Y&R: Wedding dress don't!

Denise Skrypkar

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.

I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.

--
nom...@cyberus.ca or den...@freenet.carleton.ca

Andrea Skewes

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Denise Skrypkar (cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

> I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
> hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.

---probably because the rest of us have been too busy passing around the
barf bucket...

> I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
> better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.

---i think she looked awful...the dress was horrid...the hair looked
stupid...she could have done without the veil...and one extra
question...was she wearing makeup?...it looked like au naturel to me...

just my $0.02
andrea

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
`Contrariwise,'
continued Tweedledee,
`if it was so, it might be;
and if it were so, it would be:
but as it isn't, it ain't.
That's logic.'
ask...@chat.carleton.ca
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

paul kuchta

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denise Skrypkar) wrote:

>I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
>hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.
>
>I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
>better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.

What was even worse was the way she wore her hair. She had on
that long veil, which means she should of worn her hair up.
But no, she went with her usual long, stringy, parted-down-the-middle
look.

Christy

Linda Shipley

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Well, I found it tolerable. After Nikki's wedding dress fiasco, just
about anything looks good to me. It could have been worse. I was glad
they didn't use pristine white. In way, I thought it kind of pretty, but
a simple blue suit would have worked just as well, and a less formal
ceremony would have been more appropriate. Thinking about it now, it was
reminiscent of a high school senior prom formal, but I thought it okay.

Helen Nooner

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

I thought it made her look heavy--which she isn't. She would have looked
better in a straigher dress-not that tight around the waist and poof-out
look. Why was it blue--cus she has been married before?

Dave & Sandi Kane

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <4ubji5$4...@freenet-news.carleton.ca> cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denise Skrypkar) writes:
>From: cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denise Skrypkar)
>Subject: Y&R: Wedding dress don't!
>Date: 8 Aug 1996 02:31:33 GMT

>I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
>hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.

>I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
>better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.

>--
>nom...@cyberus.ca or den...@freenet.carleton.ca

Actually, I had posted my disappointment in the 'big' wedding show
and especially in the 'dress'. It was, as you say, a tinker-bell dress...(g)
I thought she would have chosen a long, slim satin type dress that she
would have looked exquisite in.....

S. Kane

wil...@ekx.infi.net

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Linda Shipley wrote:
> In way, I thought it kind of pretty, but
> a simple blue suit would have worked just as well, and a less formal
> ceremony would have been more appropriate.

Did you notice that ALL the men had on tuxedos? I thought that was a
little much for a small wedding in a "country wedding chapel".

jmb

Chris Henderson

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <4ubji5$4...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denise Skrypkar) writes:

> I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
> hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.
>
> I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
> better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.
>

> --
> nom...@cyberus.ca or den...@freenet.carleton.ca

I didn't really mind the dress too much. At least it wasn't
the red atrocity and it wasn't beige like Nikki's either.
And best of all, it wasn't white (cuz we all know Bug is far
from virginal). I actually thought her dress was a little
casual, considering that the men were all wearing tuxes.
I guess all in all, it could've been worse.

Christine Henderson

Maxbeagle

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

I can't comment on the dress, since I didn't see it. But one of the
prettiest wedding dresses I've ever seen was worn by a friend of mine.
It was a pale pastel pink satin. The woman has very high color in her
cheeks added to a fairly pale complexion. She was GORGEOUS.

Not that I'm a bug fan--but I guess I'd have to see the blue. What
type of blue was it? I was listening to the audio version on my radio
and only could imagine.

Roberta Seed

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Linda Shipley (ps...@mizzou1.missouri.edu) writes:
> Well, I found it tolerable. After Nikki's wedding dress fiasco, just
> about anything looks good to me. It could have been worse. I was glad

> they didn't use pristine white. In way, I thought it kind of pretty, but

> a simple blue suit would have worked just as well, and a less formal

> ceremony would have been more appropriate. Thinking about it now, it was
> reminiscent of a high school senior prom formal, but I thought it okay.

I have to agree, for once I am not rendered unconscious by a fashion
decision at the Y&R. Its all a matter of relativity, as the previous
poster suggests. After that red ripper she had on, and Nicki's Star trek
outfit, Ladybug didn't look so bad. True, it was a bit Fairy-taleish
looking, but it was kind of sweet in its own way. I've seen much worse,
and expect to in the future.

Janet D. Tunney

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

In <DvtvJ...@watserv3.uwaterloo.ca> chen...@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca

(Chris Henderson) writes:

>In article <4ubji5$4...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>,
cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denise Skrypkar) writes:

>> I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was
truly
>> hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.
>>
>> I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
>> better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell
eyeshadow.

>> --
>> nom...@cyberus.ca or den...@freenet.carleton.ca
>
>I didn't really mind the dress too much. At least it wasn't
>the red atrocity and it wasn't beige like Nikki's either.
>And best of all, it wasn't white (cuz we all know Bug is far
>from virginal). I actually thought her dress was a little
>casual, considering that the men were all wearing tuxes.
>I guess all in all, it could've been worse.
>
>Christine Henderson
>

> I thought the dress wasn't a dress that I would have chosen, but
Chris' fashion tastes aren't the best so this suited her perfectly.
Maybe since the dress was such an atrocity and everyone expected it to
be, that's why no one posted anything on it.

Hanna

BrewBetter

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Speaking of the eye shadow, did any one else notice that her lipstick was
crooked. The left side of her top lip was way off. Drove me crazy durring
those close up shots,

MJ

Warren Sande

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

cu...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Denise Skrypkar) wrote:
>I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
>hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.

>I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
>better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.

Did anyone else think she looked like she belonged in the bathroom -
hiding the spare roll of paper?!

Just wondering.

======================================
Warren Sande
EcoTech Research
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
eco...@unibase.unibase.com
======================================

BrewBetter

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Linda Shipley

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Yes I did. Seems like a wedding like that would have been better suited
to a country club setting, or even a large church. Isn't that closer
to how rich or upper middle class people do it? If you're going to
have tuxedos and formal gowns, why not go all out?

But I suppose the limitations of a studio sound stage dictates much of
what they can and can't do.

Lesyle Gant

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Denise Skrypkar wrote:

> I can't believe I haven't seen posts about the bugs dress. That was truly
> hideous--it looked like she was ready for the prom.
>
> I dunno-a blue wedding dress. I think I actually liked the red one
> better-at least it didn't look like it would match the tinkerbell eyeshadow.
>
> --
> nom...@cyberus.ca or den...@freenet.carleton.ca

I have a question... Is it the color or style of the dress that most
people didn't like? Lauralee Bell looks good in powder blue - guess she
has blue/red undertones in her skin. As for the style, I guess it would
have been better if the dress was a sheath instead of a full-skirted
(antebellum) gown. I thought the bodice was okay.

As for the veil... I do think the show's hairstylist could have styled
Ms. Bell's hair in a way that accentuated the veil (since the wardrobe
director HAD to use the veil).

Just adding my $0.02....