Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, March 1)

Robin Miller

Mar 1, 2018, 4:17:30 PM3/1/18

21 Thunder [new to US; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Players and coaches for a Montreal soccer team chase dreams of stardom
while their personal lives erupt with love, fear, passion and violence.
Eight-episode Canadian drama originally shown on CBC.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6145878/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Thunder

http://www.cbc.ca/21thunder/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80215076

Adel Karam: Live from Beirut (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/television/from-netflix-honour-to-the-oscars-adel-karam-s-big-week-ahead-1.708309

https://www.netflix.com/title/80203919

Gotham (season 4 spring premiere) (8 pm, Fox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0WxCzIdLIY

A.P. Bio (timeslot premiere plus special time; two episodes)
(8:30 and 9:30 pm, NBC)

Regular timeslot is 8:30 pm. These are episodes three and four.

Showtime at the Apollo [new; reboot] (9 pm, Fox)

This is the second episode, but the official premiere. The first episode
was shown on Dec. 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGH4_N4StA4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showtime_at_the_Apollo

https://www.fox.com/showtime-at-the-apollo/

American Ninja Warrior: Ninja vs. Ninja [new] (9 pm, USA)

Epic competition series American Ninja Warrior: Ninja vs. Ninja is
bringing more heat to USA Network's spring line-up, pitting three-person
athletic teams against one another on physically demanding, side-by-side
obstacle courses that test endurance and speed. Hosted by comedian Matt
Iseman and former NFL player Akbar Gbajabiamila, the show will feature
even more challenging obstacles than ever before - incorporating human
agility, meticulous skill, and a whole new strategy of racing. For the
16-part season, fan-favorite competitors from the primetime "American
Ninja Warrior" franchise will form 36 teams, each with two men and one
woman, all competing to become the ultimate champions.

http://www.usanetwork.com/anw-ninja-vs-ninja

Morgan Family Strong [new] (9:30 pm, UP)

Centered around country singer Craig Morgan and his family, the series
will follow Craig and his close-knit family (wife Karen, daughter Aly,
and sons Kyle and Wyatt) at home and on tour as they come together
around the heartbreak of losing their son and brother, Jerry, in a
tragic accident, by launching the family’s passion project ­ Morgan
Farms. Craig is an Army veteran, family man, country music star and
member of the Grand Ole Opry whose 25 Billboard hits include the radio
chart-topper “That’s What I Love About Sunday.”

http://uptv.com/shows/morgan-family-strong/

Music City [new] (10 pm, CMT)

Follows a group of friends entering the next chapter of their lives
while chasing dreams of success, fame and romance in Nashville. Faced
with real choices that carry real stakes for their careers, their
relationships and their futures, they must navigate the rocky road on
the journey of self-discovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIkrqWAfZc

Atlanta (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, FX)

Subtitled "Robbin’ Season," the delayed second season of Donald Glover's
highly acclaimed FX comedy series finally kicks off its 11-episode run
tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRQ4cTsr3_c

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/atlanta/season-2 [Metacritic score 97]

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Flint Town [new; documentary; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

Eight-episode series looks at the aftermath of the drinking water crisis
in Flint, Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfNURrdgWTU

https://www.netflix.com/title/80156688

B: The Beginning [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Netflix)

In a world powered by advanced technology, crime and action unfold in
the archipelagic nation of Cremona. Koku, the protagonist. Keith, the
legendary investigator of the royal police force RIS. A mysterious
criminal organization. A wide variety of characters race through the
fortified city as it is beset by the serial killer, Killer B, and a
chain of crimes in this suspense drama. Anime. 12 episodes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80097594

Voltron: Legendary Defender (complete season 5) (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80075595

Girls Incarcerated (new; documentary; complete season 1)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Madison Juvenile Correction Facility in Indiana.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80185178

Les Affamés (Ravenous) (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

As a zombie plague ravages their rural Quebec town, a scrappy band of
survivors join forces to flee the infected hordes in this quiet
thriller. Stars Marc-André Grondin, Monia Chokri, Charlotte St-Martin.
Acclaimed 2017 French-Canadian film makes its USA debut.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6243140/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravenous_(2017_film)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ravenous_2018/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80218656

Malena Pichot: Estupidez compleja (comedy special) (3:01
am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80192139

Natalia Valdebenito: El Especial (comedy special)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80192063

Brad's Status (movie) (3:01 am, Amazon Prime)

When Brad Sloan (Ben Stiller) accompanies his college bound son to the
East Coast, the visit triggers a crisis of confidence in Brad's Status,
writer and director Mike White's bittersweet comedy. Brad has a
satisfying career and a comfortable life in suburban Sacramento where he
lives with his sweet-natured wife, Melanie (Jenna Fischer), and their
musical prodigy son, Troy (Austin Abrams), but it's not quite what he
imagined during his college glory days. Showing Troy around Boston,
where Brad went to university, he can't help comparing his life with
those of his four best college friends: a Hollywood bigshot (White), a
hedge fund founder (Luke Wilson), a tech entrepreneur (Jemaine Clement),
and a political pundit and bestselling author (Michael Sheen). As he
imagines their wealthy, glamorous lives, he wonders if this is all he
will ever amount to. But when circumstances force him to reconnect with
his former friends, Brad begins to question whether he has really failed
or is, in some ways at least, the most successful of them all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5884230/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad%27s_Status

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brads_status/

https://www.amazon.com/Brads-Status-Amazon-Original-Movie/dp/B07582MLNV

Breathe (season 1 finale) (3:01 am, Amazon Prime)

MasterChef Junior (season 6 premiere) (8-10 pm, Fox)

Once Upon a Time (spring premiere of final season 7) (8 pm, ABC)

http://deadline.com/2018/02/once-upon-a-time-season-7-finale-spoilers-returning-characters-storybrooke-1202304450/

Bring It! (season 5 premiere) (9 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Laurieann Gibson: Beyond the Spotlight [new] (10 pm,
Lifetime Channel)

Behind some of the biggest superstars in the music industry such as Lady
Gaga, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, is famed choreographer and creative
director, Laurieann Gibson. The star maker has helped propel the careers
of many megastars but now, the tables are turned as Laurieann puts
herself on display in the new docuseries.

Bridezillas (season 11 premiere) (10 pm, WE tv)

--Robin

Obveeus

Mar 1, 2018, 5:21:34 PM3/1/18

On 3/1/2018 4:17 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> American Ninja Warrior: Ninja vs. Ninja        [new]          (9 pm, USA)

Maybe, depending on what I'm streaming and when.

> Atlanta        (season 2 premiere)         (10 pm, FX)

Yeah! One of the best shows on television.

anim8rfsk

Mar 1, 2018, 7:05:43 PM3/1/18
In article <ffr8v6...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> 21 Thunder [new to US; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

If only it were in Paradise

> Gotham (season 4 spring premiere) (8 pm, Fox)

yay

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>

> Les AffamŽs (Ravenous) (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> As a zombie plague ravages their rural Quebec town, a scrappy band of
> survivors join forces to flee the infected hordes in this quiet
> thriller. Stars Marc-AndrŽ Grondin, Monia Chokri, Charlotte St-Martin.
After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!

> Brad's Status (movie) (3:01 am, Amazon Prime)
>
> When Brad Sloan (Ben Stiller) accompanies his college bound son to the
> East Coast, the visit triggers a crisis of confidence in Brad's Status,
> writer and director Mike White's bittersweet comedy. Brad has a
> satisfying career and a comfortable life in suburban Sacramento where he
> lives with his sweet-natured wife, Melanie (Jenna Fischer), and their
> musical prodigy son, Troy (Austin Abrams), but it's not quite what he
> imagined during his college glory days. Showing Troy around Boston,
> where Brad went to university, he can't help comparing his life with
> those of his four best college friends: a Hollywood bigshot (White), a
> hedge fund founder (Luke Wilson)

I'm out

Thanks> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

Mar 1, 2018, 10:18:28 PM3/1/18
On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <ffr8v6...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Gotham (season 4 spring premiere) (8 pm, Fox)
>
> yay

ARROW!! :p

>> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>

>> Les AffamŽs (Ravenous) (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> As a zombie plague ravages their rural Quebec town, a scrappy band of
>> survivors join forces to flee the infected hordes in this quiet
>> thriller. Stars Marc-AndrŽ Grondin, Monia Chokri, Charlotte St-Martin.
>> Acclaimed 2017 French-Canadian film makes its USA debut.
>
> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!

I can't believe I got you to watch that!... ;p

Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The Netflix?!...

anim8rfsk

Mar 1, 2018, 11:26:03 PM3/1/18
In article <p7afq0$f04$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > In article <ffr8v6...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Gotham (season 4 spring premiere) (8 pm, Fox)
> >
> > yay
>
> ARROW!! :p

You can't spell ARROW without AWFUL.

> >> Tomorrow's advance notes:
> >>

> >> Les AffamŽs (Ravenous) (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >>
> >> As a zombie plague ravages their rural Quebec town, a scrappy band of
> >> survivors join forces to flee the infected hordes in this quiet
> >> thriller. Stars Marc-AndrŽ Grondin, Monia Chokri, Charlotte St-Martin.
> >> Acclaimed 2017 French-Canadian film makes its USA debut.
> >
> > After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
>
> I can't believe I got you to watch that!... ;p

Okay, first, I have no problem believing that somebody would build a
resort like this. I have more problems believing a scenario where you
let a lot of guests free with real automatic weapons, like they aren't
going to end up shooting each other.

I didn't understand the end. The 'other survivor' - didn't we *see* him
get eaten?

And why is there another wave of zombies coming, and why does she know
it?

HEY ADAM
The "Hammond" character actress is ... THE CORONER!

> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The Netflix?!...

It's on my list.

Obveeus

Mar 1, 2018, 11:27:05 PM3/1/18

On 3/1/2018 10:18 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> In article <ffr8v6...@mid.individual.net>,
>>  Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Gotham      (season 4 spring premiere)        (8 pm, Fox)
>>
>> yay
>
> ARROW!!  :p
>
>>>         Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>>

>>> Les AffamÂŽs  (Ravenous)      (movie)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> As a zombie plague ravages their rural Quebec town, a scrappy band of
>>> survivors join forces to flee the infected hordes in this quiet
>>> thriller. Stars Marc-AndrÂŽ Grondin, Monia Chokri, Charlotte St-Martin.
>>> Acclaimed 2017 French-Canadian film makes its USA debut.
>>
>> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
>
> I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
>
> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
> Netflix?!...

that has the under 5.0 IMDB requirement for Ian films, but the Sci-fi
from the United Arab Emirates angle might actually make it worth sampling.

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 1:17:00 AM3/2/18
In article <p7ajql$5gs$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/1/2018 10:18 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> >> yay
> >
> > ARROW!!  :p

> >> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
> >
> > I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
> >
> > Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
> > Netflix?!...
>
> that has the under 5.0 IMDB requirement for Ian films, but the Sci-fi
> from the United Arab Emirates angle might actually make it worth sampling.

No.

Where the Hell do they film snow fields in the UAE?

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 2, 2018, 2:05:18 AM3/2/18
On 3/1/2018 8:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7afq0$f04$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

>>> yay
>>
>> ARROW!! :p
>
> You can't spell ARROW without AWFUL.

>>> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
>>
>> I can't believe I got you to watch that!... ;p
>
> Okay, first, I have no problem believing that somebody would build a
> resort like this. I have more problems believing a scenario where you
> let a lot of guests free with real automatic weapons, like they aren't
> going to end up shooting each other.
>
> I didn't understand the end. The 'other survivor' - didn't we *see* him
> get eaten?
>
> And why is there another wave of zombies coming, and why does she know
> it?
>
> HEY ADAM
> The "Hammond" character actress is ... THE CORONER!
>
>> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The Netflix?!...
>
> It's on my list.

Because its set in Arizona?

instinct are running screaming.

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 8:29:54 AM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 1:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7ajql$5gs$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> ARROW!!  :p

>>> I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
>>>
>>> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
>>> Netflix?!...
>>
>> that has the under 5.0 IMDB requirement for Ian films, but the Sci-fi
>> from the United Arab Emirates angle might actually make it worth sampling.
>
> No.
>
> Where the Hell do they film snow fields in the UAE?

See, that right there is the curiosity angle that makes this one intriguing.

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 8:56:44 AM3/2/18
In article <p7bjke$2c6$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/2/2018 1:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p7ajql$5gs$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> that has the under 5.0 IMDB requirement for Ian films, but the Sci-fi
> >> from the United Arab Emirates angle might actually make it worth sampling.
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Where the Hell do they film snow fields in the UAE?
>
> See, that right there is the curiosity angle that makes this one intriguing.

It explains the odd structures they obviously found to film that normal
people would never build. Hey, does that 'islands in the map of the
world' place have snow on the map of Antarctica?

Ian J. Ball

Mar 2, 2018, 9:01:47 AM3/2/18
On 2018-03-02 04:25:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <p7afq0$f04$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

>>> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
>>
>> I can't believe I got you to watch that!... ;p
>
> Okay, first, I have no problem believing that somebody would build a
> resort like this. I have more problems believing a scenario where you
> let a lot of guests free with real automatic weapons, like they aren't
> going to end up shooting each other.
>
> I didn't understand the end. The 'other survivor' - didn't we *see* him
> get eaten?

We saw him get "mobbed" by zombs, but we didn't actually *see* him die
or get "bitten"...

That said, I tend to agree with you that his cameo at the end was hokey
and unbelievable...

> And why is there another wave of zombies coming, and why does she know
> it?

I think it was because the island showed here that "people were as bad
as zombies" and "zombies would exist as long as people were bad"... or
something.

> HEY ADAM
> The "Hammond" character actress is ... THE CORONER!
>
>> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The Netflix?!...
>
> It's on my list.

There is *no one* in the cast I've ever heard of before, so that's
usually a very bad sign, quite aside from Obv's "IMDb rating"... :/

Ian J. Ball

Mar 2, 2018, 9:03:53 AM3/2/18
That's not quite how it works - mid- to high-4's on the IMDb *can* be
surprisingly decent, but often aren't, esp. if the cast is made up of a
bunch of nobodies, as this flick is!

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 9:28:42 AM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7bjke$2c6$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/2/2018 1:16 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> No.
>>>
>>> Where the Hell do they film snow fields in the UAE?
>>
>> See, that right there is the curiosity angle that makes this one intriguing.
>
> It explains the odd structures they obviously found to film that normal
> people would never build. Hey, does that 'islands in the map of the
> world' place have snow on the map of Antarctica?

There is apparently snow in 'Switzerland':
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/13/not-end-the-world-return-dubai-ultimate-folly

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 9:30:13 AM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 9:01 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2018-03-02 04:25:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> In article <p7afq0$f04$1...@dont-email.me>,
>>  Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

Do you know any UAE actors?

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 10:40:33 AM3/2/18
In article <p7bn2m$skq$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/2/2018 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p7bjke$2c6$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> See, that right there is the curiosity angle that makes this one
> >> intriguing.
> >
> > It explains the odd structures they obviously found to film that normal
> > people would never build. Hey, does that 'islands in the map of the
> > world' place have snow on the map of Antarctica?
>
> There is apparently snow in 'Switzerland':
> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/13/not-end-the-world-return-dubai-
> ultimate-folly

Wow. How many times and ways can the author call the people he's
interviewing liars?

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 10:41:26 AM3/2/18
In article <p7blg6$gsg$1...@dont-email.me>,
It's a rip-off of Aliens. They even use the same character names!

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 10:47:55 AM3/2/18
In article <p7bn5h$skq$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/2/2018 9:01 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On 2018-03-02 04:25:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

The Vasquez character (named Hix) is from Hollywood California.

The Bishop character went to University of Washington, Tulane, and USC.

The evil robot whose name is, yes, Ash, is from the UK.

Filming Locations

Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant - 12000 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey,
Los Angeles, California, USA

Silo City, Childs St, Buffalo, New York, USA

Kings Canyon National Park, California, USA

Evangola State Park, New York, USA

Eighteen Mile Creek, Lake Eerie, New York, USA

Hamburg, New York, USA

Zoar Valley, New York, USA

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 10:51:12 AM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 10:40 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7bn2m$skq$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/2/2018 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> It explains the odd structures they obviously found to film that normal
>>> people would never build. Hey, does that 'islands in the map of the
>>> world' place have snow on the map of Antarctica?
>>
>> There is apparently snow in 'Switzerland':
>> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/13/not-end-the-world-return-dubai-
>> ultimate-folly
>
> Wow. How many times and ways can the author call the people he's
> interviewing liars?

It sort of seems like a time share setup. All time shares are scams.

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 11:23:33 AM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 10:47 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7bn5h$skq$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> We saw him get "mobbed" by zombs, but we didn't actually *see* him die
>>> or get "bitten"...
>>>
>>> That said, I tend to agree with you that his cameo at the end was hokey
>>> and unbelievable...

>>> I think it was because the island showed here that "people were as bad
>>> as zombies" and "zombies would exist as long as people were bad"... or
>>> something.

>>> There is *no one* in the cast I've ever heard of before, so that's
>>> usually a very bad sign, quite aside from Obv's "IMDb rating"...  :/
>>
>> Do you know any UAE actors?
>
> The Vasquez character (named Hix) is from Hollywood California.

The name is apparently 'Kix'. Wiki says she was born in New Jersey,
IMDB says California. I'll believe Wiki given the rest of her background.

> The Bishop character went to University of Washington, Tulane, and USC.

Another doctor turned actor like Ken Jeong.

> The evil robot whose name is, yes, Ash, is from the UK.
>
> Filming Locations
>
> Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant - 12000 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey,
> Los Angeles, California, USA
>
> Silo City, Childs St, Buffalo, New York, USA
>
> Kings Canyon National Park, California, USA
>
> Evangola State Park, New York, USA
>
> Eighteen Mile Creek, Lake Eerie, New York, USA
>
> Hamburg, New York, USA
>
> Zoar Valley, New York, USA

New York must be where they filmed the snow.

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 11:47:27 AM3/2/18

On 3/1/2018 10:18 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> In article <ffr8v6...@mid.individual.net>,
>>  Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> Les AffamÂŽs  (Ravenous)      (movie)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> As a zombie plague ravages their rural Quebec town, a scrappy band of
>>> survivors join forces to flee the infected hordes in this quiet
>>> thriller. Stars Marc-AndrÂŽ Grondin, Monia Chokri, Charlotte St-Martin.
>>> Acclaimed 2017 French-Canadian film makes its USA debut.
>>
>> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
>
> I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
>
> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
> Netflix?!...

Hey Anim8r and Ian...the scariest film ever made:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80109295
100% fresh:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/veronica/

...unfortunately for Ian, above the 5.0 on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5862312/?ref_=nv_sr_4

...unfortunately for Anim8r, he will have to read as the audio options
are: Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 2, 2018, 1:52:26 PM3/2/18
I've actually been thinking about watching this...

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 1:59:09 PM3/2/18
In article <p7bv6r$r9n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/1/2018 10:18 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On 2018-03-02 00:05:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> >> After Ian got me to warch REZORT I'm in a Zombie state of mind!
> >
> > I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
> >
> > Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
> > Netflix?!...
>

> Hey Anim8r and Ian...the scariest film ever made:
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80109295
> 100% fresh:
> https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/veronica/
>
> ...unfortunately for Ian, above the 5.0 on IMDB:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5862312/?ref_=nv_sr_4
>
> ...unfortunately for Anim8r, he will have to read as the audio options
> are: Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese.

That *is* scary

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 1:59:21 PM3/2/18
In article <a5a78b48-2763-4c4f...@googlegroups.com>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 8:47:27 AM UTC-8, Obveeus wrote:

> > > I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
> > >
> > > Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
> > > Netflix?!...
> >
> > Hey Anim8r and Ian...the scariest film ever made:
> >
> > https://www.netflix.com/title/80109295
> > 100% fresh:
> > https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/veronica/
> >
> > ...unfortunately for Ian, above the 5.0 on IMDB:
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5862312/?ref_=nv_sr_4
> >
> > ...unfortunately for Anim8r, he will have to read as the audio options
> > are: Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
>
> I've actually been thinking about watching this...

then I'm out

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 1:59:54 PM3/2/18
In article <p7brtc$v6m$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/2/2018 10:40 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p7bn2m$skq$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> There is apparently snow in 'Switzerland':
> >> https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/13/not-end-the-world-return-dub
> >> ai-
> >> ultimate-folly
> >
> > Wow. How many times and ways can the author call the people he's
> > interviewing liars?
>
> It sort of seems like a time share setup. All time shares are scams.

I assume, although The Peach has one, and seems to like it.

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 2:01:41 PM3/2/18
In article <p7btq1$gov$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/2/2018 10:47 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p7bn5h$skq$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Do you know any UAE actors?
> >
> > The Vasquez character (named Hix) is from Hollywood California.
>
> The name is apparently 'Kix'. Wiki says she was born in New Jersey,
> IMDB says California. I'll believe Wiki given the rest of her background.
>
> > The Bishop character went to University of Washington, Tulane, and USC.
>
> Another doctor turned actor like Ken Jeong.

Not an actor, not a doctor, just talentless slime. Makes Al Franken
seem almost human.

> > The evil robot whose name is, yes, Ash, is from the UK.
> >
> > Filming Locations
> >
> > Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant - 12000 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey,
> > Los Angeles, California, USA
> >
> > Silo City, Childs St, Buffalo, New York, USA
> >
> > Kings Canyon National Park, California, USA
> >
> > Evangola State Park, New York, USA
> >
> > Eighteen Mile Creek, Lake Eerie, New York, USA
> >
> > Hamburg, New York, USA
> >
> > Zoar Valley, New York, USA
>
> New York must be where they filmed the snow.

Yep. Which brings me back to wondering what the weird structures were.
Although not very hard.

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 4:13:14 PM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 2:01 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7btq1$gov$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/2/2018 10:47 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> The Vasquez character (named Hix) is from Hollywood California.
>>
>> The name is apparently 'Kix'. Wiki says she was born in New Jersey,
>> IMDB says California. I'll believe Wiki given the rest of her background.
>>
>>> The Bishop character went to University of Washington, Tulane, and USC.
>>
>> Another doctor turned actor like Ken Jeong.
>
> Not an actor, not a doctor, just talentless slime. Makes Al Franken
> seem almost human.
>
>>> The evil robot whose name is, yes, Ash, is from the UK.
>>>
>>> Filming Locations
>>>
>>> Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant - 12000 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey,
>>> Los Angeles, California, USA
>>>
>>> Silo City, Childs St, Buffalo, New York, USA
>>>
>>> Kings Canyon National Park, California, USA
>>>
>>> Evangola State Park, New York, USA
>>>
>>> Eighteen Mile Creek, Lake Eerie, New York, USA
>>>
>>> Hamburg, New York, USA
>>>
>>> Zoar Valley, New York, USA
>>
>> New York must be where they filmed the snow.
>
> Yep. Which brings me back to wondering what the weird structures were.
> Although not very hard.

...are you just trying to trick me into watching?

Obveeus

Mar 2, 2018, 4:14:13 PM3/2/18

On 3/2/2018 1:59 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7bv6r$r9n$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> I can't believe I got you to watch that!...  ;p
>>>
>>> Besides, shouldn't you be watching "2307: Winter's Dream" on The
>>> Netflix?!...
>>

>> Hey Anim8r and Ian...the scariest film ever made:
>>
>> https://www.netflix.com/title/80109295
>> 100% fresh:
>> https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/veronica/
>>
>> ...unfortunately for Ian, above the 5.0 on IMDB:
>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5862312/?ref_=nv_sr_4
>>
>> ...unfortunately for Anim8r, he will have to read as the audio options
>> are: Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
>
> That *is* scary

The scariest movie of all-time:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/internet-dubs-new-netflix-horror-movie-scariest-film-time-155916859.html

anim8rfsk

Mar 2, 2018, 10:03:47 PM3/2/18
In article <p7cep7$hld$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 3/2/2018 2:01 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p7btq1$gov$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> The name is apparently 'Kix'. Wiki says she was born in New Jersey,
> >> IMDB says California. I'll believe Wiki given the rest of her background.

> >> Another doctor turned actor like Ken Jeong.
> >
> > Not an actor, not a doctor, just talentless slime. Makes Al Franken
> > seem almost human.

> >> New York must be where they filmed the snow.
> >
> > Yep. Which brings me back to wondering what the weird structures were.
> > Although not very hard.
>
> ...are you just trying to trick me into watching?

LOL, not my intention, but if you do, it's right at the start, big metal
towers mark the entrance to the underground ice lair in Arizona.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 5, 2018, 5:48:05 PM3/5/18
I guess everybody has to make a zombie flick at some point in his
career. I wonder if it's better in French.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 5, 2018, 7:33:02 PM3/5/18
I'll let you know when I get around to watching "Ravenous" on The Netflix... ;)

anim8rfsk

Mar 5, 2018, 10:15:52 PM3/5/18
In article <p7khf1$ukt$1...@dont-email.me>,
Why? Nothing else is.