Kristina fran Duvemala is AWESOME!

DieZflote

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
Well I got it today and I was hit by a Mac Truck- this score is far and out the
most incredible score I have ever heard composed for musical theater. They
could rewrite the vocals and this could go on to be an opera masterpiece. You
can hear the influence of Handel, Puccini, Verdi, Donizetti, Beethoven, and
even Wagner in this score.

I have printed the english translation libretto so it will be interesting to
see if the book and lyrics measure up to this truly magnificant score.

Stephen Farrow

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
DieZflote wrote:

> Well I got it today and I was hit by a Mac Truck-

Not literally, I hope!

Seriously, if it's *that* good, I'll look for it at Dress Circle when
I'm home this summer. I've been wondering about it for a while, but it's
quite expensive.

Stephen

--
Will men ever get pregnant? And if they do, will they opt for
shoulder-tie dungarees, or play safe with Peter Pan collar-type loose

Seth Christenfeld

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
In article <20000215220812...@ng-fg1.aol.com>,

diez...@aol.com (DieZflote) wrote:
> I have printed the english translation libretto so it will be interesting to
> see if the book and lyrics measure up to this truly magnificant score.

Question: Where does one obtain the English libretto? And is it the
official version or a "fanslation"?

Oh, and we get the point: it's good. Enough - please.

Seth, worn out

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

the other James

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
In article <38AA5832...@chass.utoronto.ca>, Stephen Farrow
<sfa...@chass.utoronto.ca> writes:

>Seriously, if it's *that* good, I'll look for it at Dress Circle when
>I'm home this summer. I've been wondering about it for a while, but it's
>quite expensive.

Footlight has the single-CD version for about $29.95, I think.

But for twice the price, you can get three times the music. And use a coupon.

--the other James

Visit Tim's FAQ
http://www.juglans.demon.co.uk/Tim/Theatre/TheatreLinks.htm

DieZflote

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
>ot literally, I hope!

>Seriously, if it's *that* good, I'll look for it at Dress Circle when
>I'm home this summer. I've been wondering about it for a while, but it's
>quite expensive.

Stephen-it is absolutely incredible. I am so glad that I spent the money for
it. I only wish I understood the lyrics...hopefully it will hit broadway some
day...It is utterly amazing!

DieZflote

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
I would NOT get the single highlights cd- this show is packed with great music-
definitely WAY MORE than would appear on 1 disc!

Stephen Farrow

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
the other James wrote:

> In article <38AA5832...@chass.utoronto.ca>, Stephen Farrow
> <sfa...@chass.utoronto.ca> writes:
>
> >Seriously, if it's *that* good, I'll look for it at Dress Circle when
> >I'm home this summer. I've been wondering about it for a while, but it's
> >quite expensive.
>
> Footlight has the single-CD version for about $29.95, I think.
>
> But for twice the price, you can get three times the music. And use a coupon.
>
> --the other James

Thanks! When I do get hold of it, I'll definitely be going for the whole
thing. I'm not going to be able to afford it for a while, though - I'm
trying to scrape together the money to fly home to England in June, so
I'm not spending *anything* at the moment unless I have to [also I have
a couple of Dress Circle vouchers from Christmas... apparently... my
brother bought them and didn't send them to me in Canada, so they'll be
waiting for me when I next get home :-)].

I'm looking forward to hearing it, though.

Stephen

marco

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
You really should buy it, it's the best music written for theatre I have ever heard,
and I have seen the show twice and it was breathtaking!
marco
holland

DieZflote

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
I agree and aside from having the libretto translations, I don't understand the
words- but it is breathtaking. I believe all anyone would have to hear would
be DU MASTE FINNAS...what a beautiful song and the message is WONDERFUL!