Y & R: Malcolm & Olivia

Mike & Gerry

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97
to MissVamp

MissVamp wrote:

> Hi everyone. I don't post often but I had to know this. I only watch Y &
> R sometimes so I missed Malcolm and Olivia's wedding unfortunately. Here
> are my questions:
> 1.Did they show the wedding?
Yes the wedding was shown. Olivia was very late went to the hospital
for a patient & got dressed in 2 minutes.
> 2.What did her dress look like?
Like none of the dresses she tried on. It was a magenta(closer to a
pink than purple) color with straps(not spaghetti. The straps kinda
ruffled in the back. She had roses & baby's breath in her hair to match
the dress. Her hair was up.
> 3.Who was there? I assume Dru was so what was she wearing?
Every unhappy person in GC was there. John A., Ashley & Jack, Nina &
Ryan, Katherine, Keith & Jill, Cole & Vikki & also extras. Neil was
best man & Dru was maitron of honor(in a really tacky dress-think of
Saturday night fever(John Travolta's dance partner in a brick/blood red
color) Neil had a classic tux & so did little Nate. Lilly wore a floral
dress. Malcolm wore more of a suit type tux.
> 4.Any mention of Neil and Malcolm's parents?
No family in attendance-not even Mamie. No mention either.
> 5.Were Dru and Olivia's parents there?
same as above.
> 6.Where was the wedding held?
Some samll chapel. very nicely decorated & reception at the private
dining room at the Collonade. No cake cutting or bouquet toss. They
just dashed out. Neil also kissed Olivia on the lips saying it was some
tradition that the best man kiss the bride after the toast. She was
happy. It was written all over her face.
> 7.What were the vows like?
> Very beautiful. Went on "you are my friend & my beloved(be-love-id)"for the end part before rings exchanged. But no chemistry between Malcolm & Olivia.

Hope this helps. If anyone else in the group remembers more please add.

MissVamp

ascentia

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

whoa, was my color adjustment off that day? i
remember dru's dress was mauve colored, but olivia
wore ivory, or some off shade of white with a big
bustle like ribbon train in the back. i thought
the dress looked unflattering in the front, as it
was scooped low, but the back looked great, as it
was completely cut out like a swim suit, and the
ruffled straps looked nice too. the bustle train
thing was distracting and unnecessary, but i guess
it would have looked even worse on someone with
hips!!
it also struck me odd that, after showing dru the
bustier she was taking on the honeymoon, that she
wore a white, full length gown, pegnoir-like the
first night.

GMH

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

Mike & Gerry wrote:

> MissVamp wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone. I don't post often but I had to know this. I only watch Y & R sometimes so I missed Malcolm and Olivia's wedding unfortunately.

Oh but lets not forget that Olivia wore her tacky black rubber watch
when she walked down the aisle. The costume people must have forgot. It
was a crack-up!

MKHAUGEN

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

the actual gown she wore in the wedding was white or off-white, I can't
remember which. The original poster just got confused with the pink dress
she had on in her dream when she imagined getting married to Neil.