Bonnie Hammer Proves Her Stupidity...

Jason Bacon

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled. Anyway,
here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
stupidity.)

(BTW, I'm not judging LEXX...yet)

SCI FI Adds LEXX To Its Lineup

The SCI FI Channel has picked up the rights to the offbeat SF series LEXX
and plans to add the show to its prime-time lineup in January 2000. LEXX is
based on the unusual German movie series of the same name, which aired in
the United States with the title Tales from a Parallel Universe.

Both the movies and the hour-long TV show follow the adventures of four
futuristic misfits who steal the most powerful weapon ever created, a giant
insect named Lexx who doubles as a space ship. The TV series stars Brian
Downey as Stanley Tweedle, the bumbling, self-serving captain of Lexx; Xenia
Seeberg as Xev, a former love slave; Michael McManus as the 2,000-year-old
assassin Kai (who also happens to be dead); and Jeffrey Hirschfield as the
lovestruck robot head 790.

SCI FI has acquired the rights to the first 20 episode of the series with
the option to pick up additional seasons. "LEXX is a unique and
unconventional series that adds to our roster of original, cutting-edge
fare," said Bonnie Hammer, the senior vice president for SCI FI Channel
Programming and USA Original Productions.

LEXX is a co-production of Salter Street Films and Germany's TiMe Film und
TV Produktion. It's produced in association with CHUM Television and is
executive produced by Paul Donovan from Salter and Wolfram Tichy of TiMe.

What do you think ?

Jason
MST#16103
bac...@bellsouth.net

Lori Holuta

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99

Jason Bacon <bac...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled. Anyway,
> here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
> stupidity.)

(snip description of some godawful sounding premise)

*gritting teeth*

But. they. couldn't. pick. up. Crusade.

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to punch the screen. NOW.
--
Lori - MSTie #34964
Official Unofficial Prop Diva of RATMM & Comptroller of G.E.E.K.S.

David J. Ramirez

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
Lori Holuta wrote:

> Jason Bacon <bac...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled. Anyway,
> > here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
> > stupidity.)
>
> (snip description of some godawful sounding premise)
>
> *gritting teeth*
>
> But. they. couldn't. pick. up. Crusade.
>
> I'm sorry, but I HAVE to punch the screen. NOW.

It sounds an awful lot like Farscape, only as envisioned by
the network bastards that killed Crusade. So that makes,
what three series they've picked up for next year? And
STILL not Crusade?

Somebody has to pay for this.

--
David J. Ramirez
Pale Rider at Large

-Dante Alighieri,'La Vita Nuova.'

Kevin Mowery

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99

David J. Ramirez wrote in message <37F3D3F5...@uswest.net>...

>Lori Holuta wrote:
>>
>> Jason Bacon <bac...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> > Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled.
Anyway,
>> > here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
>> > stupidity.)
>>
>> (snip description of some godawful sounding premise)
>>
>> *gritting teeth*
>>
>> But. they. couldn't. pick. up. Crusade.
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I HAVE to punch the screen. NOW.
>
> It sounds an awful lot like Farscape, only as envisioned by
>the network bastards that killed Crusade. So that makes,
>what three series they've picked up for next year? And
>STILL not Crusade?
>
> Somebody has to pay for this.

Well, what they are picking up sounds a lot like "Tales from an
Alternate Universe" which aired on HBO or Showtime or something recently.
All the characters match up. "Tales" was interesting, but I don't know if
it'll be the same as what I saw.
Of course, it's still not Crusade.

--
Kevin Mowery__________________...@io.com
"I love Janeane Garalphalopagus so much! She is SO pretty! I liked it when

David J. Ramirez

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
Kevin Mowery wrote:

> Well, what they are picking up sounds a lot like "Tales from an
> Alternate Universe" which aired on HBO or Showtime or something recently.
> All the characters match up. "Tales" was interesting, but I don't know if
> it'll be the same as what I saw.
> Of course, it's still not Crusade.

It is Tales from an Alternate Universe, as the original
post mentioned. Not that it makes much diff, it's not
Crusade and has no discernable premise. What's the point of
this show?
Just came to a conclusion that the series Sci-Fi has picked
up were all a _lot_ cheaper than Crusade. How long have
Brimstone and Prey been off the air, since mid-to-late '98?
So, there's still hope for Crusade to be picked up sometime
in 2000, early 2001 even when there's more money for them to
throw around. Remember, there was a time gap between B5:
The Gathering airing and B5 the series.
There's always hope, mostly because no one's figured out
yet how to kill it.

Joe B

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99

> Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled. Anyway,
> here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
> stupidity.)
>
> (BTW, I'm not judging LEXX...yet)
>

> SCI FI Adds LEXX To Its Lineup

<snip description>

> What do you think ?

Hmmm...It actually sounds interesting. I'll let you know when I see it.

--
---
Joe B - #41642

JimL2

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:24:09 -0000, "Jason Bacon"
<bac...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled. Anyway,
>here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
>stupidity.)
>
>(BTW, I'm not judging LEXX...yet)
>

>SCI FI Adds LEXX To Its Lineup
>

>The SCI FI Channel has picked up the rights to the offbeat SF series LEXX
>and plans to add the show to its prime-time lineup in January 2000. LEXX is
>based on the unusual German movie series of the same name, which aired in
>the United States with the title Tales from a Parallel Universe.
>
>Both the movies and the hour-long TV show follow the adventures of four
>futuristic misfits who steal the most powerful weapon ever created, a giant
>insect named Lexx who doubles as a space ship.

And, uh, just what part of the insect do they live in, exactly?

> The TV series stars Brian
>Downey as Stanley Tweedle, the bumbling, self-serving captain of Lexx; Xenia
>Seeberg as Xev, a former love slave; Michael McManus as the 2,000-year-old
>assassin Kai (who also happens to be dead); and Jeffrey Hirschfield as the
>lovestruck robot head 790.
>
>SCI FI has acquired the rights to the first 20 episode of the series with
>the option to pick up additional seasons. "LEXX is a unique and
>unconventional series that adds to our roster of original, cutting-edge
>fare," said Bonnie Hammer, the senior vice president for SCI FI Channel
>Programming and USA Original Productions.
>
>LEXX is a co-production of Salter Street Films and Germany's TiMe Film und
>TV Produktion. It's produced in association with CHUM Television and is
>executive produced by Paul Donovan from Salter and Wolfram Tichy of TiMe.
>

>What do you think ?

And this isn't a joke?
Because I'd swear that this was the premise for season 6-7 (?) of Red
Dwarf.

Jim "But then that's just me, I mean, what do I know compared to
Bonnie Hammer?" Lauwers

Well, I know what I like, for one thing...

I could pull a better concept for a series outta' my ass...

M-D November

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
In article <lGPI3.579$Pt....@news4.mia> , "Jason Bacon"
<bac...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> SCI FI has acquired the rights to the first 20 episode of the series with
> the option to pick up additional seasons. "LEXX is a unique and
> unconventional series that adds to our roster of original, cutting-edge
> fare," said Bonnie Hammer, the senior vice president for SCI FI Channel
> Programming and USA Original Productions.

So, obviously Bonnie - like the rest of us - hasn't bothered to watch
"Farscape"

--
"ROSEBUD...YES! Rosebud Frozen Peas. Full of country goodness and green
peaness...wait...I'm not saying that...I quit! ...a few for the road..."

BERTMARCH

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
>And, uh, just what part of the insect do they live in, exactly?

Well, the insect has chambers and corridors throughout. It's a neat spaceship
though, especially the perfectly calm and solicitous sounding voice they have
for the ship.
"My captain is Stanley Tweedle. I blow up planets for him."

>And this isn't a joke?
>Because I'd swear that this was the premise for season 6-7 (?) of Red
>Dwarf.

Well, yes. It's exactly like Red Dwarf, down to the Time Prophet and His Divine
Shadow, the evil ruler of the Federation of 20,000 worlds. The spaceship which
needs to eat eat eat every now and then.
Oh, and Kai, the dead assassin, kept alive with 'proto-blood'. Dresses in
black, has a scropian-pincer launcher thing attached to his wrist that he uses
to slice and decapitiate.

Just like Red Dwarf.
--
Q: How many struggling independent filmmakers does it take to make a Sundance
Film Festival selection?

BERTMARCH

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
>(snip description of some godawful sounding premise)
>
>*gritting teeth*

Well, hey, don't let the fact that you've never seen the show get in the way of
your need to bash Sci-Fi. I mean, hey why don't we all take another whack at
Farscape as that 'dumb show with the muppets.'

BERTMARCH

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
> Well, what they are picking up sounds a lot like "Tales from an
>Alternate Universe" which aired on HBO or Showtime or something recently.
>All the characters match up. "Tales" was interesting, but I don't know if
>it'll be the same as what I saw.
> Of course, it's still not Crusade.

It's the same series, with a few different characters. But there is still a lot
of weird sh*t going on. Oh, and the evil His Divine Shadow, the major baddie,
is still out and about, his essence still intent on the subjucation of
humankind. And Captain Stanley Tweedle is still the Anti-Kirk, but he gets
close to getting to make whoopee in the past two seasons.
And Zev has been replaced with Xev, some genetic accident.

Matt Blackwell

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
On 01 Oct 1999 01:10:13 GMT, bert...@aol.comjunkstop (BERTMARCH)
wrote:

>>(snip description of some godawful sounding premise)
>>
>>*gritting teeth*
>>

>Well, hey, don't let the fact that you've never seen the show get in the way of
>your need to bash Sci-Fi. I mean, hey why don't we all take another whack at
>Farscape as that 'dumb show with the muppets.'

Good idea! Boy, I really hate that dumb, stupid show! What with all of
those muppets in it and all...

Matt- Who still doesn't gave Sci-Fi on his cable system.

Lori Holuta

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99

BERTMARCH replied...

> >(snip description of some godawful sounding premise)
> >
> >*gritting teeth*
> >

> Well, hey, don't let the fact that you've never seen the show get in the
way of
> your need to bash Sci-Fi. I mean, hey why don't we all take another whack
at
> Farscape as that 'dumb show with the muppets.'

Whoa! I'm just blowing off some steam here. Yes, I *am* frustrated at the
seemingly constant parade of new acquisitions SFC has been making this
month, because of my own personal disappointment that they couldn't cut a
deal to bring Crusade on board. Give me that.

Beyond that, I like Farscape. A lot. I don't like Rygel in any way shape or
form, but I love the series. I can deal with him being in it because the
series itself is excellent, and a must see for me.

I do not like the premise of this newly described show. But yes, I will
watch it and give it every honest chance to change my mind. Just as I do
every show that hits SFC. I love the channel, and love many of their
series, but often will disagree with some of their choices and decisions,
and then I will feel perfectly comfortable gritting my teeth and temporarily
for the moment hating them.

Didn't think I needed to explain in such detail, but well, you seemed pretty
defensive there. If you weren't, accept my apologies.

Charles Whitney

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
In article <lGPI3.579$Pt....@news4.mia>,
"Jason Bacon" <bac...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Both the movies and the hour-long TV show follow the adventures of
four
> futuristic misfits who steal the most powerful weapon ever created, a
giant

> insect named Lexx who doubles as a space ship. The TV series stars

Brian
> Downey as Stanley Tweedle, the bumbling, self-serving captain of
Lexx; Xenia
> Seeberg as Xev, a former love slave;

Somehow this particular part of the series comes as no surprise.

Charles

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Darkhop

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Jason Bacon wrote:
[--]

> a giant
> insect named Lexx who doubles as a space ship.

"Gumtuu -- do not allow --"

[--]

> SCI FI has acquired the rights to the first 20 episode of the series with
> the option to pick up additional seasons. "LEXX is a unique and
> unconventional series that adds to our roster of original, cutting-edge
> fare," said Bonnie Hammer, the senior vice president for SCI FI Channel

> Programming and USA Original Productions--

--in a very unoriginal, standard sort of PR-speak for which these
lesions of humanity are known.

> What do you think ?

That 99% of television ought to be destroyed and replaced with my entire
videotape and disc collection on permanent cycle-rerun.

/JSH - now with Yojimbo and Sanjuro on DVD and smugly proud of it!

Thug: "Go on! Try to kill me!"
Sanjuro: "It'll hurt."

Lori Holuta

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99

Carl Burke siad...
> Jason Bacon wrote:

> > Both the movies and the hour-long TV show follow the adventures of four
> > futuristic misfits who steal the most powerful weapon ever created, a
giant

> > insect named Lexx who doubles as a space ship. The TV series stars Brian
> > Downey as Stanley Tweedle, the bumbling, self-serving captain of Lexx;
Xenia
> > Seeberg as Xev, a former love slave; Michael McManus as the
2,000-year-old
> > assassin Kai (who also happens to be dead); and Jeffrey Hirschfield as
the
> > lovestruck robot head 790.
>
> Twenty quid says the dead ones a hologram. Smegheads.
>
> "Fun, fun, fun... with a gun, gun, gun."

And the robot has optional groin attachments, Stanley loves curry, Xenia
loves Stanley in an alternate dimension, and eventually they will stumble
across a hidden cat.

"Insect Lexx, nibbling at my toes....."

Carl Burke

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Jason Bacon wrote:
> Both the movies and the hour-long TV show follow the adventures of four
> futuristic misfits who steal the most powerful weapon ever created, a giant
> insect named Lexx who doubles as a space ship. The TV series stars Brian
> Downey as Stanley Tweedle, the bumbling, self-serving captain of Lexx; Xenia
> Seeberg as Xev, a former love slave; Michael McManus as the 2,000-year-old
> assassin Kai (who also happens to be dead); and Jeffrey Hirschfield as the
> lovestruck robot head 790.

Twenty quid says the dead ones a hologram. Smegheads.

"Fun, fun, fun... with a gun, gun, gun."

--
Barcode

JimL2

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
On 01 Oct 1999 01:07:45 GMT, bert...@aol.comjunkstop (BERTMARCH)
wrote:

>>And, uh, just what part of the insect do they live in, exactly?
>>

>Well, the insect has chambers and corridors throughout. It's a neat spaceship
>though, especially the perfectly calm and solicitous sounding voice they have
>for the ship.
>"My captain is Stanley Tweedle. I blow up planets for him."
>
> >And this isn't a joke?
>>Because I'd swear that this was the premise for season 6-7 (?) of Red
>>Dwarf.
>>

>Well, yes. It's exactly like Red Dwarf, down to the Time Prophet and His Divine
>Shadow, the evil ruler of the Federation of 20,000 worlds. The spaceship which
>needs to eat eat eat every now and then.
>Oh, and Kai, the dead assassin, kept alive with 'proto-blood'. Dresses in
>black, has a scropian-pincer launcher thing attached to his wrist that he uses
>to slice and decapitiate.
>
>Just like Red Dwarf.

Thought so!

Jim "Woo-hoo! I was right, I was right, I was right!" Lauwers

Hey, what's with all this dead space down here?

ToyCarGuy

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
As if the Teletubbies weren't evil enough, "Jason Bacon" <bac...@bellsouth.net>
writes:

>Well, I noticed this, yet ANOTHER reason why MST3K was canceled. Anyway,
>here you go...(and try not to punch the screen in at Bonnie Hammer's
>stupidity.)
>
>(BTW, I'm not judging LEXX...yet)

Neither am I, but ....

>SCI FI Adds LEXX To Its Lineup
>
>The SCI FI Channel has picked up the rights to the offbeat SF series LEXX

<snip obviously, painfully FarScape-like description>

>What do you think ?

<Heavy, heavy sigh>

Okay, here's what I think:

1) Yes, it sounds much like FarScape, although I get the impression from the
story LEXX has been around longer; brings back bad memories of the DS9/B5
comparisons

2) ["LEXX is a unique and unconventional series that adds to our roster of
original, cutting-edge fare," said Bonnie Hammer] ... ?!? ... And a guy and
his 'Bots making subtle social commentary and arcane pop culture references
during classic Z-grade sci-fi schlock *isn't* a unique and unconventio --
{Note to Self: Stop kicking that dead horse}

3) Good Lord, next they'll be giving Troma their own prime-time hour!

(And while I may be -- and in fact, probably am -- the only person who watches
AND likes FarScape, I'd like to go on record as saying that, yes, I do still
watch AND like FarScape.)

Toy Car Guy
=====================
http://members.aol.com/toycarguy/Comic-Index.html

Stephen Cooke

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99

Just one note about LEXX...

It's from the people who gave us the film DefCon4.

So take that as you may.

And the studio where they film it is two blocks from where I live.

swac
*Two!*Two!*things about Lexx...

ToyCarGuy

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
In article <37F4FBA2...@mitre.org>, Carl Burke <cbu...@mitre.org> writes:

>"Fun, fun, fun... with a gun, gun, gun."
>
>--

I thought it was "fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun sun", but I could be wrong.

ToyCarGuy

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
Stephen Cooke <am...@chebucto.ns.ca> writes:

>Just one note about LEXX...
>
>It's from the people who gave us the film DefCon4.
>
>So take that as you may.

[Chuckling quietly to himself]

Oh, man. I was in the Air Force, stationed in Germany when that film came out.
I had Top Secret security clearance (yes, folks, at one time I was in fact
part of your taxpayer-funded Military Intelligence), and I worked at a site
where we did Secret Things. And I can tell you, we all had a good laugh when
that film came out, because of course we all knew what DefCon4 /really/ meant
(and, yes, DefCon4 really does mean something) and we knew that it would have
very little if any to do with what the story would be about. I remember one of
the film's most intensely dramatic scenes -- well, it was supposed to be -- was
when the orbiter's crew lost the signals from Command, and all the monitors
went to static and snow, the Scott-hamilton-looking Main Character slammed his
fists on the console, turned to his shipmates and, his face in a rictus of
intense disbelief, shouted, "They're all going bone-white!"

Which, as a former military man, I can tell you is not good. Nope, it's bad
enough when your Communications Officer says something simple like, "We've lost
the signal!"; but if he says they're going bone-white, you're in some deep
dooky.

Carl Burke

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
ToyCarGuy wrote:
> In article <37F4FBA2...@mitre.org>, Carl Burke <cbu...@mitre.org> writes:
>
> >"Fun, fun, fun... with a gun, gun, gun."
> >
> >--
>
> I thought it was "fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun sun", but I could be wrong.

Yes, it was. You're right. In a moment of whimsy, I changed it.

--
Barcode

ToyCarGuy

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Carl Burke <cbu...@mitre.org> writes:

Oh, I think I get it now. See, I wasn't even thinking; my bad habit of being
too literal at the wrong time.

Lori Holuta

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99

ToyCarGuy wrote...

> Carl Burke <cbu...@mitre.org> writes:
>
> >ToyCarGuy wrote:

> >> I thought it was "fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun sun", but I could be
> >wrong.
> >
> >Yes, it was. You're right. In a moment of whimsy, I changed it.
> >

> Oh, I think I get it now. See, I wasn't even thinking; my bad habit of
being
> too literal at the wrong time.

What *exactly* do you mean by literal?

Fun, fun, fun.... now I'll run, run, run.....

ToyCarGuy

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
"Lori Holuta" <hol...@spoo.msu.edu> writes:

>ToyCarGuy wrote...
>> Carl Burke <cbu...@mitre.org> writes:

>> >wrong.
>> >
>> >Yes, it was. You're right. In a moment of whimsy, I changed it.
>>
>> Oh, I think I get it now. See, I wasn't even thinking; my bad habit of
>being
>> too literal at the wrong time.
>
>What *exactly* do you mean by literal?

I wasn't thinking about the fact that he was, in essence, commenting on Bonnie
Hammer; I simply went headlong into noticing that the words he stated were
dfferent from what I thought they were. So, I thereby completely missed what
should have been an amusing little gem. So, um, I guess that's what I mean by
literal.

Toy Car Guy, #72920
------------------------------

Lori Holuta

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
ToyCarGuy wrote...

I knew that, sweetums. You mentioned that you had a habit of being too
literal, so my idea of whimsey was to ask you literally what you meant by
that.... and you are right, you are literal and answered me as such!
'sokay, I was funnin with ya.

Lori, back from a short vacation from life

Julia

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Lori Holuta wrote:

> Lori, back from a short vacation from life

And you are...?

Julia - and this is regarding....?

:D
--
jso...@rocketmail.com ICQ 3171115
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/3722

Lori Holuta

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Julia spluttered...

> Lori Holuta wrote:
>

> > Lori, back from a short vacation from life
>
> And you are...?
>
> Julia - and this is regarding....?

Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice spiky
clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*

(Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
called you to make you look at it!)

To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
your homage to me. Pay up!

Glad to be back, even though it means coming back to work.

Julia

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Lori Holuta wrote:

> Julia spluttered...
> >
> > Lori Holuta wrote:
> >

> > > Lori, back from a short vacation from life
> >
> > And you are...?
> >
> > Julia - and this is regarding....?
>
> Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice spiky
> clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*

Hey...!

> (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
> called you to make you look at it!)

Oh, watching *those* shows again, hmm?

> To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
> your homage to me. Pay up!

I'm sorry, I'm all out of homage. Here, have some french cheese instead.

> Glad to be back, even though it means coming back to work.

Is that what we're supposed to be doing?

Oh hey, all this reminds me. Remember when you posted the photo of the
guy who did a cheese sculpture out of a hotel room? I think that was
you... where he flung melted cheese on everything and make a gooey,
sticky, messy, smelly work of art? I recently saw a little segment on
some HGTV program about this very thing. They showed him melting and
slopping cheese, interviewed the hotel owner, then interviewed people
who strolled through it for the exhibition. Interspersed were lots and
lots of shots of the completed um... thing. It looked like he was really
enjoying himself. too.

Most common comment from the crowd: "P.U."

Julia - behold the power of cheese.

Lori Holuta

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Julia exclaimed...

> Lori Holuta wrote:
> >
> > Julia spluttered...

> > > And you are...?
> > >
> > > Julia - and this is regarding....?
> >
> > Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
spiky
> > clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
>
> Hey...!
>
> > (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
> > called you to make you look at it!)
>
> Oh, watching *those* shows again, hmm?

Clock! Clock! C-L-O-C-K! Oh, sure, now I sound like a chicken.

> > To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
> > your homage to me. Pay up!
>
> I'm sorry, I'm all out of homage. Here, have some french cheese instead.

What, you ain't got Jack?

> > Glad to be back, even though it means coming back to work.
>
> Is that what we're supposed to be doing?
>
> Oh hey, all this reminds me. Remember when you posted the photo of the
> guy who did a cheese sculpture out of a hotel room? I think that was
> you... where he flung melted cheese on everything and make a gooey,
> sticky, messy, smelly work of art? I recently saw a little segment on
> some HGTV program about this very thing. They showed him melting and
> slopping cheese, interviewed the hotel owner, then interviewed people
> who strolled through it for the exhibition. Interspersed were lots and
> lots of shots of the completed um... thing. It looked like he was really
> enjoying himself. too.

I remember that! Big, smelly, oozing stinking bedroom. Heck, if I wanted
that kind of lifestyle, I would have stayed with my old boyfriend.
(ba-da-BUMP).

So, ever wonder about the poor cleaning people that had to restore that room
once the exhibition was over? I'll bet even a simple box of Kraft Dinner
gives them the shakes now.

Cheese rhymes with sneeze, and apparently sometimes with good reason.

Michael Clear

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Lori Holuta <hol...@spoo.msu.edu> wrote in message

> Julia spluttered...
> >
> > Lori Holuta wrote:
> >

> > > Lori, back from a short vacation from life
> >
> > And you are...?
> >
> > Julia - and this is regarding....?
>
> Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
spiky
> clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
>
> (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
> called you to make you look at it!)
>
> To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
> your homage to me. Pay up!

And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that low
taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.

Oh, and black is white.

Michael Clear
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.capital.net/~maclear
Updated 9/12/99

Spammers: hold up 3 fingers and read my e-mail address
Everyone else: remove read.between.the.lines to e-mail me.

Lori Holuta

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
Michael Clear announced...

> Lori Holuta wrote...

> > Julia spluttered...

> > > And you are...?
> > >
> > > Julia - and this is regarding....?
> >
> > Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
> spiky
> > clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
> >
> > (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
> > called you to make you look at it!)
> >
> > To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
> > your homage to me. Pay up!
>
> And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
> criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that low
> taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.

Thank you for informing the masses, Mr. Minister. And here's the latest
press release, you may want to update your speech. Laboratory tests have
now concluded that not paying Lori proper homage will result in increased
dental decay in 4 out of 5 dentists. Also, you may experience some
dizziness. So, for your own sake, homage away!

> Oh, and black is white.

Funny you would type that on a day when I'm wearing a white jumper with a
black polo shirt under it, and black stockings and shoes. I think my entire
ensemble just reversed polarity.

William Heiser

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
Lori Holuta wrote:

> Michael Clear announced...
> >
> > Lori Holuta wrote...
> > >
> > > Julia spluttered...

> > > Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
> > spiky
> > > clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
> > >
> > > (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
> > > called you to make you look at it!)
> > >
> > > To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
> > > your homage to me. Pay up!
> >
> > And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
> > criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that low
> > taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.
> >

> Thank you for informing the masses, Mr. Minister. And here's the latest
> press release, you may want to update your speech. Laboratory tests have
> now concluded that not paying Lori proper homage will result in increased
> dental decay in 4 out of 5 dentists. Also, you may experience some
> dizziness. So, for your own sake, homage away!

What about paying her proper fromage?

William

Julia

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

> > Oh, and black is white.
>
> Funny you would type that on a day when I'm wearing a white jumper with a
> black polo shirt under it, and black stockings and shoes. I think my entire
> ensemble just reversed polarity.

Did it make beer shoot out your nose?

Julia - thank you, Jack Handey, wherever you are. :)

Epona Harper

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
Michael Clear wrote:

>Lori Holuta <hol...@spoo.msu.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> Julia spluttered...

>> > And you are...?
>> >
>> > Julia - and this is regarding....?
>>
>> Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
>spiky
>> clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
>>
>> (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
>> called you to make you look at it!)
>>
>> To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
>> your homage to me. Pay up!
>
>And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
>criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that low
>taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.
>
>Oh, and black is white.

And I am Commander of Her Splendor's Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to pay
proper homage will be beaten with wet salmon, incinerated, then imprisoned for
life.

And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just reported that black is really mauve.

Epona Harper and Winterlight
(dreamer, swordswoman and MSTie)

"My goal is to live forever. So far, so good."

Stephen Cooke

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Julia wrote:

> Thank you, Jack Handey, wherever you are. :)

I wonder if Jack Handy and Jam Handy are related...:)

swac
Folksy, but wrong...must be a connection!

Bill Livingston

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
Previously on "Soap", Epona Harper wrote:
>Michael Clear wrote:
>>Lori Holuta <hol...@spoo.msu.edu> wrote...

>>>Julia spluttered...

>>>Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
>>>spiky clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
>>>
>>>Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
>>>alled you to make you look at it!)
>>>
>>>To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is regarding
>>>your homage to me. Pay up!
>>
>>And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
>>criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that low
>>taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.
>>
>>Oh, and black is white.
>
>And I am Commander of Her Splendor's Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to pay
>proper homage will be beaten with wet salmon, incinerated, then imprisoned
>for life.

And I am director of Her Dread Majesty's Board of Tourism. Come visit sunny,
tropical Lori - um, I mean, sunny, tropical Michigan! Bring Mittens! Bring
Homage! Bring Fromage! Bring your MasterCard! Because RATMM's Unofficial
Official Prop Diva *doesn't* take American Express!

>And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just reported that black is really
>mauve.

Uh-oh. This isn't the start of one of them coo day tahs, is it?

And incidentally, "Sea Foam" is actually "Teal". Thank you.

Bill L.
Eggshell

bi...@Traveller.COM http://www.hsv.tis.net/~bill
He that is of a merry heart hath
a continual feast - Prov. 15:15b

Jean

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99

And I am Madame Exchequer, responsible for all payables and
disbursements. Please submit your requisitions in octuplicate, and I
will file them in Queen Lori's basket, for her to peruse when she gets
back from pillaging the serfs, the Fromage Festival, salmon fishing, and
incinerating Bolsheviks. Good luck, suckers.

> >And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just reported that black is really
> >mauve.
>
> Uh-oh. This isn't the start of one of them coo day tahs, is it?
>
> And incidentally, "Sea Foam" is actually "Teal". Thank you.

And chartreuse is now puce. Thanks.

Jean

ToyCarGuy

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99

>> >being
>> >
>> >What *exactly* do you mean by literal?
>> >

>> I wasn't thinking about the fact that he was, in essence, commenting on
>Bonnie
>> Hammer; I simply went headlong into noticing that the words he stated were
>> dfferent from what I thought they were. So, I thereby completely missed
>what
>> should have been an amusing little gem. So, um, I guess that's what I
>mean by
>> literal.
>
>I knew that, sweetums. You mentioned that you had a habit of being too
>literal, so my idea of whimsey was to ask you literally what you meant by
>that.... and you are right, you are literal and answered me as such!
>'sokay, I was funnin with ya.

...I knew that.

(Or: "I did again!" :| )

Nate The Snake Brasher

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
>>>To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the >>>Newsgroup. And this is
regarding your >>>homage to me. Pay up!
>>And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. >>Remember folks, anyone who
criticizes Lori >>is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have >>determined
that low taxes are bad for you so >>they will be tripled.
>>Oh, and black is white.
>And I am Commander of Her Splendor's >Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to
pay proper >homage will be beaten with wet salmon, >incinerated, then
imprisoned for life.
>And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just >reported that black is
really mauve.

As Head of Internal Sercurity, Always Remaining Eternally Aware (or, as
my minions like to call me, HISAREA), I must ask you to come with me.
This Black = Mauve idea is obviously a dangerous anti-Lori scheme that
you are using to attempt a coup. Lay your salmon on the ground and come
with me.

Go about your business, citizens.

Nate "The Snake" Brasher: Wanna peek under my kilt? A MSTie, and damn
proud of it! "Drink the blood of the virgin!" Crow T. Robot, 1998

Epona Harper

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Nate wrote:

>regarding your >>>homage to me. Pay up!
>>>And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. >>Remember folks, anyone who
>criticizes Lori >>is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have >>determined
>that low taxes are bad for you so >>they will be tripled.
>>>Oh, and black is white.
>>And I am Commander of Her Splendor's >Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to
>pay proper >homage will be beaten with wet salmon, >incinerated, then
>imprisoned for life.
>>And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just >reported that black is
>really mauve.
>
>As Head of Internal Sercurity, Always Remaining Eternally Aware (or, as
>my minions like to call me, HISAREA), I must ask you to come with me.
>This Black = Mauve idea is obviously a dangerous anti-Lori scheme that
>you are using to attempt a coup. Lay your salmon on the ground and come
>with me.
>
>Go about your business, citizens.

<gives a shrill whistle, and dozens of Shock Troopers surround Nate with salmon
at the ready>

Ah, HISAREA! So you're the one who is suppressing the fact that Black=Mauve.
No doubt it's part of your plot to usurp the throne of the Most Excellant Lori.
Well, you'll endanger Her Splendor no longer.
<turns to troops>
SEIZE HIM! IF HE RESISTS, FORCE FEED HIM FISHSTICKS!

Lori Holuta

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
William Heiser wrote...

> Lori Holuta wrote:
>
> > Michael Clear announced...
> > >
> > > Lori Holuta wrote...

> > > spiky

> > > And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
> > > criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that
low
> > > taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.
> > >

> > Thank you for informing the masses, Mr. Minister. And here's the latest
> > press release, you may want to update your speech. Laboratory tests
have
> > now concluded that not paying Lori proper homage will result in
increased
> > dental decay in 4 out of 5 dentists. Also, you may experience some
> > dizziness. So, for your own sake, homage away!
>
> What about paying her proper fromage?

Sounds gouda to me!

Lori Holuta

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
Epona Harper wrote...

> Michael Clear wrote:
> >
> >Lori Holuta <hol...@spoo.msu.edu> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Julia spluttered...

> >> Huh. Well, if you don't know me, guess you won't be needing this nice
> >spiky
> >> clock I found over the weekend! *returns clock*
> >>
> >> (Actually, I saw a spiky clock on some show a few days ago, and nearly
> >> called you to make you look at it!)
> >>
> >> To remind you, I am Lori, Queen of the Newsgroup. And this is
regarding
> >> your homage to me. Pay up!
> >
> >And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
> >criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that low
> >taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.
> >
> >Oh, and black is white.
> >
> And I am Commander of Her Splendor's Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to
pay
> proper homage will be beaten with wet salmon, incinerated, then imprisoned
for
> life.

Hey! Not the salmon! Beat them with a wet mackrel, and send me the salmon.
Yum. It will go well with all that fromage homage.

> And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just reported that black is really
mauve.

Oh, great, suddenly my outfit is clashing.

Lori Holuta

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
Bill Livingston wrote...

> Previously on "Soap", Epona Harper wrote:
> >Michael Clear wrote:
> >>Lori Holuta <hol...@spoo.msu.edu> wrote...

> >>And I'm Lori's Minister of Propaganda. Remember folks, anyone who
> >>criticizes Lori is a Bolshevik. Also, scientists have determined that
low
> >>taxes are bad for you so they will be tripled.
> >>
> >>Oh, and black is white.
> >
> >And I am Commander of Her Splendor's Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to
pay
> >proper homage will be beaten with wet salmon, incinerated, then
imprisoned
> >for life.
>
> And I am director of Her Dread Majesty's Board of Tourism. Come visit
sunny,
> tropical Lori - um, I mean, sunny, tropical Michigan! Bring Mittens!
Bring
> Homage! Bring Fromage! Bring your MasterCard! Because RATMM's
Unofficial
> Official Prop Diva *doesn't* take American Express!

Yes! Tour sleds are booking now! Lori's Cheeze and Whine Extravaganza is a
vacation you will remember for a lunchtime!

> And incidentally, "Sea Foam" is actually "Teal". Thank you.

And by Queen Lori's decree, avacado green is now illegal in 16 states.
Sorry, Tennessee.

Lori Holuta

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
Jean added...
> And I am Madame Exchequer, responsible for all payables and
> disbursements. Please submit your requisitions in octuplicate, and I
> will file them in Queen Lori's basket, for her to peruse when she gets
> back from pillaging the serfs, the Fromage Festival, salmon fishing, and
> incinerating Bolsheviks. Good luck, suckers.

Oh, dear! My basket is chock full of paperwork! And that's the handbasket
I was going to go to hell in! Ah, guess I'll have to take the subway
instead.

> > >And Minister Clear is wrong. My spys just reported that black is
really
> > >mauve.
> >

> > Uh-oh. This isn't the start of one of them coo day tahs, is it?
> >

> > And incidentally, "Sea Foam" is actually "Teal". Thank you.
>

> And chartreuse is now puce. Thanks.

And beige is now eggshell, except in Alaska, where is is Antique White.

Marc Bowden

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
In article <7uftk6$dmq$1...@msunews.cl.msu.edu>, "Lori Holuta"
<hol...@spoo.msu.edu> wrote:

> Epona Harper wrote...
> > Michael Clear wrote:
> > >

> > And I am Commander of Her Splendor's Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to
> pay
> > proper homage will be beaten with wet salmon, incinerated, then imprisoned
> for
> > life.
>

> Hey! Not the salmon! Beat them with a wet mackrel, and send me the salmon.
> Yum. It will go well with all that fromage homage.

"I'm surprised he didn't bring it himself!" (1 pt.)

Marc Bowden - Soulsinger ry...@merit.edu

Member of the Friday Night Society - Popcorn & Pain
Every Friday Night, 7pm in beautiful Ann Arbor, MI!

"Now, if *I* built a murderous robot that hated me,
I'd come up with a shorter shutdown code or put
him on the Clapper." - FNS 118: "Evolver"

Bill Livingston

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
Previously on "The Charmings", Lori Holuta wrote:
>Bill Livingston wrote...

>>Previously on "Soap", Epona Harper wrote:

>>>And I am Commander of Her Splendor's Shock Troops. Anyone who fails to
>>>pay proper homage will be beaten with wet salmon, incinerated, then
>>>imprisoned for life.
>>
>>And I am director of Her Dread Majesty's Board of Tourism. Come visit
>>sunny, tropical Lori - um, I mean, sunny, tropical Michigan! Bring Mittens!
>>Bring Homage! Bring Fromage! Bring your MasterCard! Because RATMM's
>>Unofficial Official Prop Diva *doesn't* take American Express!
>
>Yes! Tour sleds are booking now! Lori's Cheeze and Whine Extravaganza is a
>vacation you will remember for a lunchtime!

Remember, bring lots of money. Dress warm. Bring lots of money. Don't
forget your camera. Bring lots of money. Did we mention the money yet?

>>And incidentally, "Sea Foam" is actually "Teal". Thank you.
>

>And by Queen Lori's decree, avacado green is now illegal in 16 states.
>Sorry, Tennessee.

However, Harvest Gold, is, always, good for a pinch.

Bill L.
The Maytag Man

Lori Holuta

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Previously, on the Channel 31 Public Access Network, Bill Livingston

And make that *American* money! At Casa De Caribou, we don't believe in
pretty colors on our currency! Sorry, Canada! But for those of you with
good old drab, American funds, here's what awaits you:

Watch the brilliant changing of the Autumn leaves, just seconds before they
fall en masse and bury your car, which you won't find till spring!
The Annual Running Of The Deer. Wear your hunter's orange unless you want
to go home with some festive bullet tattoos!
Play our official state games! "Name That Roadkill", and "What's That
Barnyard Smell?" are favorites with the kids.

> >>And incidentally, "Sea Foam" is actually "Teal". Thank you.
> >
> >And by Queen Lori's decree, avacado green is now illegal in 16 states.
> >Sorry, Tennessee.
>
> However, Harvest Gold, is, always, good for a pinch.

That explains why wearing my fall-hued outfit always gets me goosed.

> Bill L.
> The Maytag Man

Lori
The Ragtag Girl

Bill Livingston

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

Remember, only bring money with big ugly pictures on it, and that makes
Monopoly Money look attractive.

>But for those of you with good old drab, American funds, here's what awaits
>you:
>
>Watch the brilliant changing of the Autumn leaves, just seconds before they
>fall en masse and bury your car, which you won't find till spring!

Did we mention the very very very very small parking fee ($10.00 for the first
hour, $500 for each additional day, compounded monthly)?

>The Annual Running Of The Deer. Wear your hunter's orange unless you want
>to go home with some festive bullet tattoos!

You can also wear hot pink, but only if you can stand hearing a moose laugh
hysterially.

>Play our official state games! "Name That Roadkill", and "What's That
>Barnyard Smell?" are favorites with the kids.

Other favorites include "Pin the Tail on the Live Donkey" and "Guess What I
Just Stepped In?"

>>>And by Queen Lori's decree, avacado green is now illegal in 16 states.
>>>Sorry, Tennessee.
>>
>>However, Harvest Gold, is, always, good for a pinch.
>
>That explains why wearing my fall-hued outfit always gets me goosed.

Well, that and the fact that you're always running taking a gander at
everything.

>>Bill L.
>>The Maytag Man
>
>Lori