and for inexplicable reasons, she likes Jill, who she may or
may not know is going with Hank

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 1:45:44 PM6/14/12
In article <8PkCr.374800$%Q3.1...@en-nntp-15.dc1.easynews.com>,
sctvguy <sctv...@invalid.net> wrote:

> The Glades(DVR'd). I just knew that Callie would take that job in Atlanta.
> Living in SF myself, and around the fictional town of Palm Glade, Callie
> should have no problem in finding a job as a nurse.

Or doing outcall massage. Tomato, Tomahto.

suzeeq

Jun 14, 2012, 1:46:19 PM6/14/12
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article <jrc8q3$28k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Eureka (recorded) - "In Too Deep". This episode was trashed in other
> threads, and I mostly agree with the trashing. I did like the Zane
> development. And I was surprised they fired that one guy. But, mostly,
> this episode was pretty bad, though Zoey was verbally referenced (she'd
> better show up in the finale episode!...).
>
> soaps: GH - Did they just write Sam out?! I hope not - that might
> actually get me to quit this one... :/
> DOOL - Gabi wasn't looking as good today as she does normally... :(
> And Melanie With The Acting Ticks has apparently put on some weight.
> P.S. Does anyone really believe Stefano is dead?! I'm sure he was just
> listening as all of those people were spilling their secrets to his
> "corpse".

Heh, Stefano probably kidnapped another person and through surgery had
him stand in for him. Joe Mascolo will be gone for a while, maybe taking
the summer off.

chicagofan

Jun 14, 2012, 1:55:58 PM6/14/12
Do you really want to know? Even though these are unconfirmed rumors, I feel they are spoilers if you don't want to
know. :)

I understand John will be back... without Natalie. The trip home will apparently lead to a break up. Not sure.
Unfortunately Todd and Starr are there to stay. :(

About DOOL... you won't have the aggravation of Melanie's tics much longer, but I'll hate to see her go. There are SO
many bad actors on DOOL they could do without. :)
bj

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2012, 2:11:09 PM6/14/12
On Jun 14, 10:55 am, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:

> >> Don't think so... but according to online rumors they are writing out 3 or 4 other characters.
> >> I'm wondering if Sonny and Luke will be all that's left at the end.  ;)
> >> bj
> >
> > So, I'm guessing they're unloading those 3-4 to keep the OLTL hangers-
> > on hanging around?! They got rid of John (finally!), I guess (if they
> > bring him back, they'd better bring Melissa Archer over the next time
> > too!!). And I guess Tea and Blair are gone. But I get the distinct
> > impression that Todd and Starr are going to be hanging around
> > *permanently*.
>
> > I'll guess that they're going to write out Johnny, Kate, and possibly
> > Steven Weber and Olivia...
>
> Do you really want to know?

Yeah, I do - GH is not important enough to me that I care about being
"spoiled"... ;)

> Even though these are unconfirmed rumors,
> I feel they are spoilers if you don't want to know.  :)
>
> I understand John will be back... without Natalie.
> The trip home will apparently lead to a break up.  Not sure.
> Unfortunately Todd and Starr are there to stay.  :(

Awful! - Of course those morons at GH don't realize what they could
have if they brought over Melissa Archer.

Anyway, if Sam is gone, I really will drop GH after this news... >:/
(But, I suspect if they're bringing John back without Natalie, it's so
he can hook up with Sam. That may also get me to drop GH...
[grrrrr....] )

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 14, 2012, 2:37:16 PM6/14/12
Thank you for owning up to your error.

The production company was South African, not Canadian. The Canadians
provided part of the financing up front. Clearly the South Africans are
the more important partners and you'd list them first when speaking of
country of origin.

Nice selective snipping job, in which I explained exactly what made it
a South African series, which David Johnston had to repeat because you'd
deliberately not quoted what I written.

You're seriously immature, dude, when you get caught saying something wrong.

chicagofan

Jun 14, 2012, 2:46:25 PM6/14/12
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On Jun 14, 10:55 am, chicagofan<m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball wrote: @ Soaps - GH
>>> I'll guess that they're going to write out Johnny, Kate, and possibly
>>> Steven Weber and Olivia...
>> Do you really want to know?
> Yeah, I do - GH is not important enough to me that I care about being
> "spoiled"... ;)

One of the online soap mags is saying the doctor brothers are both leaving, Patrick and Matt, the new doctor Ewen
Keenan, and Elizabeth Webber.

I was beginning to like the new doctor after they finally gave him a storyline, so naturally they're writing him out.
I'm surprised to see Patrick and Elizabeth on the list though.

>> I understand John will be back... without Natalie.
>> The trip home will apparently lead to a break up. Not sure.
>> Unfortunately Todd and Starr are there to stay. :(
> Awful! - Of course those morons at GH don't realize what they could
> have if they brought over Melissa Archer.
>
> Anyway, if Sam is gone, I really will drop GH after this news...>:/
> (But, I suspect if they're bringing John back without Natalie, it's so
> he can hook up with Sam. That may also get me to drop GH...
> [grrrrr....] )

Ahh... I thought you would be happy enough if Sam just stayed. :) I'm disgusted with the way they have ruined
Johnny Z's character.
bj

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 3:20:37 PM6/14/12
In article <jrd8jf$585$1...@dont-email.me>, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net>
Man, I had to read that three times to make sure you didn't say
something naughty ...

chicagofan

Jun 14, 2012, 3:51:16 PM6/14/12
LOL!!! Please note that I usually skip out on all threads discussing female boobs. ;) I have zero interest in that
topic. :)
bj

Jim G.

Jun 14, 2012, 4:16:32 PM6/14/12
David Johnston sent the following on 6/14/2012 8:31 AM:
> On 6/14/2012 5:11 AM, Obveeus wrote:

>>> Uh, Canadian?
>>
>> Was it not originally made for SPACE Channel?
>>
> It was a Canadian-South African joint production,

The commute for those morning staff meetings must have been a treat.

--
Jim G. | Waukesha, WI
"I find it's best if you just ... go with it." -- Lincoln Lee, providing

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2012, 4:27:27 PM6/14/12
On Jun 14, 11:46 am, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
> >> Do you really want to know?
> > Yeah, I do - GH is not important enough to me that I care about being
> > "spoiled"...  ;)
>
> One of the online soap mags is saying the doctor brothers are both
> leaving, Patrick and Matt,

I won't miss either, to be honest.

> the new doctor Ewen Keenan, and Elizabeth Webber.
>
> I was beginning to like the new doctor after they finally gave
> him a storyline, so naturally they're writing him out.
> I'm surprised to see Patrick and Elizabeth on the list though.

They're going to write out Lizzie??!!! I sure didn't see that coming!
In fact, as it's just a rumor currently, I'm doubting its veracity.

Anyway, why keep Stephen Webber around, but dump Lizzie?!

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 4:52:24 PM6/14/12
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-653...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> Alien Surf Girls (recorded) - Eps 1.9 & 1.10, "The Cane Field" & "Circle
> of Friends".
> Adam complained because "The Cane Field" wasn't a "funny" episode.
> Nonetheless I liked it as an 'arc' episode. It also excelled as an
> episode for, IIRC, featuring *all* of the show's leads in important
> capacities.
> Of course, "Circle of Friends" was even better, as this was an
> episode with some "funny" moments. I liked the bit where Kiki shows up
> to the party dressed in white, and Zoey in black: that was a nice touch
> - I'm sure they were trying to say something with that, though I'm not
> sure what yet...

That Kiki is hot?

The scene where Zoey tries to "dance" (and then
> embarrasses herself in front of the crowd) was a hoot - this was the
> first evidence I've seen that Lucy Fry is at least somewhat capable as

agreed

> an actress (though maybe only as a comedic one?). I also loved the way
> Zoey shut Brandon down! - heh. Meanwhile, Kiki finally gets some 'funk'
> down with Luka, and manages to figure out how to suppress her little
> "glowing" problem.

So how old are these girls? The reaction to Kiki liking kissing was at
the level of preteens; Zoey I understand, but Amber??? Shouldn't the
girls be practice kissing each other?

> In the end, Amber concludes that there are already aliens on Earth,
> Brandon is convinced aliens may exist, and CopMom is starting to get
> suspicious...

Ambers conclusion that there have been aliens on earth in the past and
that they are still here now mystified me, unless the 'now' was Kiki and
Zoey, but why bother pointing that out ... to Kiki and Zoey?

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 4:53:56 PM6/14/12
In article <jrdfbk$gl9$1...@dont-email.me>, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:
And I was perplexed as to how you 'aggravate' them as well!

"Look out, Ian, that one's getting angry ... IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!"

shawn

Jun 14, 2012, 5:03:47 PM6/14/12
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:26:26 -0700, anim8rFSK <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:
True. I've never quite figured out why Henry's wife isn't around. I
know she's off doing something but just what I never figured out.

chicagofan

Jun 14, 2012, 5:10:48 PM6/14/12
Heheeheee..... You know... that might be possible these days! ;)
bj

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2012, 5:20:28 PM6/14/12

"anim8rFSK" <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> I also loved the way
>> Zoey shut Brandon down! - heh. Meanwhile, Kiki finally gets some 'funk'
>> down with Luka, and manages to figure out how to suppress her little
>> "glowing" problem.
>
> So how old are these girls? The reaction to Kiki liking kissing was at
> the level of preteens; Zoey I understand, but Amber??? Shouldn't the
> girls be practice kissing each other?

That new ABC show, THE GLASS HOUSE seems right up your alley. I have heard
rumors that, when you come up with ideas like this, you can send them in via
email and have the cast play them out like trained monkeys.

chicagofan

Jun 14, 2012, 5:25:21 PM6/14/12
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On Jun 14, 11:46 am, chicagofan<m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>> Yeah, I do - GH is not important enough to me that I care about being
>>> "spoiled"... ;)
>> One of the online soap mags is saying the doctor brothers are both
>> leaving, Patrick and Matt,
> I won't miss either, to be honest.

Me either, but I have to confess Jason Thompson [Patrick] did some terrific acting after Robin's death. I didn't know
he was capable of such emotional depth. He gave some Emmy worthy performances in the past six months.

>> the new doctor Ewen Keenan, and Elizabeth Webber.
>>
>> I was beginning to like the new doctor after they finally gave
>> him a storyline, so naturally they're writing him out.
>> I'm surprised to see Patrick and Elizabeth on the list though.
> They're going to write out Lizzie??!!! I sure didn't see that coming!
> In fact, as it's just a rumor currently, I'm doubting its veracity.

I didn't know whether to believe that or not, because she was definitely on her way out several months ago, and then I
thought when they reversed it, she was safe now. [There was a big write in campaign to saver her.]

> Anyway, why keep Stephen Webber around, but dump Lizzie?!

I guess his nutty mother, Heather Webber will be filling Lizzie's shoes in Stephen's life. They obviously think
Heather's criminal escapades are more entertaining than steady Elizabeth.
bj

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2012, 5:29:43 PM6/14/12
On Jun 14, 2:25 pm, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
> > They're going to write out Lizzie??!!! I sure didn't see that coming!
> > In fact, as it's just a rumor currently, I'm doubting its veracity.
>
> I didn't know whether to believe that or not, because she was x
> Harpootlianon her way out several months ago, and then I
> thought when they reversed it, she was safe now.
> [There was a big write in campaign to saver her.]
>
> > Anyway, why keep Stephen Webber around, but dump Lizzie?!
>
> I guess his nutty mother, Heather Webber will be filling Lizzie's
> shoes in Stephen's life.   They obviously think Heather's criminal
> escapades are more entertaining than steady Elizabeth.

Yeah, they're *dead* wrong about that. Heather Webber already has me
putting one foot out the door... >:/

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2012, 5:30:31 PM6/14/12
On Jun 14, 2:20 pm, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:
> "anim8rFSK" <anim8r...@cox.net> wrote:
Humans can't do the sexy alien energy-recharge dance properly... :(

David Johnston

Jun 14, 2012, 6:09:08 PM6/14/12
On 6/14/2012 2:50 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> DALLAS:
> "Pilot".

I was going to watch that, but there was other stuff on and I'm busy
with home renovations in the early evening.

THE LISTENER (CTV) ***

You know back in the day, you'd have the protagonist falling in love for
a single episode like, 6 times a season. Downright fickle I called it.
This was kind of like that. Toby gets assigned to work undercover as
the assistant to a bitchy pop star who someone is trying to kill. But
it turns out she's the tsundere type and who better than a telepath to
get to the marshmellow core? But before the romance can really get up
and running, off she flies on a world-wide tour. So much for that.
Also, apparently black record producers are acceptable targets. I don't
think I've ever seen one on TV who wasn't either a violent criminal, or
working closely with a violent criminal.

Oh, and CTV and Muchmusic make it obvious that they are owned by the
same people. I don't think that used to be the case.

MURDOCH MYSTERIES (CITYTV) ****

The new season doesn't seem to have as many anachronisms as previous
ones. Well you know apart from solving the JFK assassination here.

THE DAILY SHOW/COLBERT REPORT (Comedy) ***

Wait...seriously? I haven't been paying too much attention to American
politics recently because the funny part of the election is over but I
had heard some squawking about leaks of classified information intended
to make Obama look good.

Is that what the "information" is? That Obama has a whole hitlist of
assassination targets, and the collateral damage estimates will be
massaged by assuming that every adult male in the vicinity of a
designated target is a terrorist.

And this is supposed to make Obama look good?

anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2012, 8:15:10 PM6/14/12
In article <dckkt75p5997scdem...@4ax.com>,
Like Allison, she's messed up from the Matrix; unlike Allison, she has
good reason (Evol Henry tried to kill her and all).

shawn

Jun 14, 2012, 9:39:46 PM6/14/12
In the eyes of some people yes. I won't go into which people but let's
just say that they sit on the far right side of the bench. :)

Jim G.

Jun 14, 2012, 5:40:43 PM6/14/12
anim8rFSK sent the following on 6/14/2012 11:26 AM:
Yep. Henry's wife, OTOH, is surely a Day casualty, which sucks on two
fronts. I really liked her, even though the writers had her acting as
stupidly as Allison in the aftermath of the matrix stuff, at which point
she became *almost* as annoying as Allison continues to be.

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2012, 4:42:32 AM6/15/12
In article <jrdne1$61j$1...@dont-email.me>, davidjo...@block.com
wrote:
>On 6/14/2012 2:50 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> DALLAS:
>> "Pilot".
>
>I was going to watch that, but there was other stuff on and I'm busy
>with home renovations in the early evening.

I wouldn't be in any rush to watch, if I were you.

>THE DAILY SHOW/COLBERT REPORT (Comedy) ***
>
>Wait...seriously? I haven't been paying too much attention to American
>politics recently because the funny part of the election is over but I
>had heard some squawking about leaks of classified information intended
>to make Obama look good.
>
>Is that what the "information" is? That Obama has a whole hitlist of
>assassination targets, and the collateral damage estimates will be
>massaged by assuming that every adult male in the vicinity of a
>designated target is a terrorist.
>
>And this is supposed to make Obama look good?

Yes, they think it will make Obama look like a great president like
George Bush and Ronald Reagan.

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2012, 4:44:26 AM6/15/12
sctv...@invalid.net wrote:

>Dogs in the City. My wife and I like this lite weight series. Of course,
>the "city" is the star. Four dogs in a small beach house is asking for
>trouble.

I think the correct title is _Sex_ In The City.

Mason Barge

Jun 15, 2012, 11:40:56 AM6/15/12
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 04:44:26 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>sctv...@invalid.net wrote:
>
>>Dogs in the City. My wife and I like this lite weight series. Of course,
>>the "city" is the star. Four dogs in a small beach house is asking for
>>trouble.
>
>I think the correct title is _Sex_ In The City.

Hehe. But it would be "Three Dogs and Kristin Davis".

David Barnett

Jun 15, 2012, 3:39:32 PM6/15/12
In article <jrc8q3$28k$1...@dont-email.me>,
web...@polaris.net says...

> What did you watch?

Yesterday, Thursday June 14, I watched
SILK: 2-01, my favorite show atm.
Indira Varma as George Duggan, a female QC is apparently
in all episodes of this season, which would be offputting
for some of you who reviled her as Ilsa Pucci in Human
Target IIRC.

Today I have watched so far:
SILENT WITNESS: Domestic (1)
Despite its age & different cast from the early episodes
with Amanda Burton, still a good UK show IMNSHO.

ROYAL PAINS: Imperfect Storm.
Still haven't finished watching this yet
Hoping Hankmed 2.0 does not last too many episodes.
Divya's mother is unbelievable & that is MVHO.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

Jun 15, 2012, 3:39:32 PM6/15/12
In article <8PkCr.374800$%Q3.171621@en-nntp-
15.dc1.easynews.com>, sctv...@invalid.net says...
> > What did you watch?
<snip>

> Royal Pains. So now Hank and Evan are competing for business? You know
> that they are going to get back together. I think that Divya's mom is a
> jackass, standing by the father(Mr. FiberOne) in an "old world" marriage
> attitude.

In a previous post I did say I thought Divya's mom was
unbelievable. "Blood is thicker than water" and so surely
she must have more feelings for her daughter than her
husband.

As for Hank and Evan getting back together, how long is it
going to take? I don't know why, but I find all this
irritating.

Also irritating me is no Boris.
However, Jill does not irritate me, contrary to other
posters.

As in other episodes Hank performs fantastic measures
which I, as a former GP, would never have been able to do.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

Jun 15, 2012, 3:39:32 PM6/15/12
In article <anim8rfsk-2E5901.10450414062012
@news.easynews.com>, anim...@cox.net says...

> [...]
>
> Hmm. Do they take it out of service from Hamptons? Add a zero to
> that. Maybe they helicopter it up from the manufacturer?
> either way it should arrive with a tech and probably an operator
>
> NO
> NO NO NO NO NO
> JILLS JOB FELL THROUGH
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
> LEAVE
> LEAVE
> LEAVE
> PLEASE LEAVE
> LEAVE THE COUNTRY
> LEAVE THE CONTINENT
> LEAVE THE HEMISPHERE
> LEAVE THE PLANET
> OMG she's going to stay and move in with Hank, isn't she?
>
> Divya's finally wearing a skirt
> and it's knee length
> I am offended
> I'm also on the thin edge of telling the DVR to not record this

That was some lengthy comments on the show but it gave me
some LOLs.
I've already posted my own comments in a post converted
from WDYW

--
David Barnett

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 16, 2012, 3:44:05 PM6/16/12
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>sctv...@invalid.net says...

>>Royal Pains. So now Hank and Evan are competing for business? You know
>>that they are going to get back together. I think that Divya's mom is a
>>jackass, standing by the father(Mr. FiberOne) in an "old world" marriage
>>attitude.

>In a previous post I did say I thought Divya's mom was
>unbelievable. "Blood is thicker than water" and so surely
>she must have more feelings for her daughter than her
>husband.

What, you don't believe this is the way a modern immigrant family which
made its fortune through modern means would behave? I'm sure there's a much
higher share of arranged marriages like this in families of substantial
means on tv than in real life.

>As for Hank and Evan getting back together, how long is it
>going to take? I don't know why, but I find all this
>irritating.

As I've noted before, Hank styles himself as a free spirit and independent,
but he's among the most dependent guys we've ever seen on tv. He got
fired in the pilot and he wallowed in self pity for, what, two months. He
lives a lifestyle in the Hamptons he can't possibly afford, thanks to
Boris. And the only reason why he has patients who pay their bills and
spending money is due to his brother.

This week, we learn that Hank has neither the skills nor the inclination
to manage a medical practice. No shit. Well, we knew that. Now, Hank
knows it.

>Also irritating me is no Boris.

Actually, I don't want Boris to appear on one of their typical mediocre
episodes. Save him for the few times they do a decent episode.

>However, Jill does not irritate me, contrary to other
>posters.

For three seasons, they've dragged out a story arc that she's being written
out of the show, she's being written out of the show, she's being written
out of the show. Now, she's not being written out of the show.

Maybe Jill Flint isn't irritating, but Jill Casey sure as hell is.

>As in other episodes Hank performs fantastic measures
>which I, as a former GP, would never have been able to do.

In a first for this show, Hank uses actual medical equipment to perform
his life-saving miracles.

The stuff with the nephew was unbelievably stupid. Any teenager who says
he's not abusing drugs with symptoms like that is assumed to be lying;
Hank didn't believe him, hence the urine sample. But the kid said he was
drinking over-the-counter cold medicine by the gallon-ful, which Hank ignored.

Hunter

Jun 18, 2012, 3:51:22 AM6/18/12
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:08:58 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 6/14/2012 7:29 AM, Obveeus wrote:

>>> Assuming you were aware South Africa co-produced the show, referring to it
>>> as a Canadian series with *no* mention of South Africa is at a minimum
>>> misleading.
>>
>> It wasn't misleading at all. Where it was filmed or the national origin of
>> cast members does not change the fact that it is a Canadian series. If
>> people want to add information, fine, but why the idiotic need to pretend
>> that the original information was not 100% correct?
>
>"This is a Canadian and South African co-production filmed in
>conjunction with CHUM Television and the South African Industrial
>Development Corporation (IDC)."
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Jade
>
>Omitting South Africa makes your statement not 100% correct.
>
>Lying by omission
>
>Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs
>when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception.
>Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Lying_by_omission
>
>Some of us are just trying to correct the record that this is not simply
>a Canadian show.
>
>I don't think you were trying to be deceitful but continuing to insist
>omitting the fact South Africa co-financed the show would be like
>insisting the Canadian space station is a 100% accurate description of
>the international space station because Canada helped to finance it.
>They *helped* but they did *not* do it alone and to omit the other
>participants is not being 100% honest about the situation.
-------
I get what you are saying the Space Shuttle could be called Canadian
because of that giant manipulator arm. LOL!!

------>Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907