PBS: horrifying nonsense from Europeans

RichA

Jun 29, 2015, 3:58:49 AM6/29/15
Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the Europeans are moving away from power politics."
Are these people serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced by the West and Europe thinks they're going to take the Martin Luther King approach? As they sorry the U.S. is pulling away from supporting Europe they way they have for the last 70 years? No more blood so the leeches are thinking about another path?

Barb May

Jun 29, 2015, 12:13:08 PM6/29/15
This may come as a shock to you, Rich but the US has made quite a few
mistakes when projecting its power over the past 30 years and more
potentially fatal mistakes are looming on the horizon. Europe would be
wise to chart their own course and avoid joining in any more military
adventures with the US.

--
Barb

RichA

Jun 29, 2015, 12:47:37 PM6/29/15
Europe will be a Russian outpost or another Ottoman Empire if they aren't careful.

Wouter Valentijn

Jun 29, 2015, 1:10:51 PM6/29/15
RichA schreef op 29-6-2015 om 09:58:
> Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the Europeans are moving away from power politics."
> Are these people serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced by the West and Europe thinks they're going to take the Martin Luther King approach? As they sorry the U.S. is pulling away from supporting Europe they way they have for the last 70 years? No more blood so the leeches are thinking about another path?

Who was the host and who gave that answer?

--
Wouter Valentijn http://www.j3v.net

"Nothing in Hell can stop the Timberwolves"

Motto of the 104th Infantry Division (United States)

http://zeppodunsel.blogspot.nl/

liam=mail

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 2:31:48 PM6/29/15
Russia, in case you didn't notice, is slowly going down the pan. Just like another 'superpower' that I could mention. Declining powers can be dangerous, and it's wise to take precautions. In both directions.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 2:33:06 PM6/29/15
Don't expect any sense from Rich!

Dr. Barry Worthington

David Johnston

Jun 29, 2015, 2:45:50 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 1:58 AM, RichA wrote:
> Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on
> constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the
> Europeans are moving away from power politics." Are these people
> serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced
> by the West

The only military threat being faced by the west is Russia. As usual.

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 3:07:59 PM6/29/15
Really? As usual? What borders does the EU share with Russia? What warm water ports does Russia have in the Baltic? What is happening in the Russian Far East? In which direction is the Russian economy going?

Dr. Barry Worthington

David Johnston

Jun 29, 2015, 3:19:03 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 1:07 PM, Barry Worthington wrote:
> On Monday, 29 June 2015 19:45:50 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 6/29/2015 1:58 AM, RichA wrote:
>>> Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on
>>> constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the
>>> Europeans are moving away from power politics." Are these people
>>> serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced
>>> by the West
>>
>> The only military threat being faced by the west is Russia. As usual.
>
> Really? As usual? What borders does the EU share with Russia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_enlargement_of_the_European_Union

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 4:14:21 PM6/29/15
And what has that, as they say, to do with the price of fish?

The only borders that the EU shares with Russia are as follows.....

A short border with Norway (albeit not a full EU member but an associate member).
A border with Finland.
(Both of these cut across Arctic and Sub-Arctic waste.)
A short border with Estonia.
A short border with Latvia.
And then there is Kaliningrad, which borders Poland and Lithuania. But Kaliningrad is a small enclave, hundreds of miles from the Russian mainland. It's so vulnerable, that all its major naval assets were removed years ago.

Er.....that's it....

Don't they teach geography over there?

Dr. Barry Worthington

David Johnston

Jun 29, 2015, 4:24:53 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 2:14 PM, Barry Worthington wrote:
> On Monday, 29 June 2015 20:19:03 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:

>>> Really? As usual? What borders does the EU share with Russia?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_enlargement_of_the_European_Union
>
> And what has that, as they say, to do with the price of fish?

You asked the question. It's not up to me to decide how the question is
relevant.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 29, 2015, 5:06:14 PM6/29/15
Did you misplace a colonial empire, Worthington?

>Dr. Barry Worthington

That Ph.D is in looking at history through rose-colored glasses.

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 5:08:02 PM6/29/15
Please don't squirm. It isn't edifying. If you don't like the facts, it isn't my problem.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 5:13:43 PM6/29/15
Yes, Adam. We gave most of it away. You see, we faced up to our situation. Your country still has to do that. Let's face it, your influence has been declining since they threw you out of Vietnam.

> >Dr. Barry Worthington
>
> That Ph.D is in looking at history through rose-colored glasses.

Wow! I can almost hear your teeth grinding!

Dr. Barry Worthington

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 29, 2015, 5:28:30 PM6/29/15
Gave? You lost it in a series of wars, you blithering lying idiot.

We don't have any colonies. None. We didn't repeat all the mistakes
the Europeans made. Vietnam was failure to learn from French failure.

There are almost no parts of the world de-colonized or de-Mandated
by the British that haven't had decades of bloody wars over the ridiculous
international boundaries you bastards drew.

Hm. The only country I can think of is Belize. I guess Bermuda, too.

>> >Dr. Barry Worthington

>> That Ph.D is in looking at history through rose-colored glasses.

>Wow! I can almost hear your teeth grinding!

>Dr. Barry Worthington

I can definitely hear the lose marbles rattling around in your otherwise
empty head.

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 5:48:26 PM6/29/15
And what would those be, Adam?

> We don't have any colonies. None. We didn't repeat all the mistakes
> the Europeans made. Vietnam was failure to learn from French failure.

You did have. But America was a neo-colonial power. Read a few books!

> There are almost no parts of the world de-colonized or de-Mandated
> by the British that haven't had decades of bloody wars over the ridiculous
> international boundaries you bastards drew.
>
> Hm. The only country I can think of is Belize. I guess Bermuda, too.

Malaysia? Kenya? Tanzania? Jamaica? Etc.

> >> That Ph.D is in looking at history through rose-colored glasses.
>
> >Wow! I can almost hear your teeth grinding!
>
> >Dr. Barry Worthington
>
> I can definitely hear the lose marbles rattling around in your otherwise
> empty head.

I sometimes wonder why you are this way, and why you have turned into a stalker. Go on, Adam! You can tell me!

Dr. Barry Worthington

David Johnston

Jun 29, 2015, 5:54:33 PM6/29/15
You have not as yet made the case that Russia is not a military threat
to the west. Even if it did not border on some European Union countries
directly, I believe that it would be more than capable of sweeping aside
the current buffer states that occupy the rest of its western border if
it did not have NATO to worry about.

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 6:58:42 PM6/29/15
On Monday, 29 June 2015 22:54:33 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
> On 6/29/2015 3:07 PM, Barry Worthington wrote:

> >> You asked the question. It's not up to me to decide how the question is
> >> relevant.
> >
> > Please don't squirm.
>
> You have not as yet made the case that Russia is not a military threat
> to the west. Even if it did not border on some European Union countries
> directly,

Er...most European countries directly.

>I believe that it would be more than capable of sweeping aside
> the current buffer states that occupy the rest of its western border if
> it did not have NATO to worry about.

What makes you think that?

And what about my other questions?

Dr. Barry Worthington

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 29, 2015, 7:38:21 PM6/29/15
Barry Worthington <barrywort...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, 29 June 2015 22:28:30 UTC+1, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Barry Worthington <barrywort...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Yes, Adam. We gave most of it away. You see, we faced up to our
>>>situation. Your country still has to do that. Let's face it, your
>>>influence has been declining since they threw you out of Vietnam.

>>Gave? You lost it in a series of wars, you blithering lying idiot.

>And what would those be, Adam?

>>We don't have any colonies. None. We didn't repeat all the mistakes
>>the Europeans made. Vietnam was failure to learn from French failure.

>You did have.

Does not parse; learn English, please.

>But America was a neo-colonial power. Read a few books!

That's not a meaningful, let along legal, concept, and it's not an argument.

>>There are almost no parts of the world de-colonized or de-Mandated
>>by the British that haven't had decades of bloody wars over the ridiculous
>>international boundaries you bastards drew.

>>Hm. The only country I can think of is Belize. I guess Bermuda, too.

I have to take back Bermuda; still a colony.

>Malaysia?

There was a guerrilla war that lasted for over a decade after WWII,
you stupid ignorant moron. Then there was mild war with Indonesia.

>Kenya?

Mau Mau revolt

>Tanzania?

Ah, The Mandate. I don't recall that being as much of a fuck up as everything
the British and French touched in the Middle East after WWI. I'll
grant you that one.

>Jamaica?

British exited during a brief period of prosperity, which didn't last.
When I was a kid, Jamaica was essentially in civil war, although it
tended not to affect tourist areas. It's hardly a successful de-colonization.

>Etc.

Oh, keep going about British benevolence.

>>>Wow! I can almost hear your teeth grinding!

>>>Dr. Barry Worthington

>>I can definitely hear the lose marbles rattling around in your otherwise
>>empty head.

>I sometimes wonder why you are this way, and why you have turned into a
>stalker. Go on, Adam! You can tell me!

>Dr. Barry Worthington

I'll tell you that a grown man with third grade mental age needs to stop
claiming to have a Ph.D.

RichA

Jun 29, 2015, 8:12:09 PM6/29/15
On Monday, 29 June 2015 13:10:51 UTC-4, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
> RichA schreef op 29-6-2015 om 09:58:
> > Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the Europeans are moving away from power politics."
> > Are these people serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced by the West and Europe thinks they're going to take the Martin Luther King approach? As they sorry the U.S. is pulling away from supporting Europe they way they have for the last 70 years? No more blood so the leeches are thinking about another path?
> >

> Who was the host and who gave that answer?

Recognized his face, not his name. The guest was some politician.

RichA

Jun 29, 2015, 8:13:03 PM6/29/15
Tell it to the Europeans. Kissing ass won't matter much if 10 million men march in and the Americans aren't there to save their backsides, again.

RichA

Jun 29, 2015, 8:18:13 PM6/29/15
What about the MUSLIMS? Or do you consider them to be street criminals?

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 9:13:03 PM6/29/15
Yes, what would those be?

> >>We don't have any colonies. None. We didn't repeat all the mistakes
> >>the Europeans made. Vietnam was failure to learn from French failure.
>
> >You did have.
>
> Does not parse; learn English, please.

It is English, you silly boy!

> >But America was a neo-colonial power. Read a few books!
>
> That's not a meaningful, let along legal, concept, and it's not an argument.

Then you are a very ignorant young man (I assume that you are much younger than I am). It is a well known concept in history and political science.

> >>There are almost no parts of the world de-colonized or de-Mandated
> >>by the British that haven't had decades of bloody wars over the ridiculous
> >>international boundaries you bastards drew.
>
> >>Hm. The only country I can think of is Belize. I guess Bermuda, too.
>
> I have to take back Bermuda; still a colony.
>
> >Malaysia?
>
> There was a guerrilla war that lasted for over a decade after WWII,
> you stupid ignorant moron. Then there was mild war with Indonesia.

Yes, I know. Independence was negotiated in the middle of it, because the majority of the insurgents were communist Chinese, not Malay. There hasn't been any trouble since. The 'confrontation with Indonesia ended after Sukarno went. No trouble since. And your point is?

> >Kenya?
>
> Mau Mau revolt

Not a major problem. No trouble since. And your point is?

> >Tanzania?
>
> Ah, The Mandate. I don't recall that being as much of a fuck up as everything
> the British and French touched in the Middle East after WWI. I'll
> grant you that one.

(Snicker!)

> >Jamaica?
>
> British exited during a brief period of prosperity, which didn't last.
> When I was a kid, Jamaica was essentially in civil war, although it
> tended not to affect tourist areas. It's hardly a successful de-colonization.

Crime does not constitute a 'civil war'.

> >Etc.
>
> Oh, keep going about British benevolence.

Well, compared to France, the Netherlands, and Portugal, our decolonisation was a success. By the way, we intervened with British troops to stop the French trying to take back Syria and the Lebanon. Did you know that? And we ended our mandates in Iraq and Transjordan without any trouble.

> >>I can definitely hear the lose marbles rattling around in your otherwise
> >>empty head.
>
> >I sometimes wonder why you are this way, and why you have turned into a
> >stalker. Go on, Adam! You can tell me!
>
> >Dr. Barry Worthington
>
> I'll tell you that a grown man with third grade mental age needs to stop
> claiming to have a Ph.D.

I'm not claiming anything, you little worm! I have a PhD. But I'm the retired academic, and you are the silly immature internet stalker! So why do you do it? Is it because I dared to contradict you?

Dr. Barry Worthington

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 9:14:50 PM6/29/15
God....it's the way he tells 'em!

Dr. Barry Worthington

Barry Worthington

Jun 29, 2015, 9:19:15 PM6/29/15
Well, as often as not I consider them as shopkeepers and restaurant/café proprietors.

Dr. Barry Worthington

P.S. Do you actually look under the bed at night?

David Johnston

Jun 29, 2015, 9:40:31 PM6/29/15
No, it only borders on some European Unions directly.

>> I believe that it would be more than capable of sweeping aside
>> the current buffer states that occupy the rest of its western border if
>> it did not have NATO to worry about.
>
> What makes you think that?

The relative strength of the states involved and that Russia is already
moving in on the breakaway states surrounding it.

> And what about my other questions?

The things happening in the Far East aren't keeping the Russians from
moving in on Ukraine, and wouldn't necessarily keep it from moving in on
the Baltics. And sure their economy is a wreck. This is not a good
thing as their leadership looks for distractions.

David Johnston

Jun 29, 2015, 9:41:54 PM6/29/15
What about them?

>Or do you consider them to be street criminals?

I don't know. To what Muslim military threat do you refer?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 29, 2015, 10:04:04 PM6/29/15
You lied.

>> >Kenya?

>> Mau Mau revolt

>Not a major problem. No trouble since. And your point is?

You lied.

>> >Tanzania?
>>
>> Ah, The Mandate. I don't recall that being as much of a fuck up as everything
>> the British and French touched in the Middle East after WWI. I'll
>> grant you that one.

>(Snicker!)

The Brits royally fucked up every other aspect of The Mandate, or are
you going to lie about that too? How many wars have been fought in the
Middle East subsequently, entirely due to what British and French bastards
did after WWI?

>>>Jamaica?

>>British exited during a brief period of prosperity, which didn't last.
>>When I was a kid, Jamaica was essentially in civil war, although it
>>tended not to affect tourist areas. It's hardly a successful de-colonization.

>Crime does not constitute a 'civil war'.

Oh, ok. It wasn't a paradise of stability after the Brits decolonized. At
least they didn't become a republic, I suppose you still have that.

>> >Etc.

>> Oh, keep going about British benevolence.

>Well, compared to France, the Netherlands, and Portugal, our
>decolonisation was a success.

Way to set the bar low. The Spanish decolonized in ignominy.

>By the way, we intervened with British troops to stop the French trying
>to take back Syria and the Lebanon. Did you know that? And we ended our
>mandates in Iraq and Transjordan without any trouble.

The British and French were humiliated by the Suez Crisis. Did you
know that?

You fucking chose a random Bedouin family and gave them five different
countries they had no association with. The Hashemites kept Jordan, only.
It was a fucking disaster. Jordan attacked Israel in three major wars and
a whole bunch of minor conflicts, again, over the bloody incompetant mess
the Brits and French left the Middle East in, with all those unsustainable
international boundaries.

But Jordan is a rousing success! Well, eventually, and absolutely
no thanks to the British.

The rest of your lies about history snipped unread.

trotsky

Jun 30, 2015, 6:47:37 AM6/30/15
On 6/29/15 11:47 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 29 June 2015 12:13:08 UTC-4, Barb May wrote:
>> RichA wrote:
>>> Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on
>>> constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the
>>> Europeans are moving away from power politics."
>>> Are these people serious? In this day and age, with the military
>>> threats being faced by the West and Europe thinks they're going to
>>> take the Martin Luther King approach? As they sorry the U.S. is
>>> pulling away from supporting Europe they way they have for the last
>>> 70 years? No more blood so the leeches are thinking about another
>>> path?
>>
>> This may come as a shock to you, Rich but the US has made quite a few
>> mistakes when projecting its power over the past 30 years and more
>> potentially fatal mistakes are looming on the horizon. Europe would be
>> wise to chart their own course and avoid joining in any more military
>> adventures with the US.
>>

>> --
>> Barb
>
> Europe will be a Russian outpost or another Ottoman Empire if they aren't careful.

Yeah, or just be used as an ottoman.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ottoman&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=jnOSVa7DHMq7ggSGsYGgBA&ved=0CGMQsAQ&biw=1588&bih=885

Bill Steele

Jun 30, 2015, 2:34:27 PM6/30/15
On 6/29/15 9:40 PM, David Johnston wrote:

> The things happening in the Far East aren't keeping the Russians from
> moving in on Ukraine, and wouldn't necessarily keep it from moving in on
> the Baltics. And sure their economy is a wreck. This is not a good
> thing as their leadership looks for distractions.

I wonder what we can do to distract the off-topoic posters.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that if it's mentioned on TV we can discuss it here.

So, does anyone out here have an irregular heartbeat not caused by a
heart valve problem?

Barry Worthington

Jun 30, 2015, 3:11:29 PM6/30/15
How?

> >> Mau Mau revolt
>
> >Not a major problem. No trouble since. And your point is?
>
> You lied.

How?

> >> Ah, The Mandate. I don't recall that being as much of a fuck up as everything
> >> the British and French touched in the Middle East after WWI. I'll
> >> grant you that one.
>
> >(Snicker!)
>
> The Brits royally fucked up every other aspect of The Mandate, or are
> you going to lie about that too? How many wars have been fought in the
> Middle East subsequently, entirely due to what British and French bastards
> did after WWI?

The French that we evicted from Syria and Lebanon?

> >>British exited during a brief period of prosperity, which didn't last.
> >>When I was a kid, Jamaica was essentially in civil war, although it
> >>tended not to affect tourist areas. It's hardly a successful de-colonization.
>
> >Crime does not constitute a 'civil war'.
>
> Oh, ok. It wasn't a paradise of stability after the Brits decolonized. At
> least they didn't become a republic, I suppose you still have that.

> >> Oh, keep going about British benevolence.
>
> >Well, compared to France, the Netherlands, and Portugal, our
> >decolonisation was a success.
>
> Way to set the bar low. The Spanish decolonized in ignominy.

Spain? Well, America grabbed what was left of their colonies.

> >By the way, we intervened with British troops to stop the French trying
> >to take back Syria and the Lebanon. Did you know that? And we ended our
> >mandates in Iraq and Transjordan without any trouble.
>
> The British and French were humiliated by the Suez Crisis. Did you
> know that?
Not as big a humiliation (or as costly) as Vietnam, Adam.

> You fucking chose a random Bedouin family and gave them five different
> countries they had no association with. The Hashemites kept Jordan, only.
> It was a fucking disaster. Jordan attacked Israel in three major wars and
> a whole bunch of minor conflicts, again, over the bloody incompetant mess
> the Brits and French left the Middle East in, with all those unsustainable
> international boundaries.
>
> But Jordan is a rousing success! Well, eventually, and absolutely
> no thanks to the British.
>
> The rest of your lies about history snipped unread.

The Hashemites were pushed out of the holy cities by the Wahabi shitheads that American oil companies seem to love. The Saudis are behind most of the fundamentalist nutters and terrorists. Don't you know that?

Dr. Barry Worthington

Barry Worthington

Jun 30, 2015, 3:15:01 PM6/30/15
"There's no man on my Ottoman,
There hasn't been for weeks.
There's no man on my Ottoman,
He's gone to fight the Greeks!"

(Traditional)

Dr. Barry Worthington

Barry Worthington

Jun 30, 2015, 3:22:06 PM6/30/15
Thanks for agreeing with me, though I would prefer 'a few' instead of 'some'.

> >> I believe that it would be more than capable of sweeping aside
> >> the current buffer states that occupy the rest of its western border if
> >> it did not have NATO to worry about.
> >
> > What makes you think that?
>
> The relative strength of the states involved and that Russia is already
> moving in on the breakaway states surrounding it.

Surrounding what? We (i.e. NATO States)surround Kaliningrad. What does Russia surround?

> > And what about my other questions?
>
> The things happening in the Far East aren't keeping the Russians from
> moving in on Ukraine, and wouldn't necessarily keep it from moving in on
> the Baltics.

Give it a few more years. I mean, Russia set a precedent in annexing Crimea. Be sure that China and possibly Japan took note of that.

> And sure their economy is a wreck. This is not a good
> thing as their leadership looks for distractions.

But distractions often have the opposite effect. I mean, look what the Russo-Japanese War accomplished.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 30, 2015, 4:56:14 PM6/30/15
You lied, claiming that Britain gave away most of its colonial empire.
The truth is that Britain left due to instability and war. Even circumstances
in which Britain withdrew during short stable periods, war would inevitably
break out within a decade.

>>>Not a major problem. No trouble since. And your point is?

>>You lied.

>How?

Not even an example of a British withdrawal during a stable period.

>everything
>>
>> >(Snicker!)
>>
>> The Brits royally fucked up every other aspect of The Mandate, or are
>> you going to lie about that too? How many wars have been fought in the
>> Middle East subsequently, entirely due to what British and French bastards
>> did after WWI?

>The French that we evicted from Syria and Lebanon?

Thanks to the Mandate and the absolute greed of Britain and France to
occupy the former Ottoman Empire (Attaturk thwarted both countries from
grabbing Turkey itself), the two countries divided the headwaters of the
Jordan River from the rest. The best way to guarantee instability and
war in a desert is to fuck with water rights like that. I'm not sure what
Britain's involvement in getting the French to leave Syria after WWII,
but if Britain got France to leave, that was certain a good thing.

I was thinking of Iraq, in particular. The British created the circumstances
that led to Saddam Hussein 10 years after the military coup d'etat that
overthrew the Bedouin puppet installed by Britain. How did Britain ensure
that Iraq would be a disaster? Instead of integrating the country, the
British played upon religious differences between Sunni and Shi'ite. The
latter were the shopkeepers, the former were poorer. Instead of improving
the lot of the Sunnis, Britain turned the army into a Sunni-dominated
institution. What could possibly go wrong?

We won't discuss how Britain made sure that the Kurds ended up in, what,
four different countries, giving them a worse fate than when they were all
under the Ottoman Turks.

Iran? Never a British colony, but Britain certainly grabbed large swaths
of its territory in the 19th century, and forgot to end its occupation for
half a dozen years after WWI in a large part of the country.

Then, acting on behalf of British oil, Britain overthrew the democratically
elected government in 1953 that had the nerve to want to nationalize oil,
to install Pahlavi as dictator, who then PERSONALLY became the owner of all
oil reserves but kept British oil in business. Britain could have made the
same deal with the democratic government. Shamefully, the British government
conspired with the Dulles brothers in the Eisenhower administration (who
ran CIA and State Department) to overthrow the government.

That was 1953. Exactly what year do you claim that Britain faced up to
its own failures in trying to dominate the world stage?

>de-colonization.
>>
>> >Crime does not constitute a 'civil war'.
>>
>> Oh, ok. It wasn't a paradise of stability after the Brits decolonized. At
>> least they didn't become a republic, I suppose you still have that.

>> >Well, compared to France, the Netherlands, and Portugal, our
>> >decolonisation was a success.
>>
>> Way to set the bar low. The Spanish decolonized in ignominy.

>Spain? Well, America grabbed what was left of their colonies.

Cuba was never a colony, neither was Puerto Rico. The Philippines, sigh,
United States behaved rather like Spain for several decades. However, by
the 1930s, we tried for a gradual and successful transition to independence
and democracy, but the Japanese occupation prevented that.

>> >By the way, we intervened with British troops to stop the French trying
>> >to take back Syria and the Lebanon. Did you know that? And we ended our
>> >mandates in Iraq and Transjordan without any trouble.
>>
>> The British and French were humiliated by the Suez Crisis. Did you
>> know that?

>Not as big a humiliation (or as costly) as Vietnam, Adam.

I'm not the one in denial here, Worthington. I'm not the one lying about
British history or uttering rank stupidity about de-Mandating the Middle
East. The world will never know if the Middle East could have been free
and stable if not for British and French intervention.

>> You fucking chose a random Bedouin family and gave them five different
>> countries they had no association with. The Hashemites kept Jordan, only.
>> It was a fucking disaster. Jordan attacked Israel in three major wars and
>> a whole bunch of minor conflicts, again, over the bloody incompetant mess
>> the Brits and French left the Middle East in, with all those unsustainable
>> international boundaries.

>> But Jordan is a rousing success! Well, eventually, and absolutely
>> no thanks to the British.

>> The rest of your lies about history snipped unread.

>The Hashemites were pushed out of the holy cities by the Wahabi
>shitheads that American oil companies seem to love. The Saudis are
>behind most of the fundamentalist nutters and terrorists. Don't you know
>that?

The best you can come up with is your shitheads were better than our shitheads?

>Dr. Barry Worthington

That Ph.D is in...

Barry Worthington

Jun 30, 2015, 6:36:39 PM6/30/15
But we did. Facts are...well...facts...

> The truth is that Britain left due to instability and war. Even circumstances
> in which Britain withdrew during short stable periods, war would inevitably
> break out within a decade.

But it mostly didn't....

> >>You lied.
>
> >How?
>
> Not even an example of a British withdrawal during a stable period.

Ghana? Zambia? Tanzania?

> >everything

> >> The Brits royally fucked up every other aspect of The Mandate, or are
> >> you going to lie about that too? How many wars have been fought in the
> >> Middle East subsequently, entirely due to what British and French bastards
> >> did after WWI?
>
> >The French that we evicted from Syria and Lebanon?
>
> Thanks to the Mandate and the absolute greed of Britain and France to
> occupy the former Ottoman Empire (Attaturk thwarted both countries from
> grabbing Turkey itself), the two countries divided the headwaters of the
> Jordan River from the rest. The best way to guarantee instability and
> war in a desert is to fuck with water rights like that. I'm not sure what
> Britain's involvement in getting the French to leave Syria after WWII,
> but if Britain got France to leave, that was certain a good thing.

Our mandate administration of Iraq and Transjordan led to independence, as intended.

> I was thinking of Iraq, in particular. The British created the circumstances
> that led to Saddam Hussein 10 years after the military coup d'etat that
> overthrew the Bedouin puppet installed by Britain. How did Britain ensure
> that Iraq would be a disaster? Instead of integrating the country, the
> British played upon religious differences between Sunni and Shi'ite. The
> latter were the shopkeepers, the former were poorer. Instead of improving
> the lot of the Sunnis, Britain turned the army into a Sunni-dominated
> institution. What could possibly go wrong?

Where do you get that information from? By the way, although Saddam was a nasty piece of work, Iraq was a largely secular country, in which religious and racial minorities didn't have to become refugees.

> We won't discuss how Britain made sure that the Kurds ended up in, what,
> four different countries, giving them a worse fate than when they were all
> under the Ottoman Turks.

A fate worse than they have now?

> Iran? Never a British colony, but Britain certainly grabbed large swaths
> of its territory in the 19th century, and forgot to end its occupation for
> half a dozen years after WWI in a large part of the country.
>
> Then, acting on behalf of British oil, Britain overthrew the democratically
> elected government in 1953 that had the nerve to want to nationalize oil,
> to install Pahlavi as dictator, who then PERSONALLY became the owner of all
> oil reserves but kept British oil in business. Britain could have made the
> same deal with the democratic government. Shamefully, the British government
> conspired with the Dulles brothers in the Eisenhower administration (who
> ran CIA and State Department) to overthrow the government.

And your point is?

> That was 1953. Exactly what year do you claim that Britain faced up to
> its own failures in trying to dominate the world stage?

1956.

> >de-colonization.

> >> Oh, ok. It wasn't a paradise of stability after the Brits decolonized. At
> >> least they didn't become a republic, I suppose you still have that.

> >> Way to set the bar low. The Spanish decolonized in ignominy.
>
> >Spain? Well, America grabbed what was left of their colonies.
>
> Cuba was never a colony, neither was Puerto Rico.

Really?

>The Philippines, sigh,
> United States behaved rather like Spain for several decades.

Tut tut!

> However, by
> the 1930s, we tried for a gradual and successful transition to independence
> and democracy, but the Japanese occupation prevented that.

> >> The British and French were humiliated by the Suez Crisis. Did you
> >> know that?
>
> >Not as big a humiliation (or as costly) as Vietnam, Adam.
>
> I'm not the one in denial here, Worthington. I'm not the one lying about
> British history or uttering rank stupidity about de-Mandating the Middle
> East. The world will never know if the Middle East could have been free
> and stable if not for British and French intervention.

I don't lie, Adam.

> >> You fucking chose a random Bedouin family and gave them five different
> >> countries they had no association with. The Hashemites kept Jordan, only.
> >> It was a fucking disaster. Jordan attacked Israel in three major wars and
> >> a whole bunch of minor conflicts, again, over the bloody incompetant mess
> >> the Brits and French left the Middle East in, with all those unsustainable
> >> international boundaries.
>
> >> But Jordan is a rousing success! Well, eventually, and absolutely
> >> no thanks to the British.
>
> >> The rest of your lies about history snipped unread.
>
> >The Hashemites were pushed out of the holy cities by the Wahabi
> >shitheads that American oil companies seem to love. The Saudis are
> >behind most of the fundamentalist nutters and terrorists. Don't you know
> >that?
>
> The best you can come up with is your shitheads were better than our shitheads?

But that is certainly the case, you silly boy! The Hashemites were not fundamentalist fanatics.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 30, 2015, 7:00:20 PM6/30/15
It was a Mandate to set up stable countries, which Britain failed to do.
It was not a Mandate to install random monarchs, all from one family.

Iraq is a result you are proud of? You're a blithering idiot.

>> I was thinking of Iraq, in particular. The British created the circumstances
>> that led to Saddam Hussein 10 years after the military coup d'etat that
>> overthrew the Bedouin puppet installed by Britain. How did Britain ensure
>> that Iraq would be a disaster? Instead of integrating the country, the
>> British played upon religious differences between Sunni and Shi'ite. The
>> latter were the shopkeepers, the former were poorer. Instead of improving
>> the lot of the Sunnis, Britain turned the army into a Sunni-dominated
>> institution. What could possibly go wrong?

>Where do you get that information from?

Basic Iraqi history. Brits traditionally governed via a divide-and-conquer
strategy. Can't have the occupied united, else they'd boot out the Brits.

>By the way, although Saddam was a nasty piece of work, Iraq was a largely
>secular country, in which religious and racial minorities didn't have
>to become refugees.

Religious oppression isn't quite the same as secular. Anyway, without
Saddam's iron fist, religious oppression would return in part.

>> We won't discuss how Britain made sure that the Kurds ended up in, what,
>> four different countries, giving them a worse fate than when they were all
>> under the Ottoman Turks.

>A fate worse than they have now?

A minority in one country is probably better than being a minority in
four countries, but who knows.

>> Iran? Never a British colony, but Britain certainly grabbed large swaths
>> of its territory in the 19th century, and forgot to end its occupation for
>> half a dozen years after WWI in a large part of the country.
>>
>> Then, acting on behalf of British oil, Britain overthrew the democratically
>> elected government in 1953 that had the nerve to want to nationalize oil,
>> to install Pahlavi as dictator, who then PERSONALLY became the owner of all
>> oil reserves but kept British oil in business. Britain could have made the
>> same deal with the democratic government. Shamefully, the British government
>> conspired with the Dulles brothers in the Eisenhower administration (who
>> ran CIA and State Department) to overthrow the government.

>And your point is?

The Brits are bastards, always have been, always will be.

>> That was 1953. Exactly what year do you claim that Britain faced up to
>> its own failures in trying to dominate the world stage?

>1956.

That was the year of the Suez Crisis. Try again.

>>>de-colonization.

>>>Spain? Well, America grabbed what was left of their colonies.

>>Cuba was never a colony, neither was Puerto Rico.

>Really?

By definition, a colony is settled by people from the home country.
Puerto Rico was never an American colony. Try again.

>>The Philippines, sigh, United States behaved rather like Spain for
>>several decades.

>Tut tut!

I never claimed that America avoided all the mistakes of European bastards.

>> However, by
>> the 1930s, we tried for a gradual and successful transition to independence
>> and democracy, but the Japanese occupation prevented that.

>> >Not as big a humiliation (or as costly) as Vietnam, Adam.
>>
>> I'm not the one in denial here, Worthington. I'm not the one lying about
>> British history or uttering rank stupidity about de-Mandating the Middle
>> East. The world will never know if the Middle East could have been free
>> and stable if not for British and French intervention.

>I don't lie, Adam.

Too bad you lied here.

>> >The Hashemites were pushed out of the holy cities by the Wahabi
>> >shitheads that American oil companies seem to love. The Saudis are
>> >behind most of the fundamentalist nutters and terrorists. Don't you know
>> >that?
>>
>> The best you can come up with is your shitheads were better than our
>shitheads?

>But that is certainly the case, you silly boy! The Hashemites were not
>fundamentalist fanatics.

Just greedy for personal wealth and power through corruption, and ruling
through fear. 'Tis why they tended to get overthrown. Apparently Jordan
got the slightly more political brother.

Barry Worthington

Jun 30, 2015, 7:37:58 PM6/30/15
Well, both the League of Nations and the United Nations were satisfied with our efforts.....

> It was not a Mandate to install random monarchs, all from one family.
>
> Iraq is a result you are proud of?

Well, it was stable until Bush fucked it up.

>You're a blithering idiot.
>
> >> I was thinking of Iraq, in particular. The British created the circumstances
> >> that led to Saddam Hussein 10 years after the military coup d'etat that
> >> overthrew the Bedouin puppet installed by Britain. How did Britain ensure
> >> that Iraq would be a disaster? Instead of integrating the country, the
> >> British played upon religious differences between Sunni and Shi'ite. The
> >> latter were the shopkeepers, the former were poorer. Instead of improving
> >> the lot of the Sunnis, Britain turned the army into a Sunni-dominated
> >> institution. What could possibly go wrong?
>
> >Where do you get that information from?
>
> Basic Iraqi history. Brits traditionally governed via a divide-and-conquer
> strategy. Can't have the occupied united, else they'd boot out the Brits.

Ah....the voices in your head!

> >By the way, although Saddam was a nasty piece of work, Iraq was a largely
> >secular country, in which religious and racial minorities didn't have
> >to become refugees.
>
> Religious oppression isn't quite the same as secular. Anyway, without
> Saddam's iron fist, religious oppression would return in part.

So are you agreeing with me?

> >> We won't discuss how Britain made sure that the Kurds ended up in, what,
> >> four different countries, giving them a worse fate than when they were all
> >> under the Ottoman Turks.
>
> >A fate worse than they have now?
>
> A minority in one country is probably better than being a minority in
> four countries, but who knows.

What about two? (Syria and Iraq.)

> >> Iran? Never a British colony, but Britain certainly grabbed large swaths
> >> of its territory in the 19th century, and forgot to end its occupation for
> >> half a dozen years after WWI in a large part of the country.
> >>
> >> Then, acting on behalf of British oil, Britain overthrew the democratically
> >> elected government in 1953 that had the nerve to want to nationalize oil,
> >> to install Pahlavi as dictator, who then PERSONALLY became the owner of all
> >> oil reserves but kept British oil in business. Britain could have made the
> >> same deal with the democratic government. Shamefully, the British government
> >> conspired with the Dulles brothers in the Eisenhower administration (who
> >> ran CIA and State Department) to overthrow the government.
>
> >And your point is?
>
> The Brits are bastards, always have been, always will be.

And you are a dickhead. But even dickheads are not always stalkers..
.
You are W.R.Hearst, and I claim a wild night of passion with Marion Davies!

> >> That was 1953. Exactly what year do you claim that Britain faced up to
> >> its own failures in trying to dominate the world stage?
>
> >1956.
>
> That was the year of the Suez Crisis. Try again.

Yes. That's why I chose it.

> >>Cuba was never a colony, neither was Puerto Rico.
>
> >Really?
>
> By definition, a colony is settled by people from the home country.

No it isn't!

> Puerto Rico was never an American colony. Try again.
>
> >>The Philippines, sigh, United States behaved rather like Spain for
> >>several decades.
>
> >Tut tut!
>
> I never claimed that America avoided all the mistakes of European bastards.

Sometimes they did much worse.

> >> However, by
> >> the 1930s, we tried for a gradual and successful transition to independence
> >> and democracy, but the Japanese occupation prevented that.

> >> I'm not the one in denial here, Worthington. I'm not the one lying about
> >> British history or uttering rank stupidity about de-Mandating the Middle
> >> East. The world will never know if the Middle East could have been free
> >> and stable if not for British and French intervention.
>
> >I don't lie, Adam.
>
> Too bad you lied here.

How so?

> >> The best you can come up with is your shitheads were better than our
> >shitheads?
>
> >But that is certainly the case, you silly boy! The Hashemites were not
> >fundamentalist fanatics.
>
> Just greedy for personal wealth and power through corruption, and ruling
> through fear. 'Tis why they tended to get overthrown. Apparently Jordan
> got the slightly more political brother.

Not fanatics.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 30, 2015, 7:54:54 PM6/30/15
You haven't offered a counterexample, as there isn't one.

>>>By the way, although Saddam was a nasty piece of work, Iraq was a largely
>>>secular country, in which religious and racial minorities didn't have
>>>to become refugees.

>>Religious oppression isn't quite the same as secular. Anyway, without
>>Saddam's iron fist, religious oppression would return in part.

>So are you agreeing with me?

Stop being a doofus. Religious oppression is the counter-reaction to
Saddam's style of governance. In a country that's truly secular,
that would never have happened.

Massive snip; can't care too much about what you write

Tom Benton

Jun 30, 2015, 9:41:44 PM6/30/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:36:37 -0700 (PDT), Barry Worthington
There was that gassing of the Kurds thing, of course.

-----------------------

Rich relations give
crust of bread and such.
You can help yourself
but don't take too much.

Billie Holiday

Barry Worthington

Jul 1, 2015, 5:16:09 PM7/1/15
Yes, but America didn't mind a bit. I recall that they even supplied him with the gas. And encouraged him to attack Iran.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 1, 2015, 5:25:07 PM7/1/15
This is a lie. The precursors for the chemical weapons came from West
Germany. The Wikipedia article lists Singapore, the Netherlands, Egypt,
and India too, which I didn't recall.

Every Western government backed Saddam and every major Western country
with military weapons sold them to Saddam. UK was no exception. If
Saddam hadn't invaded Kuwaiit, he would have kept his western support.

>Dr. Barry Worthington

It's too bad one cannot create a sockpuppet smarter than one's self.

Tom Benton

Jul 1, 2015, 5:27:45 PM7/1/15
On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 14:16:06 -0700 (PDT), Barry Worthington
Didn't mind? Where were you? I don't know who supplied the gas but
no one in the US wanted it used on the Kurds that I know of. Do you
have a source that I missed?

Barry Worthington

Jul 2, 2015, 4:22:30 AM7/2/15
Your State Department didn't mind.

> Do you
> have a source that I missed?

Don't you read the papers?

Dr. Barry Worthington

RichA

Jul 2, 2015, 4:24:25 AM7/2/15
I might, if I lived in a European city.

RichA

Jul 2, 2015, 4:27:32 AM7/2/15
LebanonUnited States April 18, 1983 – The April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing, in Beirut, Lebanon by the Islamic Jihad Organization. 63 dead, 120 injured.[1]
LebanonUnited StatesFrance October 23, 1983 – The 1983 Beirut barracks bombing by the Islamic Jihad Organization. 307 dead 75 injured.
Kuwait December 12, 1983 – 1983 Kuwait bombings. The 90-minute coordinated attack of six key foreign and Kuwaiti installations including two embassies, the airport, and the country's main petro-chemical plant, was more notable for the damage it might have caused than what was actually destroyed. What might have been "the worst terrorist episode of the twentieth century in the Middle East," succeeding in killing only 6 people because of the bombs' faulty rigging.[2]
LebanonUnited States September 20, 1984 – The 1984 United States embassy annex bombing in Beirut, Lebanon. 24 dead.
Spain April 12, 1985 – 1985 El Descanso bombing. 18 dead 82 injured.
Israel July 7, 1989 – Tel Aviv Jerusalem bus 405 suicide attack, near Kiryat Yearim. 16 dead.[3]

1990s
Osama bin Laden (1957–2011) was the founder of Al-Qaeda, the jihadist organization responsible for many high profile attacks, including the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings.
The 1998 United States embassy bombing in Nairobi where 214 people were killed including 12 Americans, 4000 others were wounded.

ArgentinaIsrael March 17, 1992 – The 1992 attack on Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires. 29 killed 242 injured.
United States February 26, 1993 – World Trade Center bombing, in New York City. 6 killed.[4]
India March 12, 1993 – Serial blasts in Mumbai kill 257 people.
Turkey July 2, 1993 – Sivas Massacre, Arson attack at a gathering in Sivas killing 35 intellectuals from Turkey, most of whom were Alevis.
Israel April 6, 1994 – Afula Bus suicide bombing killing 8 wounding 55.
Israel April 13, 1994 – Hadera bus station suicide bombing. killing 5 wounding 30.
Israel October 19, 1994 – The Dizengoff Street bus bombing was a Hamas suicide attack on a passenger bus driving down Dizengoff Street in Tel Aviv. 22 killed 50 injured.
Israel November 11, 1994 – Netzarim Junction bicycle bombing killing 3 and wounding 12.
AlgeriaFrance December 24, 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by 3 members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. 7 killed including 4 hijackers, 25 injured.[5]
Israel January 22, 1995 – The Beit Lid suicide bombing was a suicide attack by Palestinian Islamic Jihad. 20 dead 69 injured.
Algeria January 30, 1995 – A car bomb exploded outside of a police station. 42 dead and 286 injured.[6][7]
India July 20, 1995 – A bomb on a motor scooter exploded at a marketplace in Jammu. Harkat-ul-Ansar claimed responsibility for the bombing. at least 17 killed 100+ injured.[8]
France July 25-October 17, 1995 – The 1995 Paris Métro and RER bombings were a series of attacks by the Armed Islamic Group of Algeria in France. 8 killed 100+ wounded.
Croatia October 20, 1995 – In the 1995 Rijeka bombing a suicide bomber attempted to destroy a police station by driving a car with a bomb into the wall of the building. killing 1 (assailant) injured 29.
Israel March 4, 1996 – The Dizengoff Center suicide bombing was a terror attack by Hamas on the eve of the Jewish holiday of Purim. 13 killed 130 injured.
Egypt April 18, 1996 – Islamist gunmen fire on the Europa hotel in Cairo. 18 killed 17 wounded.[9]
Saudi ArabiaUnited States June 25, 1996 – Khobar Towers bombing, 20 killed, 372 wounded.[10]
Israel March 21, 1997 – The Café Apropo bombing was a Hamas suicide bomber who detonated at a Tel Aviv sidewalk café. killing 3 wounding 46.
Israel July 30, 1997 – The 1997 Mahane Yehuda Market bombings were two consecutive suicide bombings carried out by Hamas militants at the Mahane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem. killing 16 wounding 178.
Bosnia and Herzegovina September 18, 1997 – The 1997 Mostar car bombings. 29 people injured.
Egypt November 17, 1997 – Luxor massacre, 6 armed Islamic terrorists attacked tourists at the Luxor ruins. 62 killed, 26 injured.[11]
India February 14, 1998 – A total of 58 people were killed and over 200 injured in 12 bomb attacks in 11 places, in the city of Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Tanzania Kenya United States August 7, 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead, 4000+ injured.[12]

2000s
The north face of Two World Trade Center (south tower) immediately after being struck by United Airlines Flight 175
Hasib Hussain, who detonated the bus bomb in Tavistock Square in the 7 July 2005 London bombings, is captured on CCTV leaving

Philippines April 23, 2000 – September 19, 2000 – 2000 Sipadan kidnappings by 6 Islamist militants. Several injured.
YemenUnited States October 12, 2000 – Attack on USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden. 17 American sailors were killed, 39 injured.
India December 22, 2000 – Attack on Red Fort in Delhi.
Indonesia December 24, 2000 – Christmas Eve 2000 Indonesia bombings of churches in eight cities, 18 killed.[13]
Israel March 4, 2001 – The 2001 Netanya bombing was a suicide bombing in Netanya, Israel. 3 killed 60+ injured.
Bangladesh April 14, 2001 – 2001 Ramna Batamul bombings. 10 dead, many wounded.
Israel May 18, 2001 – The 2001 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing in Netanya, Israel. 5 killed 100+ injured.
Philippines May 27, 2001 – The Dos Palmas kidnappings with more than 40 deaths and numerous injured.
Israel June 1, 2001 – In the Dolphinarium discotheque suicide bombing 21 people were killed and 100+ were injured.
Israel 9 August 2001 – The Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing was a Hamas terrorist attack on a pizzeria in downtown Jerusalem. 15 killed 130 injured.
Israel September 9, 2001 – The Nahariya train station suicide bombing was executed by an Arab-Israeli who was sent by Hamas and detonated himself on the crowded platform. 3 dead 94 injured.
United States September 11, 2001 – 4 planes hijacked by 19 al-Qaeda members: two planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, New York; one into the The Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia; and one into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. 2,977 victims killed.[14]
India October 1, 2001 – Attack on the Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly.
Saudi Arabia October 6, 2001 – A suicide bomber killed one American and injured 4, including 1 other American, a Briton, and 2 Filipinos.
Israel November 29, 2001 – The Pardes Hanna bus bombing was a suicide bombing on a bus from Nazareth to Tel Aviv. 3 dead 7 injured.
Israel December 2, 2001 – Haifa bus 16 suicide bombing. 15 killed 40 injured.
India December 13, 2001 – Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba, aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. 7 dead, 12 injured.[15]
India January 22, 2002 – Attack on an American cultural centre in Kolkata
Pakistan January 23, 2002 – The kidnapping and murder of Daniel Pearl – Israeli-American journalist Daniel Pearl was kidnapped by Pakistani Islamic militants. He was later beheaded on February 1.
Israel January 25, 2002 – The 2002 Tel Aviv outdoor mall bombing was a terrorist attack which occurred in which a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up in Tel-Aviv, Israel, injuring at least 24 civilians.
Israel January 27, 2002 – 2002 Jaffa Street bombing. 1 dead.
Israel March 2, 2002 – The Yeshivat Beit Yisrael massacre was a suicide bombing which occurred in the Beit Yisrael neighborhood in downtown Jerusalem. 11 killed 54 injured.
Israel March 9, 2002 – The Café Moment bombing was a Palestinian terrorist attack in a coffee shop in downtown Jerusalem, Israel. 11dead 54 injured.
Israel March 20, 2002 – The Umm al-Fahm bus bombing was a suicide bombing which occurred on a bus which was passing through Umm al-Fahm in northern Israel
Israel March 21, 2002 – King George Street bombing. 3 dead 42 injured.
Israel March 27, 2002 – The Passover massacre was a suicide bombing carried out by Hamas at the Park Hotel in Netanya. 30 dead 140 wounded.
Israel March 29, 2002 – Kiryat HaYovel supermarket bombing. 2 dead 28 wounded.
India March 30, 2002 – Attack on the Raghunath temple
Israel March 31, 2002 – The Matza restaurant suicide bombing occurred, when a Palestinian Hamas suicide bomber detonated his bomb inside the Matza restaurant in Haifa, Israel, near the Grand Canyon shopping mall, killing 16 Israeli civilians and injuring over 40 people.
Israel April 10, 2002 – Yagur Junction bombing. 8 killed 19 injured.
Tunisia April 11, 2002 – Ghriba synagogue bombing A natural gas truck rigged with explosives detonated in front of the ancient El Ghriba synagogue on the Tunisian island of Djerba, killing 14 Germans, 3 Tunisians, and 2 French. More than 30 people were wounded.
Israel April 12, 2002 – 2002 Mahane Yehuda Market bombing. 6 killed 104 wounded.
Israel May 7, 2002 – The 2002 Rishon LeZion bombing was a suicide bombing which occurred at a crowded game club located in the new industrial area of Rishon Lezion. 16 killed 57 injured.
Pakistan May 8, 2002 – 2002 Karachi bus bombing A man driving a car bomb detonated next to a bus carrying mostly French engineers. 11 Frenchmen and 2 Pakistanis were killed (not including the bomber).
India May 14, 2002 – three terrorists attacked a tourist bus near the town of Kaluchak in the Indian state Jammu and Kashmir .
Israel May 19, 2002 – Netanya Market bombing. 3 dead 56+ injured.
Israel June 5, 2002 – Megiddo Junction bus bombing. 17 dead 43 injured.
Israel June 11, 2002 – 2002 Herzliya shawarma restaurant bombing. 1 dead 15 injured.
Pakistan June 14, 2002 – The first of several attacks targeting the U.S. consulate in Karachi. 12 killed, 51 injured.
Israel June 18, 2002 – Patt Junction Bus Bombing. 19 dead 74 injured.
Israel June 19, 2002 – 2002 French Hill suicide bombing. 7 dead ~50 injured.
Saudi Arabia June 20, 2002 – A British national was killed when a bomb placed under his car detonated in Al Nakheel.
India July 13, 2002 – Militants kill 29 Hindu labourers in Qasim Nagar on the outskirts of Jammu in Jammu and Kashmir.
Israel July 16, 2002 – 2002 Immanuel bus attack. 9 dead 20 injured.
Israel July 17, 2002 – Neve Shaanan Street bombing. 5 dead 40 injured.
Israel July 31, 2002 – Hebrew University bombing. 9 dead ~100 injured.
Israel August 4, 2002 – Meron Junction Bus 361 attack. 9 dead 38 injured.
Israel September 19, 2002 – Allenby Street bus bombing. 6 dead ~70 injured.
India September 24, 2002 – Akshardham Temple attack
Saudi Arabia September 29, 2002 – A German national was killed by a car bomb in central Riyadh.
Philippines October 2, 2002 – The first of three bomb blasts in Zamboanga City kills 4 people, including one United States Green Beret and wounds 25 others, including another United States Green Beret.
France October 6, 2002 – An explosive-laden dinghy rammed the French-flagged tanker Limburg in the Gulf of Aden off of Yemen, killing one crewman and seriously damaging the ship.
Kuwait October 8, 2002 – Faylaka Island attack Two Kuwaiti jihadists attacked a group of United States Marines, killing one and injuring another. Both attackers were killed.
Indonesia October 12, 2002 – 2002 Bali bombings in the tourist district of Kuta on the Indonesian island of Bali, killing 202 people and injuring 240.[16]
Philippines October 17, 2002 – The second of three bomb blasts targets a shopping centre in Zamboanga City, killing at least 7 and wounding about 150 people.
Philippines October 21, 2002 – The third of three bomb blasts targets Fort Pilar, a Catholic shrine in Zamboanga City, killing a Philippine Marine guarding the church and wounding 18 others.
Israel October 21, 2002 – Karkur junction suicide bombing. 14 dead +40 injured
Russia October 23, 2002 – The Moscow theater hostage crisis was the seizure of the crowded Dubrovka Theater by Islamists. 170+ dead (including 40 perpetrators) 700+ injured.
Israel October 27, 2002 – Sonol gas station bombing. 3 dead 18 injured.
Israel November 21, 2002 – Kiryat Menachem bus bombing. 11 dead 50 injured.
India November 24, 2002 – Attack on the Raghunath temple
KenyaIsrael November 28, 2002 – 2002 Mombasa attacks Islamic terrorists launch simultaneous attacks against an Israeli-owned hotel in Mombasa and an Israeli charter plane. 13 people (10 Kenyans and 3 Israelis), not including 3 suicide bombers, were killed and 80 injured at the hotel, but the plane was missed by the two missiles fired at it.
Israel January 5, 2003 – Tel Aviv central bus station massacre. 23 dead 100+ injured.
Saudi Arabia February 20, 2003 – An American employee of BAE Systems was shot to death in his car in Riyadh.
Pakistan February 28, 2003 – A gunman opens fire on the U.S. consulate in Karachi. 2 police officers killed, 5 police officers and 1 civilian injured.
Israel March 5, 2003 – Haifa bus 37 suicide bombing. 17 dead 53 wounded.
Israel April 30, 2003 – Mike's Place suicide bombing. 3 dead 50+ injured.
Saudi Arabia May 1, 2003 – A man dressed in a Royal Saudi Navy uniform penetrated an American base, killing one American, before escaping unscathed.
Saudi Arabia May 12, 2003 – Several heavily-armed gunmen open fire and detonate vehicle bombs outside three housing compounds in Riyadh occupied by Westerners, killing 27 people (12 attackers also were killed). More than 160 people were wounded.
Russia May 12, 2003 – The 2003 Znamenskoye suicide bombing. 59 killed 200 injured.
Morocco May 16, 2003 – A series of suicide bombings in Casablanca killed 45 people and injured over 100 others.
Israel May 18, 2003 – 2003 French Hill suicide bombings. 7 dead 20 injured.
Israel May 19, 2003 – Afula mall bombing. 3 dead 70 injured.
Israel June 11, 2003 – Davidka Square bus bombing. 17 dead ~100 injured.
Indonesia August 5, 2003 – 2003 Marriott Hotel bombing in Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bomber detonated a car bomb outside the JW Marriott Jakarta lobby, killing 12 and injuring 150.
Israel August 19, 2003 – Shmuel HaNavi bus bombing. 24 dead 130+ injured.
India August 25, 2003 – Twin car bombings killed 54, and injured 244 people in Mumbai.
Israel September 9, 2003 – Tzrifin bus stop attack. 9 dead 15 injured.
Israel September 9, 2003 – Café Hillel bombing. 7 dead 50+ injured.
Israel October 4, 2003 – The Maxim restaurant suicide bombing was a suicide bombing in the beachfront "Maxim" restaurant in Haifa, Israel. 21 people were killed in the attack and 51 were injured. Among the victims were two families and four children, including a two-month-old baby.
Saudi Arabia November 8, 2003 – A suicide truck bomb detonated outside a housing compound in Laban Valley, west of Riyadh, killing 17 and wounding 122.
Turkey November 15–20, 2003 – 2003 Istanbul bombings, killed 57 people and wounded 700.
Indonesia January 10, 2004 – 2004 Palopo cafe bombing An IED underneath a table, killing 4 and wounding 3.
Israel January 14, 2004 – 2004 Erez Crossing bombing. killed 4 injured 10.
Israel January 29, 2004 – Gaza Street bus bombing. killed 11 injured 50+.
Russia February 6, 2004 – The February 2004 Moscow Metro bombing. 41 killed up to 120 injured.
Israel February 22, 2004 – Liberty Bell Park bus bombing. killed 8 injured 60.
Philippines February 27, 2004 – The sinking of SuperFerry 14 by Abu Sayyaf terrorists results in the deaths of 116 people.
Turkey March 9, 2004 – March 9, 2004 attack on Istanbul restaurant Two Islamic militants open fire and detonate pipe bombs, killing one and wounding 5 others. One attacker was killed and the other was seriously injured.
Spain March 11, 2004 – Madrid train bombings, killed 191 people and wounded 1,800.[17][18]
Israel March 14, 2004 – 2004 Ashdod Port bombings. 10 dead 16 wounded.
Saudi Arabia April 21, 2004 – A car bomb explodes outside a building originally used by the Saudi police, killing 5 and wounding 148.
Saudi Arabia May 1, 2004 – 2004 Yanbu attack At least four militants stormed the offices of Texas-based ABB Lummus in Yanbu' al Bahr, Saudi Arabia, killing 7.
Saudi Arabia May 22, 2004 – A German national was shot to death while waiting at an ATM in Riyadh.
Saudi Arabia May 29–30, 2004 – 2004 Khobar massacre Four Al Qaeda-linked militants attacked two oil industry installations and a residential compound in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia, killing 22 and injuring 25.
Saudi Arabia June 6, 2004 – BBC journalist Simon Cumbers and correspondent Frank Gardner were attacked by Al Qaeda sympathizers while filming an Al Qaeda safehouse in Al-Suwaidi, Riyadh. Cumbers was killed, while Gardner was seriously injured.
Saudi Arabia June 8, 2004 – An American employee of Vinnell Corp. was killed in Riyadh.
Saudi Arabia June 13, 2004 – An American national was gunned down in Riyadh. Elsewhere in the city, another American, Paul Marshall Johnson, was kidnapped at a fake police checkpoint. He was later beheaded on June 18.
Iraq July 28, 2004 – The 2004 Baqubah bombing on police volunteers killing 68 injuring dozens.
Iraq August 1, 2004 – The 2004 Iraq churches attacks killing at least 12 people and wounding 71+.
Saudi Arabia August 3, 2004 – An Irish national was shot and killed in Riyadh.
Bangladesh August 21, 2004 – The 2004 Dhaka grenade attack was carried out by members of Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami against an anti-terrorism rally, killing 24 and injuring over 300.
Russia August 31, 2004 – The August 2004 Moscow Metro bombing. 10 killed 50 injured.
Israel August 31, 2004 – Beersheba bus bombings. 16 killed 100+ injured.
Russia September 1, 2004 – Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.[19][20]
Indonesia Australia September 9, 2004 – 2004 Australian Embassy bombing in Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bomber exploded a one-ton car bomb, which was packed into a small Daihatsu delivery van, outside the Australian embassy at Kuningan District, South Jakarta killing 9 and injuring over 150.
Saudi Arabia September 15, 2004 – A British national working for the Marconi Company was shot to death in his car in Riyadh.
Saudi Arabia September 26, 2004 – A French national was shot to death inside his car in Jeddah.
Egypt October 7, 2004 – The 2004 Sinai bombings targeting tourist hotels in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula killed 34 and wounded 171.
Netherlands November 2, 2004 – The murder of Theo van Gogh by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.[21]
Indonesia November 13, 2004 – 2004 Poso bus bombing An IED targeting a bus travelling to the majority Christian village of Silancak kills 6 and wounds 3.
Saudi Arabia December 6, 2004 – Five militants attacked the American consulate in Jeddah, killing 9 and wounding about 10. Three attackers were killed by Saudi security forces, who wounded and arrested the other two.
Saudi Arabia December 29, 2004 – Two car bombs explode outside the Saudi Interior Ministry and the Special Emergency Force training center in Riyadh, killing one civilian and wounding several others.
Israel January 13, 2005 – Karni border crossing attack. 6 killed 4 injured.
Lebanon February 14, 2005 – Assassination of Rafic Hariri The former Prime Minister of Lebanon, Rafic Hariri, was among 22 people killed when 1,000 kg of TNT exploded near his motorcade in Beirut.
Israel February 25, 2005 – Stage Club bombing. 5 killed 50+ injured.
Indonesia May 28, 2005 – The 2005 Tentena market bombings in Indonesia kill 22 and wound about 90.
India July 5, 2005 – Attack on the Hindu Ram temple in Ayodhya, India. 6 dead.
United Kingdom July 7, 2005 – Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.
Israel July 12, 2005 – 12 July 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing. 5 killed 90+ injured.
Egypt July 23, 2005 – Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.
Bangladesh August 17, 2005 – The 2005 Bangladesh bombings, carried out by Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh, kill 2 civilians and wound 50 others.
Indonesia October 1, 2005 – 2005 Bali bombings in Jimbaran & Kuta, Bali, Indonesia; a series of bombings kills at least 20 and injures over 100.
Israel October 26, 2005 – Hadera Market bombing. 7 killed 55 injured.
India October 29, 2005 – 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus.[22]
Indonesia October 30, 2005 – Muslim militants on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi behead three Christian girls.
Jordan November 9, 2005 – 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured.[23][24] Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.[25]
Israel December 5, 2005 – 5 December 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing. 5 dead 40+ injured.
Indonesia December 31, 2005 – A nail bomb explodes in a butcher's shop frequented by Christians in Palu, Indonesia, killing 8 and wounding 53.
Pakistan March 2, 2006 – A suicide car bomb exploded outside the Marriott Hotel, about 20 yards away from the U.S. consulate in Karachi. 4 killed and 30 injured.
India March 7, 2006 – A series of bombings occurred across the Hindu holy city of Varanasi killing at least 28 people and injuring 101 others.
Israel May 30, 2006 – Kedumim bombing. 4 dead.
Israel April 17, 2006 – 2006 Tel Aviv shawarma restaurant bombing. 11 killed 70 injured.
Egypt April 24, 2006 – 2006 Dahab bombings. 23 killed ~80 injured.
India April 30, 2006 – 2006 Doda massacre: Thirty-five Hindus killed by terrorists in Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir.
India July 11, 2006 – 2006 Mumbai train bombings: Seven bomb blasts over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.[26]
Yemen September 15, 2006 – The September 15, 2006 Yemen attacks were two attempted bombings of oil facilities in Yemen. 5 dead (4 attackers).
Israel January 29, 2007 – Eilat bakery bombing. 3 killed.
Turkey April 18, 2007 – The Zirve Publishing House massacre. Three employees of the Bible publishing house were attacked, tortured and murdered by five Muslim assailants.
India May 13, 2007 – Jaipur bombings. 80 dead 216 injured.
United Kingdom June 30, 2007 – 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack, 5 injured.
Philippines July 10, 2007 — July 11, 2007 – 2007 Basilan beheading incident by Moro Islamic Liberation Front 14 dead 9 wounded.
Iraq August 14, 2007 – Qahtaniya bombings. Four suicide vehicle bombings in two predominantly Yazidi towns in northern Iraq. 796 killed, 1,562 wounded.[27]
Israel February 4, 2008 – 2008 Dimona suicide bombing. 1 killed 9 injured.
India July 26, 2008 – 2008 Ahmedabad bombings. 56 dead, over 200 injured.[28][29]
India September 13, 2008 – Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.
Pakistan September 20, 2008 – Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombing: A dump truck filled with explosives detonated outside the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, killing at least 54, including 2 American servicemen.
India September 27, 2008 – 27 September 2008 Delhi blast: An explosion in Mehrauli's Electronic market called Sarai, killed 3 and injured 23 others.
Iraq October 2008 – January 2009 – 2008 attacks on Christians in Mosul. 40+ dead.
India November 26, 2008 – Muslim extremists kill at least 166 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's financial capital, Mumbai. The government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government first refused but then accepted when given proof. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.[30][31]
United States June 1, 2009 – 2009 Little Rock recruiting office shooting by Abdulhakim Muhajid Muhammad. 1 killed and 1 injured
Somalia June 18, 2009 – 2009 Beledweyne bombing by Al-Shabaab. 35 dead.
Indonesia July 17, 2009 – 2009 Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Hotels bombing in Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bombers hit the Marriott and 5 minutes later the Ritz-Carlton. 9 killed and 53 injured
United States November 5, 2009 – Fort Hood shooting, at Fort Hood near Killeen, Texas. 13 dead, 33 injured.

2010s

Egypt January 7, 2010 – The Nag Hammadi massacre was a massacre of Coptic Christians carried out in the Egyptian city of Nag Hammadi. 11 killed 11 injured.
Pakistan February 3, 2010 – February 2010 Lower Dir bombing. 8 dead 70 injured.
Iraq March 3, 2010 – The 2010 Baqubah bombings were a series of three bombings that killed at least 33 people and injured 55 others.
Russia March 29, 2010 – Moscow Metro bombings. 40 dead, 102 injured. Caucasus Emirate claimed responsibility[32]
Iraq May 10, 2010 – The 10 May 2010 Iraq attacks were a series of bomb and shooting attacks that occurred in Iraq. 100+ dead 350+ injured.
Pakistan May 28, 2010 – Attacks on Ahmadi Mosques Lahore, Pakistan. Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques simultaneously belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others.[33]
Uganda July 11, 2010 – The July 2010 Kampala attacks were suicide bombings carried out against crowds watching a screening of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final match. 74 dead 70 injured.
Iran July 15, 2010 – The 2010 Zahedan bombings were two suicide bombings, that targeted Shia worshippers in Iran, including members of the Revolutionary Guards. 27+ dead 270+ injured.
Iraq August 17, 2010 – 17 August 2010 Baghdad bombings. 69+ dead 169 injured.
Iraq August 25, 2010 – 25 August 2010 Iraq bombings. 53+ dead 270+ injured.
Iraq October 31, 2010 – 2010 Baghdad church massacre. At least 51 dead 78 injured.
Pakistan November 5, 2010 – 2010 Darra Adam Khel mosque bombing. At least 66 people, including children, were killed, 80 others were wounded.
India December 7, 2010 – 2010 Varanasi bombing, India. 2 dead, 37 injured.
Sweden December 10, 2010 – 2010 Stockholm bombing, Sweden. killing the bomber and injuring two people.
Egypt January 1, 2011 – The 2011 Alexandria bombing. 23 dead 97 injured.
Iraq January 18–20, 2011 – The January 2011 Iraq suicide attacks. 137+ killed 230 injured.
Russia January 21, 2011 – Domodedovo International Airport bombing. 37 killed, 173 wounded[34]
Iraq January 27, 2011 – 27 January 2011 Baghdad bombing killing 48 wounding 78.
Iraq February 12, 2011 – 2011 Samarra bombing. 48 dead 80 injured.
GermanyUnited States March 2, 2011 – 2011 Frankfurt Airport shooting, Frankfurt, Germany. 2 dead, 2 injured.
Pakistan March 8, 2011 – 2011 Faisalabad bombing. 25+ dead 127+ injured.
Iraq March 29, 2011 – The 2011 Tikrit assault was an attack by the Islamic State of Iraq that took place in the city of Tikrit, Iraq. 65 dead 100 injured.
Iraq May 5, 2011 – 2011 Al Hillah bombing. 24 dead 72 injured.
Egypt May 7, 2011 – The 2011 Imbaba church attacks were a series of attacks against Coptic Christian churches. 15 dead 232 injured.
China July 18, 2011 – 2011 Hotan attack, Hotan, China. A group of 18 young Uyghur men who opposed the local government's campaign against the full-face Islamic veil perpetrated a series of coordinated bomb and knife attacks and occupied a police station on Nuerbage Street, killing two security guards and taking eight hostages. The attackers yelled religious slogans, including ones associated with Jihadism, 4 killed, 4 wounded.
China July 30, 2011 – A series of knife and bomb attacks occurred in Kashgar, China. Uyghur men hijacked a truck, killed its driver and drove into a crowd of pedestrians. They then got out of the vehicle and attacked pedestrians with knifes. On July 31, a chain of two explosions started a fire in a restaurant, 15 killed, 42 wounded.
India September 7, 2011 – 2011 Delhi bombing took place in the Indian capital Delhi. 17 dead 76 injured.
Somalia September 4, 2011 – 2011 Mogadishu bombing. 100 dead 110+ injured.
Iraq October 7–13, 2011 – October 2011 Baghdad bombings. 64 dead 190 injured.
Bosnia and Herzegovina October 28, 2011 – A Wahhabi Islamist attacked the US embassy in Sarajevo with a firearm. He wounded a police officer before being shot and injured by police.[35]
Iraq December 22, 2011 – The 22 December 2011 Baghdad bombings were a series of coordinated attacks. 60+ dead. 160+ injured.
Nigeria December 25, 2011 – Christmas Day bombings were bomb blasts and shootings at churches in Madalla, Jos, Gadaka, and Damaturu. Over 41 people are reported dead.[36]
Iraq January 5, 2012 – Iraqi bombings, Baghdad and Nasiriyah, Iraq by Islamic State of Iraq. 73 dead, 149 injured.
Thailand February 14, 2012 – A series of explosions occurred in Bangkok, Thailand, 5 wounded.
Iraq February 23, 2012 – Iraqi attacks, Baghdad, Iraq by Islamic State of Iraq. 83 dead, 250+ injured.
Iraq March 20, 2012 – Iraqi attacks, Baghdad and at least 9 other cities, Iraq. 52 dead, ~ 250 injured.
France March 20, 2012 – Toulouse and Montauban shootings in France. 7 dead, 5 injured.
Russia May 3, 2012 – Makhachkala attack. 14 dead, including 2 suicide bombers, 130 wounded[37]
Yemen May 21, 2012 – 2012 Sana'a bombing against Yemeni Army soldiers practicing for the annual Unity Day military parade. 101+ dead 220+ injured.
Iraq June 13, 2012 – The 13 June 2012 Iraq attacks were a series of simultaneous bombings and shootings occurred in Iraq. At least 93 people were killed and over 300 wounded.
Bulgaria July 18, 2012 – 2012 Burgas bus bombing. 7 dead, including the suicide bomber and 32 injured at Burgas Airport, Burgas, Bulgaria.
Iraq July 23, 2012 – 23 July 2012 Iraq attacks. 116 dead 229 injured.
Iraq August 16, 2012 – 16 August 2012 Iraq attacks. 128 dead 417 injured.
Iraq September 9, 2012 – 9 September 2012 Iraq attacks. 108+ dead 371+ injured.
LibyaUnited States September 11, 2012 – 2012 Benghazi attack on the U.S. Consulate. 4 dead, 11 injured.
Pakistan January 10, 2013 – January 2013 Pakistan bombings. 130 dead 270 injured.
Algeria January 16, 2013 – In Amenas hostage crisis. 67+ dead.
Pakistan February 16, 2013 – February 2013 Quetta bombing. At least 110 people were killed and 200 injured after a bomb hidden in a water tank exploded at a market in Hazara Town.
India February 21, 2013 – 2013 Hyderabad blasts, two bomb blasts killed 16 people and injured 119.
Iraq March 19, 2013 – 19 March 2013 Iraq attacks 98+ dead 240+ injured.
United States April 15, 2013 – Boston Marathon bombings. Two brothers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnev, planted two bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The blast killed 3 and injured 183 others.[38]
Turkey May 11, 2013 – Reyhanlı bombings, killed 52 people and wounded 140.
United Kingdom May 22, 2013 – Two men with cleavers kill British soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich.[39][40]
NigerFrance May 23, 2013 – Battle of Agadez and Arlit. Two coordinated attacks perpetrated by Islamists affiliates targeted the two Niger towns of Agadez and Arlit. 26 dead, 30+ wounded.
France May 23, 2013 – 2013 La Défense attack. An Islamic extremist wielding a knife attacked and wounded a French soldier in the Paris suburb of La Défense. 1 wounded.
Iraq May 27, 2013 – 27 May 2013 Baghdad bombings. 71 dead 224 injured.
Pakistan June 15, 2013 – June 2013 Quetta attacks by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi. 26 dead 20+ injured.
Pakistan June 22, 2013 – 2013 Nanga Parbat tourist shooting. 11 dead 2 injured.
India July 7, 2013 – A series of ten bombs explode in and around the Mahabodhi Temple complex, in Bodh Gaya, India. 5 wounded.
AfghanistanUnited States September 13, 2013 – 2013 attack on U.S. consulate in Herat. 2 dead 20 injured.
Kenya September 21, 2013 – Westgate shopping mall attack, 67 killed, 175 wounded.[41][42][43]
Pakistan September 22, 2013 – Peshawar church attack, 80–83 killed, 250 wounded.
Nigeria September 29, 2013 – Gujba college massacre. 44 students killed by Boko Haram
China October 28, 2013 – A 4x4 vehicle crashed into a crowd and burst into flames in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, 5 killed, 38 wounded.
Yemen December 5, 2013 – At the 2013 Sana'a attack at least 56 people died and 162 were wounded.
Czech Republic January 1, 2014 – Killed Palestinian ambassador “held explosive in his hands”. 1 dead terrorist.[44][45]
Pakistan January 19, 2014 – 2014 Bannu bombing by Taliban. 26 dead 38 injured.
Nigeria February 14, 2014 – Borno Massacre at least 200 killed by Boko Haram[46]
China March 1, 2014 – A group of 8 individuals attacked civilians at Kunming Railway Station, 28 dead, 143 wounded.
Nigeria April 14, 2014 – The April 2014 Abuja bombing by Boko Haram. 88+ dead 200+ injured.
China April 30, 2014 – Two assailants attacked passengers and detonated explosives at the Ürümqi railway station, 3 dead, 79 wounded.
Nigeria May 20, 2014 – Jos bombings at least 118 killed and over 56 injured[47]
China May 22, 2014 – Two SUVs which carried 5 assailants were driven into a street market in Ürümqi and up to a dozen explosives were thrown at shoppers through the windows of the SUVs. The cars then crashed into shoppers and collided into each other and exploded, 39 dead, 90+ wounded.
Belgium May 24, 2014 – Jewish Museum of Belgium shooting. Gunman opened fire at the Jewish Museum in Brussels killing 4 people.
Syria August 2014 – ISIL fighters massacred some 700 people, mostly men, of the Shu'aytat tribe in Deir ez-Zor Governorate.[48]
Australia September 23, 2014 – 2014 Endeavour Hills stabbings. Numan Haider, an Afghan Australian stabbed two counter terrorism officers in Melbourne, Australia. He was then shot dead.[49]
Russia October 5, 2014 – 2014 Grozny bombing. 5 officers and the suicide bomber, were killed, while 12 others were wounded.[50]
Canada October 20, 2014 – 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack. Lone attacker used his car to run over two Canadian soldiers. 1 killed, 1 injured
Canada October 22, 2014 – 2014 shootings at Parliament Hill, Ottawa. Lone attacker shot a soldier at a war memorial and attacked Parliament. 1 killed, 3 injured.[51]
Israel October 22, 2014 – A Hamas terrorist rammed his vehicle into a group of people waiting at a light rail station in Jerusalem. 2 killed 8 wounded.[52]
United States October 23, 2014 – Zale H. Thomson, also known as Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik, attacked four New York policemen in the subway with a hatchet, severely injuring one in the back of the head and injuring another policeman in the arm before being shot to death by the remaining officers, who also shot a civilian.[53]
Israel November 5, 2014 – In the November 2014 Jerusalem vehicular attack a Hamas operative deliberately drove a van at high speed into a crowd of people. 4 killed 13 wounded.
Israel November 10, 2014 – An Israeli IDF soldier was stabbed to death by a Lone wolf jihadist.[54]
Nigeria November 28, 2014 – Kano bombing. Around 120 people were killed and another 260 injured.[55][56][57][58]
United Arab Emirates December 1, 2014 – A burqa-clad woman stabs a 47-year-old American teacher to death in a mall restroom in Abu Dhabi. She later plants a bomb outside the home of an Egyptian-American doctor, which was safely dismantled.[59]
Russia December 4, 2014 – 2014 Grozny clashes. 26 total dead, including 14 policemen, 11 Jihadist from Caucasus Emirate, 1 civilian[60]
Philippines December 9, 2014 – In the 2014 Bukidnon bus bombing 11 people died and 43 were injured.
Pakistan December 16, 2014 – 2014 Peshawar school attack. Over 140 people dead, including at least 132 children.[61]
Yemen December 16, 2014 – Two suicide car bombers rammed their vehicles into a Shiite rebels' checkpoint killing 26, including 16 students.[62]
Nigeria December 18, 2014 – 2014 Gumsuri kidnappings. Boko Haram insurgents killed 32 men and kidnapped at least 185 women and children.[63]
Syria December 18, 2014 – Mass grave of 230 Tribesmen killed by ISIL found in Eastern Syria.[64]
France December 20, 2014 – 2014 Joué-lès-Tours stabbings. A man yelling Allahu Akbar attacked a police office with a knife. He was killed, 3 police officers were injured[65]
France December 21, 2014 – 2014 Dijon attack. A man yelling Allahu Akbar ran over 11 pedestrians with his vehicle. 11 injured
Nigeria December 22, 2014 – Boko Haram insurgents bombed a bus station in the city of Gombe, killing at least twenty people.[66]
Iraq December 2014 – ISIL militants execute 150 women Iraqi province of Al-Anbar, some of whom were pregnant at the time, who refuse to marry their fighters.[67]
Iraq December 24, 2014 – A suicide bomber killed 33 people and wounded 55 others in Madaen, about 25 km (15 miles) south of Baghdad.[68]
Somalia December 25, 2014 – Al-Shabaab attack in Mogadishu leaves 9 dead.[69]
Cameroon December 28, 2014 – Boko Haram attacks village in Cameroon leaving 30 dead.[70]
Afghanistan January 5, 2015 – A car packed with explosives drove up to the headquarters of EUPOL Afghanistan, a European police-training organization, in Kabul and detonated. Taliban claimed responsibility. 1 killed 16 wounded.[71]
Iraq January 6, 2015 – Two suicide bombers attacked a mosque in the town of Al-Jubba while Iraqi soldiers were resting, killing 10 soldiers plus the two attackers. Clashes following the bombings left 13 security personnel dead and 21 wounded.[72]
France January 7–9, 2015 – A series of 5 attacks in and around Paris kill 17 people, plus 3 attackers, and leave 22 other people injured.
Nigeria January 8, 2015 – 2015 Baga massacre. Boko Haram attacks town of Baga in northern Nigeria killing at least 200 people. Another 2000 are unaccounted for.[73]
Lebanon January 10, 2015 – In the 2015 Jabal Mohsen suicide attacks 9 people died and 30+ were wounded.
Egypt January 29, 2015 – January 2015 Sinai attacks. 44 killed, several wounded.
Pakistan January 30, 2015 – Suicide bomber kills at least 55, injuring at least 59 in a Shiite mosque in southern Pakistan.[74]
Pakistan February 13, 2015 – Heavily armed militants killed at least 19 people and wounded more than 40 after they stormed into a Shiite mosque during Friday Prayer in a suburb of Peshawar.[75]
Denmark February 14–15, 2015 – 2015 Copenhagen attacks. A gunman opened fire at the Krudttoenden café and later at the Great Synagogue in Copenhagen, killing two civilians and injuring five others.[76]
Nigeria March 7, 2015 – Five suicide bomb blasts leave 58 dead and 143 wounded in the 2015 Maiduguri suicide bombing.
Pakistan March 15, 2015 – Suicide bombers kill at least 15 people in attacks on two churches in Lahore.[77]
Tunisia March 18, 2015 – Bardo National Museum attack. Militants linked to ISIL attack the Bardo National Museum with guns, killing 21 people and injuring around 50.[78]
Yemen March 20, 2015 – 2015 Sana'a mosque bombings. 135 killed in bombings on several mosques by ISIL.[79]
Libya March 25, 2015 – ISIL affiliates, The Shura Council of Benghazi Revolutionaries in Libya carried out suicide bombings in the city of Benghazi. Twelve were killed and 25 wounded. Five additional dead during attacks with a local militia.[80]
Somalia March 27, 2015 - Makka al-Mukarama hotel attack. 20+ dead 28 wounded.
Kenya April 2, 2015 – 148 killed in Al-Shabaab's Garissa University College attack.[81]
Saudi Arabia April 8, 2015 – In the city of Riyadh two policemen are shot dead. ISIL is blamed to be behind the attack.[82][83]
Somalia April 14, 2015 – Militants of Al-Shabaab attack a government building in Mogadishu in the 2015 Ministry of Higher Education attack. 17 dead 15 wounded.
Iraq April 17, 2015 – A series of bombings by the ISIL occurred through Baghdad. 40+ killed 59+ injured.[84]
IraqIraqi Kurdistan April 17, 2015 – A car bomb exploded at the entrance of the US consulate in Erbil, Iraq. ISIL took credit for the attack. 3 killed 5 wounded.[85]
Afghanistan April 18, 2015 – A suicide bomb detonated in front of a bank in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. ISIL claims responsibility. 33 killed 100+ injured.[86]
France April 19, 2015 – A 32-year Frenchwoman is murdered by a gunman whose plot to attack a church is foiled shortly after.[87]
Somalia April 20, 2015 – A minivan of UN workers was bombed by Al-Shabaab in the Puntland region of Somalia. 9 dead 4 injured.[88]
Bosnia and Herzegovina April 27, 2015 – At the Zvornik police station terrorist attack in the city of Zvornik, Republika Srpska, in Bosnia and Herzegovina, an armed member of a wahhabist movement opened fire on the police. In the shooting, a police officer was killed, two others were injured, and the attacker was killed by police.[89]
Iraq May 3, 2015 – Two car bombs were detonated ten minutes apart in Baghdad, Iraq. Nineteen were killed and an unknown number wounded. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attacks.[90]
United States May 3, 2015 – Two gunmen attacked the Curtis Culwell Center during a 'Draw Muhammad' cartoon art exhibit in Garland, Texas . 2 dead (perpetrators) 1 injured.[91][92][93][94][95]
Afghanistan May 3, 2015 – Taliban militants overran checkpoints in Warduj, killing 17 policemen.[96]
Afghanistan May 4, 2015 – A government bus was attacked by a suicide bomber in Kabul, killing one person and injuring 15 others.[97]
Iraq May 10, 2015 – Two car bombs were detonated ten minutes apart in Baghdad, Iraq and surrounding towns of Taji and Tarmiyah. ISIS claims responsibility. 14 were killed and wounding 30.[98]
Afghanistan May 10, 2015 – A bus carrying Afghan government employees was attacked in Kabul by a suicide bomber, killing 3 people and injuring 10. Taliban claimed responsibility.[99]
Pakistan May 13, 2015 – A bus carrying Shia Muslims was attacked by six armed gunman who rode up in motorcycles. Several Islamist groups claim responsibility. 45 dead 13 injured.[100]
Afghanistan May 14, 2015 – A hotel that was hosting a cultural event was attacked by Taliban fighters in Kabul leaving 14 dead including an American, an Italian, and 4 Indians.[101]
Afghanistan May 17, 2015 – A Taliban suicide attack near the entrance of Hamid Karzai International Airport targeting a European police training vehicle. 3 dead 18 injured.[102]
Afghanistan May 19, 2015 – A suicide car bombing detonated in the parking lot of a Justice Ministry building in the diplomatic section of Kabul, killing 4 people wounding 42.[103]
Libya May 21, 2015 – A suicide bomber detonated his explosives at a military checkpoint outside of Misrata killing himself and two guards.[104]
Saudi Arabia May 22, 2015 – A suicide bomber attacked a Shia mosque during prayer in the al-Qadeeh village. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack. 21 dead +90 injured.[105]
Afghanistan May 25, 2015 – Taliban militants killed 19 policemen and six soldiers during a siege at a police compound in Nawzad District of Afghanistan.[106]
Kenya May 26, 2015 – Al-Shabaab militants attacked two police patrols which turned into a gun battle north of Garissa, 5 police officers were injured but they were able to kill both of the attackers.[107]
Iraq May 28, 2015 – Two car bombs were set off minutes apart targeting the Cristal Grand Ishtar Hotel and the Babylon. 10 killed and 30 wounded.[108]
Saudi Arabia May 29, 2015 – A suicide bomber attacked a Shia mosque in Dammam detonating the bomb in the parking lot. 4killed, unknown injured.[109]
Iraq June 1, 2015 – Three suicide bombers in humvees attacked an Iraqi police station in the Tharthar region in Northern Anbar Province. 41 dead, 63 wounded.[110]
Iraq June 13, 2015 – Four suicide SUV car bombs went off in an Iraqi police station in the Hajjaj near Tikrit and Baiji. 11 dead, 27 injured.[111]
France June 26, 2015 – Saint-Quentin-Fallavier attack - Beheading in a factory near Lyon, head marked with Arabic writing and Islamist flags. Gas canisters planted provoked a fire. 1 dead, 11 injured. [112]
Kuwait June 26, 2015 – 2015 Kuwait mosque bombing - At least eight people killed in explosion at Shia Imam Sadiq mosque in Kuwait City, medical sources tell Al Jazeera. Claimed by ISIS
Tunisia June 26, 2015 – 2015 Sousse attack - Attack in Tunisia against two tourist hotels, over 28 people died.
Somalia June 26, 2015 - Battle of Leego (2015) Attack on AMISOM base in Somalia with a car bomb, assault rifles and RPGs, causing over 30 military deaths.

Barry Worthington

Jul 2, 2015, 5:55:27 AM7/2/15
So, in which shit hole do you reside?

Dr. Barry Worthington

Tom Benton

Jul 2, 2015, 6:47:10 AM7/2/15
On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 01:22:28 -0700 (PDT), Barry Worthington
Didn't mind? Back that one up.

>> Do you
>> have a source that I missed?
>
>Don't you read the papers?

Yeah, and all read was horror at the act.

Barry Worthington

Jul 2, 2015, 11:02:37 AM7/2/15
"The 2002 International Crisis Group (ICG) no. 136 "Arming Saddam: The Yugoslav Connection" concludes it was "tacit approval" by many world governments that led to the Iraqi regime being armed with weapons of mass destruction, despite sanctions, because of the ongoing Iranian conflict. Among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from American companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips was thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, according to leaked portions of Iraq's "full, final and complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs. The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan Administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Alcolac was named as a defendant in the Aziz v. Iraq case presently pending in the United States District Court (Case No. 1:09-cv-00869-MJG). Both companies have since undergone reorganization. Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum is now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and discount fossil fuel company. Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc.[26]"

Isn't Wikipedia fun?

Dr. Barry Worthington

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 2, 2015, 2:13:03 PM7/2/15
RichA schreef op 2-7-2015 om 10:24:
LOL

The only reason I look under my bed is to try to find something that
might be under it or to vacuum the floor. :-)

--
Wouter Valentijn http://www.j3v.net

"Nothing in Hell can stop the Timberwolves"

Motto of the 104th Infantry Division (United States)

http://zeppodunsel.blogspot.nl/

liam=mail

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 2, 2015, 2:18:41 PM7/2/15
RichA schreef op 2-7-2015 om 10:27:
> On Monday, 29 June 2015 21:41:54 UTC-4, David Johnston wrote:

>>> What about the MUSLIMS?
>>
>> What about them?
>>

>>> Or do you consider them to be street criminals?
>>
>> I don't know. To what Muslim military threat do you refer?

<snips list>

I think he meant a proper regular army and not extremist terrorists that
happened to be Islamic.

Tom Benton

Jul 2, 2015, 3:12:01 PM7/2/15
On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 08:02:34 -0700 (PDT), Barry Worthington
W ho is the ICG and of what significance are they?

Barry Worthington

Jul 2, 2015, 4:51:46 PM7/2/15
"The International Crisis Group gives advice to governments and intergovernmental bodies like the United Nations, European Union and World Bank on the prevention and resolution of deadly conflict. It combines field-based analysis, policy prescription, and advocacy, with key roles being played by senior management and board members. By its own accounts, the International Crisis Group plays a major role in four ways:

Providing early warning in blog posts and social media, in the monthly CrisisWatch bulletin, and through specific "crisis alerts", e.g., in Yemen, Thailand, Somalia and Venezuela;

Contributing behind-the-scenes support and advice to peace negotiations, e.g., in Colombia, Burundi, Northern Uganda, and Sudan;

Producing highly detailed analysis and advice on specific policy issues in conflict or potential conflict situations, helping policymakers in the UN Security Council, regional organisations, donor countries and others with major influence, and in the countries at risk themselves, do better in preventing, managing and resolving conflict, and in rebuilding after it;

Offering new strategic and tactical thinking on intractable conflicts and crises, e.g., on the Iran nuclear issue, the Arab-Israeli conflict, internal conflict in Myanmar and Sino-Japanese tensions."

"Crisis Group raises funds from mainly western governments, charitable foundations, companies and individual donors. In 2011/2012, 49% of its funding came from governments, 20% from philanthropic organisations, and 31% from individuals and private foundations."

Dr. Barry Worthington

Hunter <>

Jul 4, 2015, 3:00:30 AM7/4/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Barry Worthington
<barrywort...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, 29 June 2015 19:45:50 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 6/29/2015 1:58 AM, RichA wrote:
>> > Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on
>> > constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the
>> > Europeans are moving away from power politics." Are these people
>> > serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced
>> > by the West
>>
>> The only military threat being faced by the west is Russia. As usual.
>
>Really? As usual? What borders does the EU share with Russia?
>Dr. Barry Worthington
------
Its not the Economic Union but NATO is what the Russians are worried
about (although most if not all members of the European Union are
members of NATO but not all NATO members are in the EU). The Baltic
states and a few Eastern European nations have joined NATO. Poland is
part of NATO for instance. Russia has gotten that old hemmed in
feeling again. In fact that is one reason Putin went batty in the
Ukraine, to prevent it from becoming mostly pro western and perhaps
joining the EU and/or NATO when before it was in the Russian/Soviet
Union sphere of influence. Russia-that is Vladimir Putin-feels
threatened by that and he wants to reestablish Russia as a first rate
Superpower militarily.

At any rate if Russia wants to threaten Europe with conventional
forces who is going to stop them, Poland?, Belarus?

>What warm water ports does Russia have in the Baltic?
--------
One, Kaliningrad; its ice free year round and is the Headquarters of
the Russian Baltic Fleet as well as a commercial hub.

> What is happening in the Russian Far East?
-----
They feel trapped out there too. North Korea is the only really
friendly country to them although Russian Chinese relations are
improving a lot.

>In which direction is the Russian economy going?
-----
Down due to economic sanctions because of Putin's behavior in the
Crimea and the Ukraine. But that is no guaranteer of peace. After all
Japan attacked the United States in part because of the Economic
Sanctions the US slapped against Japan for its atrocities in China.

At any rate the Russians still has a substantial nuclear arsenal and
Putin have been rebuilding the Russian military for some time now. It
is still significantly even considerably smaller than during the time
of the Soviet Union but it is no longer rusting and new equipment with
advance technology is coming on line.

------>Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

RichA

Jul 4, 2015, 4:22:50 AM7/4/15
On Thursday, 2 July 2015 14:18:41 UTC-4, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
> RichA schreef op 2-7-2015 om 10:27:

> >> What about them?

> >> I don't know. To what Muslim military threat do you refer?
> >

> <snips list>
>
> I think he meant a proper regular army and not extremist terrorists that
> happened to be Islamic.

Their Jihad is organized. Army, them. Not much difference.

RichA

Jul 4, 2015, 4:25:32 AM7/4/15
I blame America. They emasculated Europe (meaning, Germans) after WW2, turning a martial nation into a nation of bankers. That served their purpose, but they became a papoose of the U.S. for the last 70 years. It's easy getting slack when you are living on someone else's dime.

Barry Worthington

Jul 4, 2015, 2:12:51 PM7/4/15
I repeat. Only two Baltic States have any kind of border with Russia. Poland has a short border with Kaliningrad, which is an enclave at some distance from mainland Russia. Putin hates the regime in Kief for two reasons; it destroyed his fantasy of a Eurasian Association headed by Russia, and it demonstrated that a despotic leader can be successfully got rid of by the people.

> At any rate if Russia wants to threaten Europe with conventional
> forces who is going to stop them, Poland?, Belarus?

Geography, I would have thought. Followed by an economy slowly going down the pan. Of course leaders in his situation have been known to do something deranged, but I think the Ukrainian situation demonstrated that he bit off more than he could chew.

> >What warm water ports does Russia have in the Baltic?
> --------
> One, Kaliningrad; its ice free year round and is the Headquarters of
> the Russian Baltic Fleet as well as a commercial hub.

All major naval assets were removed as long ago as the 1990s. The city/region could become a commercial hub, but it is constrained by Russian domestic political factors. That's why I asked the original poster this question. (which he didn't answer.)

> > What is happening in the Russian Far East?
> -----
> They feel trapped out there too. North Korea is the only really
> friendly country to them although Russian Chinese relations are
> improving a lot.

That is something of a joke, since the Chinese are slowly taking over eastern Siberia, and invest more capital in it than Russians do.

> >In which direction is the Russian economy going?
> -----
> Down due to economic sanctions because of Putin's behavior in the
> Crimea and the Ukraine.

That is only the catalyst. The entire Russian economy has been skewed for a long time. The greatest source of income/foreign exchange is the export of oil and natural gas. But this finances the import of consumer goods. Vast profits are sent abroad by the oligarchs, and little, if anything, is invested in manufacturing. The exception is the military industrial complex, which is underpinned by the state and exports military technology, mainly to the Third World.

>But that is no guaranteer of peace. After all
> Japan attacked the United States in part because of the Economic
> Sanctions the US slapped against Japan for its atrocities in China.

And its occupation of French Indo China.

> At any rate the Russians still has a substantial nuclear arsenal and
> Putin have been rebuilding the Russian military for some time now. It
> is still significantly even considerably smaller than during the time
> of the Soviet Union but it is no longer rusting and new equipment with
> advance technology is coming on line.

But its organisation and leadership are still very suspect. I have seen the Russian army at close quarters, and it isn't a pretty sight. If you talk to people in the know, there is still widespread corruption, institutionalised bullying, and a continuing lack of people evading the draft. The military performed badly in Chechnya, Georgia, and elsewhere.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 4, 2015, 2:20:05 PM7/4/15
RichA schreef op 4-7-2015 om 10:22:
I don't know about that one.
They're more like the left wing extremist of the 70's that were active
in several countries I think. Partially inspired by the same sources,
but not as one big massive force that is centrally coordinated. The
majority of those groups hate each other almost as much as they hate the
West. If not more.
IS thinks Al-Qaeda is not Islamic enough and they both, being Sunni,
have issues of major proportions with the Shi'ite.
There is no such thing as THE Islam or THE Muslims. Reality is far more
complex.

Tom Benton

Jul 4, 2015, 5:34:16 PM7/4/15
On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 11:12:48 -0700 (PDT), Barry Worthington
Just wondering, when did you see the Russian army in close quarters?
Much of what you write is consistent with what I heard when I was in
the Navy.

Barry Worthington

Jul 5, 2015, 2:53:09 AM7/5/15
I have travelled, lived, and researched in the former Soviet Union, attended off the record briefings by the Estonian foreign ministry, and know people who served in the Russian army.

Dr. Barry Worthington

Ashton Crusher

Jul 11, 2015, 10:42:58 PM7/11/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:45:48 -0600, David Johnston <Da...@block.net>
wrote:

>On 6/29/2015 1:58 AM, RichA wrote:
>> Some talk show was on. The host asked, "how does Europe plan on
>> constraining the U.S." from projecting their power? "We'll the
>> Europeans are moving away from power politics." Are these people
>> serious? In this day and age, with the military threats being faced
>> by the West
>
>The only military threat being faced by the west is Russia. As usual.

They are not a threat. They just want to be left alone.i,e, left
alone to compete economically like any other nation. Unlike the US,
Russia learned something from the last cold war and from their
Afghanistan quagmire.

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 13, 2015, 1:57:43 PM7/13/15
Ashton Crusher schreef op 12-7-2015 om 04:42:
And that messing around in Georgia and Ukraine etc...?
I think Putin and his ilk are jonesing for the old USSR glory days.

Tom Benton

Jul 13, 2015, 3:35:26 PM7/13/15
On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 19:42:50 -0700, Ashton Crusher <jo...@here.net>
wrote:
Maybe if they left the Ukraine, Georgia, Chechnya etc. alone maybe
others would less inclined to impose sanctions.
______________________________

Tom Benton

"It didn't happen on my watch."

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 13, 2015, 5:29:10 PM7/13/15
Chechnya is in Russia, so the violence/war going on and off back to
Gobrachev isn't a Westphalian violation. Ukraine and Georgia? Russia
happily agreed to those international boundaries.

Ashton Crusher

Jul 13, 2015, 7:10:30 PM7/13/15
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 19:57:38 +0200, Wouter Valentijn
<li...@valentijn.nu> wrote:

>Ashton Crusher schreef op 12-7-2015 om 04:42:
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:45:48 -0600, David Johnston <Da...@block.net>
>> wrote:

>>> The only military threat being faced by the west is Russia. As usual.
>>
>> They are not a threat. They just want to be left alone.i,e, left
>> alone to compete economically like any other nation. Unlike the US,
>> Russia learned something from the last cold war and from their
>> Afghanistan quagmire.
>>

>And that messing around in Georgia and Ukraine etc...?
>I think Putin and his ilk are jonesing for the old USSR glory days.

The country that was Messing around the Ukraine was the US for the
past 5 years and 5 Billion spent on destabilizing their ELECDTED gvt.
Russia has done nothing the US wouldn't have done if the same thing
were happening in Puerto Rico.

Ashton Crusher

Jul 13, 2015, 7:11:33 PM7/13/15
The US is the one mucking around in OTHER countries, not Russia.

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 14, 2015, 1:42:46 PM7/14/15
Ashton Crusher schreef op 14-7-2015 om 01:10:
And that makes it okay?
I will never trust Putin.

Wouter Valentijn

Jul 14, 2015, 1:45:43 PM7/14/15
Adam H. Kerman schreef op 13-7-2015 om 23:29:
And the Crimea?

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 14, 2015, 4:36:26 PM7/14/15
Wouter Valentijn <li...@valentijn.nu> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman schreef op 13-7-2015 om 23:29:
>>Tom Benton <oo...@hooka.gov> wrote:

>>>Maybe if they left the Ukraine, Georgia, Chechnya etc. alone maybe
>>>others would less inclined to impose sanctions.

>>Chechnya is in Russia, so the violence/war going on and off back to
>>Gobrachev isn't a Westphalian violation. Ukraine and Georgia? Russia
>>happily agreed to those international boundaries.

>And the Crimea?

Stalin encouraged/forced the internal migration of Russian ethnics
throughout the USSR, hoping to prevent Russia from losing its influence
over territory conquered going all the way back to Catherine the Great.
Yeah, there was a majority Russian population there; the Turkic peoples
were in the minority. Also, there was a significant expulsion of Turkic
peoples during WWII; Stalin blamed the Tatars for collaboration with
the Nazis during German occupation. Stalin then attached Crimea to
Russia. After WWII, Crimea was somewhat depopulated. To reverse this in
part, Khrushchev de-annexed Crimea from Russia in 1954 and re-annexed it
to Ukraine, assuming Ukrainian ethnics might migrate there.

Months prior to the dissolution of the Soviet Union, they allowed Crimea
to hold a referendum to re-establish the autonomy it once had. It passed
overwhelmingly and they became an automonous region within Ukraine. When
the final dissolution came, this gave them the right to choose Ukraine or
Russia or independence, but they didn't take further action and remained
part of Ukraine.

The Soviet Union didn't collapse along ethnic lines. Russia agreed to
the observe the established internal boundaries of socialist republics as
international boundaries; supposedly the USSR was dissolved along
constitutional provisions.

Ashton Crusher

Jul 14, 2015, 11:18:35 PM7/14/15
On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:42:41 +0200, Wouter Valentijn
It makes it inevitable. Russia cannot simply ignore US warmongering
on its border anymore then the US could ignore the same thing
happening in Puerto Rico. Is that too hard a concept for you to
grasp? Russia did absolutely nothing different then ANY country would
do when it is directly threatened by a foreign power trying to
encroach on it's territory. I suppose you can pretend the US was just
some innocent bystander having nothing to do with the events in the
Ukraine but you'd be willfully ignorant if you did. If you choose to
remain ignorant, that's on you.

Ashton Crusher

Jul 14, 2015, 11:21:31 PM7/14/15
And to bring the history up to date, more recently Crimea held
internationally supervised elections where they voted to rejoin Russia
by a wide margin. Even the US media roamed freely throughout Crimea
and documented that there were no Russians forcing anyone to vote any
particular way and that there was no Russian 'occupation of the
Crimea.

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 14, 2015, 11:27:07 PM7/14/15
Ashton Crusher <jo...@here.net> wrote:

>And to bring the history up to date, more recently Crimea held
>internationally supervised elections where they voted to rejoin Russia
>by a wide margin. Even the US media roamed freely throughout Crimea
>and documented that there were no Russians forcing anyone to vote any
>particular way and that there was no Russian 'occupation of the
>Crimea.

Believe whatever you like, but you're not fooling anyone.

FPP

Jul 15, 2015, 12:35:14 AM7/15/15
On 2015-07-15 03:21:27 +0000, Ashton Crusher <jo...@here.net> said:

> And to bring the history up to date, more recently Crimea held
> internationally supervised elections where they voted to rejoin Russia
> by a wide margin. Even the US media roamed freely throughout Crimea
> and documented that there were no Russians forcing anyone to vote any
> particular way and that there was no Russian 'occupation of the
> Crimea.

So, basically, with THAT lie, you're saying that you're COMPLETELY full
of shit.

Thanks... I can joyfully ignore you now, knowing that I'll NEVER miss
anything important.

You are a fucking ZERO... and will be treated as such.

So long...
--
"Don't Believe Everything You Read on the Internet" -Albert Einstein

Ashton Crusher

Jul 15, 2015, 1:34:50 PM7/15/15
If someone is being fooled it is you. You sound like a typical
American, you get your info spoon fed to you be the Main Stream Media
which mostly reproduces gvt PR handouts. But in this case, even the
American Media couldn't hide what was going on in the Crimea while it
was happening. They wandered all over Crimea looking for all the
alleged Russian "invaders" and could not find any. They interviewed
Ukrainians coming off the ships in the harbors and asked them how they
felt. They felt like voting to rejoin Russia is how they felt! This
was a rare case of the truth being so in-your-face that not even the
usually compliant American media could spin it to match the lies put
out by the State Department. Same for the actual elections.
Inspectors from 22 countries came in and supervised the elections and
found nothing at all amiss. The vote was overwhelming to rejoin
Russia. No spin needed on the truth. Meanwhile the US is now
supporting Nazi's in the Ukraine.....

Ashton Crusher

Jul 15, 2015, 1:35:35 PM7/15/15
You seem to be happy in your ignorance. Such bliss.

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 15, 2015, 3:16:56 PM7/15/15
Ashton Crusher <jo...@here.net> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>Ashton Crusher <jo...@here.net> wrote:

>>>And to bring the history up to date, more recently Crimea held
>>>internationally supervised elections where they voted to rejoin Russia
>>>by a wide margin. Even the US media roamed freely throughout Crimea
>>>and documented that there were no Russians forcing anyone to vote any
>>>particular way and that there was no Russian 'occupation of the
>>>Crimea.

>>Believe whatever you like, but you're not fooling anyone.

>If someone is being fooled it is you.

As a proud apologist for Vladimir Putin, why are you too ashamed to post
to Usenet with your real name instead of socking up?

>You sound like a typical American, you get your info spoon fed to you
>be the Main Stream Media which mostly reproduces gvt PR handouts.

Here's a nice article from the mainstream British media from a guy
on the ground. Is he lying?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26644082

>But in this case, even the American Media couldn't hide what was going
>on in the Crimea while it was happening. They wandered all over Crimea
>looking for all the alleged Russian "invaders" and could not find any.

They weren't allowed in during the coup; armed men were preventing it.
Also, the soldiers were all wearing false uniforms. Yeah, that was just
Crimeans spontaneously overthrowing Ukraine.

Putin later admitted there were Russian troops in Ukraine in advance of
the referendum.

Why didn't Putin respect the international boundary Russia had just
agreed to 20 years before? It's not like Ukraine could hold a gun
to their head.

>They interviewed Ukrainians coming off the ships in the harbors and
>asked them how they felt. They felt like voting to rejoin Russia is
>how they felt!

Why wasn't the free and fair referendum held before the coup took place?

>This was a rare case of the truth being so in-your-face that not even the
>usually compliant American media could spin it to match the lies put out
>by the State Department. Same for the actual elections. Inspectors from
>22 countries came in and supervised the elections and found nothing at
>all amiss. The vote was overwhelming to rejoin Russia. No spin needed on
>the truth. Meanwhile the US is now supporting Nazi's in the Ukraine.....

Yeah, no spin at all in your remarsk...

Ashton Crusher

Jul 15, 2015, 11:02:52 PM7/15/15
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:16:53 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
You can tell from how you worded your comment that you get your info
from the spin doctors. Putin didn't "admit" anything. He pointed out
that there were ALWAYS Russian troops there because that's the deal
Russia had with Crimea. A deal that went back years. So yeah, you
can get all breathless over the "Russian troops" if you're knowledge
is limited to what you are told by the idiots in the ms media and the
spin doctors at the state department. You know, the people like
Nuland who were on the phone plotting who was going to be put in power
before the elections were held after the US coup.

>Why didn't Putin respect the international boundary Russia had just
>agreed to 20 years before? It's not like Ukraine could hold a gun
>to their head.

Why are you against people who want to get out of the Ukraine, the
people in Crimea, doing so? You are the one who wants to hold a gun
to people's heads and force them to be part of a country they don't
want to be part of.

>>They interviewed Ukrainians coming off the ships in the harbors and
>>asked them how they felt. They felt like voting to rejoin Russia is
>>how they felt!
>
>Why wasn't the free and fair referendum held before the coup took place?

Because before the coup there was an elected gvt in place. After the
coup it was clear that the US was going to fuck the country like they
fuck up every country they go into. 10 years ago there was a fair
amount of peace in the middle east and several long term
quasi-democracies. Now that the US has "helped them" the middle east
is a hellhole. If the neocons got their way we'd be bombing even more
countries and killing even more civilians. It must gall you that
Crimea and Russia worked out a peaceful transition to what the people
of Crimea wanted.

>>This was a rare case of the truth being so in-your-face that not even the
>>usually compliant American media could spin it to match the lies put out
>>by the State Department. Same for the actual elections. Inspectors from
>>22 countries came in and supervised the elections and found nothing at
>>all amiss. The vote was overwhelming to rejoin Russia. No spin needed on
>>the truth. Meanwhile the US is now supporting Nazi's in the Ukraine.....
>
>Yeah, no spin at all in your remarsk...

That's correct. I don't expect you to see it though. Perhaps someday
you'll open your eyes.

Ashton Crusher

Jul 15, 2015, 11:11:43 PM7/15/15
PS - from your link..

"The takeover of Crimea has been completely different. This was an
infiltration, not an invasion. And unlike in Hungary, Czechoslovakia
and Afghanistan it was welcomed by a large proportion of the local
population.
According to a well-known opponent of Mr Putin's, the vote in Crimea
to join the Russian Federation was "a referendum under the
Kalashnikov". But it wasn't. The outcome was what the vast majority of
Russian-speakers in Crimea really wanted, and there was little need
for Kalashnikovs in the streets."

As you'll note, when you separate out the superfluous editorializing
by the author of the article the facts are exactly as I told you. The
people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to rejoin Russia. And that's
what happened.. these people were able to vote and get what they
wanted, to rejoin Russia.

And for some reason you have a problem with them VOTING for and
GETTING what they wanted under internationally supervised elections!!!

Why do you hate it that the people of Crimea GOT what they WANTED in
an open and verified election process and did it without having to
kill millions of people in the process?

You really need to think about your position here, Your OWN article
that you quote to me supports everything I said.

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:16:53 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 15, 2015, 11:28:45 PM7/15/15
Ashton Crusher <jo...@here.net> wrote:

>PS - from your link..

>"The takeover of Crimea has been completely different. This was an
>infiltration, not an invasion. And unlike in Hungary, Czechoslovakia
>and Afghanistan it was welcomed by a large proportion of the local
>population.
>According to a well-known opponent of Mr Putin's, the vote in Crimea
>to join the Russian Federation was "a referendum under the
>Kalashnikov". But it wasn't. The outcome was what the vast majority of
>Russian-speakers in Crimea really wanted, and there was little need
>for Kalashnikovs in the streets."

>As you'll note, when you separate out the superfluous editorializing
>by the author of the article the facts are exactly as I told you. The
>people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to rejoin Russia. And that's
>what happened.. these people were able to vote and get what they
>wanted, to rejoin Russia.

>And for some reason you have a problem with them VOTING for and
>GETTING what they wanted under internationally supervised elections!!!

Internationally supervised? What the fuck are you talking about?

>Why do you hate it that the people of Crimea GOT what they WANTED in
>an open and verified election process and did it without having to
>kill millions of people in the process?

The Russians can be sneaky bastards when they want to be and are quite good
at getting what they want through the use of intermediaries and proxies.
If you were an honest person and not a sockpuppet, you'd acknowledge that
Russia has gone to war multiple times over several CENTURIES to keep and
hold Crimea. That was, of course, upper most in everyone's mind during
that, ahem, free and fair referendum vote. Putin thinks he's Catherine
the Great and intends to re-establish her empire.

The people of Crimea got exiled during WWII because Stalin wanted to
blame the local population for German occupation. When the Tartars and
other Turkic peoples are allowed to return to Crimea, we can discuss
how they feel about Russian domination.

The people living there now made a decision 20 years ago to go with
Ukraine and not Russia. Russia agreed.

>You really need to think about your position here, Your OWN article
>that you quote to me supports everything I said.

Just as soon as you post your defense of Putin to Usenet under your
own true name, without a sockpuppet, I'll take you seriously.

Ashton Crusher

Jul 17, 2015, 11:31:55 PM7/17/15
So since you can't argue CURRENT events you are going to go back
centuries to try and pretend you aren't completely off base. Yeah,
bad things happened in all sorts of places around the world a century
ago.

I'll ask again...

And for some reason you have a problem with them VOTING for and
GETTING what they wanted under internationally supervised elections!!!

Why do you hate it that the people of Crimea GOT what they WANTED in
an open and verified election process and did it without having to
kill millions of people in the process?

More info from
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/16/ukraine-crisis-crimea-referendum

State news agency Interfax quoted an international observer, Enrique
Ravello, as saying he had seen an "unprecedented turnout". "There's no
coercion, pressure on people. The referendum is being held peacefully,
freely and openly," said the Spanish nationalist MP.

According to polling by German research group GfK, 70% of Crimeans who
want to participate in the referendum plan to vote to join Russia,
while 11% plan to vote to remain part of Ukraine.