What happened to Brian Daley & Robert Don Hughes?

Jim Lahue

Jun 10, 1994, 4:17:06 PM6/10/94
I was swapping mail with someone and the subject question came up.

Brian Daley wrote the Coramonde series ("Doomfarers of..." and
"Starfollowers of..."), "A Tapestry of Magic", the "Adventures of
Hobert Floyt and Alacrity Fitzhugh" books ("Requiem for a Ruler of
Worlds", Jinx on a Terran Inheritence", "Fall of the White Ship Avatar")
and some Han Solo books. In general, they were very good reading
(...I didn't read the Han Solo books...). However, it has been quite
some time since he has come out with anything new. Anyone know what he
is doing now-a-days?

Robert Don Hughes wrote the "Pelmen the Powershaper" series ("The Prophet
of Lamath", "The Wizard in Waiting" and "The Power and the Prophet") and
the follow-on "Wizard & Dragon" series ("The Forging of the Dragon" and
"The Faithful Traitor"). It has also been awhile since he has written
anything....

Jim Lahue | Disclaimer: All expressed
jla...@vnet.ibm.com | views are mine alone and not
Power Personal Systems, IBM | necessarily shared by IBM

Rebecca Leann Smit Crowley

Jun 10, 1994, 9:55:12 PM6/10/94
Jim Lahue (jla...@vnet.ibm.com) wrote:

: Brian Daley ... Anyone know what he is doing now-a-days?

Ellen Key Harris may pop up with more details, but Daley's been
writing as Jack McKinney with James Luceno. Robotech novels,
and the Black Hole Detective Agency 4 novel series.

Don't know about Hughes -- I can't find him in my sf encyclopedia,
either.
--
Rebecca Crowley standard disclaimers apply rcro...@zso.dec.com
It's this or sheep.

C/D Eskridge

Jun 10, 1994, 10:50:41 PM6/10/94
In article <19940610....@vnet.ibm.com>,

Jim Lahue <jla...@vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>I was swapping mail with someone and the subject question came up.
>
>Brian Daley wrote the Coramonde series ("Doomfarers of..." and
>"Starfollowers of..."), "A Tapestry of Magic", the "Adventures of
>Hobert Floyt and Alacrity Fitzhugh" books ("Requiem for a Ruler of
>Worlds", Jinx on a Terran Inheritence", "Fall of the White Ship Avatar")
>and some Han Solo books. In general, they were very good reading
>(...I didn't read the Han Solo books...). However, it has been quite
>some time since he has come out with anything new. Anyone know what he
>is doing now-a-days?

Daley also wrote the Radio Play version of Star Wars which
should be released some time soon as a book. He did an interview
on a local radio show last year when they started to replay
Star Wars. He mentioned that he wanted to get back to the Floyt
books eventualy.

Curt

watt...@delphi.com

Jun 11, 1994, 2:35:18 PM6/11/94
Jim Lahue <jla...@vnet.ibm.com> writes:

>Robert Don Hughes wrote the "Pelmen the Powershaper" series ("The Prophet
>of Lamath", "The Wizard in Waiting" and "The Power and the Prophet") and
>the follow-on "Wizard & Dragon" series ("The Forging of the Dragon" and
>"The Faithful Traitor"). It has also been awhile since he has written
>anything....

Last I heard, Robert Don Hughes was doing missionary work in Africa. Honest.
He's a minister in a denomination that's very strong on mission work. Doesn't
get much writing done when he's out of the country, though -- or at least he
doesn't get it published.

It's been years since I've heard anything, though, so that may not be the
reason for the present silence.

DHogan

Jun 14, 1994, 10:02:01 AM6/14/94
Hi Lawrence--fancy seeing you here!

Robert Don Hughes is back in the U.S. and is with a university in the
south. He is working on the third Wizard and Dragon book, but it is
moving VERY slowly--the last I heard about it was two years ago or
so. So we're all waiting to see what happens...

--Deborah from Del Rey

Captain Button

Jun 14, 1994, 1:10:53 PM6/14/94
C/D Eskridge (eskr...@access1.digex.net) wrote:

[ snip ...]

: Daley also wrote the Radio Play version of Star Wars which

: should be released some time soon as a book. He did an interview
: on a local radio show last year when they started to replay
: Star Wars. He mentioned that he wanted to get back to the Floyt
: books eventualy.

This Radio play is available on CD now, as is the RP of
_The Empire Srikes Back_.

--
- Captain Button but...@io.com

Ellen Key Harris

Jun 20, 1994, 3:39:18 PM6/20/94
In <2tkoat$k...@illuminati.io.com> but...@illuminati.io.com (Captain Button) writes:

>C/D Eskridge (eskr...@access1.digex.net) wrote:

>: Daley also wrote the Radio Play version of Star Wars which
>: should be released some time soon as a book. He did an interview
>: on a local radio show last year when they started to replay
>: Star Wars. He mentioned that he wanted to get back to the Floyt
>: books eventualy.

> This Radio play is available on CD now, as is the RP of
>_The Empire Srikes Back_.

STAR WARS: THE NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO DRAMATIZATION will be published
in October in trade paperback with storyboard and concept-sketch art
(_that_ was fun to pick out in the basement of Skywalker Ranch!) and
an explanatory introduction by Brian Daley who answers the questions:
what is this dramatization thing; how is it different from the movie;
_why_ is it different from the movie; and how is the original script
different from the broadcast/tapes (and why)?